The King's goddess

By dharniellagurl

Danger Truth Betrayal An uncovering of secrets ~~~~~ "You know we shouldn't be doing this " "Shhhh. It will b... More

B L U R P
C H A P T E R O N E
CASTS
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R E I G H T B
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
I N F O R M A T I O N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
~ FROM AUTHOR ~
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
JUST ME
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-O N E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R.
T W E N T Y - F I V E
MUST READ

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

51 13 44
By dharniellagurl

"Now shall we?"

I GULPED UNINTENTIONALLY  and looked anywhere but his eyes. His booted shoes walked across the room and sat down beside me on the bed. We weren't touching but the distance between us wasn't much either. The hairs on my body stood up in anticipation.

"I am aware you have remembered somethings in the past but that was the old me. A lot has happened over the years you've been away. I've moved on from that and the queen called it off" He sounded off and distant.

The blade of his small dagger winked at me as if telling me 'you've got this'. I wanted to say something but I couldn't utter a sound. This was all too much to take in at once and like Kellyn would say; never cry in front of the person who hurt you. It was safe to assume we both had serious pride issues.

Cold air gust through the agape window and I could feel my hair billowing behind me graciously. The gold hair dancing tentatively in the wind.

"Say something" Corey pleaded.

"There is nothing to say. If this is how it goes, so be it" I smell pride stinking all over the words I just said. I gathered my gown in my dainty hands and stood up. Neck up, shoulders high.

I was about to barricade my way out of the room angrily when he held me back. He clasped my arm firmly in one of his large palms. Contrary to what I thought earlier, his hands were rough and calloused, no doubt, from frequent practice. A violent wind tore through the open window and whistled into the room. Like a melody for lovers who were too proud and stubborn.

"You do not know me. You don't know what I am. It will be best to stay away from me." He said again and I looked down at the point where our skin connected. Bronzed skin against pale almost ashen skin. He had purple eye bags under his eyes which was more than enough proof that he hadn't been resting properly.

"How do you know that I won't accept you. You have always been stupidly selfless from the start, playing the part of some tragic hero" I seethed and he chuckled.

"It's for your protection this time around. You are too valuable for what you want to get yourself into. If I do need an heir, Raekav will do"

Hot anger seared within me and I felt my palms getting hot while his felt cold to the touch. Water and fire.

"We have a blood bond. Certainly you can't ignore that" I quipped.

"For now, we are normal people. Strangers. Let us focus on getting to Fae first and all will be explained to you" He sighed. I weighed my options thoughtfully becore deciding to agree with a nod.

Whoever knew what my mom had in store for us?

She had always been a secretive one, strong and determined too. She knew too much.

"How is Cal? I honestly don't know what happened to me then. I remember feeling angry and frustrated and soon after that, all I could see was red. Hot rage" I guiltily explained, looking down at my bare feet.

"Ah yes! Calivie is doing quite fine judging on the situation you left him in. His heart wasn't pierced so by now, he should have begun regenerating. I know what happened. You just experienced your awakening for the first time. You should read about it I'm sure Cali would understand just fine"

"Do you think he'll ever forgive me?"

"Of course" Rey smiled slightly at me and I got lost in his deep blue eyes. Then it turned to a crimson red and I stumbled back in shock.

"What was that?" I wanted to ask but the sudden tilt of the ship to the right side left me speechless for a while. It wasn't long before we heard panic outside  the room.

"We are doomed! The sea monster has come to kill us" Willy, one of the puny men screamed fearfully. I could already imagine his bony little legs running around and his two rabbit like teeth peeking out ever so slightly from under his upper lip.

I preferred to call him puny rabbit.

Corey jumped into action almost immediately, storming out of the room in a windy rush. I stood up to my feet and rushed out after him.

The crew was in full panic mode by the time we got on deck. True to Willy's words, this was infact a very huge sea monster. It looked like a huge snake except it had three heads and one of its heads was bigger than the ship. It's body towered over our ship and even I felt intimidated by its size.

I cowered behind Corey who was thoughtfully analysing the situation with his electric blue eyes. It opened its mouths and a deafening roar came out from it. The sound was in every way revolting as it scraped my eardrums and killed the little ounce of courage I had left. Corey lunged towards it skillfully dodging the huge balls of spittle it threw at him. With a flick of his wrist, a huge wave rose up and slammed against the monster full force. It wailed angrily  before spitting out huge globs of a slimy substance.

Corey attempted to dodge them but one landed on his arm and we watched dreadfully as his arm started to melt. He screamed in agony and my heart lurched in pain. Kadja cast a protective orb around us and Calvin watched intently, helping her in the little way he could. The monster was outside the orb and kept on wailing angrily. Its slimy body hit the ship forcefully and I lost my balance. From my side view, I could see Raekav run towards Corey to heal him up and my eye twitched.

From where I stood, I could see the disdainful looks directed at me. Even Kellyn wouldn't look at me for a second. Calvin  ignored my existence completely and Kadja was just Kadja. Minding her own business as always.

I stubbornly stood up and walked out of the protective orb, coming face to face with the monster. My knees buckled when I took in it's ugly appearance. This creature should be a chief producer of spittle and slime. Such a disgusting sight indeed.

"Kira get away from there! You don't know what you're doing. Your powers are still locked" Corey warned

"You moron. What the hell happened to your brain cells this morning?" Kellyn asked angrily and relief flooded me.

At least she still cared.

"Leave the goddess be. I would step in if something happens to go wrong." This was Kadja. Her voice held wisdom and brought calm to the men "It is a gordon. Weapons like  our swords and daggers will never work. It regenerates fast and if we are to launch arrows at it, it will send them right back to us"

Once again, I sized it up before launching my attack. A ball of fire sizzled on my palm, crackling and hot. I hauled it towards the monster and watched as it burned through its slimy skin. The first thing I noticed was that it was too huge to dodge attack stealthily.

"I have an idea. How about I set the blades of your swords aflame and you all attack at once. I can't promise zero damage but I'm positive it can't  avoid all attacks. The goal is to put all your energy into that one slice. Rae I need you to save up your energy. There might be some minor casualties" I relayed my plan.

"It's worth a shot. I'm in" Oley said also stepping out of the protective orb and handing me his sword which I clumsily set ablaze. Others joined him too bringing their sharp swords before me.

"Make sure to cut off the head in the middle. It's the main point of the Gordon" Calvin informed. It's not bad having a nerd aboard.

"Once I create an opportunity, launch" I ordered them before hauling a huge ball of fire at the Gordon. True to my speculations, the beast wailed in pain, looking up at the sky. It's tail however came from the water and hit me square in the diaphragm sending me flying to the other side of the ship.

My lungs felt air deprived and I struggled to breath. My breathe came in little gasps  but the attack was going according to plan. The men lunged at the gordon with their swords held high. Slashing its slimy skin angrily like babaric men.

Soon enough, it began to fall back into the water but it's middle head wasn't yet cut off. It roared angrily, a promise of the revenge it would surely bestow on us. It's green blood seeped hurriedly from its injuries but it would regenerate soon.

And come back for us.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kellyn rushing towards the gordon. With speed beyond what I could comprehend, her elongated fingers tore into it's neck and sent it's  middle head flying into the water.

She looked angry and scary. Stealth like flash.

Now I'm certain I just met barry Allen.

Her eyes shone golden and her claws dripped green blood. Some of the blood also splattered on her face and arms. Kellyn was a gory sight to behold.

It was safe to say Kellyn my twin had just gone through her awakening.

The monster slammed into the water and our ship rocked back and forth. The men looked from me to Kellyn in wonder.

"Escalia really outdid herself with you two" Kadja smirked.

~~~
Hey
Double update haha
How do you like this?

Favourite part?

Vote
Comnent
Stay safe!!
Word count :1640.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 487 25
18+ Loosely based on Romeo and Juliet set in a magical fae world. Two powerful families have ruled over the the dark and light fae for thousands of y...
3M 69.7K 79
WATTY AWARD FINALIST - MOST POPULAR - PARANORMAL ROMANCE Awarded MOST READ 2013 achieving #1 ROMANCE, PARANORMAL, FANTASY, NON TEEN FICTION CHARTS. A...
424K 9.8K 31
β‡’ STORY BY : ❱ http:Λšβ™‘lvesaturn! ΛšΛ‘Ψ˜ :πŸ₯: ·˚ β‡’ COVER MADE BY : lvesaturnβ™‘ [ DO NOT REUSE OR USE FOR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ] ⇒𝓑𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰�...
556 106 8
Pain, Betrayal, Magic. These three things were embedded in Alara's fate, in the most agonizing way. But what she didn't anticipate was that her suff...