Winter Bloom

By _chanceuxx_

❝ annyeonghaseyo jeoneun Bangtan Sonyeondan hwanggeum maknae Jeon Jung-erm sorry, Aria imnida. ❞ I mentally f... More

Chap 01
Chap 02
Chap 03
Chap 05
Chap 06
Character aesthetics
Chap 07
Chap 08
Chap 09
Chap 10
Chap 11
Chap 12
Chap 13
Chap 14
Chap 15
Author's note

Chap 04

81 25 16
By _chanceuxx_

Our dinner was oddly quiet. It seemed weird as me and my family always had something to say.

"Aria, you recall the shopping plan with In ha, right?" Mum broke the silence.

"Yes..?" I replied, reaching for the salt shaker.

"Good, because you're going. Tomorrow."

"But mum--." I objected.

"No buts Aria. You're definitely going." Mom declared with a glare, slowly knitting her eyebrows together.

"Looks like someone's gonna have fun."

Both the twins sang at the same time.

I have a conspiracy theory to present here: My brothers are aliens who think they're humans and own stupid twin telepathy.

The next morning at exactly 9, the bell rang. Since we all knew who that was gonna be, I was 'forced' to go and open the door.

With the words "I am so not looking forward to this" scribbled on my forehead in invisible ink, I pushed back the door knob. In ho stood there like a time traveller stuck in the wrong time line behind a very bright Ji hun.

Ji hun waved and then asked if they could come in.

I nodded as I peeked further at the street with a hand horizontal over my eyes.

Ji hun chirped, "Don't worry, In ha will be here soon."

Mum came from the kitchen, obviously wanting to greet my 'best friend'.

As she was calling In ha.

"Hi boys, what a surprise!" Mum said, trying not to sound surprised.

"Uh.. well, Umma wanted us to come too because noona isn't good with directions. Hopefully you won't mind."

Ji hun said, scratching the back of his neck. In ho seemed to be blending in with the background.

"No no, it's completely fine." Mum assured.

"Thank you." Ji hun said, In ho staying silent this whole time.

"No problem. Actually, if you would like, the twins can go with you.

You know; just to keep you company." Mum said with her ever-caring smile.

"That would be great." Ji hun answered, nudging In Ho.

"Uhh!! Ye ye." In ho stated in the flatest tone possible.

-

-

After an hour of all of us getting ready and the twins whining not wanting to go, here we were. All six of us, wandering in the streets of the huge market.

"Let's just go home. We're tired." The twins said for the 42nd time today.

"What are you saying, we just arrived." In ha replied ecstatically. All the boys groaned.

In ha, as usual, had her pink outfit while me, being forced by my mum to dress 'girly' , had to put on my one and only pink hoodie with a pair of jeans.

(In ha's outfit)

(Aria's outfit)

The twins just had sweatpants and hoodies, going for the 'not-giving-an-eff' vibe; according to them. While Ji hun and In ho shared the same look except In ho had black pants instead of sweats.

The sky faded into darkness. In ho announced that we should head back.

"I still want to take you to that shop." In ha told me, ignoring the boys that were just irritating her at this point.

"Maybe next time." I said, trying not to sound mean.

*Yes I don't like to talk but I'm not mean. Those are two separate things.

"I just want some choccy biccy. (1)" Aaron said, pouting like a five year old.

"Me too." Aiden said, joining his brother.

"Boys." I rolled my eyes at their childish behaviour.

In ha just giggled while the twins high fived Ji hun.

"We need to go in there." In ha suddenly squealed at a shop's entrance, startling all of us.

"Enough In ha, let's go." In ho ordered.

"Just this once..it's the last one." In ha said, giving her brother the famous puppy eyes.

"Fine, whatever." In ho replied with a heavy heart.

"Yess." She said, giving her brother a lopsided grin.

She ran to the shop like a bat out of hell which was quite amusing.

We all were following behind when I got distracted by the big promo screens for SVT. (Congrats to carats for winning those by the way.)

I took out my phone to take a picture.

Someone pat me on the shoulder. I turned around.

A drunk guy scanned me from head to toe. I gulped and tried to back away but he grabbed my shoulder.

"And what would you be doing here?" The guy slurred with a grin, swinging back and forth.

I could feel my heart beating in my ears and I couldn't breathe. I tried to speak but nothing came out of my mouth.

"She's with me." A deep voice replied.

In ho stood with his arms crossed and the twins behind him.

"Uhm, I d-didn't know-w. " The guy stuttered.

I ran to my brothers, tears, swelling in my eyes. They both hugged me tightly and rubbed my back soothingly.

"You should know to stay close." In ho said, not showing any emotions in his tone.

-

At last, we all were near our neighbourhood. The boys carried all of the bags while me and In ha chatted about the school.

*I didn't mention that incident to In ha.

"Add us on facey (2) eh??" The twins reminded Ji hun just when we were parting ways.

"Sure." Ji hun replied and then they had their weird bro shake.

"I'll see you at school then." In ha said.

"Yes, of course." I replied with a smile.

*As much as I don't want to admit it, In ha is nice. She's social, unlike me but she knows how to act around me and doesn't push me to talk.

-

After coming back, we all talked about how the day went. The twins were just complaining how it was tiring but they had fun because of Ji hun.

"What about you Aria?" Mum inquired, obviously noticing how silent I was.

"I enjoyed, In ha isn't that bad herself." I answered.

"I'm glad to know you enjoyed honey. I'm sure you both will be best friends." Mum said, flashing me a smile.

"I hope." I answered silently.

-

Since I slept after coming back, I went to my room and grabbed a pen and my favourite bts notebook to complete my

poem.

........(continued)

~And even when I tried to explain

~Things just keep getting more insane

~It feels like there's something missing

~Like the last piece of a puzzle game

~And when I try to put it all together

~Then it's called life whatsoever

-

Finishing it up took me a good hour and I was getting sleepy. I started to watch a new drama and 2 hrs later, I dozed off.

----------

The rest of the two days went smoothly. Just me showing mum all of the stuff I bought and decorating my new room. I didn't tell mum about the incident and neither did the twins. I also pulled an all nighter on Saturday just to finish "High school love on" (3).

It was so pure and cute and not to forget the friendship they all had. I just wished my school would be like that too but I knew it was just a fantasy.

Going to bed on Sunday night I just hoped that my tomorrow would go as planned.

**************************

(1) Choccy biccy - Australian slang for chocolate biscuits

(2) Facey - slang for Facebook in Australia

(3) High school love on - Korean high school drama...it's a must if you're a kdrama addict (like me)

Here's the poster if you would like to check it out.

Pls vote
Share &
Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
818K 32.2K 43
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
968K 16.7K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
318K 6.9K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.