The Evil Beneath Us

By DarkFortresszn

To be unpublished soon and rewritten! Featured on @DarkFantasy's, @Dangerous Love's, @Ghost's, @Ya's, @Parano... More

1 | An Unforeseeable Suprise
2 | A Great Disappointment
3 | A Fatal Encounter
4|The Aftermath
5| Haunted Dreams
6 | Troubled Waters
7| New Beginnings
8 | Chaos Reigns
9 | This Place Is Death
10| The Confrontation
11|A Disastrous Outcome
12 | A Brutal Massacre
13 | All Hope Is Gone
14| Man On The Run
16| Vengeance Is Mine
17| When Darkness Falls
18 | A Distorted Reality
19| The Great Escape
20| The Long Walk To Freedom
21| The Honourable Stranger
22 | No Place To Run
23| Man On A Mission
24| Duplicity
25 | No Way Out
26 | Redemption
27| An Unexpected Visitor
28| Till Death Do Us Part
29| Bad Weather Condtions
30| In the Line Of Fire
31 | A Friend Till The End
32 | Face - Off
33| The Reunion
34| Hell On Earth
35| The Confession
36| A Perfect World
| Achievements | Aesthetics |
Playlist

15| The Point Of No Return

62 18 2
By DarkFortresszn

It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence and solitude.
- H.P.Lovecraft

"Why are you answering my wife's phone?! Answer me you son of a bitch, where is my wife?!"

Derek was screaming so loudly, he was certain the neighbourhood could hear him.

There was an unsettling long lull of silence, before he heard the sound of the phone been violently slammed down on his ear.

"That motherfucker hung up on me..."Derek seethed to himself furiously.

He could feel the rage building up inside him.

He felt his legs begin to tremble, involuntary, his head began to spin; he wanted nothing more than to kill this son of a bitch for trying to steal his wife from him.

After taking my job, and now he's trying to make moves on my wife.

The audacity; the outrage...Derek thought through angry clenched teeth.

Suddenly everything seemed minuscule to him all he could see is getting his revenge; he was going to kill this man tonight and nothing or nobody would be able to stop him, only this time it was going to be no accident.

He bolted to the Jack Daniels, and tucked it under his T-shirt his hands were trembling, he felt as if he had no control of them anymore; as if he had been driven by some demonic force that he had no power over.

He knew he had to to get out of here, there was no way in hell he could wait here until dawn.

His eyes anxiously scanned the kitchen, he was looking for the sharpest knife he could find, an axe would have been suffice.

He knew the only place the old man would have kept an axe was in the tool shed.

Just as he was about to steer to the back door of the kitchen, he felt something cold brush up against his skin, forcing him to a slow and unsteady halt.

He turned around and saw that bitch standing in front of him, he could see from the vicinity of where he was standing that, she had a twisted smirk on her lips.

"Soon you will be mine!" She grinned evilly.

But Derek refused to listen to another word of this demented bitch's ramblings.

She isn't real... Derek told himself
She isn't real...she isn't-

"You can't run from me much longer!" She assured him overpowering his thoughts.

"I'm coming for you!"

Derek grabbed his head with both of his hands screaming as loudly as he could, carelessly dropping the bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor, he flinched at the sound of the bottle glass smashing to his feet.

He stood there, as if he were having an out of body experience, watching the whiskey pouring across the floor like a neverending stream.

When he looked at his reflection in it all he could see was that hideous woman's face and nothing else.

She was everywhere, and now she was in my mind too. Derek thought biting his lower lip. He could feel his sanity slowly been chipped away from him.

" Son is everything okay?" I heard you screaming." The old man asked entering the kitchen. He recoiled back with horror, when he saw Derek standing in the middle of the kitchen floor; just standing there not uttering a word. The old man looked at Derek, thinking how different this young man looked right now.

Derek knew he had to leave, these people were far too kind and honourable to be subjected to this kind of madness.

"Did you manage to get a hold of your wife?" The old man asked him.

"I have to go. He said hoarsely.

"I have to go and take care of something, once and for all."

Derek slowly staggered to the man he had a crazy look in his eyes, he knew after tonight nothing would ever be the same again.

"Do you need a lift?" The man asked Derek who was already making his way into the living room.

He couldn't bear to stay here a minute longer and encroach on their home, he knew their safety was at even more risk just having him here, but before he left he knew he had to take something with him and he wasn't leaving without it.

Derek caught sight of the old mans gun sitting on his living room wall.

He pictured blowing Davids brains out with it.

He then turned to the old man with a blank; emotionless expression on his face.

"Give me the gun..." He whispered darkly.

The old man looked at Derek, with a confused look on his face pretending as if he had misunderstood him for a second.

But Derek knew he heard him, he was just playing dumb.

Only when Derek attempted to push past the old man, did he drop the act.

"Please don't do anything foolish!" The old man pleaded with Derek, but it fell on deaf ears, he was in a daze, as if he couldn't hear him, his attention only focused on what was in front of him;he had his eyes on the prize.

He wasn't leaving without that gun and he wasn't taking no for an answer; it was either his way or the highway tonight.

"Give me the gun!" He said with a soft raspy threatening tone in his voice.

The man and his wife stood there terrified of Derek as if he were a mad man.

" I said give me the fucking gun and nobody gets hurt!"

He had no intentions of hurting these people but he realised the only way he could get his message across was to purposefully instil fear in them, even though he despised every minute of it.

He stood there, watching the old man, begin to tremble, reaching for his rifle, from what Derek could see, it had never been touched before, it was very much covered in thick layers of dust.

The old man turned around and handed the gun to Derek.

"Where are the bullets?"Derek asked noticing there were no cartridges in the rifle.

" They are in my room, I'd have to go and make sure though." The man answered him hesitantly.

He was just about to turn around and retreat to his bedroom but for some unusual reason, he decided to go back and rest his hands on Derek's shoulders.

"I don't know what has gotten you so angry, " He said.

"But sometimes anger can blind you and make you do unspeakable things, that can land you in some severe consequences.Y ou seem like a decent man," the old man concluded.

" I can see just by looking into your eyes, that you have kind eyes." the old man said to Derek.

" Please don't do something tonight
That you will live to regret for the rest of your life. Whatever, demons you are fighting inside, don't let them get the better of you tonight." He pleaded with Derek.

He knew what the old man was saying was true, but he also knew he just couldn't sit here and do nothing whilst that scumbag was over there busy making advances on his woman.

Mel and Holly are all I have...Derek thought.

They all I have in this Godforsaken world and I am going to be damned If I am going to sit here a minute longer and let this carry-on.

I have already lost everything what more did I have to lose? He asked himself.

The old man was kind enough to give him a lift to Melissa's parent's house, in his wife's car, Derek sat there silent in the passenger seat, speechless refusing to say a word.

He had the gun perched securely in between his legs; as if he were a soldier going into battle.

He couldn't stop himself from quivering he could hear the old man constantly asking Derek if he was okay, Derek kept nodding his head assuring him he was alright, even though he knew he was far from it.

Something dark had entered Derek, and he was terrified of what tonight was going to bring.

How could Mel do this to me? Derek thought bitterly.

After everything we have been through together, how could she just
throw me away, for that creep over some stupid fucking misunderstanding? He thought to himself furiously. Did I really mean so little to her?

He pulled the window closed, feeling a cold surge of air stab at his skin.

He knew that bitch was near, he could feel her cold insidious eyes watching him.

He had to get away from this old man, his safety was in great danger, that bitch would have killed him in a heartbeat, just to mess with his head further.

He could see Edwards house, on the horizon and promptly asked the man to stop the car.

The house was about two kilometres away, Derek had decided to walk from here.

Just as he was about to hoist himself out the car, he stopped and slowly turned to the old man, and placed his hands in his.

Derek looked at the gun and wondered how it ever got to this point.

"Thank you for your hospitality, I will never forget the kindness you and your wife have shown me." Derek stammered.

"We can always turn back. the old man insisted. "You don't have to do this!"

Derek wished he could have adhered to the old man's words, but he couldn't see past the rage and fury that was consuming him at this moment.

He jumped out the car and watched the car descend off into the darkness, he knew tonight was going be a long night.

He watched the old man steer off to the road leading to the police station he knew he was not going to let him do this but he didn't care, nothing was going to stop him tonight, not even the police.

"Vengeance will be mine..." He breathed to himself before silently retreating off into the shadows.

In the process of being edited and rewritten.

Total word count:1700

If you liked this chapter of the evil beneath us, please don't forget to vote and comment! Chapter 13 will be up soon, so stay tuned! it's going to be action-packed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 1.2K 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist Astrid, the Princess of Eurovea, a country existing several centuries in the future, had led a happy and sheltered life in the ca...
Blend By Ann

Paranormal

85K 13.6K 52
✨A WATTYS 2022 PARANORMAL & "BEST CHARACTERS" WINNER✨ A college basketball star risks everything to prove his innocence with a girl who can communica...
32.4K 1.4K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
49.3K 1.7K 31
[The Wattys 2022 Shortlisted] "There's nothing to be afraid of in Santa Carla." "Nothing to be afraid of? Oh sweetheart. There's always something to...