Ave Maria

By IamDLijah

Chris and Beyoncé have always been the best of friends, a bond that many teenagers would run away from but th... More

Ave Maria
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
SEQUEL

Chapter 10

1.3K 58 6
By IamDLijah

Chapter 10 – Just Like Skating

Christopher Brown | April 10th 2020 | Tappahannock, VA

"Okay Mr. Brown, everything seems to be good. For your eyes I'll prescribe you an eye drop that you are to use twice a day for the remainder of the week. The blurring should be cleared and you'll be back to normal." The doctor said handing me a slip with my prescription.

"Thanks man. Highly appreciate it." I shook his hand then released it. I got up from the chair and exit the room. I walked out seeing my parents along with Royalty sitting in the waiting room waiting for me. RoRo looked up and jumped from her chair and ran to me.

"Daddy what did he say!?" I chuckled picking her up in my arms. "Daddy will be okay." I kissed her cheeks as she smiled. I stared into her brown eyes and just felt a sense of peace. I love my daughter so much that words can't even describe how I feel.

She's my savior and I'm her superhero. I wouldn't want our relationship to be any other way. I walked over to my parents who had a worry look on their faces. "So what did he say?" My mother asked with eagerness in her voice.

"Cam down mama I'm gonna be alright." I chuckled and she released a deep sigh. "Woman stop being dramatic! You know this boy a fighter." My pop punched my free arm as we walked out of the doors of the hospital.

"Don't tell me nothing! This is my baby so I gotta make sure he's okay." I laughed at them. Although they were not together, they sure as hell acted like it. We got in the SUV and the driver pulled off making his way to the court house for my trial.

I sighed looking out of the window. Royalty was sitting on my lap pulling the hairs on my chin while my parents engaged in their own conversation. I was feeling a bit somber getting closer to the court house. My lawyer, Mrs. Richards was already waiting for me there and I was ready to end this whole thing.

This is not the first time someone has brought my name in an abuse claim. I was used to it, which is not a good thing but I'm honest. I've had a lot of bullshit surrounding my name, no matter how much I try my best to keep out of the media, and the press always finds some story.

"Clinton if you don't get outta my face with that mess." My mother yelled pulling me from my thought. I looked over at the two seeing my mother with a smile on her face and my father with a smirk.

"Y'all stop being nasty." I told them followed with a chuckle. "I ain't being nasty. Your father tryna slide his way into my pants that he hasn't been able to get in for 25 years." I looked at her sideways. "Mama even I know that's a lie! I be hearing y'all."

"Stay your lil' country ass outta grown folks business." I threw my hands up as my father laughed. I looked down at my daughter seeing she had fallen asleep. I smiled positioning her hands so she won't wake up complaining about any pain.

We chatted and laughed until the car came to a stop. The driver got out and opened the door and I was surprised to see there were no paparazzi. I held Royalty carefully as I climbed out walking to the doors of the court. The security that was there opened the door and I entered. I looked down the hall seeing my lawyer.

I made my way over to her with a sleeping Royalty in my arms. "How was your appointment?" I gave her a side hug which she initiated. I released her then said, "It was great actually." I gave a slight smile.

"Good now onto the matter at hand. I got the footage from your security cameras so that should be enough to dead the case with Ammika. I was able to get the officer charged with simple assault. He'd be debadged as well as facing jail time but that case is not until next week." I couldn't fight the smile on my face.

"Thank you Jesus 'cause I was hoping someone got to him before I did." We both chuckled. I watched as she checked her watch then looked up at me.

"This is us." I followed her into the room.

>>>

"I hereby find the defendant innocent and all charges will be dropped and swiped from his record. Ms. Harris for claiming a false crime against the defendant, you have to complete 1000 hours of community service." The judge banged his gabble and I looked over at a crying Ammika. I didn't feel back for her at all. She deserved what she got. Plus picking up a little garbage won't hurt anyone.

"Mr. Brown I really hope this will be the last of you in my courtroom." We both shared a laugh. I got up and gave Mrs. Richards a well-deserved hug.

"Thank you so much man. Maybe now people will stop fucking with me." We both laughed as walked from behind the desk to meet my family outside.

I just couldn't wait until the court case is called because I really want to be able to sleep at night. I was up all night too paranoid to even fall asleep. I felt like I was having an outer body experience. I could see myself on the ground with fear in my eyes.

Watching the videos didn't help any better. That just increased my anxiety even more. I was so depressed that the only thing I could do was release it into music. I sang an acoustic version of All On Me last night and that helped me a little bit but seeing my daughter smile when the sun rose made me forget about the pain.

I'm going to release the video of it once the case is over. That would be my sense of closure for not only me but my family as well.

Beyoncé Knowles | Richmond, VA

"Jay can you stop following me!? I don't owe you no fucking explanation!" I snatched my arm out of his grip as I packed my bags with my clothes. I was going to stay with Chris until I was ready to head back to NY.

My girls had left this morning so it was just me left here. My mother was watching Blue until I returned so I could get my mental right. I was still shaken up about the miscarriage and I was still struggling to wrap my mind around it but seeing Jay in my face every second was pushing me into a deeper hole.

"Fuck you mean Beyoncé! You laid there and kissed the nigga like you wasn't married!" I chuckled darkly. I turned to him with a cold glare. "At this point I wish I didn't marry you." I spat at him and continued to pack my back.

"Bitch you belong to me and not that woman beater!" He yelled at me. Out of instinct, my hand made impact to his jaw. "Say something about him again! I dare you!" I challenged him. I folded my arms waiting for him to utter a word.

"That's what I thought. You don't have the right to question me about shit when you're doing way worse." I pushed pass him with my bag and headed for the living space where Julius was waiting for me.

"Beyoncé you walk out the door and we done." I turned my head to look at him, a wide smile on my face.

"I would say don't hurt yourself but you did enough self-inflicting so fuck you." I grabbed my hand bag and left out the room.

I'm not gonna be the wife that pleases a man and forgets about herself. Yes, I said I'd cater to my man but I also said I'm an independent woman. No man is gonna stop me from being happy and it's time for me to take back my life. I've been fixing other people's messes that I forgot about myself. Starting with coping the loss of my baby then whatever comes after.

>>>

The car pulled up into his driveway and there he stood in sweats on his porch. I smiled watching the grin on his face. The car stopped and the door opened revealing the love of my life. I got out and gave him a hug. I leaned up giving a few pecks on the lips.

"Can you help them with the bags?" I asked him kindly. He nodded his head helping the driver with the bags. I had at least five bags with me. Why, because I must always be prepared. I packed wigs, makeup, jewelry, shoes and clothes. I had planned to stay a little longer anyways since I needed a break from New York but my stay is for another reason at this moment.

I don't want to go back with this fresh on my mind. I needed a clean slate and if staying in Virginia will help then so be it.

I followed Chris into the house and I heard laughter. I looked around seeing a few people from yesterday and other's I didn't recognized.

"So the rumors are true!" I turned my head to see a boy sitting on the couch with a shocked expression on his face.

"And she's all mine so don't even." I laughed at the defensive tone in Chris' voice. I ignored him and approached the boy.

"Hi, I'm Beyoncé and you are?" I greeted. He quickly jumped up and I laughed at his anxiousness. He seemed like a bundle of joy and positive energy.

"I'm Myles." I shook his hand. He still had that look on his face that was too cute. "Aww you're so cute." I cooed as I turned to everyone else.

"Good afternoon y'all." I spoke to them. "C'mon Bey, we can greet once we get you sorted out." I followed his instructions as he led up to a set of stairs. I stood at the bottom not wanting to step any further.

I closed my eyes feeling the tears weld up in my eyes. I didn't even want to open them due to the fear of seeing myself bleeding out on the floor. I tried to get the image of my daughter's feet standing in the blood but it was hard.

"Babe you okay?" I shook my head saying no. I turned my back to the stairs feeling the tears falling down my cheeks. I released a deep breathe trying not to make any sounds. "Bey..." I felt his hand on my shoulder pulling me into his chest.

"I can't go up those stairs Chris. I just can't." I tried to walk away but his hand was wrapped around my waist, holding me in place. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I'm here if you need support but you gotta face this baby. This will just let you live in fear." He spoke softly into my ear. I opened my eyes staring up at the ceiling. I blinked the tears away.

"I'm here to help you get through this. I may not know what the pain feels like but I'm planning on being with you for the rest of my life. What pain you feel is also mine." I looked down biting the inside of my cheek.

July 1st 2005 | Houston, TX

I tightened my coat as I slowly crept out of my bedroom pass my parent's room hearing their TV on. I walked down the stairs trying my best to not make any noise. I got to the bottom and rushed to the window I've been sneaking out to spend the night with Chris. I opened it and slid it up quietly. I looked out the window coming face to face with a smiling Chris.

"I see we have a bad girl on our hands." I pushed his head away from me. He laughed as he helped me get through the window without making any noise. He planted my feet on the ground and slowly reached up and closed the window down.

"Let's go before someone sees us." I grabbed his hands pulling him with me towards the darker end of the yard. "I told you to wait by the tree." I punched his arm which only hurt me more than it did him.

"Yes you did but have you ever known me to listen to you when you're this cute?" I blushed dropping my head. I heard him chuckle as he entwined our fingers together.

"Shut up." I bumped his shoulder as we walked down the sidewalk to the basketball court. "Do you have them?" I asked as he got closer to the empty court. "They're in my bag." I nod my head as he lifted the bottom of the fence for me to climb under. I held it up for him so he could get in.

"Now it's time to teach you how to skate." He opened the bag pulling out two pairs of black skating shoes. "I'm so excited." I grinned as I sat on the bleachers. I took off my shoes and placed my feet in the boots. I tied the laced and stood up.

"Babe be care—oh shit! Are you okay!?"

I groaned out as I rubbed my hip. He helped me up and sat me down on the bench. I huffed untying the skates and throwing them down beside me.

"Forget it! I don't wanna learn anymore." I cried as the pain intensified. "Where's hurting babe?" He asked. I pointed to my hip and he started to rub it. "Ow Christopher!" I exclaimed. He ignored me and continued to rub the area.

"Shaking is all about falling and getting up. If you stay down then you're a quitter and no girl of mine is ever gonna say they can't do anything." He got down on his knees and put the shoes back on my feet.

"Just hold me and I'll be your guide until you get the hang of it." I looked at him to see him looking at me with a smile. I nodded my head as he supported me. I was wobbling a little bit but he never let me fall.

"I got you." 

I turned around to face him.

"It's just like skating?" I asked in a soft tone of voice. He smiled pulling me closer to him. "Did I ever let you fall?" I shook my head no. "And I'm not gonna let it happen now." I sighed as he pulled away.

He grabbed my hand as we walked slowly to the steps. I looked up at him and he had a supportive smile on his face. I sighed then stepped upwards. "There you go." I took another one feeling my legs give out. The tears came streaming again as he supported me.

"You ain't a quitter. Never have been and you won't start now." I sighed leaning out of his grasp taking another step.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.7K 46
"Some people talk about that love at first sight shit To keep it real I don't know whether I believe it's true But if it is than tell me if I'm wrong...
3.1K 237 9
Vote and comment Kelly, a rogue, is on the run. She is trying to escape her past, but in every town she runs away to, she gets a feeling that someon...
452 26 34
✽ ✽ Friends for a life time, together they were each other's lives and other half piece. There was no reason for them to ever leave each other or cha...
129K 8.2K 40
No family,only a trust fund. Finally able to move on from the death of her boyfriend. Beyoncé finds herself in a bind. She's offered a position as a...