π‘‡π‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘™π‘’π‘‘ π‘Šπ‘’π‘ ||π‘¨π’ŽοΏ½...

By tyragathers

"Should I try to hide, The way I feel inside, My heart for you? Would you say that you, Would try to love me... More

π‘†π‘¦π‘›π‘œπ‘π‘ π‘–π‘ 
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  𝑃𝑑 1
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  𝑃𝑑 2
1: He Was A Skater Boy
2: Fool me, Fool me, oh how you do me
3: F-R-I-E-N-D-S... We're just friends
4: You Belong With Me
5: Are We An Item... Girl Quit Playin'
6: I Put The Sing In Single
7: Can't Keep Making A Home Out Of You
8: I'll Bet She's Beautiful... That Girl He Talks About
9: Am I Crazy Or Falling In Love... Is It Really Just Another Crush
10: When Every Bit Of Hope Is Gone
11: And I Don't Want Your Pity... I Just Want Somebody Near Me
12: That Could Be Me
13: Ain't No Telling What We Could've Been
14: I Need A Hero... I'm Holding Out For A Hero Till The End Of The Night
15: Where Have All The Good Men Gone
16: Superman Got Nothing On Me
17: I Can Be Your Hero Baby... I Can Kiss Away The Pain
18: When It Comes To You I Lose My Control
19: My God I'm So Lonely... So I Open The Window
21: It's Like I Waited My Whole Life... For This One Night
22: Before It's Too Late
23: Lost Stars
24: Somebody That I Used To Know
Book 2
Quick Poll
Book 2 Characters
B2-1: What's Your Motive
B2-2: You've Got The Best Of My Love
B2-3: Doin' This, Doin' Love
B2-4: She Got A Little Drama With Her Friends
B2-5: Be My All Time, Be The Right One
B2-6: Just Say The Word, You Know I'm Yours
B2-7: Completely Enthralled By You
B2-8: You Ain't Innocent
B2-9: Love Spell
Extra For My Lovelies
B2-10: If My Girl Only Knew... That You Was Tryin'
B2-11: What Happens In The Club
B2-12: Holding Back
B2-13: Hard To Love
B2-14: I Hope She Don't Want To Leave Me
B2-15: You're Nowhere I Wanna Be
B2-16: If Only There Could Be Another Way To Do This
NOT AN UPDATE
B2-Part 17: Time
B2-Part 18: Oh Baby
B2-Part 19: Blessing And A Curse
B2-20: Inevitable Death
B2-21: Still A Long Long Way To Go
B2-22: I Do
Book 3 Characters
B3-1: Me You And Nugget
B3-2: What's The Worst That Can Happen?
B3-3: Magicians, Dinosaurs, and Octopuses... Oh My!
B3-4: Talking Lizards, A Sand Man, and A Really Emotional Pregnant Lady

20: Why Do I Keep Running From The Truth... All I Ever Think About Is You

5.2K 201 564
By tyragathers

"Give me one good honest kiss,
And I'll be alright."
~ Mitski

3rd Person's POV

Time had gone by. Almost another week. Peter was still onto Conners trying to stop him. Gwen and Peter were doing okay. They both weren't as happy as they were in the start of their relationship and she had no idea why.

Peter sits across from Gwen as they play a card game on her bed. She peeks a glance at him and frowns.

"So what's with you and my sister..."

Peter's heart skips a beat. Did Gwen know that Peter was thinking about Mila?

For the past week he had been contemplating his whole life. Between being with Gwen and being with Mila. He always had liked Mila until she went out with Flash in 8th grade and that's when Peter knew it was over. Then he saw Gwen... she was just as beautiful but also she was right up his alley. Mila was nowhere near. She was so different than him but that's why they were best friends. That's why Peter believed he would never have a chance with someone like Mila.

He missed hanging out with her as himself. Over the past few weeks he had been seeing her as Spider-Man but lately she started avoiding him too. He couldn't help but feel hurt and confused.

"Peter!"

Peter shakes his head to wake from his inner dialogue. He gives Gwen an innocent look as she sighs.

"What's going on Peter?"

"What do you mean?"

Gwen shrugs with a sad smile, "You've been weird Peter. You don't talk to me anymore. You haven't even kissed me in a week. Then not only are you being weird but my sister is a freaking zombie. She just sits around and doesn't talk to anyone. Thankfully her friends finally got her to go out. There's something going on... something wrong with you both. What is it?"

"I don't know." Peter tosses the cards on her bed before standing up and walking over to her window.

Gwen frowns and puts her cards down as well before standing beside him. She holds onto his arm and lays her head on him. Peter sighs inwardly before moving out of her grasp and sitting in the edge of her bed.

"Okayyyyy... What the hell Peter? What's your problem?"

"Nothing Gwen... Nothing. I'm just trying to figure stuff out."

"Stuff? What stuff? Is there something wrong between us?"

Peter rubs his face, "No it's not about us."

"Then who's it about?" Gwen already knew the answer to that but she just thought that maybe the friendship between Peter and Mila needed to be mended.

That was until, Gwen's tv turned on as she sat down on the remote. The news comes on and up pops a picture of Spider-Man making her ignore Peter as he mentally curses.

'Latest news shows that Spider-Man may have a spider woman... or maybe just a fan. But either way this looks like a blooming romance.'

A picture of Spider-Man and Mila kissing a few weeks ago pops up on the screen. Mila's face isn't shown that well but Gwen knows exactly who it is.

Gwen looks over at Peter with a sad look. Peter grimaces as he points to the tv and tries to make a joke.

"Well that's just... that's just crazy timing."

"Peter this is not the time to be joking. What the actual hell? You kissed my sister? While dating me? Does she know you're Spider-Man? Did you tell her too? She's your best friend you must tell her everything."

"No Gwen I didn't tell her. I don't know why but she kissed me. She didn't know it was me, she thought it was Spider-Man."

Gwen frowns as she thinks to herself. Mila had always said things that made her think she was crushing on her own best friend but Gwen never believed it.

Peter frowns as Gwen remains silent, "Gwen I haven't even spoken to Mila in weeks. If anything I've completely lost my best friend."

Gwen tears up as she looks at Peter, "Is it because of me?"

"Why would it be because of you?"

"She hasn't told you..."

"Hasn't told me what?"

Gwen shakes her head and takes a deep breath. All this time Mila was talking about Peter but she never told him her feelings because of Gwen.

"Peter I'm breaking up with you."

Peter stares at her with wide eyes, "What?! Gwen no. Why? I'm sorry for kissing Mila. I'm sorry if I seem out of it-"

"Peter... when you think about Mila... what do you think?"

"Excuse me?"

"Come on Peter I mean it, seriously."

Peter clears his throat before looking out the window biting his lip, "She's my best friend. She's always there for me... always. She knows me in and out. Every time I'm sad, happy, mad, confused... she knows. She's beautiful inside and out. I miss her and I can't live without her."

Gwen nods with a sad smile, "Do you have feelings for her?"

"Gwen..."

"Peter Parker you answer me right now."

Peter sighs putting his face in his hands as he thinks about the same thing he had been thinking all week long.

"Yes... I think I'm in love with her."

Gwen nods and stand up looking away from him, "Then go after her."

"Ex-excuse me?"

Peter stares at Gwen in confusion. She smiles lightly as she ruffles his hair.

"Go after her stupid. It's clear as day that she likes you too. I just didn't know until I took myself out of the equation."

Peter shakes his head still so confused, "Mila? Liking me? No there's no way."

Gwen slaps him across the back of his head making him look at her like she was crazy.

"Uh ow! What was that for?"

"For being a stupid boy. Don't settle for me just because I'm an easy option. Mila and you are endgame. That's just the way it is. And I'm sorry for almost ruining that."

"Gwen you didn't do anything. I really did like you."

"Just not as much as Mila."

"I'm sorry. It took me a while to figure it out. I always had a crush on her but then my feelings for you grew. I didn't know that losing her would bring back those feelings and that I would see as her something more and want something more than just being her best friend. I'm really sorry."

"Peter it's okay. I promise. But if you break her heart... then you've got another thing coming... me with rifle and a shovel."

Peter chuckles as he pulls Gwen into a hug, "Thank you."

"Of course. Now hurry up Romeo."

Peter nods and pushes up Gwen's window. He lifts a leg out then turns around and frowns.

"Wait where is she?"

"She's at Flash's party."

"Thanks Gwen. Really..."

Gwen nods with a big smile on her face. She actually wasn't as hurt as she wanted to be. She knew that Mila really liked him as she thought back about it all the times Mila had told her about a guy she was into who wasn't into her. Gwen wanted to slap herself silly for not seeing that she was the problem. She was the obstacle in the way of the two of them.

"Go get her Spidey."

Peter chuckles and swings away on a web as Gwen watches him disappear.

...

Almost five minutes later, Peter finds himself at Flash's three story mansion. He walks inside, squeezing through the crowd of drunk dancing high schoolers. Seeing Cora, he makes his way over to her quickly.

"Cora! Where's Mila?"

Cora frowns confused as to why Peter Parker was actually at a party. Never had he been interested in going according to Mila. And second he hadn't been hanging out with Mila for weeks now. What could he possibly want?

"I don't know. What do you want from her anyways?"

Peter frowns as Cora glares at him, "I just want to apologize to her. Really."

Cora shrugs and looks away drinking from her red solo cup. Peter sighs and holds hands together in a pleading motion.

"Cora please. I really like her. I was just too stupid to realize my feelings for her until now."

Cora immediately grins.

...

Mila sits on a chair on the top patio as she stares at the stars in the black night sky. Blair had left her alone a couple minutes ago to dance with some cute boy who she first spotted when they arrived. Cora and Phillip were making out last she knew. And Flash had left her to flirt with some junior on the volleyball team.

She was truly and utterly lonely. She missed Peter... she really did. But she didn't know what else to do. She could only tell him that she was there for him so many times. Well that meant as a friend.

Now that her sister was going out with him she could never tell Peter her true feelings. She wouldn't betray Gwen like that.

"Why so glum?"

Mila frowns thinking she heard Peter. But there was absolutely no way that Peter Parker would be at a party. Flash's party at that.

She spins around and sees no one at the door then furrows her eyes brows in confusion.

"I must be going crazy."

"I'll say..."

Quickly turning again, Mila finally catches a glimpse of Peter. She frowns as he stands by the rail on the edge of the house. How did he get over there? How did she not see him? What was he doing here?

"Peter? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you..."

Mila crosses her arms glaring at him, "Oh so you're talking to me now?"

"Mila I'm sorry."

"I don't have time for this."

Mila stands up and starts to walk away.

"Mila please."

She freezes but doesn't turn around. Peter wrings his hands together in nervousness.

"Mila I've been an idiot. An asshole. A jackass. A tool. Whatever you want to call me. I was it. I've been a horrible friend. And I'm sorry."

Peter frowns as she stays still with her back turned but continues on.

"Mila if I hurt you in any way. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Truly and honestly I'm an idiot. People say you never know what you have until it's gone and now I know it's true. I've missed you so much. I wish I would've told you what was wrong before. Because maybe things would be different now."

Mila spins around with fury in her eyes, "But whatever it is you must've told Gwen. You've been with her ever since. I know you guys are dating and I don't care anymore-"

"Anymore?"

Mila freezes as she realizes what she said. She looks at Peter who is staring at her with hopeful eyes.

"I j-just... yes anymore."

"We broke up."

Mila stares at Peter in shock. Peter notices the gleam of possibility flash through her eyes before it vanishes immediately.

"Oh well I'm so sorry... I'm just hurt that you couldn't even tell me... I'm your best friend Peter."

Peter sighs, "I know and I realize now how much it probably hurt you. Mila I didn't mean to do that to you. Please forgive me."

Mila shakes her head with tears forming in her eyes, "Peter I can't. You still haven't told me what's up with you. You've been walking around with bruises and cuts. You're different. Your attitude is different, everything is different. I don't even know you anymore."

Mila goes to turn again but stops when Peter talks again, "Yes you do. Mila you really do. You know me better than I know myself. You know my favorite food, you know I like to drink a warm glass of milk before I go to sleep, you know I knot my shoe laces two times, you know my favorite color, you know when I'm sad, happy, mad, even hungry for goodness sake. Mila you're my best friend. You mean everything to me."

"Then why keep me out of the loop. Why keep secrets?"

Peter groans rubbing his hands down his face. It was so easy to tell Gwen. But now that he thought about it, it was easy because he really didn't care if he lost her. If he told Mila and if she was upset, that was it. She would hate him forever and never speak to him again. And that scared him to no end.

"To keep you safe."

"Keep me safe?"

"Yes."

"From what?"

"From... from bad guys."

Mila frowns, "Bad guys? Peter... What the hell are you talking about?"

"I just- I can't explain it. But you remember that day we went to the Oscorp lab... and we got stuck in the room full of spiders. Well that same day I got bit by a spider and got these powers-"

"Peter did you hit your head on your way here?"

Peter sighs, "No just listen I'm not crazy."

Mila shrugs, "My dad thinks you are... Now I'm starting to believe him..."

Mila turns around and starts walking to the door. Peter curses and holds out his hand making a web shoot out and attach to her waist. He pulls the web making her fly back to him. She gasps as Peter holds onto her tightly. She looks down at the webbing attached to her skirt and stares with wide eyes.

"You..."

"Uh huh."

"And when I fell-"

"Yes..."

"That was you..."

"Yep..."

"So when I kissed him..."

"Also me..."

"Ohhh... So you have..."

"Always been there..."

Mila catches Peter's intense gaze. Before either of them can say another word, they both lean close and kiss. Mila moans as Peter's hand moves to the back of her head. She grips onto his t shirt pulling him closer. Their lips move easily against one another. Their lips were like puzzles pieces, they just fit. It was as if they were made for one another.

Mila smiles as she feels sparks and Peter pulls her closer. Mila continues to kiss her best friend praying this wasn't a dream. This was definitely not what she had dreamed it would be like... it was so much better.

"Rory..."

Peter mumbles against Mila's lips.

"Mhmm."

"I really like you..."

Mila pulls away from the kiss and looks at Peter with tearful eyes.

"You do?"

She had waited for this for so long. She had always dreamed about it over and over again. When Peter came to dinner with her family for Gwen, she had finally given up on trying to show him she was interested. But now standing in front of her, she can't help but imagine if Peter didn't have the guts to tell her his feelings then they would still not be talking.

"Yeah I really do."

"I like you too. A lot... I have since like eighth grade."

Peter smiles as those words leave Mila's lips. Never in a million years did he think someone like Mila, his best friend Mila Rory, would ever be into him. Never did he think she would be kissing him. Never did he think she would like him. All this time he was wrong.

Peter pulls Mila back into his arms and kisses her once again. Cora, Blair, Phillip, and Flash all smile as they look through the glass window at the two.

"Finally." Flash nods with a smirk.

"I know it's about time!" Phillip replies as the two fist pump.

"Oh let's go you idiots. Enough watching." Blair pulls the boys ears making them move away from the window.

"But I like watching."

Cora giggles as Blair pulls the boys out the room. She looks back at the two lovebirds as they continue to have their moment. She sighs with a huge smile on her face.

Finally.

𝑌𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑!!! 𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑑𝑜 𝑤𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡?

𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑥𝑐𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟? 𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.7K 43
Since the Blip, Clara Wilson's parents have had to endlessly travel for work, Clara jumping from school to school. The most recent place they've foun...
15.5K 645 51
A Peter Parker love story. A book in my trilogy series of Peter Parker love stories from each universe! Be sure to check out The Amazing Spider-Woman...
83.9K 3.5K 53
Y/N feels like the only person in the world who hates superheroes. Tony Stark is possibly her least favourite person in the world, especially since h...
3.1K 140 38
Ali wasn't expecting much when she crashed a party with her best friend, Jayna. She wasn't expecting Tom Holland -- with his twinkling brown eyes, ir...