The Spartans on Remnant (Halo...

By SpartanJ114

Two UNSC Spartans have crash landed on an unknown planet outside UNSC space onboard the wreck of the UNSC Win... More

Authors notes
Main Character General Background
Spartan 114's Armor and Weapons
Spartan144's Armor and Weapons
UNSC Winters Edge
Chapter 1 - The fall of Reach
Chapter 2 - Awakening
Chapter 3 - Beacon academy
Chapter 4 - Touring the Campus
Chapter 5 - Initiation
Chapter 6 - making friends
Chapter 7 - Settled in
Chapter 8 - Dinner with Weiss
Chapter 9 - Newcomers to Vale
Chapter 10 - Searching for Blake
Chapter 11 - The day before classes
Chapter 12 - Investigations
Chapter 14 - Dancing Spartans
Chapter 15 - Choosing a Mission
Chapter 16 - Boots on the Ground
Chapter 17 - The Vale Skirmish
Change logs
More change logs

Chapter 13 - Extracurricular

869 11 20
By SpartanJ114

I found myself in Glynda's combat training class watching Pyrrha fight the entire team of CRDL. She does quite well and ends up winning, it takes her far longer than I did in my fight with those idiots but she doesn't have an augmented body or a suit of high tech power armor so I guess I can't complain about it.

Glynda:
"and that's the match"

Cardin:
"lucky... Shot" *passes out*

Glynda:
"well done Miss Nikos, you should have no problem qualifying for the tournament"

Pyrrha:
"thank you professor"

Glynda:
"alright I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match, any volunteers?"

Glynda:
"Miss Belladonna, you've been rather docile these past few classes. Why don't you-"

???:
"I'll do it"

I turn around to see that silver haired boy who was with that Cinder girl I met a few days prior.

Glynda:
"Mercury is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent"

Mercury:
"actually, I wanna fight... Her"

Mercury points at Pyrrha which seems to surprise the entire class including Pyrrha and myself.

Pyrrha:
"Me?"

Glynda:
"I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished a match, I reccomed you choose another partner"

Pyrrha:
"no it's fine, I'd be happy to oblige

Mercury walks down to the arena and stops across from Pyrrha before getting into a combat stance.

Mercury begins the fight by running at Pyrrha and kicks at her which she blocks with her shield, Pyrrha proceeds to slash at his leg and trip him over, he jumped back up and preformed a few back flips before coming to a stop to briefly look at her. Pyrrha runs towards Mercury and begins attacking him with her shield which mercury blocks with a series of kicks, Pyrrha shield charges Mercury which pushes him back. I hear Ruby compliment Mercury's skill to his green haired teammate which is when I notice Cinder is noticeably missing from the room.

The battle continues with Mercury going on the offensive with a fury of strong kicks which Pyrrha blocks with her shield. Things are going relativly evenly matched until Mercury disarms Pyrrha with a kick to her weapon, he attempts to kick Pyrrha again but for the first time he misses his attack causing him to lose balance. Pyrrha runs at him with her shield raised, Mercury jumps up and kicks off of her shield as the sound of a gun can be heard. Pyrrha begins running at Mercury again.

Mercury:
"I forefit"

Pyrrha slows her run and comes to a stop a few meters past Mercury.

Pyrrha:
"you... Don't even want to try?"

Mercury:
"what's the point? You're a world renowned fighter, we're obviously leagues apart"

Glynda:
"in that case Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match.. Again. Next time you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent"

Mercury:
"I'll be sure to do that"

As Mercury walks away the bell rings.

Glynda:
"that is all for today, remember the dance is this weekend, but you have your first mission on Monday, I will not except why excuses"

Jack: (mumbles to himself)
"only two more days"

Weiss:
"hmm? Did you say something?"

Jack:
"oh, Uh.. No, just talking to myself is all"

Team RWBY, JNPR, Emmitt and myself all leave the room and begin walking across campus when Sun catches up to us and stops to talk with Blake.

Sun:
"hey Blake you Uh.. doing okay?"

Blake:
"I'm fine"

Sun:
*ahem* "so I hear there's this dance going on this weekend, sounds pretty lame but you and me I'm thinking less lame Huh?

Blake:
"what?"

Sun:
"the dance this weekend, do you wanna go or what?"

Blake:
"I don't have time for a stupid dance, I thought you of all people would get that"

Blake walks off away from Sun and past us off into the distance, I look back at sun who looks completely crushed.

Jack:
"ouch, that was rough, I'm gonna go ask Sun if he wants to go get home food to take his mind off of things"

Weiss:
"that's so kind of you, good luck"

Jack:
"I'll see you guys later"

I walked over to sun who is still standing there with is head hung low and his shoulders even lower.

Jack:
"hey man, that was pretty rough, you wanna go get some food with me to take your mind off it?

Sun:
"sure man, I'd like that actually"

Sun and I walk towards the courtyard where I park my warthog and other vehicles, I pulled out my keys and pressed the button that deactivated the shield lock on the Hog.

Sun:
"Woah, that's so cool"

Jack:
"oh that's nothing, just something I whipped up in my spare time seeing as the Warthog has no doors"

Sun:
"I've been meaning to ask you something"

Jack:
"oh, and what's that?"

Sun:
"when we were in team RWBY's dorm room you said something about being from another planet and crash landing here on a spaceship, was that all true?"

Jack:
"yes, it was all true, Emmitt and myself are actually high ranking special forces in the UNSC military, the UNSC is at war with a theocratic hegemony made up of multiple alien species Known as the Covenant"

Sun:
"theocratic hegemony?"

Jack:
"to put it simply the Covenant is a military as well as a religion. anyways, the reason I'm even here is because Emmitt and myself were attempting to escape the fallen military planet of reach, i actually grew up on planet reach so it was a bit of a personal endeavor to have to leave it to be glassed, during our escape my UNSC frigate named 'Winters Edge' suffered significant damage and when we made a random jump to slip-space to escape the planet and 3 days into the journey my ship experienced an unexpected explosion in the right engine that caused a chain reaction of explosions that tore my ship in half, the rear half of my ship crash landed here on remnant due to the damage to the slip-space drive and my ship was torn in half, the rear half of my ship crash landed with myself and Emmitt on board, soon after Team RWBY boarded the ship and found us. After that we were introduced to ozpin and because students. All of this is classified information so I trust you won't go sharing it or I may be forced to take you out... I'm joking but seriously, do keep quiet about this okay"

Sun:
"Woah, that's allot to take in, you've been through so much, I'm sorry to hear that"

Jack:
"it's all good, anyways jump in and let's head out to lunch"

Sun:
"sweet, I'm starving"

Emmitt pov
After Jack left I went back with team RWBY to the cafeteria where we sat down, ate or lunch and began talking about the rest of the day.

Weiss:
"so what's our plan for the rest of the day?"

Ruby:
"I'm not sure, maybe we should go see a movie"

Weiss:
"I suppose it could be fun"

Emmitt:
"pass, I'm thinking of going out to the range for some shooting, you wanna join me Gorgeous?

Yang:
"sounds good to me let's go"

Yang and I split off from the rest of the group and down to the range, I grabbed the SR-99 anti-material sniper rifle and a dozen magazines worth of ammo.

Emmitt:
"you ever fired a rifle before?"

Yang:
"now that you mention it I don't think I actually ever have"

Emmitt:
"well take this, I'll show you how"

Yang pov
Emmitt gives me the rifle and stands behind he as he begins instructing me.

Emmitt:
"now, stand with your right foot forward, shoulder the rifle just like that... And lift up the rifle's scope to your eye.."

Emmitt wraps his arms around me from behind as he shows me how to properly hold the gun, I start to feel hot and bothered, something about having his muscular arms wrapped around my body turns me on. I fired four rounds until the magazine was empty, he showed me how to remove the magazine but I wasn't paying attention, I turned around and locked my lips with his, I dropped the gun as we began making out before I had an idea.

Yang:
"why don't we take this back to your dorm room, your teammate won't be back for a while at least"

Emmitt:
"oh I like the sounds of that, let's do this"

Jack pov
Sun and I got into the warthog and began driving down into Vale.

Sun:
"this thing is so cool and high tech, I guess it's one of your UNSC military vehicles?"

Jack:
"that is correct, this vehicle is an M12 Warthog, all terrain light reconnaissance vehicle. This one in particular has a few custom upgrades I personally installed to maximize effectiveness"

Sun:
"oh okay cool. Hey we should grab my friend Neptune for lunch"

Jack:
"if it's all the same to you I'd rather not, something about him dosent sit well with me"

Sun:
"what do you mean by tha- oh I think I get it"

Jack:
"what do you mean?"

Sun:
"it's Weiss, isn't it?"

Jack:
"I.. Don't know what you mean by that"

Sun:
"C'mon man, even from my outside perspective I can see it's obvious, and Neptune has made it pretty clear he is somewhat interested in her, he does that all the time with tonnes of girls, I could ask him to stop if you'd like"

Jack:
"Nah don't do that, Weiss dosen't belong to me so I have no right to expect Neptune to back off because I haven't told Weiss how I really feel"

Sun:
"so why don't you just tell her?"

Jack:
"honestly, it's because I'm afraid, I've never been afraid of anything in my entire life, and I've faced certain death hundreds of times on near scuicidal missions and never felt anything like this, I'm afraid that I'm not good enough for her or that I'm not right for her, I was born into this world to be a tool of war, all I've ever been is a war machine, and now I have an opportunity to be a real person, but I dont know how to. Weiss deserves the best in life and I don't think that's me"

Sun:
"wow man that's deep, but if you ask me you'd be perfect for Weiss so just go for it"

Jack:
"thanks Sun, I plan on asking her to the dance this weekend, I even forged her a necklace"

Sun:
"damn that's some serious dedication, there's no way you'll lose her to Neptune, he never puts in that much effort, oh hey is that the food court"

Jack:
"yeah, we'll park up and head inside for something to eat"

Sun and I walked into the food court and orderd noodles, we continued to talk while we ate.

Jack:
"oh and in regards to Blake, hang in there, I know you'll break through her barriers eventually"

Sun:
"you really think so?"

Jack:
"I can't say I'm 100% certain of it but if anyone could, I'd put my money on it being you"

Sun:
"thanks man, that's means allot"

Jack:
"anytime"

Sun and I finished our meals and headed back up to beacon as the sun set overhead, I pulled into the courtyard and we got out of the Hog.

Sun:
"thanks for taking me out to lunch, I really needed someone other than my team to talk to about all of this"

Jack:
"anytime, I also found it beneficial to talk about my current dilemma"

Sun:
"if you ever need to talk come find me"

Jack:
"will do"

Sun walks off to the Exchange student dorms and I head to my locker and grab out the necklace box I had stored away, after that I head towards the dorm rooms, on my way through the hallway I pass by Blake, I decide not to bother her as she seems in a foul mood. As I'm about to enter my dorm I notice Jaune knocking on the door of Team RWBY holding a guitar, I decide to walk over and see what's going on. Weiss answers the door and Jaune begins to play the guitar.

Jaune: (singing)
"Weiiiseeeee"

Weiss slams the door in his face so he knocks again

Jaune:
"oh come on, open the door..I promise not to sing"

Weiss opens the door with a very uninterested look on her face.

Jaune: (singing)
"I lieeed! Weiss Schnee.. will you accompany me.. To the danceeee on... Sunday

Weiss pov
I look at Jaune with a look of horror and discomfort when I notice Jack leaning against his door shaking his head in disapproval with his hand covering his face

Weiss:
"are you done?"

Jaune:
"yes"

Weiss:
"...No"

Jack pov
Weiss slams the door in Jaune's face again and he walks away saddened, I can't help but feel happy she turned him down, even if it isn't nice seing Jaune so upset.

Weiss pov
"I turn around to see Ruby and Yang staring right at me.

Weiss:
"what?"

Yang:
"and that is why they call you the ice queen"

Weiss:
"all my life boys have only cared about the perks of my last name, except for one, and I intend on going to the dance with him as my date anyway"

Ruby:
"date or no date none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go"

Weiss pov
Another knock can be heard at the door, I open it expecting to see Jaune again only to be presently surprised to see Jack face.

Jack:
"wow, I don't exactly know what to call what I just witnessed but it was certainly something"

Weiss:
"oh hey Jack, yeah tell me about it"

Jack:
*sigh* I actually can't believe I'm actually asking you this after that stunt by Jaune... But Weiss, I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to this dance on the coming Sunday night..."

Jack reach's into his pocket and pulls out a small black box, he opens the box to reveal a beautiful necklace with a purple snowflake pendant and 4 smaller sage green pendants all attached to a silver chain.

Weiss: (tears swelling in her eyes)
"oh yes! Of course I'll go with you! I was hoping you'd ask!"

I pull Jack into a long hug, after I release him he puts the necklace around my neck.

Weiss:
"it's absolutely beautiful"

Jack:
"I'm glad you think so, I forged it myself over the past month, the snowflake pendant is made from the armor of the first covenant corvette I destroyed in battle, the green pendants are a combination of titanium from the damaged sections of the MK IV armor and gold flakes, and the necklace chain itself is a combination of silver and melted down bullet casings"

Weiss:
"it's amazing, I love it so much"

Jack pov
Weiss's cheeks go bright pink as she looks down at the floor with her hands together in front of her.

Yang:
"Awwwwh, so cute"

Weiss:
"quiet you"

Jack:
"so how are you two?"

Ruby:
''were fine, but we're worried about Blake"

Jack:
"yeah me too, and so is Sun"

Weiss:
"how is he doing by the way?"

Jack:
"he's better now, we had a hear to heart and it seemed to cheer him up a bit"

Yang:
"well that's good at least"

Jack:
"anyways I'm going to go get some rest for tomorrow, have a good night Everyone, sweet dreams Weiss-Cream"

Weiss: (blushes)
"Sweet dreams to you too Jack "

Jack pov
I walked into my room to see Emmitt playing some game on his scroll.

Jack:
"well, I finally did it"

Emmitt:
"you finally finished repairs on the Mk IV?"

Jack:
"no dummy, I asked Weiss to the dance"

Emmitt:
"oh wow, I didn't expect that, what did she say"

Jack:
"as hard to believe as it is, she said yes"

Emmitt:
"trust me, it's believable. Did you give her the neclace?"

Jack:
"of course"

Emmitt:
"andddd... What did she think?"

Jack:
"she says she loves it"

Emmitt:
"no surprise there"

Jack:
"yeah yeah, well I'm going to get some sleep, I'll talk to you in the morning"

Emmitt:
"alright, good night then"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176 25 25
In the world of Remnant, a place where science and fairy tales coexist, human civilization is pledged by deadly monsters known as the Grimm. For a ti...
112K 2K 55
As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to be there to study. (Obviously all existin...
1.5K 28 12
Team RWBY and their friend are back and ready for their second semester at Beacon, an academy that trains the world's strongest fighters. But real l...
5.9K 161 19
Drake Moonstalker joins Beacon Academy, in an attempt to run from his past. But, no matter how far you go, you can never run from a past this dark.