The Mind Behind The Beanie ||...

By queen_of_tlos

"Oh, Conner- I forgot I had something I was going to ask you," Bree said. His answer surprised her. "Ask me... More

Author Note
7th Grade Sucks
7th Grade Doesn't Suck That Much
Fairy Unexpected
Germany
The Plane Truth
Actually in Germany
Suspicions Begin
Cemetery
More Suspicions Begin
A Late Night Walk to the Graves
Learning The Real Truth
Escaping the Clutches of Life
Learning the Whole Backstory
Finding the South Bank Lion
First Sighting of Magic
What the Lion Has to Share
Stealing a Grandmother
The Lumiere des Etoiles Casino
The Vault
Getting to Neuschwanstein
Meeting Emmerich Himmelbach
The Castle
The Portal
The Land of Stories
Talking With Emmerich
Preparations for War
More Preparations for War
The Secret Path
The Enemy Introduced
Captivity and Maybe, Freedom? (End of the 3rd Book!)
A/N (IMPORTANT)
The Gang Regroups Again, but Under More Serious Conditions (5th Book!)
New Book Idea!
Bree Back in Action (6th Book!)
Playlist!
Figuring It Out and Getting There, or, At Least Trying
Sneaking Through An Airport and Other Illegal Sports
Sidewalks, Slums, and the City
Conner's Officially Dumb Again
You Never Know What People Know
The Circular Door in the Ceiling
Uh, oh...
Uh, oh...pt. 2
Saving The World pt. 1000
New Cover Ideas!!!
Alex Goes Berzerk
Vines, Vines, Vines
The End

Destruction

281 4 8
By queen_of_tlos

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

We finished off the gingerbread soldiers quick enough, too quickly for me, ad met up as the Fairy Council finished the witches. 

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

Conner and I asked each other at the same time. He blushed as I laughed. 

"But..." he said. "Seriously, are you alright? Did you get hurt?" He still was blushing as he said the words.

"I'm fine," I said, not laughing anymore.  He sounded genuinely concerned and caring, it threw me off. 

"Whew," Conner said and sat down to watch the fight. I sat down next to him. As we watched the Fairy Council fit the witches, I wished I could help, but I knew it was best for us to stay where we were. 

"I wish my sister could control this, this," Conner said, grasping for words. "This curse."

I just sat there.  I didn't know what I could do to help him.  Give him a hug? That probably would result in more blushing. But before I could fail at saying the right thing, he continued speaking. 

"She's always been stronger when it came to things like this," he said. 

"Has there ever been a 'something like this'?" I asked patiently, knowing the answer.

"Yes- well, no," Conner answered.  "I just thought she could handle something like this.  Especially this."

"I understand...," I said.  No, I didn't.  I didn't even know what it was like to have a nice sibling.  Not even that. 

"I'm sorry," Conner said, his head in his hands. "I should never have dragged you into this when we were 13."

"Actually, I was the one to insist on coming along, so if we're going to blame someone, it's me."

"I guess that's true," Conner said, and I could see a smile blooming on his cute face. I mean, face.  Just face.

"I was the one to barge into the men's restroom and listen in on your conversation with Mother Goose.  I was the one to help us sneak out of the airport.  I was the one to navigate when we rode our bikes from Munich. I was the one to help search in the vault. I was the one to help get to Alex."

"Are you just naming all your accomplishments during that trip?" Conner asked, his face fully visible now, beaming.

"Maybe," I said slowly and he nudged my shoulder. I laughed and nudged him back. He laughed, a sweet sound that fit his cute personality and stopped. 

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

Rook had died.  The boy from the secret path had died.  He had taken the bullet for Alex and saved her life, taking his instead. It was a heart-wrenching scene.  Movie worthy. Definitely. 

Unfortunately, this made Alex spiral into a crazy person.  She had clapped her hands above her, and a spiral the color of the light Milky Way appeared, sucking her and the lion statues into it and taking them across New York City.  Another unfortunate thing was that with most of the witches defeated, there was no one to control Alex. She was a free spirit of destruction loose in NYC. 

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

THANKS FOR READING!!!
BYE BOOK-HUGGERS!!!
TLOSGEEK2-OUT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 7.3K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
30.6K 370 12
This is a Reboot of my original, a continuation from my original reasons of a reboot was simply cause I didn't like how it is and cannot be change an...
272K 6.4K 40
(F/N) doesn't remember where he came from, he doesn't even know anything about the world. Events get set in motion after Ozpin, Glynda, and Qrow find...
3.7K 606 34
A Fairytale Princess who has a penchant for getting into trouble. A Steampunk Inventor with a keen mind and mysterious origin. What will happen when...