Throne Of Cards

By mstraongp231

" When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die.." A new world. A complex, unforgiving game. A vacant... More

Prologue
A Brave New World
Mission One
The Magical Girl
A New Ally
Your Name
The End Of The Beginning
Death and life
Mixed Tidings
DEINARĪZU
Old Friends
Out of the Den
Peculiar Tidings
Needle
Omens
Truth and Lies
Final Goodbyes
The Ominous Wedding
Farewell Home
ARC 2 TRAILER
New Introductions
Meeting the Master

No rest for the undying.

12 1 0
By mstraongp231

Mohan should be dead. No logic could explain why he was alive. He had seen it. His clothes mangled with blood. He had felt his guts spill out of his torso, his six pack perfectly cut by the blade. He had felt his own blood stain his heavy stubble of a beard.

And he had felt the girl's arm entwine with his.

But as he made his futile promise with his dying breath, something incredible happened. The fair hand in his palm grew hot. Heat grew in his hand. His blood receded. The heat continued to flow. The sensation was familiar, he thought.

Through the pain, Mohan barely recollected the bocco fruit he had eaten before. He had felt the same burning sensation then. But, if that was like putting your hand in fire, this would be more like being dragged into the centre of a nuclear explosion.

His thought was cut by a screeching laugh. This type of laughter was generally only seen in fiction. It was generally associated with a murderous, insane rage. It sent shivers down his spine. When he looked around to locate its source, he was shocked.

The polite, nice girl at his side was gone. Her smile was distinctly sadistic. Her white robes and silver hair were dyed a pale crimson. And her hand held an ice spike like a dagger.

"You didn't think it would be so easy to take my insignia off me, would you?"

Eldia said laughing.

Mohan lifted his head up to see who she was talking to. As he stood up, he was shocked to see the room full of ice. The boxes and railings were covered with a fine layer of snow. The temperature must have dropped by at least 50 degrees. As the heat within him dissipated, he began to feel cold. He instantly zipped up his jacket. This led him to notice that his guts were no longer spilling out.

"Well, I hadn't expected the witch incarnate to show up on my kill."

This new sound came from the top of one of the boxes. Its source was a woman.

She was rather tall, around the same height as Mohan, and she appeared to be in her early twenties. Her eyes angled downward toward the edges and she had a calm atmosphere to her. Her unusually pale skin clearly stood out even in that gloomy interior.

She was wearing a black cloak, but she'd left the front open so one could easily see her tight black outfit underneath it. Slender as she was, she had curves in all the right places.

And just like Mohan, she had black hair which seemed to be unusual in this world. Her long hair that went down to her waist was tied up as if braided, and she was currently fiddling with the end of it.

She had a rather bewitching aura.

And she held a black serrated blade with blood on it.

"It must have been your job to buy the emblem. If we were to make this a sea of ​​blood, it would be a different story!"

"My job is to buy the stolen emblem. It's very difficult to have a business meeting with the owner. So I decided to change the schedule."

 Mohan, whose face was red in anger, suddenly descends as his murderous eyes stare at his wet eyes. The assassin looks down on the fear of such felt with love,

"I've killed all the people here, and I'll collect the emblem on it."

"No you won't."

Mohan felt his voice cut through the conversation.

"No you won't. You won't be killing anyone ever again."

A determination as strong as steel flowed through his veins. This determination surprised him. He had never been the sort to care about death. He had seen dead bodies far more regularly than the average person. For some reason, he had a knack for finding them. Often, he would go to the station and spot the body of some unfortunate person run over by the train while crossing the tracks. Later he would cross the street and behind him he would hear an accident. Even as a child, he had not cried at his grandparent's funeral.

However, seeing this random lady gloating over the corpses of the people there made him really angry. Picking up an ice shard from near him, he leapt at her.

Mohan had been pretty good at martial arts. He had a black belt in karate and was also pretty good at armed combat. But nothing had prepared him for this.

The woman moved around, swift as the wind. Mohan could barely keep up with her. Every time the woman struck, he dodged and hit. She would move out. The flash of movement sucked the air out. He would be drawn forward. Then she would score a hit. Mohan would dodge. Soon enough, he was filed with cuts.

Mohan suspected the only reason he wasn't dead yet was Eldia. Everytime the woman retreated, Eldia's ice spikes soared at her with the accuracy of a homing missile. A merciless intersection of icicles, which rolls up white fog inside the room, obscuring the shadow of the black mantle in cold storms.

 The ejection speed of the icicles far exceeded the speed seen in the alleys, and it seems that Mohan's common sense exceeded the major class and hit the ball speed that can only be seen in games.

 It has a sharp tip that easily penetrates the human body and stains a transparent warhead red with fresh blood.

 The woman was jumping out, making her black hair jump as she cut through white smoke.

 Gently step on the Kukri knife and take no steps. No injuries are visible on the body. Nothing is different from the previous one, except that the black cloak that sheI wore was stripped off and only the black garment that fits the skin underneath was removed.

"No way, the coat itself is heavy and you can take it off to make it lighter!"

"It's interesting too, but the fact is simpler-my cloak was once knitted with the technique of dispelling evil. I've saved my life."

 In response to Mohan's concerns, she moves the blade to the front from a low position.

 The blade tries to push the heavy tip straight into the girl's chest. Mohan is about to speak up. Before it takes shape

"Don't lick a spirit magician. It's scary when you send it to an enemy."

 The multiple ice shields easily blocked The assassin's blade.

Eldia who holds her hands in front of her chest. The ice shield would have been her hand. Then, the assassin, who was stopped from a single blow, swiftly avoids to the back.

 It is a series of icicles with a slightly smaller size that sticks to the ground to follow it.

 That chase is right next to the silver hair, with a pluck waving like a conductor.

"Offensive and defensive roles-a real two-to-one situation"

"That's the troublesome part of a spirit man. One attacks and one defends. Sometimes one gets time with simple magic, and the other shoots big tricks... and so on. The battlefield promise is to "throw a weapon and a wallet and run away if you encounter a spirit-user".

  Nodded honestly to the case. Indeed, if it is an advantage under the one-on-one situation, the superiority is absolute. It can't be broken down so much.

 In fact, I am seeing it cut twice, so it is a true statement.

 --Innumerable ice blocks have been created one after another, and the room is inexorably traversed.

 There are various sizes, the large one is about the size of a head, and the small one is the size of a fist. All of them fly at speeds that are not much different from full-throw pitches, so you should guess the danger level.

 However, while putting herself in such ice violence and losing the cloak that dispels demons, the behaviour of the assassin did not exist in the ordinary realm of physics.

 She turns around, lie down like she is crawl on the ground, sometimes even uses walls as scaffolding, and takes evasive action ignoring gravity. If it is still unavoidable, the blade will break the ice and crush the white crystals. It is a tremendous technology that supplements the amount of material with overwhelming skill.

"A girl used to fighting is a fresh change."

 Even the pack that attacks is admired by the sense that it can only be described as that supernatural work.

 In the murmur, The assassin shook her lips in the midst of the battle.

"Oh, it's been a long time since I've been treated like a girl."

"I think most people are like babies. Still, you are unbearably strong."

"I'm honored to be praised by spirits."

 While graciously appreciating the compliments, the beating blade blows away the ice blocks surrounding it.

 The number of ice shots should already be close to a hundred, but none of them could reach The assassin directly, except at the first siege. Pluck is pushing the offensive depending on the quantity, but it was a fact that it was lacking in the final hit.

"Isn't it possible for me to lose MP and lose if I leave it like this?"

 Envisioning a change in offense and defense, Mohan complains of a long-term disadvantage .Not much time has passed since the start of the battle in the evening, but if the magic battle is done this much, I think that the mana and other things that have been accumulated are also being used extensively.

 Such Mohan's anxiety is:

 "It seems that I have hit the target."

 Perhaps the pluck seems to be a little dull, and the expression of the girl with a little cat on her shoulder shows the color of impatience.

"It's been fun, but I can't help but keep my heart here."

"It's a painful point for a male to play. The girl won't let me sleep. But you know, it's bad for your skin if you stay up late."

 The assassin prepares for the leap, flexing her knees lightly.

 Prior to that, Puck swanked at her glance and said.

"It's about time for the Makuhiki. Are you tired of seeing the same performance?"

"--legs are"

 At the moment when he tried to step out, the assassin leaned on and set his hand.

 Just before Mohan was surprised by her incredible mistake, the answer to the fall was at the foot of her. Under The assassin's feet, her right leg is sewn to the frozen floor. The crushed ice blocks pile up slightly, acting as a wedge that entangles her legs.

 Tensed up, the little body of the puck wiggles over the girl's shoulders.

 Posing as if it was a deadly move, both hands were projected forward, and from there, the greatest magical power ever concentrated-it was also visible to Mohan.

 Magical power no longer formed into ice, but was launched as pure energy of destruction.

 The pale light freezes everything on the line of sight, dyeing the warehouse white all at once.

 The energy is a straight line that passes through The assassin, hits the entrance to the loot warehouse, knocks off the badly-built door, and causes the aftermath of freezing to the outside.

 After passing the aurora, only freezing remains, and the stolen goods, household items, and counters are all thrown together and thrown into frozen soil.

 Of course, it is inevitable that even humans will become ice statues if they are hit directly.

 However,

"you're kidding......"

"It's not a lie. Oh, nice. I thought I was dead."

 If you have been hit directly, that is.

"...I'm a girl, so I don't admire it."

 Although the pack has the shape of the inner hand, the words do not include anger beyond words. The tone is purely dissatisfied with the act itself.

 --Mohan also saw the blood dripping and a slight steam rising on the frozen floor.

 The source of blood is The assassin's right foot. Extensive bleeding can be seen from her right foot, bare-footed, slightly off the line of freezing magic.

 That should be natural. After all, the bottom of her right foot has been sharpened.

"It was about to be cut off prematurely, but it was a dangerous place."

"That alone would hurt a lot."

"Oh, yeah. It hurts. Nice. I feel alive. And..."

 Nodding with an ecstatic gaze at the words of the caring puck, The assassin lifts his bleeding foot and presses the sole of the foot into the ice block beside him without hesitation.

 A crackling sound of the atmosphere sounds, and The assassin makes a lustrous voice, "Uuuun," and the Kukuri knife, which is swung immediately after, strikes the surface of the ice block. With that alone, the rough hemostasis with part of the ice block stuck to the sole of the foot is completed.

"It's a little difficult to move, but it's good enough"

 The assassin wearing icy shoes laughs more happily with a hard footstep.

Mohan doesn't speak anymore because of his fighting addiction who is willing to self-harm, but the more serious ones are the Eldia who face her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sleepy. I was licking it a little. It disappears after mana runs out."

 The pack that answers the girl's murmuring, the voice hasn't been enough for the first time.

 A little cat on the side of the silver hair, on the shoulders-its faintly dimly shining, and it is so ephemeral that it is about to disappear. That means the time is running out.

"I'll do something else here, so take a break now. Thank you."

"If you have something for me, I will obey the agreement.-In case of need, even if I squeeze Od, I call him.

 The body of the puck suddenly turns into a mist and disappears, as pushed by the voice of the compassionate Eldia.

 Everyone in the room was regretful of the departure, but the one thing that dropped the shoulder was

"-Oh, I'm gone. That's terrible and disappointing."

 It would have been The assassin who was playing a fight for life.

 Repositioning the Kukuri knife, The assassin makes a high-pitched noise and heads for Eldia.

 The icicles are created one after another around the opposing Eldia and in response to it, but the number of steps is considerably less than what the pack released.

 Even if The assassin, whose mobility had been cut off, was the opponent, the odds of winning would have been pulled back to 50 minutes.

"It's about time you're just watching"

 The ice barrage is being shot uninterrupted, but all of them are shattered before The assassin's sword dance and cannot reach.

 The slashing attack of The assassin, which jumps like a dance, is prevented by an ice shield that interrupts the attack, and the following consecutive attacks avoid a single god by gliding to freeze his feet.

 If the distance is far, the offense and defense will be changed again by the barrage, but such a hand cannot be repeated many times.

 The next time that fang approaches her, Mohan will see a scene he doesn't want to see again.

"Let's go!"

 It is an acrobatic work that can only be established if there is a delicate balance of delicate power relationships. The blade of The assassin is shaken right beside it, before the perfect balance is broken.

 It was a thrown small knife that struck a slash with a single letter.

 The movement of the blade is slightly disturbed by the shock from just below, and the belly of the blade hits the head of the giant with high speed. A dull sound of steel hitting the bones echoed, and Rom's body fell sideways like it was flipped.

The assassin, landing lightly and looking back just by looking at her, saw the knife.

 It was the small Swiss knife Mohan had that saved Eldia from the deadly blade. Originally, he might have aimed at his arm, but it seemed that he was unwilling to do so.

 Rather, in this case, it could be said that it barely saved Eldia's life.

As the knife sliced at her collarbone, the assassin was distracted. Which was long enough for Eldia to flash freeze her. Mohan buried his ice sword in her guts, and the assassin broke to pieces like a glass figure.

"Good job, Eldia." Mohan grunts.

The girl at his side walks over and takes the emblem. She then turns to face Mohan. She looks at him with confusion, and then quickly corrects herself.

"Thank you, Mohan. I guess I owe you a life debt now"

Mohan looks at her deeply and says" huh, okay, I guess. Also, your real name is not Eldia is it?'

"How did you know?"

"Tell me your real name and I will tell you."

"Lithoniel Luwenys"

Hearing that name, Mohan collapsed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 1.6K 28
Vampires exist. And they live amongst us, hidden within the shadows and right under our noses. They are beautiful, forbidden beasts; everything I've...
205K 11.7K 51
Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One girl. One kingdom. Eleven friends. Four Ele...
721 16 20
What is life? Why am I alive? Time and time again, I can't help but ask myself these questions. How come I am the survivor? What did I do to earn suc...
183 3 71
Being poor sucks. Jasper knows that all too well. However, he doesn't refuse when he gets an invitation to become The King of the World, someone with...