The Student of A Raven (Male...

By VinylScratch7

Follow the story of Y/N on how he became the student of Raven Branwed and how he became the world known Hunt... More

Chapter 1: The Student of the Black Raven
Chapter 2: Black And Red
Chapter 3: Beacon I
Chapter 4: Beacon II
First ever Story art for The Student of a Raven
Art scene from Chapter 4
A Fan art by Me Before and After
Sorry....
Chapter 5: Beacon III
Chapter 6: Beacon IV
Chapter 7:Beacon V
Chapter 8: New Start
Chapter 9: First Day
Chapter 10: Jaune Arc
Chapter 11: Fall Part 1
Chapter 12: Fall part 2
New Art and Chapter 13 will be up soon
Chapter 13: Change
Chapter 14: A New Semester
Chapter 15: In Thought
Chapter 16: Arrival
Chapter 17: Group
Chapter 18: The Plan
Chapter 19: Investigation
Chapter 21: Journey Part I
Chapter 22: Journey Part II
Chapter 23: Journey Part III
Chapter 24: Journey IV
Merry Christmas!!
Chapter 25: Journey V
Chapter 26: Journey VI
Merry Christmas to my Readers!

Chapter 20: Round One

3.1K 69 36
By VinylScratch7

Chapter 20: Round One
Written by: VinylScratch7

Its been three days since the event of the bridge and no word was heard about Roman and his new pet lacky, after that event you were out of it, you didn't felt like talking or hanging out, somehow the thing that is going on was getting complicated.

Sound of the steel blade was heard in the room as you were attending Miss Goodwitch Class and was having a sparring match. Sitting Quietly with your team you see Phyrrah outmatching Cardin Team, she's a skilled fighter you got to admit and probably will graduate with flying colors. Feeling a bump in your Right getting you to shift your head, Yang was staring at you and you showed her a smile but she wasn't having it.

"What gives, you been quiet for three days. What's up?" Yang whispers while watching the match.

You shrug your shoulder and stood silent and continue Watching the match, Yang got annoyed by your silent treatment and let it slide as she shifts her view towards her Sister that she was also concern about your mood right now.

"And That's Match!" The Voice of Goodwitch was heard while concluding the match and indicating the winner. "Good Job miss Nikkos I bet you won't have any trouble in the tournament," Goodwitch said getting Pyrrah to smile and nod.

"Okay students, we have enough time for two more Match, who love to volunteer for today," Goddwitch said.

Receiving a stomp on you foot making you get up from your chair with slight pain, Goodwitch looks at you and nodded and places your name up on the screen. You quickly look towards Yang who was the one who assaulted your foot and you were staring at her but she didn't look back, she only got up from her chair and raised her arm.

"I'll be he's opponent Professor!" Yang Said towards her.

The Professor nodded and Place the Young blonde firecracker name up on the screen next to yours. "Would you please both steps in the fighting area so we would begin."

Without second thought Yang walks down and quickly enter the battleground, while you were staring at her annoyed a little bit, a Sigh escape your mouth while making your way down towards the Arena.

Both you and Yang were now staring at each other on opposite sides of the arena, the Professor left you two and was now standing in the sidelines. As you were about to grip your sword Yang stops you.

"No weapons, let do this Old school," She said while throwing her Ember Celica towards Ruby who successfully catching it.

You look towards your professor and she nodded that you should do the same, sighing at this you took off your sword and threw it at Jaune who epically failed to catch it and was hit by it in the face and falling down from his sitting position, receiving the entire classroom laugh at this antic.Staring back at Yang she was apparently warming up for this one and it might be a good idea for you to do the same. Yang taught a little about close quarters and hopefully, you can take her on in her zone of expertise.

"Yang, what this about?" You asked.

Yang stood quiet and shrug at you, getting you to laugh at her mimic of you from earlier "Okay I see."Getting ready for the fight, the entire room stood silent and waited for the professor's queue. Good with stare at the both of you and notice the two warriors are ready to go."BEGIN!"

With that Yang charges at you and started to do a one-two combo at you, You raise your arms up and blocks her Attack, you notice her eye shift towards your leg and you took the opportunity to jump back before she does a leg sweep on you. Both you and Yang stood silent and you knew she wasn't going hold back.

Breathing in Deeply you charge at Yang and attack her with a flying roundhouse which she blocks it, getting you to place both hands on the ground for a little balance, Yang took this opportunity to punch you in the mid-session your rib, receiving the blow, you back away and felt the stinging pain from the attack.

"So your not holding back.." You said while almost out of breath and holding your ribcage.She shrugs again but this time with a smile, you bit your lip by this and smile "Okay let's play."

You activate your semblance and only using 5% percent of the portion, Yang's eyes grew while you disappear before her and appearing behind her, she quickly turns around but at avail, she received a strike in her face sending flying towards the wall and crashing into it.

"Oh snap, I think a mess up," You said while looking towards where Yang went.

"Uh oh," Ruby said while placing her palm in her mouth and looking between you and yang.

"He's dead," Weiss said looking at the match

"Yep," Blake said second while smiling towards you waving at you

You look at Blake "Really.." you shift your gaze towards yang.

As the fog of concrete desert, Yang was now in view you notice she had her Eyes red and her hair blazing in flame, without a second she was in front of you while you received an explosive blow your face, getting you to fly towards your end but you quickly open your eyes and caught your self before crashing in the wall.

Jaune notice you crash near him and his team, he smiles and waves at you "Dude, I think Yang mad at you" Jaune said while looking towards the Young female cracking her knuckles.

"Really I haven't noticed it, I think your a great help Jaune," You said with an annoyed face towards him.

"What made her that way?" Ren asks towards you.

"Oh I know, see Y/N is so focused on something that doesn't want to involve friends into it and Yang took notice and got annoyed by it and now she releasing all her annoyance she has for you in this fight," Nora said.

All of you were staring at her silently, noticing this she smiles and salutes you "Well that's what I think of course."

"Maybe it is best to apologize," Pyrrah said.

"Nah Nah..this is getting interesting," You said cracking your own knuckles and releasing lighting in your body using your semblance.

You and Yang exchange smiles and started to go all out, it been a full minute and the students were getting entertain by this, some were shouting your name and somewhere shouting Yangs.The two of you dash towards each other and punch at the same time, colliding your fist with hers, you raised your right fist and was about to strike the mid-session but she blocks it with her knee getting her the chance to roundhouse to kick you but quickly raising your left arm and successfully blocking, as the two of you stare at each other there was something different in this mood. earlier you were in no mood to talk but now, while fighting Yang you were having Fun sparing with her.

Maybe your thought about Raven is clouding with you too much and you couldn't see your friends were trying to help, especially Yang. You took this time and smile Widely at Yang getting her surprise by your action.

"Thank Yang," You said.

The Blond firecracker wouldn't expect him to recover this quick and was now blushing by your sweet smile at her, distracted by this she received another punch by you getting her to fly towards the wall that you almost crashed, getting her aura to red.

"That's Match!" Goodwitch said.

The Professor enters the area and looks at Yang who was rubbing her head while trying to make the pain go away, as she turns to you she nodded and smiled. "Nice work Y/N you and miss Xiao won't have any trouble entering the tournament either." She said. "But"'But?' You repeat in your head.

"We might need to discuss this later about how you will enter the tournament with your team," Goodwitch said getting you to nod. "Also I think Professor Ozpin like to speak with you"

You nod in this and look at Yang who was dusting herself and getting herself up, she notices you and smiles quickly giving you a thumbs up. Smiling at this and lightly shaking your head by her antics, you walk out the door and headed towards the Ozpin office.==================================================================================Ozpin was staring at you calmly while you stood in front of him quietly wanting to know what he wanted to see you.

"Y/N" Ozpin say your name.

"Professor," You said his name.

"Well let's get down to business, so Y/N I call here today for an important discussion," Ozpin said revealing a folder.

"And that is?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Well as the tournament is one month away I would like you to take up an important Escort mission," Ozpin said showing the folder.

"Wait..are you giving me my first huntsmen mission," You said with excitement in your eyes.Ozpin laugh at your reaction and takes a sip in he's coffee "Yes but I must warn you it might be difficult doing it alone so I suggested a Team to accompany you in this mission"

Before you could answer the elevator behind you opens revealing a group coming inside, it was Team CFVY.

You notice Velvet and she happily waves at you while you wave back and switch your gaze towards Ozpin who was smiling at you.

"So this is the kid?" Coco said while eyeing you up and down and suddenly smile "Thanks for standing up for Velvet, Names Coco Team leader."

"Y/N and it was no problem" You felt a strong pressure in your shoulder getting you to look at the big guy holding a huge katana sword.

"We have all thank you, Names Yatsuhashi and that's Fox, we hope we can get along." He said while Fox nods to you.

"So...Ozpin who we escorting?" Coco Said while reading the file.

"Her name is Lily, she won't say much but she did tell us that someone dangerous is after her and we took the decision to you five to escort her out and giving her to atlas so they can handle it from there," Ozpin said

Something was off about this "But why us, couldn't you handed this mission to Professional?" You said."I would but apparently all of our huntsmans are busy at the moment and I trust you to complete this escort and come back before the tournament." Ozpin said.

As you were about to say something else coco interrupted you "Yes Sir, Where we can meet her?" She Asks."There will be bullhead Transporting you all to Vacou, from there you need to Escort her to Atlas." He said.

"Alright!" Coco Claps hard getting you to spook by her energy "Team let get some bed rest we leave tomorrow early in the morning and Newbie" She points at you.

"Wait, newbie?"

"Tell your team you'll be away for a while" Coco Said while walking out of the office while her team follows.

As they all were gone, you slowly look at ozpin "There something odd about this...Why not get Atlas military to escort her?" You said.

"Y/N i know this might be odd for you but trust me, this is only an escort mission, I would guarantee you everything will be fine," Ozpin said.

"Hm right.." You said while walking out.

"Goodnight Y/N"

"...Right goodnight."

The door Shuts leaving Ozpin looking at the folder of Lily and letting a sigh escape from him "I hope nothing bad happens"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 111 13
After the events of the fall of Beacon, Y/n has seemed to give up on his dream of being a Huntsmen. But no matter what he does, the memories of the B...
7.8K 337 29
This story is about a young boy named Y/N Rose who was once a huntsman from his world called Remnant, until he ended up becoming a Freelancer, and be...
1.8K 32 8
In the world of remnant there are four huntress schools and basically no huntsmen seeing as people thought that men couldn't be huntsmen, some men pr...
20.3K 404 17
After living within the cold walls of the facility, (Y/N) is eventually released and forced to wander the world of remnant. Will he become the hero h...