The Missing Elemental Link (o...

By KCPipkin89

This is an Academy fanfiction involving all 14 guys from Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle with Sang. Also involv... More

Say What Now?
Elemental Affiliations for Characters
Prologue
Author's Note
Chapter Two- Gabriel's POV
Chapter Three- North's POV

Chapter One-Owen's POV

537 42 7
By KCPipkin89

Our team, along with the Toma team, set out for an undiscovered planet, which the Academy has dubbed Delta Deelius 1. We were sent ahead of two other groups as a security measure. It was our job to scout the planet for any remaining sentient beings, outlaws, or anything that might pose a risk to the older teams.

These two teams were completely different from each other. One group was made up of five members, four dogs and one bird. They are known as the Anderson team. Lily, the lone bird, is an air elemental like myself. With her special abilities, she is able to empathize with others. She uses such gifts in the field of psychology. She was asked to come in case survivors were found and needed help, mentally, physically, or psychological. We had no idea what we were walking into and the more help we had on hand, the better. The males on the team range vastly, much like my own team. I wasn't certain of their exact abilities, but knew when they were younger, they were highly sought after. They've semi-retired now, but still come on these missions when it's important.

The other team was made up of three members. They weren't an everyday team. Just one that came together for things when situations called for them. Each was highly intelligent in their field and could usually be found on their own turf. Dr. Phil Roberts was an Earth elementalist who studied anthropology, but was usually at the hospital as a medical healer. Dr. Rose  was an archeologist and Dr. Buble was a paleontologist. This team would come to the planet to study the planet itself and its culture. Find out what happened to it, its people, and resources.

My team was in our own ship, the Ghost Siren. Don't ask me where it's name came from, I have no idea. I've tried to find information in the Academy as to who originally named the ship, but nothing has ever come up. It doesn't really matter much, but when I asked if my team could rename it, we received a resounding no in response.

The trip would take nearly a week to get there. During this time, we will double check our gear that will be needed when we land. Weapons, first aid kits, and travel packs filled with easy-to-carry food (these are like MRE packs) and water tablets, along with canteens. Our orders were to stay with both teams for however long it took for them to gather their data and propose their theories. Could be a few days, a few months, but no longer than a year. The Academy didn't wish for us to be away from our duties for an extended period of time.

My team, the Blackbourne Team, along with the Toma Team, were both highly sought after teams. We specialized in every due to our large numbers and mix of elementals. Usually elementals team up with others of their kind. Earth with Earth. Air with Air. Fire with Fire. Water with Water. On my team, we had a large mixture of each one except for water; Silas was our only one. The Toma team had one of each; however, they had two waters, tallying their total of five members. They used to have a sixth member, another Earth elementalist, but he left to join a couples team with his fiance.

The days passed quickly and soon enough we were entering the atmosphere of Delta Deelius 1. For an abandoned planet, it was quite lovely. Pinks, purples, and blues circles around tall mountain-like structures. Even from up here, I could make out what I'm assuming used to be homes or businesses.

Mr. Lee and Mr. Taylor Jr. took over controls and navigated us to the surface.

We set up a perimeter, the Toma Team setting up five hundred yards across from us. Our perimeter consisted of electro-magnetic fields in the form of small black capsules that we could set upon the ground. When someone, or something, tripped the sensors, the field shoots up and forms an electric dome around us and our ships.

The guys were getting out, exploring the section we've claimed as our own while greeting their friends from the Toma team. It was great that we got along with them so easily. At one point in the past, we thought about combining our teams. Though we worked quite often together, we still were different. Our teams took on completely different tasks. I wasn't willing to put my boys in some of the situations the Toma team seemed to charge head-first into and vice versa. Mr. Toma felt we took things too easy. So we kept our team dynamic. Two separate teams, but willing to help one another at the drop of a hat. We considered ourselves brothers, just in different houses, yet closer than we were to other dog teams within the Academy. I knew if we ever had a problem, the Toma's wouldn't hesitate to offer assistance. And we were the same. No matter the case, we would be there for our brothers without questioning.

Drawn from my gazing of the planet, Mr. Toma made his way toward me after instructing his team members in what he wanted them to do before calling it a day. We didn't have much to do in regards to setting up. Our ships would act as our housing. With the perimeter set up, we wouldn't go out to explore until the next day. We would break off into two groups of three and two groups of four. Each group would head into a different direction: north, south, east, and west. They wouldn't be allowed to travel for more than a half a day's time before needing to return to camp. Depending on what is found will determine further instructions. We might set up camp in a different location or set up a more permanent camp in this local for when the other teams arrive.

"Mr. Toma, what can I do for you?"

"Owen, when will you just call me by my name?" he says in exasperation.

I know I should call my brothers by their first names, but I like the idea of control. There were many things in my young childhood out of my control, this is something that's easy to have authority over. It shows a level of respect. Gratitude. But while it is a personal preference, I know the boys feel like I am trying to distance myself from them. That isn't the case, yet I see their point. They are my family. The people I have chosen to call my own, but can't show them my emotions. Can't open up to them because of my own insecurities and other issues.

"You're right, Axel."

The name feels foreign on my tongue and I barely hold back a grimace as soon as I say it. By the smirk on his face though, it wasn't a very good effort.

"There ya go Owen Baby steps. It will feel natural the more you do it."

I huff an unamused laugh before turning back to the subject at hand.

"How was the flight?"

"No issues on our end. You guys?"

"Same. Everything went satisfactory. Do you have an estimate on when exactly the Anderson and Phillips team will be in orbit?"

"No later than three days."

I nod absentmindedly, watching idly as Luke and Gabriel chase Marc to his ship, no doubt in search of his signature coffee blend. Marc is well-known within the Academy for his coffee. It's an obsession of his. His Earth abilities enable him to come up with unique and hybrid combinations you can't find anywhere else.

Axel walks away, dismissing our conversation as complete, while I walk to where North and Silas are setting up our weapons cache. It's an arsenal basically due to the amount of team members, though North and Raven usually carry quite a few on their persons no matter the situation. Raven regularly doesn't leave the house without at least five weapons on his person. Though he claims this is because he is a "professional Russian," whatever that may be. I'm sure it has something to do with the hostile conditions of the mother country.

"Alright gentlemen. Finish up your duties and call it a night. North," I watch as he jerks his attention at me because of my use of his first name, but I don't acknowledge it, "if you can prepare dinner, along with Luke."

Luke looks over to acknowledge, while North nods his acceptance.

Without further instruction, the boys finish up their duties and begin winding down for the night. Seven days on the ship starts to take a toll, even if we have a spacious ship to walk around in, the feeling of being cooped up is a real thing. Some of them have a harder time than others, but it's always nice once we are able to get off and feel the fresh air on our skin.

After dinner, we climb back onto our respective ships and to our own rooms to call it a night. The morning light will bring a new day. 

***

(1538 word count)

Sorry it's so late! Got caught up at work today and then had church. But it's finally here!

Let me know what you guys think. 

Happy reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.5K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
383K 23.2K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
176K 8K 29
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
128K 4.1K 80
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...