𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧�...

By soulsyncable

"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧' 𝐭𝐚 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
𝐀𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚
𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐇𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫
𝐇.𝐐
𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟
𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐲
𝐇𝐲𝐦𝐧𝐞 𝐀 𝐋'𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐲, 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞
𝐊𝐞𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐞
𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟏
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬
𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐬
𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐤
𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐀' 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐬
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐔𝐡-𝐎𝐡'𝐬
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐈𝐈
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
𝟒
𝐅𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐮𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞
𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐲
𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐝
𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐎𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐞
𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐑 𝟖
𝟏𝟖
𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝟕𝟓𝟎
𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐢
𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
𝐄 + 𝐇
𝐀 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝
𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐦
𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡
𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐈
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐡
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 & 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦
𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐠
𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬
𝐏𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝟒𝟒𝟒
𝐀𝐫𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐀𝐬𝐲𝐥𝐮𝐦
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐲
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐏𝐢ñ𝐚𝐭𝐚
𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐈
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞
$𝟕.𝟓𝟖
𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐝
𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝
𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭
𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐎𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐑𝐞𝐝
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬!
𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬: 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢
𝐍𝐮𝐧𝐲𝐚
𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐲
𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐀 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐬
𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧
𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐈
𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝐈𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦: 𝐌𝐫. 𝐉
𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨
𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭
𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞

𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤

5.5K 238 18
By soulsyncable

♢♦♢
IN THE INTENSIVE TREATMENT BUILDING, RIGHT UNFER THE SOLITARY CONFINEMENT CELLS. GOOD TIMES
♢♦♢

Half an hour has passed since Esme Cullen dropped off Harley Quinn at the Swan Residence. It's a Thursday. So Bella, Jacob and Esme's adopted children have to attend school today, leaving the homicidal maniac home alone. Harley decided to take advantage of her free time to take Bernie out for a walk. In her severely ill mind, she genuinely believes that walking the dead beaver will get him back in "shape."

Dressed in a red crop-top, jean shorts and black ankle boots, she casually drags her leashed beaver behind her. Massive sunglasses cover her light eyes from the shining sun as she strolls down a crowded sidewalk. People around them give her and Bernie curious looks.

Up ahead, a gigantic Rottweiler looks over at Bernie and immediately holds a protective stance. He growls and barks as he and his owner get closer and closer to Harley and her "pet." His owner, a middle-aged woman with red hair, uses all her strength to pull him away from the two. The two of them continue to walk down the sidewalk, while Bernie and Harley stop in front of a tall oak tree. On it, is a stapled piece of paper that reads:

HALY'S CIRCUS
PRESENTS:

TRAPEZE ARTISTS
LIVE ELEPHANTS
FORTUNE TELLERS
BEARDED LADIES
SWORD SWALLOWERS
CLOWNS
MAGIC
AND SO MUCH MORE!

In the bottom, in small letters, it says:

The Circus Is Coming To Town! Looking For Talent. Must Be Available The Day Of Hire. To Apply, Text "Natzi-Punks-Fuck-Off" at 678-978.

A circus, Harley excitedly thinks. One thing she loves, besides sex, money and clowns, is a good circus show. When she lived in Gotham, her and the Mad Hatter used to work in a widely known circus & amusement park named "The Boody Trap." He stuck to being the circus' surprising magician, while she worked as his helpful famulus. She'd also dance, do stunts, perform trapeze tricks and practice other acts, such as sword swallowing. Sometimes she'd swallow swords with flames as big as her. She did it all. And with her background as a gymnast, she was freaking good at it, too.

To put it short, those two gave everyone a run for their money.

Grinning from ear to ear, Harley snatches the poster from it's staples and drops Bernie's leash to the ground, excitedly grabbing her phone from her back pocket. All her chaotic mind can think of is what outfit she is going to wear and how Edward's promise stuck with her.

"My wishes are with you, Harleen. Things will be easier. I will make sure of it," Edward's words of faith and confidence rings in her head.

After texting the phone number and letting them know she will be coming in for an interview, she bends over and snatches Bernie off the ground. She leans in and plants a huge kiss on his cheek, heading back home with a spring in her step.

Back home, in the single bathroom, Harley stands in front of the bathroom's vanity mirror, getting ready for her job interview at the circus. Her pet beaver stands on top of the closed toilet seat, keeping her company. In nothing but a pink towel and her pink slippers, she dips a pink makeup sponge into a tin full of face powder. The harmful acids of Ace Chemical's bubbly substance had permanently made the Princess of Crime's skin an unnatural shade of pale. So she tries to cover this up with the power of make-up.

"No more spoofin,' no more goofin.' G'morning, Mrs. McGee. G'mornin', Ms. Brown." A song by the name of 'Back In School' rings inside the occupied bathroom, serving Harleen as entertainment.

".. Gee, had I only remembered whatta pain it was to put this crap on every time I went ta work," Harley says to herself, covering her face in the warm-toned powder.

"Why don'tcha try a spray tan, Fruitcakes," her pet beaver suggests from beside her. A blue 'Happy Birthday' party hat from Charlie's latest birthday sits on top of his small head.

"What? No way. I hear if you inhale the spray it makes you wacky in the head," she responds, now applying the makeup to her neck and chest.

"Oh, yeah.. We wouldn't want that," Bernie sarcastically remarks, speaking to her in her mind.

Harley leans over the mirrored cabinet to apply a heavy coat of mascara onto her eyelashes. Once she's finished, she closes the mascara bottle and continues to explain her reasoning for using makeup, instead of getting a semi-permanent spray tan. "Beside, if I tried that over my skin, I'd probably end up lookin' like a mango."

"There're worse things you could look like," Bernie responds, shrugging his fury shoulders.

Harley turns her body to face the charbroiled beaver and smiles, placing her hands on her waist. "Like a beaver that's been chewed up and regurgitated?"

"Now is that nice?"

Harley rolls her blue eyes and ignores his comment, moving to button up the white coat she stole from Bella's closet. "Well, it's all over, all over, back to work again," the music continues to ring as she stares at her reflection. She doesn't look like Harley Quinn anymore. No. She looks like her past self, Dr. Harleen Quinzel.

Her blonde, artificially dyed hair is tied up into a tight bun, hiding it's pink and blue colored tips. Her skin now has a beautiful tan to it, and her naturally beautiful face is covered in light makeup. Her body is hugged by clothes that are considered 'professional.' This includes a white coat, a pink blouse, low heels, and black work pants.

She looks like a regular person, not a homicidal maniac.

Harley releases a sigh and glances at Bernie, who stares at her with a small smile playing on his lips. "You look beautiful, Shortcake," he compliments her.

Giggling, his owner walks toward him and picks him up from the toilet seat.

"Uh, oh," he mutters under his breath.

Harley wraps her arms around his tiny body and smiles widely. "Thank you, mini Bernie Bash-y. Mama loves you sooo much," she exclaims. She pulls him away from her and stares into his brown eyes. "Okay. Remember what I told you. No opening the door to strangers, no friends allowed, and no parties! Whatsoever. My number's on the fridge, and there's some leftover food in the microwave for you, in case if you get hungry. Okay?"

Bernie simply stares at her. ".. Ya know I can't eat, right? .. Or use a phone."

The former psychiatrist ignores his comment, still smiling. "Alright, Bernie Baby. Momma will see ya later, alright? I gotta show to put on," she says as she walks out the bathroom and carries him down the stairs. "Don't be scared, okay? I won't take long." She gently sets him down on the couch and pokes his nose. "Bye, bye, Bernie Pervie!" She says her farewells and grabs her keys, heading out the door after she blows him a kiss. She whistles and waves at her cab driver, leaving her pet beaver home alone.

"I swear that girl is crazier than a sack o' rabid monkeys," Bernie says to himself.

The only company he has is the blaring radio. "... Feels like a century.. in the penitentiary. Here I come again. Bye - Bye good times.. Back to work again!"

Some time later, a beaming harlequin is seen inside a small, white and red tent. Judging the the small, wooden office desk in the center of the room and the queen-sized bed behind it, she is in a bedroom and an 'office.' In front of her, sits Haly's Circus' co-creator and ringmaster.

Mr. Haly is a balding, middle-aged man with bushy eyebrows and a kind smile. In nothing but shorts and a plain tank top, leans in, flipping through Harley's files. Mr. Harley looks up at her and quirks an eyebrow. "It says here you were," he reads off the second page, "a psychiatrist at an asylum in Gotham, New York." He looks at her. "Am I correct?"

Practically bouncing in her chair, Harley nods her head, wearing a large smile. "That's correct, Sir! I left though. That's all behind now. Ya know how it is, mixing work and pleasure never works out for the soft-hearted."

"Ah, you fell in love with your coworker?"

"A patient, actually."

The ringmaster forms an "o" shape with his lips and nods his head. "I see..," he hums and continues to look at her resumé. "Er, it also says here.. that you have been arrested.. twenty-eight times? And that you have been sent to.. Arkham Asylum double the amount of times of that. All in the span of two years."

Harley nods her head with nothing but proud. "In the intensive treatment building, right under the Solitary Confinement Cells. Good times."

The ringmaster looks at her, slightly amused. "Fuck my French, but.. how the hell did you do it, Harleen?"

"Mr. J and I, we got some pretty mean lawyers," she answers. Though that's not an entire lie, it's not the full truth. The truth is that Mister J and her would either bail each other out, or help one another escape. She catches the flash of worry and hesitation in his face, so she quickly adds, "Oh, but don't worry! I'm perfectly sane now," from her pockets, she pulls out a massive certificate that has the word "SANE" written over it in red ink, "See?"

He quietly stares at her, the gears in his mind twisting and turning.

Harley nervously gulps, setting down the paper. She watches him consider her position at the circus. Please, please, please, she thinks.

Suddenly, his face breaks into a large smile. "You're hired," he announces. Considering that she is very talented and has experience working at a circus, he decides to take a leap of faith in her, something no workplace has ever done for her. And surprisingly, her tainted record doesn't faze him. Over fifty percent of his employees are ex convicts. So if anything, her past and how she easily gets away with trouble amazes him.

After hearing the ringmaster's two magical words, Harley leaps up into the air and jumps around the tent with pure excitement. "Wee! Wha-woo! Yee-pee," she cheers. "Yay! Yay! Yay!" She fists the air, beaming with happiness. She notices the slight smile on the Ringmaster's lips, so she stands still and places her hands in front of her, still smiling. "I mean, "thank you, Mr. Haly." I will show you. You'll see that I'm as sane as anybody else!"

The ringmaster chuckles. "Can you train tonight, Harleen?"

Harley stares at him, practically shaking with excitement.

The front door of the Swan's home slams open, and in enters Harleen Quinzel with a large smile to her face. She tightly holds onto her red folder and a single piece of paper. Charlie Swan looks up from the T.V, as does Bella and Jacob. She squeals and runs into the living area, where she's met with the most important people in her life. "I gotta a job," she excitedly announces.

Jacob chuckles and grins. "Really? That's great. Where?"

".. I'm a clown," Harley responds.

The men and woman on the couch glance at one another.

"And even better news, I go in tonight! Ima practice with them n' stuff! They saw my resumé, and were really, really impressed," she continues and sits beside Charlie and Bella. "You should come! They're putting on a show on Saturday. Ooh! We should invite Billy!"

Jacob gives her a curious look. "Wait, so.. you're a seventeen year old.. with a PhD in psychology, but you're gonna work as a clown?"

Harley gives him a 'No Shit, Sherlock' look. "Well, duh, Jakey. In case if you have forgotten, I'm a sociopathic criminal, who's wanted in over a dozen states. Beggers cannot be choosers, am I right, Bellsies?" She flashes Bella a bright smile, who returns it, only hers is small and awkward.

Charlie looks at his niece and smiles at her, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Well, I'm proud of you, Harleen. Clown or not, you're following thru with your parole, and getting paid. Not only that, but you're turning your life around. And for that, I'm proud of you," he says, taking a swing of his beer.

Harley smiles and leans over to wrap him into a tight hug. He gladly returns it.

Beside her, Bella releases a sigh and nods her head, a light smile playing on her lips. "So am I, Harley."

Harley looks at her cousin and grins, reaching to hug her also. The two cousins embrace one another.

Jacob claps his hands and leans in to grab the remote from the coffee table. "Well, the game isn't gonna play itself."

Harley giggles and snatches the bowl of popcorn off Bella's lap. "Who's playin'?"

FIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 475 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "ℭ𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔲𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫" ... 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦, 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪...
70.6K 2.3K 20
❝ 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘬. ❞ ― 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 . . . 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚎 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛 ...
616K 15K 21
𝖺 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌. 𝙤𝙧 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗉𝖺𝗎𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗁𝗈𝗍𝖾 𝗂𝗆𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗌. ...
540K 15.1K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...