Savage (Fantasy! Bakugou x Re...

By SilentBlueHawk

After being chased from her home, (Y/n) is forced to embark on a journey to escape the ongoing war. On the wa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Q&A
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Hiatus Notice
I'm Back
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
What comes next?
The choice is yours

Chapter 21

7.2K 280 293
By SilentBlueHawk

The boat rocked as (Y/n) looked out over the bow of the ship.

It had been over a week since they had departed from the island, and ever since they left she began to realise how much she depended on the two boys she had left behind. Taking a deep breath she turned around and walked down to the deck.

Surprisingly, the crew had become a lot more comfortable around her and some had even engaged in full-blown conversations. Despite this, she hadn't gotten to know any of them personally, but it made her time on the ship a little nicer and distracted her from the thoughts of Bakugou that crossed her mind.

Ashido grinned at her as (Y/n) strode up to the helm, leaning her back against the railing, "How you feeling this morning? Slept any better?"

(Y/n) shrugged, drumming her fingers against the wood, "A little, I managed to get a few hours in at least." She pushed off from the railing, "How far before we reach The Bay?"

"Shouldn't be too far from here. We're not staying long, Sero just wants to pick up a few weapons from the market before we continue back to the mainland." Ashido returned, lazily leaning over the large wheel, "I think we should get you a better outfit too. Give you a little more flair, you know?"

"Flair?" (Y/n) chuckled, taking off her hat and messily running her hand through her hair, "Such as?"

"I dunno," The girl shrugged, scrunching her nose up in thought, "Just add something more... you." She flicked her hands in exaggeration, a broad smile on her lips, "Oh~ what about a headscarf?"

"We'll see." (Y/n) snorted, glancing around. "I actually wanted to see if I could get some sewing equipment and herbs before I get back to the mainland, for my journey back. Only the gods know what I'm going to come across out there. In fact, I think I would be best to get some weapons as well just in case. If it's true what they're saying, I don't want to encounter the league unprepared."

Ashido nodded, "We can get you a weapons belt as well, get you something to protect yourself and you'll probably be good to go."

Sero hopped up the stairs beside them to take over his turn on the helm so Ashido could get some much-needed rest, "Hey, what are you girls talking about?"

"Women stuff." Ashido responded matter-of-factly, "(Y/n) wants to join you shopping at the bay. It'll be nice having another set of hands, plus she needs some things."

Sero nodded, "Denki will take watch over the crew while I'm gone so you can get some sleep."

In response, Ashido stretched her arms above her head, "Don't let them get into too much trouble while I'm out. If I wake up and my ship is on fire again, I won't be too happy."

"Again?" (Y/n) laughed, her eyebrows raising in amusement.

"It's a long story," Sero replied, rubbing the back of his neck, "involving Kaminari and a whole lot of booze."

The said boy arrived moments later, sporting his long black cloak and a bright grin, "Hey, you can't blame all of that on me. If I remember correctly you're the one who dared me to do that shit."

"And this is where I take my leave." Ashido waved at them. giving them one last eye roll on the way to her cabin.

Kaminari's arm wrapped around (Y/n)'s playfully and he leaned his body weight, "You look dreadful as usual."

"Thanks," (Y/n) huffed sarcastically. Kaminari grinned down at her,

"Don't worry," He winked, "I still think you're hot, even if you won't love me."

"In your dreams, Denki." (Y/n) wrinkled her nose at him and flicked his forehead. He pouted at her and rubbed his forehead as he pulled away from her.

Kaminari placed his hands on his hips as a mass of land began to arise in the distance, "You'd better get ready. We'll be docking soon."

(Y/n) nodded and quickly ran down the stairs, to help rig the ropes as Sero called for half-sails. Much like the crew, she mimicked his words, wrapping the rope around her hands before pulling alongside the other men.

The Bay soon came into view and (Y/n) could see the masses of vessels surrounding it. Unlike at the docks back at the mainland, the ships were much larger here, many of them baring various adaptations of the pirates' skull and crossbones.

Once they raised the sails completely, one of the crew's men took the rope off her hands and tied it up as they floated slowly into position at the one the piers.

The crew soon got to work putting down the plank so that they could exit on and off the ship and tied the ship to the pier tightly. Sero walked up behind her, tieing a coin pouch to his waist.

"Ready?"

(Y/n) nodded and eagerly rolled on the balls of her feet, "Ready as ever."

Sero smiled at her, making his way to the plank leading down to the docks, "Remember, this place is crawling with pirates so stay as close to me as possible. They should do anything, but if one of them seems shady you tell me straight away and I'll deal with it, 'kay?"

"Yeah yeah." She huffed and followed him down. Her boots clicked against the wood of the peer as they made their way towards the bustling marketplace.

"Keep an eye out for any weapon stalls, shouldn't be too had to miss. This place is full of them."

Sure to his word, it didn't take long to find a vendor selling all different kinds of weaponry, ranging from daggers and swords, to crossbows and strange handheld devices that looks like small pistols.

Sero stared at them curiously, picking up a pair of silver bladed daggers and testing the balance with his finger. (Y/n) walked up beside him and ran her fingers over the various blades on the table.

"What do you recommend?" She stared up at the vendor, an older man with a scraggly beard.

"Aye, for a woman like you-" He pulled two, twin, ruby-encrusted daggers out and placed them down on the table. Leaning forward on his arm he motioned to them with the other, "Yer best getting summin' like these. Fast 'n' light."

She picked one up and examined it closely, "How much?" She lifted her eyes to look at the man, placing the daggers back down on the table.

"Twenty gold."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened drastically and she went to decline, however, Sero slammed the coin purse on the table and sifted through his money,

"We'll take them, along with these." He pushed two new cutlasses across the table as well as a rapier.

"Sero, that's far too much, I'll pick out something cheaper."

Sero ignored her and paid the stall owner before moving on, "Come on, the quicker we move the quicker we'll be able to leave." He said with a cheeky grin as he placed her new daggers in his belt alongside the swords.

Rolling her eyes, (Y/n) skipped next to him.

"You want more clothes right? What are you thinking of?"

(Y/n) shrugged, "Just something to accessorise. Mina said to 'add some flair'." Sero nodded, loosely hanging his arm over her shoulder as they walked.

"What about some jewellery? We could pierce your ears?" He smirked down at her as she wrinkled her nose.

"If you're talking about jewellery I'd rather not have anything too permanent, or painful."

"How about some rings or something? Maybe a necklace or two?" He suggested, a slight skip in his step.

(Y/n) thought about it and nodded, "That might be nice."

Sero had never really been one for shopping, but looking for things with (Y/n) felt quite fun. With Ashido it would have been a whole other story. (Y/n) grinned back at him, looking around at all of the stools.

They made their way over to a small shop in the centre of town. Walking in they were greeted with a mess of fabrics and clothing. (Y/n) pushed a silk scarf from her face that dangled down from the roof as they strode in.

Sero released his arm from her shoulder and started walking up to the counter, "Want me to ask for anything in particular?"

(Y/n) looked up at him as he stood by the counter waiting for someone to come out from the back of the shop, "Mina said to get a belt for weapons, and I need a sewing kit or something. I want to fix my satchel."

"Right, your mystery satchel." He smirked and wiggled his fingers as she gave in an unimpressed look. Surprisingly, they hadn't questioned it, wanting to stay away from the topic in general, knowing it probably had something to do with why she left; that was a touchy subject that they had particularly been avoiding with her.

"I need to fix the handle." She stated bluntly, shifting through the masses of clothing they had in there, "I know!" She suddenly brightened up, turning to face him, "I need to get some herbs and medicinal supplies, why don't you pick me out some clothes while I go look for them. Surprise me!"

Sero raised his eyebrows in thought, "You sure you want me to pick them out?"

"I trust you more than Denki." She snorted.

Sero chuckled and rooted through his coin purse, "Here," He said, holding out ten gold pieces, "Take these. I'll meet you in about fifteen minutes."

Nodding, she left the shop quickly and began to look for an apothecary stall. It didn't take long as she spotted one just across the road from the shop. She weaved through the masses of pirates and made her way over to the vendor, quickly picking out different items and potions to take back with her.

After gathering all her things, she paid the vendor, bundled them into her arms and turned around, only to knock into someone walking behind her. The boy she had run into grunted as he dropped the different scrolls and maps he was carrying.

"I'm so sorry!" (Y/n) quickly squeaked out, dropping down to help him pick them up. He moved his hands to bat her away.

"Forget it, it's fine." He grumbled before locking his purple eyes with her. He stared at her curiously for a moment as she insisted and began to help him pick up his maps again. This time, however, a hand was placed on her shoulder as Sero pulled her back a little bit.

The boy snapped his head away from (Y/n) to stare at the newcomer.

"Well well well," Another voice called from the side. A blonde boy strolled up behind the purple-haired boy (Y/n) had run into, a cocky look on his face. He tilted his head to the side, his unnecessarily large captain's hat tilting with it, "If it isn't one of my favourite losers."

"Monoma." Sero sighed out, obviously not in the mood to converse with this newcomer.

"Where's your little captain, the pink one? Still in charge, or has someone called mutiny and taken over the role she's not fit to be in." His blue eyes twinkled as taunted Sero.

"Mina is a greater captain then you'd ever be," Sero growled, pushing (Y/n) behind him slightly as he leaned towards the blonde. All the while, the other boy stood a little ways back, examining (Y/n) with a curious look in his tired eyes.

"Struck a nerve have I?" Monoma cackled, "Just goes to show just how pathetic your crew are compared to mine."

The boy behind him stepped forward and put a hand on Monoma's shoulder, "Neito, let's keep moving. We still need supplies." He told the captain in a deep, tired, gravelly voice as he pulled the boy back.

Reluctantly, the captain straightened out his red coat and gave Sero a pompous look - ignoring (Y/n) completely - before striding off.

The boy's purple eyes locked onto (Y/n) as he walked past, also stopping to give Sero a once over as well as he followed after Monoma.

"Was that-?"

"Neito Monoma, well, Captain Neito Monoma. He's bad news is what he is. We should get back to the ship." (Y/n) nodded and hoisted her supplies up a little and followed after Sero as they made their way back to the ship.

Kaminari was waiting for them when they arrived, anxiously tapping his finger on the wooden railing his golden eyes flicking around to look at everyone who walked past. As soon as his gaze landed on the two of them walking toward the ship, his whole body slumped in relief.

He greeted them as they walked up to the deck, running his hands through his hair like he was stressed, "Monoma's here; his ship arrive about ten minutes after you left. I haven't told Mina yet, but I was beginning to worry."

"We know." Sero announced, holding a bundle of red fabric under his left arm, "We bumped into them at the market. I wouldn't be surprised if they were tracking us here. Wouldn't be the first time they did something like that..." He mumbled out the last part, sighing in quiet frustration.

The crew began to get to work untying the ship from the docks as the three of them walked further onto the ship.

"We should tell Mina if they're that much of a problem." (Y/n) said, making her way to Ashido and her shared cabin. Kaminari nodded his head in agreement and opened the door so that they could walk inside.

Ashido mumbled under her breath as they walked in, groaning as her hammock swung from side to side,

"What?" She croaked out tiredly, stretching her arms above her head and flopping into a more comfortable position.

"We just got back from the market," Sero told her, placing the fabric down on the table. Something metallic clicked from within the bundle as he did so. "Monoma and his crew are here."

Ashido let out another groan, "Ugh, why are they here?"

As the boys stood in front of Ashido's hammock, (Y/n) moved over to her side of the cabin and plucked her satchel from the corner where she had left it.

She gently sorted her supplies inside the satchel so that nothing would break or get damaged while she was carrying it.

"Did they say anything in particular?" Ashido asked as Sero explained their encounter.

"Nothing out of the ordinary for Monoma, but knowing him, he's not here by coincidence."

Ashido's legs swung over the side of the hammock and she stood up, picking up her hat from the stand she placed it on.

"Denki, take over the helm and make sure everything is set to go again," Ashido ordered, flicking her wrist dismissively.

Kaminari groaned but complied, twisting on his heels and stalking back out the door.

"I think it's safe to say we're travelling straight for the mainland?" Sero asked Ashido as the captain moved to stand in front of a map sprawled out across her table. She nodded, putting on a giddy smile. Sero turned back to (Y/n), taking the fabric and handing it, as well as the new daggers, to her with a small smile.

"What did you get?" She asked curiously, looking up at him.

"Open it up and see." He smiled, motioning to the pile. (Y/n) stared back down at the fabric and began to unravel it. Within the pile, she found multiple pieces of jewellery, more than she was originally expecting, a needle and thread, and the belt Ashido had recommended that she got.

"Sero, how much did this cost?"

"A couple hundred gold." He told her bluntly, stretching his arms in the air and rolling on the balls of his feet.

"You're kidding, why did you spend that much on me?!" (Y/n) scolded, staring wide-eyed at him.

However, Sero just smirked, "Oh please we have more than enough, besides," He leaned down to whisper in her ear so that Ashido wouldn't hear, "I never said I bought all of it."

She slapped his chest, giving him a warning look. He just grinned at her and skipped out of the cabin after Kaminari.

(Y/n) just shook her head and sighed, turned back to the pile. She picked up one of the gold rings he had gifted to her and examined the beautiful piece before sliding it on her middle finger. Ashido looked over curiously and moved away from the map.

"What did you buy?"

(Y/n) smiled up at her, "I told Sero to surprise me," She wiggled her fingers at her, showing off the jewellery, "safe to say I was surprised." She chuckled in disbelief, "I don't think I've ever seen something so expensive, let alone touched or owned it."

"Enjoy it, (Y/n); you deserve it." Ashido bumped her shoulder playfully and held up the red fabric that had been holding the items, "Looks like he got you a sash." (Y/n) glanced up, furrowing her eyebrows, to which Ashido replied, "Goes around your waist." She motioned to her own greenish-blue one that hung loosely on her hip.

"Ah." (Y/n) hummed in acknowledgement taking the fabric from the pink girl's hands. She smiled sadly as she looked down at it, the colour reminding her of Bakugou.

Ashido noticed this and sat down beside her, placing her head on (Y/n)'s shoulder, "It's not too late to turn back." She whispered. (Y/n) sighed and leaned against Ashido,

"I want to keep going." She tried to keep her voice steady, "I want to do anything I can to stop the League, and the war isn't helping, so I'm going to do all I can to stop it and save both our people. Besides, I doubt he'd want to see me after what happened."

"I don't know," Ashido inhaled deeply, using her foot to gently swing the hammock back and forth, "He looked pretty distraught when he saw you leaving."

(Y/n) clutched the fabric in her hands, feeling the softness of the silk under her fingertips, "If you found out something about me; something that, if it was out about someone you didn't know too well, would make you angry, or not like that person anymore, would you hate me too?"

Ashido thought for a moment, narrowing her eyes in contemplation, "I guess it depends on what it is." She replied slowly, testing to see how (Y/n) would react. When the girl stayed silent, she asked, "Is this thing something you chose?"

(Y/n) shook her head, "No."

"Then I wouldn't hate you." She shrugged simply, "Is that what happened between you and Bakugou? Was there something you were hiding from him?"

"From everyone." (Y/n) let out a whimper, shutting her eyes. She was shocked when Ashido wrapped her arms around her, pulling her closer.

"Bakugou can be temperamental. He doesn't express his feeling well but give him some time and he'll get over it. If by the time we get to the mainland and you decide you want to turn back, I'll take you."

The girl wiped her eyes and smiled at Ashido, "Thank you, Mina."

"Hey, no problem!" The captain grinned, stepping up and walking towards the door, "I'd better make sure Denki isn't about to crash the ship."

"Hey, Mina..." (Y/n) stopped her before Ashido could touch the handle to the door, "I'm-" Swallowing hard, she took a breath, "I'm a witch."

Ashido paused, a small smile forming in the corner of her lips, "I know."

"You- you what?" (Y/n)'s eyes widened in shock.

Chucking sheepishly, Ashido rubbed the back of her neck, "I kinda snooped through your satchel the other day when you weren't in the cabin... I saw the book and figured out."

Silence overtook the room as the two girls stared at each other, until (Y/n) let out a laugh.

"Oh, my gods, Mina." She shook her head, slightly amused, "You knew all this time and didn't tell me?"

"What can I say?" Ashido opened the door to her cabin and strode outside, "I get curious, I can't help myself."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and tossed her pillow at her, a broad smile plastered on her face, "I can't believe you, get out of here." She said jokingly, relief washing over her body that she had finally come out to someone else.

Ashido gave her a warm lopsided smile, glad that (Y/n) wasn't mad at the fact she had invaded her privacy, "Hey, (Y/n). Just so you know, I won't tell anyone until you're ready, okay?"

Thankful tears welled up in the corners of (Y/n)'s eyes, "Thank you." She managed to croak out.

"Stop crying and put on your new things, I wanna see your full outfit in less than ten minutes, or I'm putting fish eyes in your food tonight!"

With that final comment, Ashido slammed the door shut.

Biting her lower lip to stop herself from smiling like a maniac, (Y/n) quickly put on the rings and necklaces Sero had gotten her, before wrapping the red sash around her waist, and then finally the weapons belt. Taking a deep breath, she looked down to make sure everything was in place when a thought hit her.

(Y/n) turned around to her satchel, flipping the latch and pulling out the dragon pin. She looped the chain of one of the necklaces through the small gap in the tiny metal sculpture, and let it hang loosely above her chest. Satisfied, she adjusted the hat on her head and left the cabin.

Upon walking out the door, she was treated with a wolf whistle from the one and only, Kaminari, "Damn, (Y/n)! You look good!" He smirked at her from across the deck as he wrapped some rope around his arm.

She rolled her eyes at him and scoffed, "Flattery will get you nowhere!" She called back to him, to which he just smirked ever wider,

"One can try!" Kaminari dangled the looped rope in front of him as if taunting her, "How about we head to my cabin and I show you some real flattery."

A bottle was thrown in his direction as Ashido launched it at him from up on the helm, "Denki Kaminari, if you don't stop this second, that bottle won't be the only thing you'll have to worry about dodging." She threatened, pointing her cutlass down at him as she kept her other hand onto the helm with her other hand. She leaned over the railing down at (Y/n), "You look amazing, (Y/n)! Like a real pirate now!" She cheered, making the girl blush bashfully as multiple pairs of eyes glanced at her from all over the deck.

Denki chuckled and threw his arm over the girl's shoulder, guiding her over to the bow, "You excited about going home?" She snorted humourlessly,

"Hardly." (Y/n) mumbled, placing her hands on both sides of the railing as she stared out across the ocean, "There are some things I've missed though." She told him, reminiscing back to her shop, and her time spent with the fae in the forest, "There was this baker back at my village that makes the best bread."

Kaminari nodded, "Well I can't wait to try it."

"Try it?" She narrowing her eyes in confusion, glancing over at him strangely.

"You don't seriously think I'm letting you go alone, do you?" Kaminari raised his eyebrow cockily, "Besides, I've always wanted to see snow."

"You're unbelievable." She laughed out, prodding him in the stomach before wrapping her arms around him, "Thanks, Denki."

"No problem, babe." He returned the hug, his tone soft and caring.

(Y/n) bit the insides of her lips, a new sense of excitement as well as an appreciation for the boy taking over.

She leaned back and inhaled the salty air, once again feeling hope for the journey ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 1.9K 21
As we all know, Katsuki Bakugou is known to have a hot temper, is cocky, and likes to destroy things. Y/N, a kind, quiet, and cheerful girl. They bot...
603K 18.2K 30
โ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘'๐‘  ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘š๐‘’.โž โ๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘Žโ„Ž, ๐‘– ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘–๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘ก.โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ^^ ๐€ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๏ฟฝ...
524K 17.2K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- ๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ. Y/n was born int...
7.5M 215K 84
y/n helps her best friend, todoroki, get with his crush, momo. only to result in something bigger than expected. Her love life starts getting a littl...