The Reject

By FlyingAUnicorn

"Home, he felt like home." Willow Greene was 'Rejected' by the most popular guy in school, Hunter Reed, who w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Seventeen More Days, Or Not.
Chapter 2: The New Tenant.
Chapter 3: When The Night Falls.
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Encounter.
Chapter 5: Welcome to Onyxscar.
Chapter 6: Who Are You Trying To Fool?
Chapter 7: The Prince.
Chapter 8: The Breath Of Life.
Chapter 9: The Night Wolf.
Chapter 10: Doctor Rowan To The Rescue.
Chapter 11: If Not Mates Then What?
Chapter 12: Party Panda.
Chapter 13: Jealousy.
Chapter 14: Because You Exist.
Chapter 15: The Night Is Still Young.
Chapter 16: Girlfriend?
Chapter 17: The Attack.
Chapter 18: The Theories.
Chapter 19: Red Alert! Rowan's Gone Crazy!
Chapter 20: Mine.
Chapter 21: Soulmates.
Chapter 22: 'Sole'mate.
Chapter 23: Willow's New Jam.
Chapter 24: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part I)
Chapter 25: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part II)
Chapter 26: Back To School Yay...Sob Sob.
Chapter 27: The Kiss.
Chapter 28: The Alpha.
Chapter 29: Insecurities.
Chapter 30: Prince Rowan's Harem.
Chapter 31: Lark.
Chapter 32: She's Dead.
Chapter 33: #FML.
Chapter 35: Suspicions.
Chapter 36: Kidnapped!
Chapter 37: Willow's Secret Recipe.
Chapter 38: The Heavenly Tour.
Chapter 39: Meeting The Goddess.
Chapter 40: It Comes To Light.
Chapter 41: The Moon's Mark.
Chapter 42: Where's Rowan?
Chapter 43: Marked (Part I).
Chapter 44: Marked (Part II).
Chapter 45: Marked (Part III).
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter I.

Chapter 34: How To Earn Money The Quickest.

12.4K 643 211
By FlyingAUnicorn

Willow ignored the incoming call and shut her eyes tightly, this had her hoping so badly that she was an ostrich and that she could just bury her head in the ground and everything would be fine, and ostriches were also super cute to boot that. Ignorance is bliss.

Knowing that she won't be turning into an ostrich anytime soon, Willow stepped from behind the shelf with a nervous grin.

"Don't mind me." Willow grinned, but her heartbeat was competing it's speed with lightning. "I kind of turn deaf around this time of the day so I didn't hear anything. Good day!"

Willow made a beeline towards the door, her only goal was getting the hell out of that supply room with the flattened basketball.

"Wait." Said Hunter. Nope, he wasn't talking to her.

So, Willow ignored him and continued walking towards the door. Why did the way to the door seem so long?

"Willow." Said Hunter. Ah she was done for!

"I swear I didn't hear hear anything!"

Willows phone went off the moment she completed her sentence. Willow looked down to see that it was Lark calling again. She had never liked Lark as much as she did in that moment, but then she remembered that it was Lark who called her in the first place, only for her to be caught red handed.

"I've to answer this call, it's very important." Willow excused herself.

"Triple, get out." Said Hunter.

"Hunter!" Yelled Triple. "Remember that she might've been your mate, but I'm your mate now."

Triple glared at Willow, before walking out of the supply closet. Were it a month back, Willow would have been curious as to who this 'She' was, but now she could care less about the drama revolving around their life. Now all she wanted to do was stay away from the drama unfolding right in front of her.

"Please I have to answer this call, so excuse me." Said Willow, wanting to get out of the room.

"Go ahead." Said Hunter, lazily leaning against the door, blocking her only way out.

Willow pursed her lips before turning away from Hunter to answer the call. Willow walked to the farthest corner, as far as Hunter as possible. "What is it?"

"Is that how you're going to talk to this Prince? I'll cut off your head!"

"I'm sorry your Highness, why would your Royal self call this humble servant?"

"That's more like it." Lark sounded satisfied. "I'm doing you a favour by spending your paper here, so send me some more."

"What? You want more money?" Willow's eyes widened.

"Yes. You should be glad that I'm even asking you for it."

"So, you called me to ask for more money?"

"Why do you make me sound like a beggar?" Lark said furiously.

Willow took a deep breath, trying her hardest not to snap at Lark. "The fastest way to earn money is by selling your kidney. So bye."

The moment Willow hung up, she regretted it, maybe if she continued talking then Hunter would probably grow impatient and leave her alone—well, the worst case scenario here was that Hunter would grow angrier at her and might even punch her twice as revenge.

"Looks like you are done with your important call."

"Oh? Yes." Willow grinned nervously. "But I have to go, my friend is in dire need of some cash, his mother just had a heart attack in the stomach—Ah I mean she's having an ulcer! Yes an ulcer in her stomach!"

Hunter, ignoring her ramble, he stared at her as if she hadn't even opened her mouth. "I know why you are doing this."

"What do you mean?" Said Willow, she wondered if he knew her reason for this, then why won't he be the bigger person here and let her go.

"You wanted my attention, now you have it."

Willow choked. "What?"

"You're probably hanging all around that vampire guy calling him your mate, just to catch my attention."

Willow stared at Hunter with her eyes wide. She was rendered speechless.

"Looking at how you are willing to take any measures to capture my attention, I'll give you a chance."

"I don't get you."

"What I mean is that I'm willing to give you a chance. Even though I won't be marking you, but I'll keep you by my side. That's the most I can do for you." Said Hunter.

"Wait—" Said Willow. "Why would I even do that? Why would I want to be by your side?"

"Because you're my mate." Said Hunter, as if he was saying that the earth is round.

"What?" Willow was so close to laughing at his face. She wondered if all those people who assumed that Hunter was her mate, also got to him. "And what makes you think that you are my mate?"

Hunter stared at her as if she was dumb. "Playing hard to get might be cute but remember that I gain nothing by having you as my lover."

"Lover?"

"Look, even though you are my mate, I can't mark you, nor can you be the Luna of my pack, nor will you bare me my heir because I want to keep my bloodline pure. And I don't think that you have it in you to be a Luna."

"I don't know how you came up with this," Willow sighed. "But I'm not your mate, nor do I want to bare your heir. I already have a mate, and I don't—

Hunter scoffed as he stared at her in mirth. "You must be kidding, at least if you were going to act out your play, you should have chosen someone who has come of age.

"As for that mark on your neck, it hasn't even been completed and would probably fade in a few days."

Fade in a few days?

"Why would my mark fade?" Willow frowned.

Hunter sighed, as if he couldn't believe that he was even having this conversation. "Like I said, because it's incomplete, if you were to completely mate with him, you would have to mark him too, now don't say that you weren't ready for it or some shit."

Willow's eyes widened what she learned that. "I have to mark him back?"

"Wow," Hunter narrowed his eyes. "Don't make me regret giving you this chance."

"What do you even mean by that?" Willow was growing angry, why was he asking her to be his mistress? Even if he asked her to be his mistress two months ago, she wouldn't agree to it!

"Are you sick in the head?"

"No," Willow rolled her eyes. "But you might be. Triple is clearly your mate, but here you are asking me to be your lover!"

"Triple might be my mate now, but you are my true mate."

"Yeah right!"

"Isn't that why you are doing this?" Said Hunter. "To rile me up so that I'll get jealous, but you might not know that I don't give into such thing as jealousy."

"I won't let you do this."

"Do what?"

"You've already ruined school for me last year," Willow glared at him. "I won't let you ruin my love life this year!"

Willow didn't care about the consequences of yelling at the cranky guy in front of her, all she wanted was to let out everything.

"Why are you even calling me your mate? You are not my mate! My mate is Rowan, who is a vampire and your mate is Triple and I have to get this ball to the gym or else the coach is going to whip my ass, so piss off!"

Willow marched forward ignoring the dumbfounded Hunter behind, Willow could guess that no one must have ever spoken to him in that manner.

Once she stepped out of the door, her mind was calming down, her body stopped exerting out adrenaline and what she had done just hit her.

Willow put the incident to the back of her mind and ran to the gym with the ball in one hand and the air pump in the other.

"Did you go to the factory to get the basket ball?" Said Coach Smith when Willow entered the gym.

Willow looked at the students playing basketball. She furrowed her brows. "I couldn't find the air pump, and when I did, I didn't know how to connect it to the ball. I'm sorry."

"Thankfully there was a ball lying the court, or else we would have had to wait for an eternity to get it."

Willow stared in disbelief at Coach Smith.

So she had to go through all that just for this outcome? Willow wanted to sob and bang her head. Even though she had been very confident confronting Hunter, but now that she thought back on it, she was sure that he would take revenge that too sevenfold.

Willow spent the rest of the day in a trance. At the end of the day, as she was going towards her car, she received a phone call from an unknown caller.

"Hello?" Willow answered the call.

"Hello, I'm calling from Life Care Hospital. Is this Miss Willow Greene?"

Willow grew rigid. "Yes?" She worried if something happened to her mother who had just returned from her trip a day back.

"Do you happen to know a Mr. Prince Lark?" Said the person on the other end.

Willow grew more worried now. What if Lark met with an accident while he was out? Even though Lark was very annoying at times and was very narcissistic, she didn't want anything to happen to him.

Willow heard a commotion on the other side.

"Right, Mr. Prince Lark of the See—see what? Oh, Seelie."

"Yes, yes. I know a prince Lark. Did something happen to him?"

"Well, he seemed to want to sell his kidney," Willow froze when she heard that. "Can you please come and pick him up?

"I'm sorry for the disturbance. I'll come to pick him up."

Willow quickly rushed to the hospital. Running up to Information Desk, she found Lark sucking in a lollipop and wearing a faux fur coat on top of the 'plain' tee that Willow had made him wear.

"I'm so sorry I'll take him away. He kind of hit his head when he was five, ever since then he goes around telling that he's a Prince." Willow told the person behind the counter even before she could ask about him.

"I'm sorry, to hear that." Said Mona, as her name tag read.

"There are times when I feel so sad for him." Willow began her sob story. "Of what he could have been had he not fallen down the stairs. With his face he could have done wonders to this world, but now that he's in this stage."

Lark, who noticed her came over. "It's you! Did you not tell me to—"

"Lark!" Willow yelled before he could complete his sentence. "Apologize to her for causing disturbance."

Lark grew furious. "Why should I, the prince of Seelie apologize to a—"

"Apologize Lark. Or else I won't be making you any sandwiches."

Lark glared at her, unwilling to do that before he stiffly turned towards Mona. "I'm sorry."

As if wronged, Lark humphed before walking.

"Good day." Said Mona.

"You too." Willow gave an apologetic smile and chased Lark.

Once getting in her car. Willow quietly started the car and drove in silence.

"Why are you mad? I should be the one who's mad!"

"That was sarcasm dumbhead! You can't just go and sell your kidney, that's illegal! If I tell you to jump off a building or to hand all your jewels to me, will you also do that?"

"What did you call me?" Yelled Lark. "How dare you call me that?"

Was that the part he should be focusing on?

Willow sighed. "Forget it, it's my fault!"

Lark scoffed. "And here you are trying to blame it all on me! Thankfully I'm not dumb, or else I would have surelybeen blamed for everything."

Willow was left speechless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 90.4K 48
#1 in Luna 11.16.2018 #1 in Romantic 3.7.2019 #1 in Suspense 4.8.2019 {Completed} Summary: Charlotte Woods finds herself in a life or death situation...
57.3K 1.7K 37
"It's torture every time you look at me." "You will be fine." "Oh, baby. I hope I will be or I'll have to come back and haunt your fine ass. Then you...
14.8K 724 25
Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able to match her power... or so she thought...
202K 8.3K 25
After her world is absolutely shattered by a tragedy that left her broken and alone Willow went in search for what she was missing. She followed her...