𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 | ⁽ᴺⁱⁿʲᵃᵍᵒ ˣ...

By FoxInWhite

GENDERNEUTRAL READER INSERT 𝙕𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙮𝙣𝙚 (𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣): 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 �... More

-𝟛》𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕤, 𝕀𝕟𝕗𝕠 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℝ𝕦𝕝𝕖𝕤
-𝟚》ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕟𝕤
-𝟙》ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥
𝔽𝔸ℂ𝔼ℂ𝕃𝔸𝕀𝕄𝕊 (𝕆ℂ'𝕤)
𝟘》ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝟙》ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕟𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤

2K 53 82
By FoxInWhite

Season one, episode one
Rise of the Snakes

Subitaneous (adjective) : sudden; taking place unexpectedly; ready for immediate development

~~~~

6,3k words

Key
Y/n = your name
N/n = your nickname
D/n = your dragons name

~~~~

Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago using five elemental weapons. But when he passed, a dark presence sought out to collect them all: Lord Garmadon. So I, Sensei Wu, his brother, sought out to find five ninja to collect them first.

~~~~

Walking in the forest, you enjoy the sound of nothing but birds chirping and leaves crunching under your feet.

Taking in a deep breath you feel the cold air stinging in your nose. You wish that it could be like this forever; peaceful. But you doubt it would.

I mean, yes, Lord Garmadon had been gone for a while and everything had been quiet around, but whenever you thought about the peace staying you got this weird sense in your stomach. Like darkness was swirling around in circles inside you, threatening to consume your whole inside.

A shudder went down your spine like someone trailed their cold fingers along it.

Did the wind just get colder? And had the birds suddenly left or something? It was awfully quiet, and everything looked darker.

Maybe it was time to head back.

Turning on your heels, you head straight back to the Monastery, suddenly feeling really exposed and watched in the forest.

You wrap your arms around yourself and pull your shoulders up, quickening your pace. Once you arrive at the giant mountain, you start walking up the stairs.

"One, two, three," you count each step as you go up higher and higher like you usually do, releasing a breath when you get back into your usual routine, feeling a bit better.

Skipping stair number fifteen and twenty-one because they creak, you start jogging up the stairs. The mountain was ridiculously high, and once you were above the clouds you closed your eyes for a second.

It was colder up here and sometimes your breath turned in vague puffs of condense, but nevertheless you felt more calm. The creepy feeling had gone away and you no longer felt like you were being watched, as if the clouds protected you from whoever or whatever it was that gave you that feeling.

Finally reaching the top, you set your shoulder against the giant gate door and push it open. The training ground wasn't put up, the training equipment still hiding underneath the stone floor, waiting to be activated.

With big steps you walk inside, rolling your eyes once you hear the loud noises your friends were making, probably playing a video game. Ignoring them, you walk to your room to get changed into your ninja gi.

It was practically the same as those of your friends, the only real difference being the color and dragon design on the front. The color was a deep purple, with the seams and stitches black for detail. The dragon head was stitched in a shiny black thread on your chest. It had its mouth open in a snarl, spitting out a round ball with smoke coming off it, representing your element: time.

Walking out of your room, you follow the sound of your friends playing video games.

You find them indeed sitting in front of the gaming console, smashing buttons on the controller.

"Watcha playin?" You ask.

"Immortals Ninja Rising," Kai says, his eyes glued to the screen. "Wanna join? We're at a checkpoint anyways."

"Sure," you say. Dropping down next to them, you attach a controller and join them.

After playing for a while, you were hunched over, eyes squinted and fingers rapidly moving over the buttons and joystick.

"Fire strike! Isn't that the greatest move you've ever seen?" Kai yells out, making you flinch slightly at his loud voice.

"Stop trying to do it yourself. We need to attack as a team." Cole says, punching the giant cyclone on the screen.

"Zane, don't waste your special attack on me!" You groan, kicking Zane back as he attacks you. "You have to save it."

"Fantastic!" Jay throws his controller away and falls down on his back. "I'm out of lives!"

"But the lesson lives on, and I'm getting the hang of it!" Zane exclaims, now attacking the cyclone.

"Okay, we need to all attack on three." Cole says. "And... now!" Just as you were all about to take down the boss, the television screen goes black.

You all groan, looking at Sensei Wu who was standing next to it, plug in his hand.

"Seriously?!"

"What happened?"

"It took us ages to get there!"

"Why would you do that, why?!"

As they all protest, you slowly put the controller down. Sensei didn't seem too pleased, so you decided to just shut up instead of making things worse.

"Just because Lord Garmadon escaped through a vortex doesn't mean he won't return one day for the Golden Weapons!" Sensei says harshly. You glance at your golden staff, which is leaning against the wall in the corner.

"But Sensei Wu," Zane says calmly. "Ever since Garmadon is gone, Ninjago has been at nothing but peace."

"And peace is boring!" Jay says. "There's nothing to do! No one to save!"

Cole lays down on his back. "We can train tomorrow."

"Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today." Sensei says, folding his hands behind his back.

Cole picks up a slice of pizza. "Well I was going to eat this pizza tomorrow, but if that's the case..."

Sensei kicks his hand, the pizza flying away. "No pizza for you!"

"Hey!"

"In order to reach your full potential you must train," He points at us.

"Remember that little thing we did called the Tornado of Creation?" Kai says, waving his hand around in circular motions. "Yeah, that was pretty insane if you ask me."

Sensei sighs. "You five have merely scratched the surface of your full potential. There are still so many secrets to unlock. You still have parts of yourself to face. You haven't even begun to tap into what powers your Golden Weapons hold."

"You wanna talk secret powers?" Cole says, picking up his golden scythe. "Check this out!" Using his scythe, Cole reaches out to the plug that was laying on the ground, picks it up and pushes it back into the wall making the tv-screen light up again.

Your friends start cheering and pick up the controllers again to start playing, but you lean back, resting on your elbows while frowning. Sensei was right.

"Don't worry master," Zane says. "We will be ready when Lord Garmadon returns."

Suddenly, Nya runs into the room.

"Guys!" They say, placing their hands on their knees and hunching over, out of breath. "It's Lord Garmadon! He's returned!"

Everyone turns their heads towards them so fast it's a miracle no one broke their necks.

"He was spotted approaching Jamanakai Village!" Nya exclaims.

You jump up and snatch your weapon, almost running into the wall on your way out.

Rushing out, the rest follows shortly after you. You go outside, running down the stairs that lead to the stables and quickly head over to your dragon.

Opening their cabinet you give them a pat on the head. They rumble lowly.

"Hey," You scratch them on the nose, swiftly climbing on their back and grabbing the reins. Looking at the others, you see they're also finally sitting on their dragons. "Let's go!"

You all take flight, and you wave at Nya before they're too far away to see.

You give a tug at the rein, giving your dragon a pat on their neck to urge them. Shooting upwards through the clouds, you can't help but let out a little laugh. You hadn't gone flying in a while, and now that you could feel the wind on your face you realise how much you had missed it.

"You know," Jay says, floating besides you. "Maybe Sensei is onto something. Since we got these Golden Weapons, it's not like we got to use them." Jay takes out his nunchucks. "I wonder what they do."

"I, for one, look forward to the future," Zane says, flying down next to Jay. "If there is more for us to accomplish, let it be."

"I don't know about you guys," Cole flies up next to Kai, now all of you flying in a row. "But is anyone else a little bit excited about facing Lord Garmadon?"

You shake your head, chuckling a bit. "Why would you be excited to face him?"

"I've been looking forward to trying out these new Spinjitzu moves." Cole does some weird hand movements. "Could be the perfect opportunity."

You see Jamanakai Village in the distance.

"Race you there!" Kai yells, suddenly shooting forward.

"Bet!" You give a hard tug at the rein and flying out in front of Kai

"Last one there is a boiled egg!" Jay laughs.

The others start catching up with you, all of you trying to get there first. Landing on the ground, you cheer.

"I won!"

"No you didn't!" Kai yells out, jumping off Flame. "I was first."

"No! No one was faster than me!" Jay exclaims.

"My feet were down before yours!" Cole says.

"You are clearly delusional. It was me!" Zane butts in.

"SSHH!" You shush, making them shut up. "You hear that?"

Screams are heard in the distance. Not wasting any longer, you all run to the village.

The people were all running away, screaming their heads off and flapping their arms around. Rushing into their houses or shops, they throw the doors shut.

An evil laugh is heard, and you all skid to a stop when you see a big shadow appearing behind the water fountain.

But as it got closer, the laughing got higher, and the shadow got... smaller?

A little boy around the age of 12 appears from behind the fountain, a smirk on his face.

"It is I, Lloyd Garmadon!" He yells in a high pitched voice. "I demand all the candy in town, or else!" Lloyd scrambles on top of the brim of the fountain.

You tilt your head to the side in confusion.

"Lloyd Garmadon?" Jay asks, just as confused. "I thought we were going to face Lord Garmadon!"

"It's his... son." Cole says slowly.

"Isn't he supposed to be at some boarding school?" You ask, scratching your upper arm.

"He must have escaped again. And to think we could be doing some cool Spinjitzu moves!" Cole wines.

The villagers start to look outside, seeing that there was, in fact, no threat.

"Give... give me all the candy!" Lloyd repeats, stuttering a bit. "Or else I'll release the Serpentine on you!"

The villagers start booing, but Lloyd takes out a can of peanuts. Opening it, rubber snakes pop out. One lands in front of your feet, and you pick it up.

"Terrifying." You say without any emotion in your voice, holding the snake up to Jay who starts snickering.

The villagers take out old vegetables and start throwing them at Lloyd. You cringe as a rotten tomato hits him in the head.

"NO! I said candy! Not vegetables!" Lloyd ducks down. "I hate vegetables!"

Kai takes the rubber snake from you. "He's going to need a lot more than an old bedtime story to scare people." He drops the snake on the ground.

"The Serpentine are real, Kai." Zane says, shaking his head. "They are not something you should joke about."

"The Serpentine? Real?" Kai scoffs. "Are we talking about the same ancient race of snake people who once ruled Ninjago and were supposedly locked underground?"

"Sealed in five seperated tombes to separate the warring tribes and ensure they don't unify to exact their revenge upon those who put them there?" Jay finishes, his voice getting louder the more he says.

Kai rolls his eyes at him. "It's an old wive's tale to teach kids not to put their noses where they don't belong." He pokes Jay in his shoulder. "Don't you think it's a little bit suspicious that no one ever found the tombs?"

"That's because you'd be crazy to look for one." You say, crossing your arms over your chest. Cole shudders.

"If there's anything I hate more than dragons, it's snakes." He says. "Rubber or not." He walks over to Lloyd and you all follow. Cole throws Lloyd over his shoulder, who throws the empty can at Jay and starts screaming in protest. "Don't worry folks! We'll take care of this! Nothing to see here!"

He walks away, ignoring Lloyd who was doing a poor job at hitting him.

"Let me go, or suffer my wrath!" He waits, but no one reacts to him. "I'll give you untill the count of three! One! Two!" Cole doesn't react.

"What are we supposed to do? Spank him?" Kai asks. You shrug your shoulders.

"Two and a half!"

"Take him to Sensei? Because he's his uncle and all?" No one seems to hear what you say, and you all continue to follow Cole.

"Two and three quarters!"

He walks up to a sign that was hanging off a shop. Hanging him up on his collar, Lloyd starts to kick more roughly.

"Uhm, what are you doing?" You ask him over Lloyds shouting.

"Punishing him."

You shake your head. "Isn't this a little extreme? I mean, we're supposed to be the good guys, and hanging a kid-"

"He deserves it." Kai says. "He's Garmadon's son."

You look down. That's just wrong. It's not like he gets to choose who his father is.

Zane walks over to a little candy stall, paying for a small bag of candy. He hands it out between the five of you. You get handed a lollipop. Not taking the wrapper off, you watch the rest. No one has taken their mask off, since you had made a deal to try your best to keep you identity secret. So instead of eating the candy, they wave it around in front of the kid's face while making weird noises.

"You just made me your nemesis!" He yells angrily as the rest start walking away.

"Come on." Jay says to you.

"But guys..." You can't finish your sentence as Jay grabbed your arm and started pulling you along.

You sigh, deciding that protesting probably had no use as it was one against four.

Walking past a trash can, you throw your lollipop away.

Arriving at your dragons, you walk over to your dragon and untie their rein.

Behind you, you hear something falling on the ground. Turning around, you see a scroll laying on the ground underneath Kai, who was halfway on climbing on his dragon.

"This isn't mine." Kai says confused, getting down and grabbing the scroll.

Zane looks at the bag which the scroll fell out of. "That's Sensei's bag. You must have accidentally taken it in the rush."

You, Jay and Zane walk up to Kai as he opens the scroll.

"What is it?" Jay asks.

"It's a scroll, you dipshit." You say.

"I know that," He says, placing his hands on his hips. "I mean, what does it say? It's written in chicken scratch." He points to the text.

"It's not chicken scratch." Zane shakes his head. "It's the ancient language of our ancestors."

"Can you read it?" Kai asks.

"I can try." Zane grabs the scroll from Kai. "This symbol means prophecy."

"Prophecy?" Jay asks.

"It means it tells the future." You say, in a 'duh' tone.

"Of course, haha, I knew that."

Zane continues. "'One ninja will rise above the others and becomes the Green Ninja, the ninja destined to defeat the Dark Lord, and another will rise to be the Protector, the one destined to guard the savior.'"

"Hold on. A Protector?" You ask. Since when-

"Dark Lord?" Kai asks, interrupting your thoughts. "Do you think they mean Lord Garmadon? Wait, look, a picture! Is that us?"

You all look at the picture drawn at the bottom. There were six Ninja's: a blue, red, white, black and purple one surrounding a green one in the middle, who was drawn slightly bigger. You weren't sure, but you thought the purple one stood a little bit further from the rest, with some purple particles and black smoke coming from their hands and a dark shadow drawn behind them.

"Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?" Kai asks.

"That I'm going to look super cool in green?" Jay states.

Kai scoffs. "Isn't it obvious I'm the Green Ninja?"

"The color obviously suits me better."

"Technically, I am the best." Zane says.

You walk away, not wanting to stand in the middle of this fight. Standing next to Cole, you both watch them fight for a bit.

"Everyone, stop it!" Cole yells, walking over to them. "Remember why Sensei brought us together in the first place. We're a team. We weren't meant to see this and probably for a good reason." Cole grabs the scroll, rolls it back up and places it in the bag

You nod. "Let's head back." Walking over to your dragon, you hear everyone behind you talking about how they need to train, suddenly being interested in it.

You roll your eyes. Totally has nothing to do with the fact that they think they're going to be the Green Ninja.

You head off, all but one. Kai stays behind for a few seconds, seemingly lost in thought.

~~~~

Lloyd walks around on a big, snowy mountain, kicking a rock forward and leaving a trail of footprints behind as he angrily mumbles to himself.

"Stupid ninja," he kicks the rock forward. "I'll show them who they're dealing with."

Kicking the rock again, a clang of metal is heard. Lloyd gasps and rushes forward, falling to his knees where the rock landed. There was a giant metal circle on the ground, somewhat hidden by the snow. Lloyd wipes some snow away.

"What is this?" He whispers to himself. He looks up, seeing a lever in the shape of a snake sticking out of the ground. Hesitantly, Lloyd pulls it.

The ground starts to rumble, and the iron floor parts, slowly sliding open. Lloyd tries to back up, but he slips and falls into the darkness.

~~~~

You are suddenly snapped back to reality as someone yells your name.

"Huh, what?" You blink a couple of times, the vision fading away.

"We've been calling your name for ages. What's wrong?" Kai asks.

You shake your head. "I'm fine. Just... lost in thought." You lie.

"Okay?"

"Just... nevermind." You wave your hand, dismissing the subject.

Is that a rattling sound you heard in the distance?

You all land in your dragon's compartments, dismounting them. Jumping off yours, you give them a pet. You pull open a closet, grab a piece of meat and throw it at the dark purple dragon, who catches it with a happy look on their face.

"So we all agree, right?" Jay says as you all walk up the stairs. "The prophecy states that one of us will become the Green Ninja and the issue will not rest until it is decided."

Zane nods. "May I suggest a tournament? The last ninja standing is the best."

"And will be declared the Green Ninja! Brilliant!" Kai adds.

"How about the Protector?" You ask. Kai just shrugs.

"Who cares about the Protector when you can be the Green Ninja?"

You roll your eyes as you push the giant doors open, revealing Nya on the training course. They seemed to do pretty well, until they were knocked over by a spinning axe.

You rush to help Nya up, greeting them.

"H-hey Nya," Jay stutters. "Any closer to beating your brother's speed record?"

Nya smiles. "I'm getting there." They rub their head. "I heard about what happened at Jamanakai Village. Just a false alarm?"

"Yeah," Kai says. "But we're going to need the space. Sorry."

"Two matches!" Cole says excited. "Then those winners will go against Y/n and each other. The winner of the three gets the title for best ninja."

"Why do I go against the two winners?" You ask.

"Because we all know you can beat Cole in sparring." Jay whispers to you, just loud enough for Cole to hear.

"That's not true!" He yells at Jay, throwing a helmet at him, which hits him in the head.

"Is it, though?" He whimpers from the ground.

Cole ignored him. He holds up his golden scythe. "It's time to see what these baby's can do."

"Hey Nya," Kai says, already in full protection armor. "Wanna stay and watch me mop the floor with them?"

"Ha!" You let out a laugh. "In your dreams."

Nya shakes their head. "No thanks, as entertaining as that would be, I think I'll just visit Jamanakai Village."

You wave them goodbye, you sit down on the steps, placing your Golden Weapon and leather protection armor next to you.

Kai and Jay stand in front of each other, Cole in the middle.

"First up: Kai versus Jay." He says, walking backwards and sitting next to you and Zane.

Kai and Jay bow to each other, both taking a few steps back. They grab their weapons, and get in a fighting stance.

"Ninja go!" Cole yells.

Jay swings his nunchucks behind him, making electricity spark from them. They seem to get more and more, until Jay gets zapped by them. He yelps out in pain, lowering the nunchucks and looking at them confused.

Kai takes this to his advantage, and swings his sword at Jay and it collides with Jay's nunchucks, making a clattering sound.

The fight seems to be pretty equal, both of them lurking at each other, and dodging the other one's weapon. That is, until Kai shoots a fireball at Jay with his sword. Jay falls back, making Kai the winner of this round.

They both take their leather armor off, Jay sitting down on the steps with a defeated look on his face. You pat him on the back.

Cole and Zane both get up, putting the protection armor on and going to stand in front of each other.

"Next up:" Kai announces. "Cole versus Zane."

He pauses, taking a few steps back.

"Ninja go!"

Cole jumps at Zane, swinging his scythe at him. Zane manages to duck away in time, causing Cole to hit a training pillar instead, the sharp blade cutting clean through the wood.

He spins around, swiping his scythe at Zane multiple times, which he manages to block. Zane jumps up, landing behind Cole.

He concentrates before throwing one of his shurikens at Cole. Cole pushes it to the ground with his foot, but ice starts forming from it, freezing Cole's foot to the ground.

Zane uses the other shuriken to throw at Cole, but Cole deflects each hit. The ice keeps him stuck on one spot, but nonetheless he manages to use his scythe to trip Zane, making him the winner.

Zane takes off the armor, sitting down on the steps while you get up, putting the armor on.

You grab your staff and walk over to the middle of the training ground. You, Cole and Kai stand in a triangle, weapons at the ready.

"I am so going to win," Kai says. Cole scoffs.

"Remind me again who's the strongest ninja?" He says with a smirk. You let out a laugh.

"Remind me again who won in sparring last week?" You say, a smile playing on your lips.

"It was even!"

Kai shakes his head. "Nah, they definitely won that one."

Jay pretends to cough to make you stop bickering. Taking fighting stances again, you get ready.

"For the prize and title of best ninja," he says, bored and mad he didn't win. "Blah blah blah, ninja go."

Cole ignores Kai, setting his mind on taking you out first.

But as you already saw this coming, you're ready when he lurks himself at you. You tap your staff at the floor, a wave of purple flying over the ground. Cole slows down, his face dropping from a smug expression to a scared one. For him, it will feel like he is running through thick mud.

Because he is slowed down by your powers, he can't react very quick. Taking this to your advantage, you twist your body out of the way, making him go past you. Lifting your powers, you kick his legs from underneath him, and slam your staff on his back making him collapse to the ground.

He tries to get up, but you push him back on the ground with the tip of your staff.

"Cole's out!"

You smirk, but are immediately thrown to the ground. You grunt, flipping around and knocking Kai away. You both quickly get up, and Kai strikes his sword down, which you block with your staff.

Swiping your staff upwards, you push Kai's sword back. He takes one step back. You try to knock his feet from under him, but he jumps over your staff.

Both kicking and punching at each other, you continue to fight.

You put one end of your staff on the ground, using it for support and pushing yourself up. You kick Kai in the stomach with both feet, making him fly back into the wall.

The rest start cheering, but just as you thought you won Kai gets up, holding his sword up in front of him. He tries to do Spinjitzu, but stops and waves his sword around, which is now glowing bright orange with a scared look on his face.

"It's too hot!" He yells out, and just as he says that the sword catches fire. He tries to put it out using Spinjitzu. He falls, and the sword drops to the floor.

The fire starts spreading quickly, surrounding you in no time. Stomping on it, you try to put it out along with the rest. But it's no use as the fire only grows higher.

You hear the doors of the monastery slide open, and footsteps. Due to the high fire you can't see who it was, but you guess it was Sensei Wu as no one else was home.

You see Zane's shurikens fly up in the air, spinning around each other. Small snowflakes fall from them, and they fly over the fire. The snow falling from them covers the floor, and the fire slowly dies down. Once it's fully gone, you dare to look up at Sensei with squinted eyes and a painful look on your face.

"What were you thinking?!" He yells at you, and you all flinch.

"Uhm... we were trying to figure out who's the Green Ninja." Jay explains. You step on his foot, making him gasp. "Ow! D-did I say Green Ninja? N-no, sorry, what I- what I said was... lean ninja."

Sensei turns around. "You were not supposed to see that," he says, referring to the scroll.

"But Sensei, we want to know," Kai argues. "Which one of us is the Chosen One?"

"None of you if you don't unlock your true potential." Sensei starts walking away.

"But my sword," Kai continues, following him. "It was so bright. Is that what you meant by unlocking our Golden Weapons?"

"You are only at the beginning. And the road is long and winding." Sensei explains. "But, yes, this is what I meant. If this is what it must take for you to train, so be it. But none of you are near the level of what it takes to be the Green Ninja."

"Or the Protector," Sensei adds after a short pause.

Sensei closes the door behind him, leaving all of you standing outside.

"That went well," you say.

~~~~

Everyone was training, and you were watching from the edge of the roof. It was really entertaining to see them attempting to do cool tricks when they were really out of shape.

You hook your legs behind the iron bar underneath the roof.

"Boo." You say as you swing yourself down, your face now only an inch away from that of Zane.

"Hello Y/n." He says, lowering his shurikens.

You turn your head at the stuntling ninja's on the training grounds. "They really are idiots, aren't they?" You drop your arms down so they're swinging next to your head.

"I believe they do try."

You start swinging your body back and forth, almost looking like a little child if it wasn't for the ninja gi and deadly sharp daggers that were attached to it.

"Yeah, but it ends up looking ridiculous." You chuckle. "By the way, wasn't it your turn to cook tonight?"

Zane shakes his head. "It's your turn."

You groan. "But I hate cooking. Can't we switch days?"

"We already did that this week."

"How about we switch again, so you cooked on your regular day this week."

"That's now how it works." Zane takes off his mask.

Suddenly, the doors burst open, revealing a distressed looking Sensei.

Everyone stops what they're doing, staring at sensei and you drop down from the roof, standing on your feet.

"The Serpentine are back!" He yells. "Everyone in Jamanakai Village is in danger!"

"Calm down, Sensei." Cole says. "We were just there. It was some kid who just-"

"The spirit smoke doesn't lie!" Wu interrupts him. "An ancient evil has been released!"

"But Nya is in Jamanakai Village right now!" Kai suddenly says. Jay's eyes widen.

"Nya?!"

Without saying another word, you all rush down to the dragons, quickly mounting them and setting off to the village at full speed.

Using the roofs to get to the screaming as fast as you all possibly can, you see that Lloyd was running around with a massive grin on his face, his hands full of candy and bits of cotton candy stuck to his face.

Jumping down, all of you land in front of Lloyd, who was shaking from all the sugar he had eaten.

"Sorry to bust your buzz, little Garmadon," Cole says. "But it's already past your bedtime."

Lloyd turns around. "Get them!" He screams.

On this command, gigantic snakes appear from behind stalls, shops and crates. Your eyes widen at the sight, and you gasp once you realise they were the Serpentine.

Their scales were mostly blue, the yellow, white and grey ones making a pattern running from the top of their head down their spines and on their chest that was different on each one of them.

Their eyes were a deep and dark red color that made a swirling pattern, and their fangs were terrifyingly sharp.

Just looking at them made you want to run away, and the fact that they were human sized only added to that.

Not to forget to mention they all had legs, too.

Although, one did have a tail. He seemed the tallest of them all and was holding a golden staff with a snake whose tail curled around the base, its mouth open in a snarl above a blue gem. You guessed that he was the leader.

"The Serpentine... are real?" Kai questions, more to himself than to the rest.

The Serpentine with the staff starts shaking the end of his tail and hisses. "Seize them!" He yells, pointing at us.

The rest of the Serpentine, start walking towards you in a threatening manner.

"I don't think the Serpentine are the only ones we have to worry about!" Cole says, pointing behind you. You turn, and your eyes widen at the sight of all of the villagers walking towards you in the same way the Serpentine do, their eyes red.

"The whole village has been hypnotised," Cole says.

Jay starts swinging his nunchucks above his head, but you quickly grab his wrist to stop him.

"We can't use our weapons!" You explain, letting go of his wrist. "They're too unstable."

Jay puts his nunchucks in their holder on their back. "Well I guess that leaves us with RUN!" He yells. All of you immediately react, jumping over the Serpentine and hypnotised villagers and climbing onto the roofs.

Running across the different roofs, you all eventually jump down back onto the ground behind some crates to hide.

Out of nowhere, Nya jumps down next to you, slightly startling you.

"Nya?" Kai asks, looking at them.

"You're okay!" Jay breathes out in relief.

"Barely," they shake their head. "They've hypnotised everyone in town."

"Yeah, we've noticed." You say. "How did they do it?"

"When you hear them rattle their tails, don't look them in the eyes." Nya explains. "That's how they get you."

"Well, what are we supposed to do then?" Jay throws his hands in the air. "We can't use our weapons, and now we have to fight with our eyes closed? Just perfect!"

"The snake with the staff is the General, the one in charge." Nya says, thinking deeply. "I think it might hold the anti-venom. If we can get it, we can save everyone."

Kai sighs. "Look guys, forget about the whole Green Ninja thing. Let's make Sensei proud. The five of us. We're a team."

"Oh, and Nya?" Jay says. "You can be our honorary member!"

You roll your eyes

"Gee, thanks," Nya says sarcastically, crossing their arms over their chest.

Not wanting to waste another minute, you all climb back onto the roofs and go back to where the Serpentine were.

You all spread, and you jump down from the roof right in the middle of a group of four snakes that circled around a small boy and his mother.

You knock one snake down by kicking him sideways, but another one grabs you from behind, pulling your arms behind your back. The third snake puts his face right in front of yours, hissing.

Squeezing your eyes shut to not get hypnotised, you put all your weight on the Serpentine holding you and kick the one in front of you with both feet.

Then you stomp your feet down on those of the Serpentine holding you and ram your head back right into his. He yells in pain, letting you go.

Two cold hands clutch onto your shoulder, so you grab them with both hands and do Spinjitzu, then let them go so they fly away with all the force of your Spinjitzu.

Opening your eyes, you see the snake you just used spinjitzu on laying in a pile of broken boxes, another one sitting against the wall unconscious and a third one rolling over the floor with his hands on his face.

Suddenly you hear hissing in your ear, so you kick the fourth one in his face with your elbow.

Rushing to the boy and the women, you lower yourself down to their height. The boy was curled up to a ball against the wall and his mother was holding onto him.

"Are you okay?" You ask, placing your hand on her shoulder. A bit hesitant, she nods.

"Y-yes. Thank you." She gives you a crooked smile while you stand up straight again.

"Anytime," you say, nodding once and running back to your team.

You see Kai kicking down a snake, not noticing the one creeping up behind him. You rush over to him and grab them by their neck and jank them to the ground.

Kai turns around, noticing the snake.

"Uhh," he says, a bit stupid. "Thanks."

"Sensei was right: never put off until tomorrow what can be done today." You hear Zane say. You turn and see him standing in front of a scared looking Lloyd Garmadon. "We should've dealt with you the first time."

Lloyd gulps. "Retreat!"

"Retreat!" The General repeats. At his command, all the snakes get up and start running away and escape before you even have the chance to react.

Suddenly you hear hissing. You turn and see Cole holding the staff and a snake in front of him trying to hypnotise Cole.

"Hey!" You yell, sliding the dagger on your lower inner arm out of it's sheat and throwing it at the snake. It flies past his face, barely missing his nose and ends up in a wall. The snake jumps back with wide eyes and runs away.

"Cole!" Nya yells, accidentally slipping out his name, but nevertheless snapping him out of the trance. "The staff! put it in the fountain!"

"Good idea!" He yells back, running over to the fountain and putting the staff in it. The water reacts with the gem, and pure white fog starts forming from it, spreading over the ground.

You look over at the villagers, and see that the ones who breathe in the fog turn back to normal, their eyes getting their regular color back.

Suddenly Sensei walks up next to you, his hands folded behind his back. When did he get here?

"We're sorry, Sensei," Kai says, looking at the ground. "If we had dealt with Lloyd before he became a problem, none of this would've happened."

Sensei shakes his head. "Even lessons learned the hard way are lessons learned." He strokes his beard. "Hmm. A great evil has been released. I fear troubling times will come. This is only the beginning."

"Then we will train and be ready for the Serpentine." Zane says confident.

"It may not be Lord Garmadon, but that doesn't mean we won't bring our A-game." Cole agrees, now standing next to Kai.

Kai nods. "Help us train, Sensei. Help us reach our full potential."

"Yeah!" Jay says excited, walking up to you with Nya. "Teach us the secrets behind the weapons of Spinjitzu!"

Sensei seems to think. "There is much to teach. We must return to the Monastery."

You all start heading back to your dragons.

"So much for that peace and calmness," you sigh, climbing onto your dragon.

~~~~

A/n

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading the first official chapter of Timeless. I hope you all liked it :). I feel like it's a bit messy and feels kinda rushed? So just let me know what you think in the comments.

I'm sorry that it took me a long time to update. I had some stuff to deal with so I didn't really have time.

I will start working on the next chapter as soon as I can, but until then stay safe, drink your water and have a snack if you can :D

Love y'all

- Fox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.5K 33
Kai Smith has been putting up with insults from everyone for years. But when he's had enough and snaps at the ones he loves dearly, he's worried they...
8.6K 364 25
𝟬𝟬𝟭.┆ ⊱⋆。 ❛ 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗛 ❜ ❝ in order for there to be 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, there must be 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄 ❞ ╰┈➤ - ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ melanie himur...
60.3K 1.7K 35
a silly ninjago fanfic from when i was like 13 - Y/N is a 16 year old girl who has every right and reason to hate the ninja, especially the green on...
348K 9.3K 26
Honestly, it's not easy being the sister to the guy who can zap you whenever he chooses. I mean I love him and all... I remember the day it all start...