The Last Hope : sokka x reade...

By addyandsaph

this is a sokka x reader and i guess a love triangle with zuko too <3 ------- the avatar roku died 100 years... More

introduction
some backstory on your character
The Air Temple
Where
Away
The Koi
Kyoshi Island
Suki
Omashu
The King
The Earthbender
Imprisoned
Spirits Part 1
Spirits Part 2
The Fire Temple
Prince Zuko
Pirates
The Scroll
Jet
The Village
The Great Divide
Fishing
Frogs
Prison
The Fortuneteller
Volcano
Bato
The Message
The Fire Festival
Friends
The Northern Air Temple
Attack
The Water Tribe
Storm Bending
END OF BOOK ONE

We Meet Again

12.4K 379 181
By addyandsaph

i picked up my glider and ran out the door.

but i was too late.

a dusty grey mist washed over the grounds and i felt myself being slowly pulled into the direction he had gone to.

i sprinted through the hall, and glided down the mountainside. then i saw them.

the avatar had created a whirlwind and his friend was trying to calm him down.

she looked like a girl id known from the northern water tribe 100 years ago.

but i couldn't afford to waste time thinking about the past: their lives were in danger.

i tried to glide down to the structure but the wind just pulled me in and i had to get off or id be sucked into the tornado.

instead, i fell into some bushes and scrambled my way towards them.

as it calmed down i was almost ready to fly out.

but it began to slowly stop.

i saw the avatar slowly float down to the ground, releasing his wind sphere and allowing the two children to hold his hands.

were they, calming him down?

was it working?

all too soon, he fell into the girls arms and i knew it was my time to fly in.

all i heard were these words, coming faintly out of his mouth, 'i really am the last airbender.'

i landed behind a wall that was still standing and clicked my glider closed.

amazingly, the avatar had completely calmed down and the two children were helping him.

it was a sweet scene and i really didn't want to spoil it. so i stayed at the side for a while. thinking of my family who id left behind all those thousands of years ago and envying what those kids had.

---

finally i stepped forward, elegantly hopping over the fence, so silently i almost didn't get their attention.

but the older boy heard me.

he whipped his head round and pointed something at me.

was that a boomerang?

'uh guys?' he stuttered.

but they didn't notice.

'UH GUYS' he said, louder this time.

'what is it sokka?' asked the girl before seeing me.

'WHO ARE YOU?' she cried, pushing the avatar behind her to shield him.

she thought i was the enemy.

'who are you?' i asked, calmly, but in a way that showed i had complete control over the situation.

i held my glider to my side, ready to attack if necessary.

'im katara of the southern water tribe and this is my brother sokka.' she replied, her voice only just giving away her timidness, 'now tell me who you are!'

'i am y/n.' i said, proudly and loudly. commanding respect, 'the last of the storm benders and i am here to help the avatar.'

'now step away from him, and no one will get hurt.'

the two siblings just huddled closer to the avatar and narrowed their eyes.

'if you want him.' said sokka, 'you're going to have to go through us'

it was quite sad really.

i narrowed my eyes, smirking.

i could beat them in a fight any day of the week.

i whipped my staff around and threw air into their way, knocking the boy to the side before he had the chance to throw his boomerang at me.

then, the girl jumped in front of the avatar, who was laying on the ground.

she desperately looked at her surroundings.

what was she looking for?

i batted her out of the way and lifted her and her brother up above our heads, dropping them into one of my old rope nets.

i scooped up the avater and flew into the tallest tower.

i needed to keep him safe.

---

about half an hour had passed by the time he came round.

'who are you?' he said, shooting up and readying himself for a fight.

'y/n' i replied, kneeling, 'and you must be the avatar.'

i heard his stance slack and he stepped towards me.

'how are you still here?' he asked, looking at the grey arrow tattoo peaking out from my forehead, my hair had almost grown over it entirely.

i lowered my head towards the floor.

'i was here when they attacked, i was waiting for you.' i replied, 'i tried to save them.'

i felt a tear fall from cheek. many regrets were in that tear.

i looked up at him.

'really,' i said, tears beginning to well up in my eyes, 'but there were too many soldiers. and i grew too weak.' my voice trembled, threatening to break.

i tried to push this wave of emotion down but i just felt it grow stronger. suddenly, i broke down sobbing, tears stained my cheeks, the events of that terrible day of treachery, replayed again and again in my head.

i felt him stand and approach me, to my surprise he knelt down on the ground next to me.

'we can't change the past but we can overcome it' i raised my head to see him smiling gently at me, he looked young but he was very wise. then his expression changed 'but how are you still here after all this time? its been one hundred years.'

i looked at him through waterlogged eyes, a grin slowly creeped its way onto my face.

'no it hasnt' i murmured, smiling as i tilted my head up towards the intricate ceiling.

'what do you mean?' aang queried, he looked at me confused.

î wiped my eyes and stared at him.

'it's been ten thousand.' i said, 'im a storm bender - you do know what that is right? i men the monks must of told you?'

'i think so?' he replied, quietly.

'our existence is solely there to aid you. without the avatar, we do not exist. ive known every avatar before you and im here to help you now.'

i stood up and dusted my clothes off.

he seemed confused as he stepped back from me.

'is that why you took me from my friends?'

î looked at him.

what?

those were his friends?

'your friends?' i asked, 'oh.'

his eyes narrowed. he made his way to the window and jumped out gliding away.

'hang on!' i shouted after him, expanding my gliders wings and flying out the window to pursue him. i never was good with people.

we soared round the island and finally stopped at the net.

'AANG!' yelled katara as we landed.

'KATARA?' screamed the avatar, rushing towards the net to cut them loose.

'aang there you are, i was getting sooo hungry' sokka exclaimed, katara gave him a disapproving look, 'and i was worried about you.' he mumbled.

i took out my knife and began cutting the ropes.

as soon as they fell out, the siblings reached for aang and pulled him behind them.

'don't touch him!' said katara, taking water from the dew on the leaves.

she was a waterbender.

'no katara, sokka it's fine.' said aang, stepping between the two parties, 'she was just trying to help, shes nice, kinda'

i put my glider to my side and narrowed my brows.

'she doesn't look nice to me.' said sokka, readying his boomerang as i glared at him.

'guys can we all just put down our weapons?' asked aang, 'katara, you go first.'

'but-!' said katara, before she was cut off by the avatar.

'drop it.' he said.

she sighed and put her water back on the leaves while giving me a deathly stare.

'now y/n'

without hesitation, i dropped my glider. aang raised his eyebrow and i kicked it away grumbly to myself.

'sokka?' aang stares him down.

sokka huffed and threw his boomerang behind him, he then realised his mistake as the boomerang hit him in the back. that definitely brought a smile to my face.

'okay everyone.' said aang as we patiently (or not so patiently) waited, 'you need to trust each other.'

katara and sokka gave me sour looks and i rolled my eyes in retaliation.

'we're on the same side now, and i have a feeling we are all going to get along' suddenly he airbended us towards him and pulled us into a hug.

oh boy, this was going to be a long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 559 24
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
76.7K 2.4K 16
DISCONTINUED **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* She was born to be a strong warrior. Not only did she possess the ability to firebend, but the blood of th...
4.3K 171 28
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...
1.5K 158 11
Long ago, the four Nations lived together in harmony. Then the Fire Nation attacked. The world was about to change forever and for the airbenders, th...