Iris: Child of prophecy

By obliviousstudent

Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She... More

Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter Nine
author's note
Chapter ten.
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty: Moon Goddess.
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty six
Chapter Twenty seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Chapter Twenty-nine.
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter Thirty two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four.
Chapter Thirty five.
Thirty seven: Witchcraft
Thirty eight.
Chapter Thirty-nine.
Chapter Forty.
Final authors note

Thirty-six.

1K 35 0
By obliviousstudent

After a long night of more torturing dreams of Malik and his past lovers, my eyes fluttered open slowly, adjusting to the bright light spilling in from the window. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up, and as usual, Malik was already long gone.

But I did not need to mind link him to know where he was. The pack mind link was alive and busy with chatter. It surprised me how much I even slept through it. Malik warned me at first I would hear everything, but eventually, I'll get a hang of how to control it. Plus, this was the first time I would be a part of a large group of voices. I had never been in a pack, a coven yes. But a pack member? Nope, so all new experiences.

I got up and trudged to the bathroom after taking a quick shower, pulling on sweats and a tank top. I slipped into some comfortable sneakers and left my room. The pack house was always lively and busy these days, well you can say it's my fault. I did destroy all their houses and forced them to move in. But come how can you have such a large house and have only the Alpha stay in it? How lonely and sad.

Different wolves said 'hi' or 'hello' or the most common 'morning Luna'. Some others just nodded. Talon, being one of them, was not surprising at all.

By the time I reached the kitchen, I was already tired from all the smiling and hand waving and was actually thankful for the wolves that just nodded. Talon is not included.

"Luna! Come join us," Naomi called out to me with a bowl in her hands. I smiled and went to sit on a stool by the large Island.

"So, what's up with the guys?" I asked, trying to understand the situation.

"They are getting some of our usual support systems for situations like this," my brows went up in question.

"I don't know what it is exactly," Avery shrugged. "Honestly, I didn't even think we had defenses against witches. I guess the benefits of having an Alpha that has lived so many lives."

Support systems? I don't know why that brought a sudden chill to my spine.

Hey. I mind-linked Malik.

You've been awake for a while. I take it you've heard something new that you want answers to?

Of course. And I take it you're slightly offended I didn't say something immediately I was up?

He growled. I smiled.

Are you still mad at me?

Depends. Are you ready to talk to me about your mates? I had another dream or rather, dreams. I know more names.

Iris. He growled in warning.

Fine! Fine, I'm not sure you have the right to be mad right now. But I'll let it go because I'd rather see your ugly face when we argue.

Ugly face? Come on, babe. You and I both know you can't look away from this ugly face.

I rolled my eyes, with all confidence now that I was aware he couldn't see me.

Whatever, the wolves said you were out getting support systems?

Yeah, a few things we have defending against magic, just some tools to ward off spells.

I'd like to see them.

Sure, I'll be back soon.

"Luna!" My eyes snapped up.

"Hmmm?"

"Are you eating bacon with your pancakes?" Naomi asked.

"Oh, don't worry about me. I'll eat when Malik gets back." I smiled.

"Or you could just go with the gals going to deliver the food while they're working." Madame Louise offered.

I nodded immediately, too eager to find out what things they had strong enough to ward off spells. The other wolves mistaking my intention gave me coy smiles, probably indicating a longing from a night of passion that never took place. Although I was slightly disappointed, I don't think I could let myself get distracted by all that was going on right now. Or so I thought.

************************************

After a little while, we gathered the food into picnic baskets and covered them with napkins. We set out immediately with a few of them behind carrying mats. So I assumed that it was actually going to be a picnic.

"Last night was really cool Luna," one of the she-wolves beside me chirped, smiling. I couldn't recognize her at all, so I assumed she was mated, since I could recognize the details of each wolf I fought in the pit.

"Thanks, it was only fitting I did that since I put you all in trouble." I gave her a questioning look, and she understood what I wanted to know.

"Oh, mind my manners Halley, my mate is working out there as well." I nodded.

"Nonsense." The wolf I almost fought earlier, who tried to stop me from carrying anything to the... well, wherever it was we were headed, exclaimed. "You are barely the reason. We've been at war with witches for longer than I could imagine." She continued.

I think her name was ugh... Finley?

I nodded. "Well, then, I'm glad I could help."

"You did more than help. You totally took control of the problem." Finley replied.

"I know, right? I was totally shocked the Alpha let her handle it. He seems absolutely possessive." Halley argued.

"Oh, he is," I scoffed, "but he didn't really have a choice, that and plus he's not the boss of me.

I heard some choruses of 'oohs' and looks of utter bewilderment. Gosh, was everyone in this pack totally afraid and reverent of my mate? Should I be?

Nah, it would only make him cockier than he already is, though am not sure if there can be more.

As soon as we reached what seemed to be an underground bunker, all the wolves looked at us with such longing in their eyes. Although I couldn't tell if it was because of the food or their mates, that is for the guys there. The ladies were clearly hungry.

But they wouldn't dare move until Malik gave them permission to stop. Where was he, anyway? I looked around for him when I spotted a familiar shade of red. So this is where she was, should have known Aria was such a feminist. She hated staying home and letting the men do all the hard work, well so did I, but she was much more involved with fighting for dominance, especially in this kind of situation.

I walked over to where she was, a little farther from the other wolves. Her back was turned to me and I wondered was she was doing. As soon as I walked past the tree she was poking out from behind, the mystery was dissolved. My mouth fell open as I watched her in a passionate dance with Absalom. Mind you, it was a dance of the tongues. At first, I was happy that they were getting along, but seeing the entire thing, I fought the urge not to gag. They were practically swallowing each other. I shut my eyes as I scrambled away, chanting 'oh my gosh' over and over as I walked away.

I turned to look back. They were still at it. Not break for to share a passionate look or for frigging air. What were they? Whales?

"Oof!" I gasped as I slammed into a core of abs, and judging by the tingling sensation filling up my body, I could only guess it was Malik.

"What have you so flustered?" he grinned down at me.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that our best friends are eating each other's faces right now," I sighed in exasperation.

I expected a reaction from him, maybe amusement or even nonchalance, but not the annoyance or rage slightly peaking.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Told them to get a truck here about thirty minutes ago. We need to get moving." He growled. "Where are they?"

I pressed my palm against his bare chest. Big surprise, he wasn't wearing any shirt, and he was unnaturally hot.

"Stop! Let them be. Goddess knows I have been racking my brain thinking of a way to get them together. And now? They're at it all on their own. This is the first thing that has worked out for me since I got here, so stop!" I scolded.

His brows furrowed. "What do you mean by the first thing? We literally got mated yesterday Luna," he made sure to spit out the last word.

And of course, the arrogant fool will hear only what he wants to hear and make everything about him.

"And that didn't backfire?" I questioned.

I could feel his rising anger, but I continued to bait him.

"So you mean finding me backfired? "

He growled, his eyes getting brighter.

"No, I said getting mated to you did," I snapped.

"Wait a minute, unless I'm missing something weren't you the one who insisted that we get mated as soon as possible?" He shook his head "because last I remembered you destroyed this pack!"

My jaw dropped. This arrogant fool!

"My mother! My mother destroyed this pack! And I got mated to you because I was protecting all of you from her!" I yelled at him.

"Oooh, Iris, the great and mighty martyr," he mocked.

"You are just impossible!" I stomped my foot down.

"Oh, and you're not. You're the one who said getting mated to me was a mistake. How the hell am I supposed to feel about that? Huh?"

"Hey, guys?!" I heard Absalom's voice from behind me.

"Not now!" We yelled in unison.

"Well, I'm sorry. I thought I was getting mated with the love of my life, the only person on this planet that could complete me. Guess my shock to learn that while this is my once in forever, he might as well be a prostitute of mates!" I was no longer making sense, but I knew I wasn't going to stop talking anytime soon.

I could tell Malik had had it with me when he flung me up on his shoulders and walked away. As usual, I squirmed and struggled but to no avail and I couldn't even use my usual tactic because this time I was facing forward. And no way in hell was I touching him there. How could I start something I was clearly not ready to finish?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 1.9K 63
Five hundred years ago, the Moon Goddess created the werewolves, as many other Gods had also created a race of their own. She gave them a gift...a fa...
1.3M 9.5K 11
Avery Williams - a regular pack member. Trent Denver - the alpha. They don't get along, her being too hard-headed and him believing whatever he says...
235K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
16.4K 513 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...