Paradox [Blue Exorcist x Male...

By banco00

He enrolled at True Cross Academy, holding that gun tight in his grip with one goal in mind: become an exorci... More

Bio
Reference Sheet
Fleeting Scarlet
True Cross Academy
A Newfound Rivalry
Ambition
Kitchen Nightmares
Flor
Insecurity
Scars and Sunrise
Hellfire
Sky Splitting Sword
Sea Black as Ink
Snake in the Class
Preying Serpent
Comfort by the Campfire
Lantern Hunting
Malicious Moths and Baneful Baal
Azure Inferno
An Angel's Contract
A/n: Going Forward
Evergrowing Rifts
Memories of Nihility
Emerald Enigmas
Drunken Musings
All Will Return

Demon of the Deep

1K 62 45
By banco00

Heavy snoring was the only sound that came from the boys' room as the sun slowly rose over the horizon. After the events of last night, they all bathed and headed straight to bed, too tired to even try to think of a plan for fighting the Kraken.

"[Y/n]! Wake up!" Flor exclaimed through telepathy, panic clear in his tone. He frantically clawed at [Y/n]'s shoulder in an attempt to stir the male from his sleep. [Y/n] shifted slightly but didn't wake up. Flor tried again. And again. And again. Until finally...

"Flor?" [Y/n] asked groggily, trying to adjust his eyes to the sudden light. He screwed his eyes shut as he rubbed them, trying to ignore Flor's rapid clawing at his shoulder. As he slowly regained his awareness, a foul sweaty smell invaded his nose. "What the hell?" He muttered out, his face scrunching up in disgust. When he finally opened his eyes, he saw a bare foot mere centimetres away from his face. Blinking at the appendage, he slowly noticed the weight that seemed to be holding his body down. Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, he looked past the foot and toward its owner and saw that Rin was sprawled out on top of him with one of his arms wrapped around [Y/n]'s leg while Shima laid across Rin's other outstretched arm. "Rin! Get off me!" [Y/n] groaned in annoyance as he roughly pushed the other male off of him. Rin yelped in surprise as he suddenly woke up and collided with the hard floor, muttering a long string of confused curses at [Y/n].

"The sea!" Flor yelled, gaining [Y/n]'s attention as Shima slowly woke up. [Y/n] looked at his familiar in confusion. "The sea! It's serious!" He panicked, his eyes widening as he gave [Y/n] a distressed look. That follow-up woke [Y/n] up as he jumped off the floor and ran toward the balcony. As he looked out across the landscape, his eyes went wide. The sea was black again. And this time was even darker than the last.

"Shit." [Y/n] cured as he whipped his head back toward the room, grabbing Sema as he moved. "Guys! C'mon!" [Y/n] yelled as he slipped on his sandals. The other two just stared at him in confusion, still trying to wake up, until their eyes drifted to the sea. When they saw the black water, they both shot up off the floor. [Y/n] sprinted out of the room while Flor ran alongside him, desperate trying to keep up. "Kamiki! Up! C'mon, something's happening at the sea!" [Y/n] yelled as he pounded on her door while running past it. When he finally got outside, the inky sea was even more visible. Even more ominous.

"Not again..." Shima sighed as he, Rin and Kamiki arrived on the scene. The four of them just stared out at the water for a moment, none of them knowing how to proceed.

"I'm sure that kid's seen this too." Rin announced and [Y/n] nodded in agreement. "I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid." Rin muttered, looking around to see if he could spot the kid anywhere near them. Of course, he couldn't.

"I'm gonna go check on him!" Kamiki announced as she began descending the stairs that led down to the main road. The three boys whipped their heads toward her.

"Kamiki?"

"Yeah, what? He saved my life, didn't he?" Kamiki replied harshly, scoffing at their surprise. "Anyway, it bugs me when people don't know their own limits." She sneered before taking off without another word, leaving the three boys in stunned silence.

"Should we go after her?" Shima asked, watching nervously as his usually self-absorbed classmate ran off to help someone random kid that they had just met. Rin seemed to be conflicted but [Y/n] just shook his head.

"Let's let her handle this for now." He suggested and his two friends turned to him in shock, unsure as to whether or not that was the right idea. Just as they were about to protest, [Y/n] put his hands behind his head. "I'll check up on her later." He announced, turning on his heel as he began to walk back to the hotel. Although he tried to mask it, he was definitely worried about what was likely to come. The two boys seemed very hesitant but decided that [Y/n] was probably right since he knew Kamiki knew best.

"If you say so..."

~*~

"How's he holding up?" [Y/n] asked, looking out across the water to the pier where Yohei was sat staring off into the ocean. Kamiki sighed, shaking her head.

"He hasn't moved for an hour and a half." She replied, resting her chin on her knuckles as she watched the boy. Flor nervously stepped up beside her, looking up at her in concern.

"Neither have you." [Y/n] replied, crossing his arms over his chest while Kamiki rolled her eyes. "Seriously, I'm worried. You never act like this."

"Like I said, he saved my life. I owe him." Kamiki replied through gritted teeth as she turned back toward the kid they were supposed to protect, obviously getting irritated by the subject. [Y/n] let out a defeated sigh, shaking his head as he looked down at her.

"There's something about him that reminds you of yourself, isn't there?" He asked and Kamiki's eyes instantly widened as her head whipped back toward her classmate. "You said earlier that you hate when people don't know their limitations. I'm guessing there's a reason for that." [Y/n] thought around and Kamiki instantly shot to her feet.

"That's none of your business!" She snapped and [Y/n] put his hands in front of him defensively, keeping his expression calm and composed.

"I know. I just want to make sure that you're okay." [Y/n] explained softly, causing Kamiki's eyes to narrow into a forced and very strained glare. "We're friends after all."

"I'm fine." She sighed, looking down at the ground before turning her attention back to Yohei. He was honestly surprised that she didn't deny their friendship with some snappy remark.

"Here." [Y/n] offered, holding out a bag of food and drinks for her. If she was going to stay out here, she had to at least eat something. "I can tell that you don't wanna talk but I'm not leaving unless you agree to eat something." He announced, putting his hands on his hips and giving Kamiki a look that let her know he wouldn't budge. The girl just sighed in defeat and took the bag.

"Thank you." Kamiki replied with the faintest smile on her face as she sat back down and turned back toward Yohei, taking a sandwich out of the bag. [Y/n] just smiled softly before turning on his heel with Flor right beside him.

"Are you sure that we should leave her there alone?" Flor asked worriedly, glancing back at the girl who was slowly starting to grow on him, despite their initial encounter.

"It's her decision if she wants to be alone." [Y/n] replied with a shrug. He was content with just getting her to agree to eat. Flor still seemed unsure but decided to trust his Tamer's judgement. The pair continued their journey back to the hotel in content silence. When they finally arrived back at the room, Flor was quick to run up to Kuro and start playing again. [Y/n] chuckled at the pair's antics as he turned back to his two friends.

"How'd it go?" Rin asked, putting his phone away.

"She says we don't need to come out there yet." [Y/n] replied, slipping his sandals off.

"She's gotta be hungry by now." Shima commented, flipping through the magazine he was reading. [Y/n] stretched out his back before seating himself on the floor by the table.

"I gave her something to eat." [Y/n] replied, earning a nod of understanding from the other two.

"Don't you think it's kinda weird?" Shima asked, earning looks of confusion and curiosity from the other two as they waited for him to elaborate. "I mean, it's not like her to get so worried over someone else." He explained, putting his chin in his palm as he sprawled himself out across the ground. [Y/n] just shrugged. That was just how Kamiki was. He wasn't going to say anything about how Kamiki was actually feeling about all of this. What he had just learned stayed between the two of them. "She seems to like you more than anyone else, though." Shima commented, giving [Y/n] a sly smirk and a suggestive eyebrow wiggle. [Y/n]'s eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What makes you say that?"

"Because it's obvious." Shima replied, snickering to himself while [Y/n] just stared at him in confusion. Kamiki talked to him because he talked to her. That was really it. Of course, there was also the whole 'ghoul-shirt-olive-branch' situation but that was beside the point. "You're the only one she willingly talks to and you actually managed to get her to eat." Shima continued, suddenly gaining Rin's attention as the navy-haired boy subtly flinched. "Is there something going on behind the scenes?" He asked teasingly, making kissing noises while [Y/n] rolled his eyes. That was definitely not the case. Neither of them noticed Rin's hands suddenly ball into fists at the comment.

"No. We're just friends." [Y/n] answered, rolling his eyes at the accusation. Kamiki had told him who she liked because she needed his advice and he was the only one she actually talked to in the class. And the person she liked was most certainly not [Y/n].

"So you admit that you're friends!" Shima exclaimed, smiling like he had just cracked open some unsolvable case.

"Yeah? What's wrong with that?" [Y/n] asked, beyond confused by Shima's 'logic'.

"You're so oblivious!" Shima laughed, slapping his knee. "Right, Okumura?" He asked through a fit of giggles. [Y/n] was expecting some cheeky or sarcastic comment from the demi-demon but was instead met with complete silence. Shima seemed just as shocked as the two turned toward their friend. "Okumura?" He asked, his tone suddenly concerned. The teen still didn't respond. Now [Y/n] was worried.

"Rin?" [Y/n] asked, worried by the lack of response. Looking closely, [Y/n] could see that Rin's hands were balled into tight fists, he was glaring down at his knee, his teeth were gritted together and his toes were dug harshly into the wooden decking of the balcony. Something was definitely wrong. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Rin snapped, turning back to face the landscape. [Y/n] and Shima shared a confused look before turning back to their friend. Meanwhile, Rin's mind was racing. What was it? Why did he feel... angry? No that wasn't it... Something else... They were talking about [Y/n] and Kamiki and it just felt... bad? Why?

"Are you sure?" [Y/n] asked worriedly, taking a nervous step toward Rin.

"Yeah." Rin replied coldly, not even looking back. [Y/n]'s hand slowly dropped to his side as he nodded sadly, looking back to Shima in an attempt to distract himself. Rin acting like that had a weird effect on him. Of course, he'd feel bad if someone spoke like that to him but, with Rin, it was different. Like it... hurt more...

"Anyway, I know Kamiki has a thing for someone else." [Y/n] announced, turning not to think about Rin's sudden mode change. As the words left his lips, both Shima and Rin suddenly looked up. Rin's scorn suddenly disappeared, replaced by a shocked expression.

"Who?" Shima asked excitedly, desperate for some gossip. [Y/n] rolled his eyes.

"None of your business."

"[Y/n]!" Flor suddenly yelled, gaining [Y/n] and Rin's attention. [Y/n] turned to see his familiar and Rin's both nervously looking out at the balcony. "It's here!" Flor panicked and [Y/n] paled.

"What?!" [Y/n] explained as he sprinted over to the balcony, Rin and Shima hot on his heels. As the trio looked out at the sea, they saw a gigantic white squid getting closer and closer to the village.

"Let's go!" Rin ordered and the other two nodded in agreement. The trio quickly grabbed their shoes and weapons and sprinted out of the hotel and toward the pier. When they arrived, they were glad to see that Yohei was nowhere in sight. But neither was Kamiki.

"I-It really is a demon!" Shima paled, looking up at the Kraken in terror. It was a hell of a lot bigger than he thought it would be. "Where's Captain Nemo when you need him?!"

"Whatever! Just read the Sutra!" Rin snapped.

"It's not a Sutra! It's an Aria!" Shima snapped back. "W-Wait! What are you gonna do?!"

"I haven't figured that out yet. But we have to stop it or it'll destroy the village." Rin replied, looking around in the vain hopes of finding some idea he could use. When he found nothing, he turned to [Y/n]. "Can you cover us?" He asked.

"Already on it." [Y/n] replied, holding up his weapon. He slung the empty case over his shoulder as he took aim at the Kraken, preparing to fire in case Shima failed. "Remember, there's also that kid. He could get hurt if he tries anything." [Y/n] warned and the other two nodded in agreement.

"Right... Here goes nothing..." Shima begrudgingly agreed, putting one foot on a nearby railing as he closed his eyes and began to recite one of the possible fatal verses. "Then, with the eyes of your hearts enlightened, you will know the hope to which he has called you, the glory that is his inheritance among the saints of the unlimited greatness." All three of them gulped nervously when the demon didn't even flinch at Shima's attempt. "O-Of his power for us who believe-"

"It's not working!" [Y/n] cut him off anxiously, watching as the Kraken completely ignored the three of them.

"Maybe it's because squids can't hear!" Shima snapped, taking a nervous step back.

"What are you talking about?! Can't you see that thing's got ginormous ears?!" Rin argued, pointing up at the two huge fins that protruded out from the top of the Kraken's head. [Y/n] and Shima deadpanned.

"You're joking, right?" [Y/n] asked, silently begging that it was a joke and Rin wasn't actually that stupid. It proved to be the latter when Rin just stared at [Y/n] in confusion. An irk mark appeared on the side of [Y/n]'s head.

"Those aren't ears, they're fins, man!" Shima snapped and Rin went wide-eyed.

"They are? Really?" He questioned, genuinely shocked by the information. [Y/n] and Shima sweatdropped at his obliviousness. Before any of them could say anything else, a giant tentacle came crashing down at them.

"Shit!" [Y/n] cursed as the three boys and two familiars quickly jumped back off the pier, landing on the nearby sand as the Kraken raised its tentacle, preparing to strike again. As they landed, [Y/n] brushed the sand off of Sema's barrel. "Okay, Kuro and Flor can't handle this so it's up to us." He announced and the other two turned to him in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Flor's a close-combat demon, water means an almost certain loss. And if Kuro tries to bite that thing, it'll leave him paralysed." [Y/n] explained, desperately trying to think of a way they could hold off the beast.

"Krakens can cause paralysis?!" Rin exclaimed and [Y/n]'s eye twitched.

"All squids can if cats eat them raw!" He snapped, causing Rin to sink back in embarrassment. [Y/n] gritted his teeth as he aimed turned toward Flor. "Do you think a howl will do anything?" He asked and the familiar looked at him like he had ten heads.

"Unless that 'anything' is 'push it back further into the water and use up both of our energy', then no!" The familiar replied sarcastically, practically rolling his eyes at the thought. This thing was clearly stronger than the demon they fought on the roof and it was in its optimal environment. There was no way his howl would be enough to completely take it down. [Y/n] sneered as he aimed Sema toward the beast. The second his finger touched the trigger, the Kraken was assaulted with a volley of powerful energy blasts. The demon screamed in pain as [Y/n]'s attack crashed against its outer skin. Rin and Shima cheered as the Kraken moved back.

"Nice shooting!"

"I can't keep this up forever!" [Y/n] yelled, his concern rapidly growing as he realised that only a few of the countless shots he was firing were actually breaking that thing's skin. "If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!" He announced, willing Sema briefly before it began to overheat.

"What about that giant laser you shot before?!" Rin suggested, causing Shima to raise an eyebrow in confusion. [Y/n] shook his head.

"Last time I used it, I was able to aim and swing up and avoid hitting anything." [Y/n] started, thinking back to the fight against Neuhaus. Rin's hopeful expression quickly dropped. "Here, we're surrounded by buildings, the pier and the lighthouse. Not to mention, that thing is way bigger than the other demon. I won't be able to kill that thing without destroying the surrounding area." [Y/n] explained, gritting his teeth in frustration as he looked back up at the giant demon that they somehow had to beat. As the trio quickly ran out of ideas, a familiar voice called out to them.

"Where's Yohei?!" Kamiki asked frantically, running toward the group. The trio's eyes went wide when they heard that he wasn't with her. "Did he come this way?!"

"No! We don't know where he is!"

"Oh no, don't tell me he got lost again." She breathed out, looking around for any sign of the boy. When saw that the other three clearly had no luck against that thing she groaned and turned back toward the Kraken. "That settles it! It's up to me!" She announced confidently, taking her summoning paper out of her pocket.

"Hang on!" [Y/n] yelled as Kamiki started walking toward the Kraken.

"I humbly appeal to thee, oh Goddess Inari-"

"Watch out!" [Y/n] cut her off as he ran forward and tackled her to the ground, narrowly managing to save her from the Kraken's attack as it brought its tentacle down, creating a wave of water that soaked [Y/n] and Kamiki.

"I can't summon them!" Kamiki panicked, holding up the two pieces of soaked paper. [Y/n] cursed under his breath as he dug through his pockets only to see that his spare papers were wet too. Just as the demon was about to strike again, a metal spike suddenly flew through the sky and impaled it in the head. The Exwires froze in shock.

"A harpoon?!" [Y/n] yelled, looking up in bewilderment as the Kraken screamed in pain. The sound of a motor suddenly gained all of the students' attention as they whipped their heads toward the water. When they did, their eyes went wide.

"It's Yohei!" Kamiki exclaimed, concern filling her as she watched the boy aim another harpoon at the Kraken while trying to steer his speedboat at the same time. In an instant, Rin took off toward the pier.

"Wait, where's he going?!" Shima panicked. [Y/n] didn't respond. instead, he took off after Rin. "Not you too!" Shima yelled but was blatantly ignored. As [Y/n] ran after Rin, the navy-haired boy timed back to him.

"I'm going after the kid! I need you to keep the demon busy!" He announced and [Y/n] nodded, watching Rin dive into the water.

"On it!" [Y/n] agreed, raising Sema again. As the demon raised its tentacle in preparation to strike, [Y/n] released another barrage of shots at it to draw its attention. Despite his efforts, [Y/n] couldn't draw the Kraken's full attention and it still managed to aim for Rin and Yohei. With one swing, it completely destroyed the boat. "Damn it!" [Y/n] cursed as Rin and Yohei suddenly disappeared from his sight. He knew that they were both okay, he saw them jump out of the boat just in time, but he still couldn't see them. Just as he prepared another shot, an unfamiliar voice called out.

"Ahoy!" Someone yelled from the distance behind the Kraken. [Y/n]'s eyebrows furrowed in suspicion. "Ahoy! Ahoy!" The call continued. Slowly, the Kraken moved out of the way and [Y/n] saw a man standing on a wooden raft, slowly floating toward them. "Yohei! Yohei!" The man called out and [Y/n]'s eyes widened in shock. Was that Yohei's father?

"Dad!" Yohei's excited vice confirmed his theory as he watched the boy frantically swim toward his father. As he did, the Kraken suddenly stopped attacking. [Y/n] slowly lowered Sema, confused by what was happening. He was pulled from his thoughts when Rin swam up beside him, trying to climb back onto the pier. [Y/n] crouched down and offered him a helping hand that Rin instantly accepted.

"You okay?" [Y/n] asked, watching the soaking-wet male nod as he tried to shake off some of the water.

"Yeah, thanks for the help." Rin replied with a small smile. [Y/n] returned the gesture. Remembering how he acted in the room, Rin let out a strained sigh. "Sorry about earlier." Rin apologised, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

"It's fine but are you okay? Is something wrong?" [Y/n] replied, concern obvious in his tone. Rin gulped nervously. He didn't even know the answer to that.

"It's nothing... Just a weird mood..." Rin assured awkwardly, looking away with the finest blush on his face. [Y/n] raised an eyebrow in confusion. Before either of them could say anything else, Shima and Kamiki ran back onto the pier to join them.

"Why did it stop?!"

"What's going on?!"

"The kid's dad came back." Rin answered, looking over at the father and son as they embraced each other on the makeshift raft.

"He what?!" Kamiki exclaimed, watching as the father and son made their way back to the end of the pier. As the pair reached dry land, the Kraken suddenly turned back toward the sea and began to swim off. "It's leaving?!" Kamiki yelled, watching wide-eyed as the beast just casually took off like nothing had happened. Her classmates were just as shocked as she was.

"Good work, everyone." A familiar voice suddenly praised. All four students whipped their heads back to see their teacher walking toward them while fanning himself.

"Hey, Sidebur- Mr Tsubaki, where have you been?" Rin asked, quickly correcting himself before he got into trouble.

"Well, I wasn't sure if it was a Kraken, but I knew that, if it turned out it was, we'd need a proper strategy to fight it." Tsubaki began and the Exwires nodded in agreement. That much was obvious. "Then, I discovered that there wasn't any real danger." Tsubaki explained with a small smile and a shrug. Suddenly losing the agreement of his students as they stared at him dumbfounded.

"You know that it tried to kill us, right?" [Y/n] asked, completely deadpan while the others nodded along with his claim. The two familiars by their legs looked equally annoyed. Tsubaki just waved him off before gesturing toward the scene in front of them.

"I tried, but I couldn't figure out how to get back." Yohei's father began, looking down at his son as he explained his adventure. "I made it to a deserted island and stayed there for a bit then struck out to sea again. I floated around and tried to find Japan with the help of that squid - that thing's got no sense of direction." He explained, muttering the last part.

"But I thought that squid was your enemy!" Yohei argued, pointing off toward the Kraken as it swam away.

"Yohei, my boy, you need to learn to be more flexible." The boy's father began, putting a hand on his son's shoulder as he spoke. "That's what I realised during our battle - be like the squid! He's flexible in mind, body and soul! He tired over a new leaf, so why can't we all?" He exclaimed, pointing to the sky passionately while everyone else watched on in bewilderment.

"But you said that once a man decides to do something, he's gotta follow through with it!" Yohei shot back.

"Yohei! Enough!" The man snapped, shaking his head in disappointment. "Be like the flavour of squid sashimi!" He exclaimed, nodding as if he had just said something incredibly profound. The Exwires sweatdropped at his order.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"You think I know?"

"A man must also have to courage to change his mind! That's what being a man is all about!" Yohei's dad announced proudly while the Exwires just watched his lunacy from the sides, silently questioning why they were still watching.

"Oh, okay!" Yohei agreed excitedly, instantly dropping his previous claim about setting his mind to something. "You know, I think I'm way more mature now because of this!" He announced and Shima, Kamiki and [Y/n] all simultaneously sweatdropped.

"Oh, god..." Kamiki breathed out, almost feeling sick just from watching.

"I'm losing brain cells just listening to this shit." [Y/n] sighed, his eye twitching in irritation.

"C'mere! Yohei!" The man yelled, pounding his chest triumphantly.

"Dad!" Yohei cried, jumping into his father's arms as he enveloped him in a hug. [Y/n], Shima and Kamiki all sweatdropped at the weird dynamic the two had. A faint sniffling from his left perked [Y/n]'s interest. As he slowly tied to Rin, [Y/n] saw him wiping his nose while tears brimmed in his eyes.

"That's so awesome!" Rin cried, wiping his tears as he watched the 'touching' reunion. His classmates just stared at him in bewilderment.

"Seriously?"

"Even demons can have a change of heart." Tsubaki spoke up, putting his hands on his hips as his students all turned to him. "That's what I was trying to teach you." He explained, releasing a breath of content as he turned back to the scene in front of him. "That alone made the trip out here worth it." He finished, crossing his arms loudly over his chest. Rin continued to cry quietly at the father-son reunion, Shima sighed and shook his head, [Y/n] threw his head back and groaned, and Kamiki fell to her knees and yelled at the sky.

"That's total bs..."

"I hate this school!"

"This sucks!"

~*~

"Well, that was a load of crap." Rin complained, sighing as he sat on the railings while they waited for the bus back to True Cross. Because, of course, Mr Tsubaki got to drive back in his car and they had to take the bus.

"Tell me about it." [Y/n] agreed, kicking the ground beneath his feet out of boredom. At least he got to spend some time with the others. But still... Just as Shima was about to give his input, he noticed Yohei running toward them.

"Hey, it's that kid." Shima announced, pointing at the brunette who seemed to be accompanied by small samoyed. Kamiki hopped off of the railing and jogged over to him to see what he was doing. [Y/n] followed after her. But only to see the dog, of course.

"Come to say goodbye?" Kamiki asked and she and [Y/n] stopped in front of the boy. Yohei nodded in confirmation. "Is your dog feeling better?" She asked and Yohei nodded, crouching down and putting his arm around the pup.

"Yeah, this is Shiro." Yoehi beamed as the dog wagged his tail, excited by the attention. [Y/n]'s gaze softened at the name. The same as Rin's father. Go figure. "Look at his eyebrows! Aren't they cute?!" He asked, holding the dog up so they could see. Kamiki raised a confused eyebrow before she suddenly paled and completely froze. [Y/n]'s eyebrows furrowed in concern as he looked from his friend to the dog. When he did, he noticed a pair of tiny and thick black eyebrows that looked strikingly similar to a certain purple-haired girl's. In an instant, he was howling with laughter.

"Holy shit, Kamiki! The dog looks just like y-" His laughter was cut off by a yell of pain when Kamiki decked him right in the nose without even looking at him. "S-Sorry..." [Y/n] apologised, looking away while holding his nose as blood profusely poured from it. He knew he deserved it. Yohei stared at Kamiki in shock at her sudden outburst. Before he could say anything, the sound of an engine drew nearer and nearer.

"The bus is here! We're leaving now, goodbye!" Kamiki announced frantically, grabbing [Y/n]'s shoulder and dragging him back to their two classmates, leaving Yohei by himself, confused by what he had just seen. When they reached the bus stop, Shima and Rin paled at the sight of blood dripping down [Y/n]'s face.

"What happened to you?" Rin asked worriedly, handing [Y/n] a tissue that he had in his pocket. [Y/n] gratefully accepted it.

"He's an asshole." Kamiki scoffed, storming passed the trio as the bus stopped in front of them. The three boys slowly and nervously followed her up the steps and took their seats on the otherwise empty bus. [Y/n] sat behind Kamiki while Rin and Shima sat behind him. The Exwires sat in complete silence as they waited for the bus to depart, none of them knowing what to talk about. Just as the engine roared to life and they started moving, Kamiki let out a quiet chuckle. [Y/n] just raised an eyebrow in confusion while the other two gasped loudly like idiots. The second they did, Kamiki whipped back to face them. "What?"

"O-Oh, nothing..." Shima stuttered out, putting his hands in front of him defensively. "Just wondering what's so funny is all." Shima said awkwardly, trying very carefully not to piss her off. [Y/n] snickered as he shot Kamiki a teasing look.

"That dog's-"

"I will reach back there!" Kamiki cut him off angrily and [Y/n] shrunk back in his seat, muttering a scared apology while shielding his face. Kamiki let out an annoyed sigh as she shook her head. "What else can I do but laugh? This trip was the most ridiculous thing ever!" She complained and the other three sweatdropped but nodded nevertheless.

"Yeah... I guess you have a point there..."

"Well, whatever, at least it's over." [Y/n] spoke up, earning a collective murmur of agreement from the other three.

"I wish we could've spent some more time on the beach." Rin complained, dropping his head as he watched the sunny beach continue to pass by through the window.

"We could always come back with the rest of the class." [Y/n] suggested, shrugging his shoulders. The two boys instantly perked up at the idea.

"Great idea! Let's all plan a class trip together sometime!" Shima announced, nodding his head frantically.

"Totally!" Rin cheered excitedly, his eyes sparkling at the thought. [Y/n] couldn't help but chuckle at Rin's adorable reaction. Then he immediately looked away with a faint blush on his cheeks when he realised he just thought Rin was adorable. Thankfully, the two boys didn't seem to notice. He quickly shook his head as he tried to take his mind off of it.

"What about you?" [Y/n] asked quietly, leaning forward so they could talk in private. Kamiki scoff at the question.

"Why should I?" She asked, turning her nose up at the idea. A sly smile crossed [Y/n]'s face.

"You can invite her~" [Y/n] announced and Kamiki's face instantly turned red. She quickly turned away and remained completely silent as [Y/n] watched the blush on her ears get darker and darker. After a moment of silence, Kamiki muttered out a single, very angry word.

"Fine."

"Great." [Y/n] replied with a smile, leaving back and putting his arms behind his head as he stared out at the beautiful seaside as it zoomed past them as they drove. A content smile crept onto his face. Maybe the trip wasn't a total waste of time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 7.1K 48
Kill a demon. That was the only instruction given to Class 1-A before the students were sent on a mission to a school none of them have ever heard of...
146K 3.8K 33
y/n, a new ex-wire in True Cross Academy, meets every possible personality there. But can't get whats different about Rin and his younger brother, Yu...
2.3K 59 19
After being sent into a highly ranked mission, Rin is abducted into the depths of Gehenna. Yukio has made up his mind to pursue the devil at all cost...
9.9K 303 15
this is unedited btw ☽︎ "Rin, is true that you have been sneaking in and out of campus?" All eyes landed on Rin. They bore into his soul. "True," Rin...