Pokemon: Midnight's Story (A...

By Truly_Merciless

This is a story about a sarcastic, introverted (and slightly battle-hungry) Zorua named Midnight, who meets a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Apologies
Chapter 18
More Apologies
Chapter 19
P.S.
Chapter 20
Deepest Apologies
Chapter 21
It's been a while, huh..?
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 7

72 3 2
By Truly_Merciless

After walking for awhile, we made it to the top of a hill, where Star then said, "There it is!"

I looked where she was looking, and saw the school. It was HUGE. There was one big hall in the middle, and complexes all around. And then, I saw a few battlefields on the outskirts of the school. I. Got. EXCITED.
"Welcome to Sunrise Pokemon School, Midnight!" Star said, giving me a friendly nudge.
"We need to get there. Now," I replied back, with dead seriousness. Without knowing, I started to run down the hill towards the school. And, if Star got left behind, she would just have to catch up. I NEEDED to get to those battlefields.

It was a long run, with my short legs, but I eventually made it. And the school was WAY bigger up close. And the battlefields looked fresh and dusted. Now, all I needed was someone to battle against.
"M...Midnight! Wait...up!" Star called, finally catching up to me, gasping for breath. "Y-you can't just run off.. like that!"
"Sorry, Star. But, uh, I saw battlefield. I ran," I said, in a sheepish way.
"Well, please don't do it again so suddenly," she sighed. "At least let me know next time. I bet I can beat you," she said, a mischievous smile spreading across her face.
"Bet."
"Bet!"

Before we could gamble anymore, all of a sudden, someone shouted out, "STAR!" Star and I turned around in question, and saw two Pokemon coming over. Instinctively, I lowered my ears and sharply observed them cautiously, but Star just squealed for joy, and ran towards them.
As they got closer, I observed that one was a Floette, the Single Bloom Pokemon, a Fairy type, and the other one was... a WHITE Vulpix? Vulpix are usually reddish brown, but this one was completely white, and a bit fluffier. Was this a shiny Vulpix?
"Midnight, meet Flora the Floette, and Angel the Vulpix!" Star introduced. "Flora, Angel, meet Midnight the Zorua!"
"H-hi..," I said, feeling a little crestfallen. For some reason, I never thought that Star probably had other friends than me. I shouldn't have been surprised though.
"Hi!" Flora greeted, grabbing my paw suddenly to shake it. I almost jumped. On her probably.
"It's nice to meet you," Angel said quietly, slowly extending her paw. I shook it still cautiously, but with a lot more ease. I could tell she was shy, and I had no problem with that at all. Pokemon that were shy weren't always trying to bother me, or get to know me.
"Why is your fur white?" I asked. Annd, here I go again with the sudden questions.
"What do you mean..?" she asked, frowning a little.
"Well, Vulpix I've seen have reddish-brown fur. So, does that make you a shiny Pokemon or..?" I really felt like biting my tongue so I could just shut up.
"Oh, well, um, I'm actually not a shiny..," she answered.
What?
"I'm actually a regional variant Vulpix. I have a much different genetic makeup than other Vulpix, because of where I was born."
WHAT?
"And, if you're wondering, that means I'm also not a Fire type like other Vulpix. I'm actually an Ice type."
WHAAAT?!
"I-I'll tell you more about it.. later..," she said, shrinking back a bit. I then noticed that I was staring at her weirdly.
"Oh, sorry. I just got a little confused. But, not gonna lie, that's actually pretty cool," I replied.
"Th-thank you..," she said quietly, turning her head away, and I thought I actually saw her blush.
"So, shall we, you guys?" Star said, motioning to the front doors.
"Heck yeah!" Flora exclaimed.
"Yes," Angel and I both said quietly.
"Hehe, this is going to be the best year of school ever. I can feel it," Star stated, smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319 6 17
[If you want to read what the original summary was, it's at the bottom of this] A girl wakes up, finding herself in the body of an Eevee and having b...
31.7K 603 10
You had moved from Alola to Paldea a few years ago and you have built up quite a reputation. You were always arrogant and a major delinquent. You wer...
14.7K 501 68
[--Under editing--] The world is vast. Meet Oliver and Jacob, two Pokémon living in a universe where humans no longer exist. When Jacob, an excitable...
3.9K 93 22
Kat, now a Top Coordinator as well as a Champion is about to set sail for the vast Unova region full of new pokemon she has never seen before, but sh...