๐ˆ๐ ๐๐„๐“๐–๐„๐„๐

By accxoxo

โฃ๏ธŽ๊จ„"๐—ง๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—œ๐—ป ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป" โฃ๏ธŽ"Change was never something you enjoyed,how will a big change like... More

- Prologue -
- Chapter 1 -
- Chapter 2 -
- Chapter 3 -
- Chapter 4 -
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6 -
- Chapter 7 -
- Chapter 8 -
- Chapter 9 -
- Chapter 10 -
- Chapter 11 -
- Chapter 12 -
- Chapter 13 -
- Chapter 14 -
- Chapter 15 -
- Chapter 16 -
- Chapter 17 -
- Chapter 18 -
- Chapter 19 -
- Chapter 20 -
- Chapter 21 -
- Chapter 22 -
- Chapter 23 -
- Chapter 24 -
- Chapter 25 -
- Chapter 26 -
- Chapter 27 -
- Chapter 28 -
- Chapter 29 -
- Chapter 30 -
- Chapter 31 -
- Chapter 32 -
- Chapter 33 -
- Chapter 34 -
- Chapter 35 -
- Chapter 36 -
- Chapter 37 -
- Chapter 38 -
- Chapter 39/Q&A -
- Chapter 40 -
- Chapter 42 -
- Chapter 43 -
- Chapter 44 -
- Epilogue -

- Chapter 41 -

12.7K 515 1.6K
By accxoxo

"December 27th..."
you sighed, staring at the date.
The year really was almost over.
In the last 5 months of staying in Japan, your life was the most eventful it had ever been.

"Distracted huh?"
Mei asked.

"Hm?"

"You have that weird faraway look in your eyes." Mei explained, handing you a boba.

Shrugging, you grabbed the drink.
"It's just crazy, everything that's happened. And I still have another year left." you explained, as you felt the cold air blow past your feet.
The doors of the subway slammed shut, as more passengers boarded.

The subway rolled along, you continued staring out the window watching the trees and hills roll by.
Mei was accompanying you to the Miya Twins house.
Since you were feeling significantly better, Kita had offered hanging out with the group at the twin's house.
Atsumu had reluctantly invited Himari, still irritated by her presence.

"So..." Mei paused. "Did you talk to him?"

You gave her a perplexed look.
"Oh."
you groaned as the realization hit you.
"No. I don't plan to for a while."
you replied.
Mei was referring to Suna.

"Listen...."
Mei hesitated, inhaling before continuing:
"I saw Suna at the park that night. Talking to Yuma, and she did push herself on him. Though he was the one who invited her. At least that's what I picked up from their conversation."

You turned to look at Mei, she was shaking, a look of pure guilt on her face.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier."

"Don't worry about it. I get it."

"Ok..."
Mei replied sheepishly.

"I miss him."

"Who?"

"S-Suna I mean..."

"B-Bu-"

"I know he didn't have bad intentions... well...what he did was wrong but.
He was drunk, and Yuma forced herself-"

"Stop, it's ok."
Mei interrupted, placing her hand on your shoulder.

"I'm sorry. We should be focusing on the New Year's arrival." you whispered apologetically.

Mei smiled warmly.
"Since we're opening up...I had something else to admit."

Raising an eyebrow, you stared at her expectantly.

"The rumors...the ones I mentioned when I first saw you on the bus. You know how I didn't want anything to do with you because of what I heard?"

you nodded, remembering the moment.

"The person who supposedly spread those rumors...well..."
Mei stopped.

"Well..?"

"I don't know if I shou-"

"Like it matters. I don't care who I lose anymore." you spat out coldly.

Mei's eyes widened, startled by your tone.
"Himari."

Your jaw dropped.

"Again, that's just what I heard."
Mei reasoned.

Sighing, you shook your head.
"I knew something wasn't right about her, whatever..."

Mei sunk into her seat.

"This isn't your fault Mei. Himari was always acting strange with the twins, I'm honestly not that surprised. Disappointed yes, but I guess it doesn't phase me."
you reassured Mei.

Mei gulped, nodding. She wasn't quite convinced.
"Y'know..." you hesitated. " I didn't tell you about my mom did I?"

Mei turned to look at you, her eyes widening.
She shook her head, straightening her glasses.
You took a deep breath.
"My mom was always fascinated with water. She went fishing all the time, trips to the beach, cruises. Anything she could do to touch the water and feel the waves hit her skin. In her late 20's she became part of a ocean-life rescue team."
you gushed just thinking about it.

Mei had her mouth in an "o" shape.
She looked like she was in awe.

"When I was only 13 years old, my mom went on a very important rescue mission. She studied marine biology and was on a sea animal rescue team. I remember her telling me how important this was." you continued.

"Needless to say, I never saw my mom again. That same day a terrible storm hit the area. The boat my mom's rescue team took went missing, later the shipwreck was found miles away. No trace of the bodies. Divers went trying to look for remains, with no clues at all, my dad has been trying to look for leads for years now. Nothing showed up."
you bit your lip, sorrow filling your thoughts the moment you uttered the last sentence.

"Oh..(y/n) that's terrible." Mei gasped.

"Yeah. Because I never got answers for my mother's death, I often got frustrated when other things in life couldn't be answered. So I was quite upset when I didn't know why Suna did what he did."
you explained.

"I see, and what about your dad?"

"Well, he works all the time, though he's been working especially hard lately.
God knows why." you thought aloud.

The subway doors flew open, as the train arrived at your stop.
Mei and you snapped out of your thoughts and quickly exited the train.
The air was bitterly cold; and made your teeth chatter.

"How bout we forget all this and just have a good time, yeah?" Mei looked hopeful, her eyes twinkling.

You smiled.
"Sure."

—•—

"(Y/n)! How're you feeling?" Kita immediately greeted you as you approached the twin's  door.
It was as if he sensed you coming.

"Better." you replied, dryly.

"Great, cause Osamu made us food."
Kita smirked, as he rushed inside.
You and Mei exchanged excited looks as well.
Osamu's food sure did call for celebration.
The dining table was filled with mostly familiar faces.
Himari was busy on her phone, besides you weren't quite in the mood to interact with her.
Kita took a seat next to Atsumu, who was unusually quiet.
Osamu was still in the kitchen, cooking at lightning speed.
He looked over his shoulder to give you a warm smile, you waved back as you took a seat.
A beautiful aroma filled the air, making your mouth water as you took a seat.
At the far end of the table, sat a face that you hadn't seen quite that often:
Aran Ojiro.
He was chatting with Atsumu, who was barely paying him any attention.
Ojiro turned to look at you the minute you walked in.

"(Y/n), right? Happy to finally be able to hangout with you guys." Ojiro smiled, holding his hand out to you.

You shook it and nodded.
"Great to see you here too."

"Yo, where's Suna at?" Ojiro suddenly added.
It was as if the mood completely shifted.
Kita awkwardly rested his arms at the back of his head.
Himari briefly looked up from her phone, and Mei awkwardly looked away.
Ojiro noticed everyone's tense expression and raised an eyebrow.

"Ok...what the hell did I miss?"

In the span of 6 minutes, Atsumu had turned into his usual chatterbox self and started ranting to Ojiro, telling him  all about what Suna did.
You were quite shocked at how Atsumu's mods could violently change like that.
"Kita, did you talk to him?"
Ojiro finally asked.
Kita shook his head nonchalantly.
"Not any of my business. Besides he'll come around."

"So unlike Suna really. Sorry about that (y/n), I'm sure he wasn't in the right state of min-"

"Don't be an idiot, he's a sly little cheat who knew exactly what he was doing." Atsumu snapped, his tone was rough and slightly intimidating.
Ojiro rolled his eyes.
"Thought you'd say that."

"I wouldn't go that far 'Tsumu. Though I will say that alcohol really did fuck with his head." Kita responded.
He seemed a bit defensive over Suna, he was after all his teammate.

Atsumu clenched his fist, but somehow kept a composed face.
"Fine dumbshits believe whatcha wanna."

"No need to be hostile 'Tsumu" Osamu teased as he set down a plate of onigiris and brought out a couple bowls of ramen.
Atsumu shot Osamu a sinister glare, but gladly stuffed his face with food.
A happy smile spread across his face the minute 'Samu's food hit his tongue.
"Mm..."

"Your mood swings scare me dude."
Ojrio cringed, glancing at Atsumu.

"I havth no idead whut you're twalkin abuth." Atsumu mumbled through a mouthful of food.
You smiled watching everyone's demeanor at the table.
They seemed to be enjoying themselves.
All but one.
Himari Yamamoto.
She had her face scrunched up, and hadn't been able to peel her eyes off of her phone.
Kita seemed to be able to follow your eyes, and he too, glanced at Himari.

"Aren't you quiet today Himari?"
Kita questioned.

Himari jumped at the question and awkwardly laughed.
"N-No! I'm fine really."
Atsumu scoffed. Himari was way too easy to read.
You took a bite out of an onigiris and your face immediately lit up.
"This is so good!"
you exclaimed, as a giddy smile crossed your face.
Osamu felt his cheeks grow hot and he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.
"Osamu should be a chef."
Ojiro complimented.
Much to Atsumu's dismay.
He gave Ojrio a disapproving look and continued eating.
In Atsumu's head, him and Osamu would stick together and play volleyball.
He was quite clueless when it came to his brother's plans for the future.
Or maybe he chose to ignore them.

After the meal, everyone decided to chill in the living room, while Atsumu searched for DVD's.
"Got the popcorn!" Kita smiled, as he held up a big red bowl.

"Oi! (y/n)!"
your ears perked up at the sound of your name.

"Help me move these boxes upstairs."
Atsumu ordered, as he called down to you from upstairs.

"Uh. Ok." you yelled back, as you exited the living room.

Approaching the stairs you saw Atsumu stand by the doorway to his bedroom.
"Too weak to pick up the boxes yourself?" you teased, smirking at him.
"Don't get smart with me."
Atsumu rolled his eyes, as he ushered you inside.
He kicked the door shut with the back of his foot, causing you to jump.
"U-Uh.."
Grabbing your hand, he yanked your hand, sitting you down on his bed next to him.
Your heart skipped a beat.

"What the fuck is he doing?!"

"I'm sure Mei told you about Himari already." Atsumu whispered.
Your eyes widened.
"Yeah, I told her to. Cause it's true, the rumor spreading." He continued.
"B-But why?"
Rolling his eyes, he pinched above the bridge of his nose.
"Isn't it obvious? She likes us. Me and Osamu I mean, and to her you're a threat."
The pieces started falling together.
"B-But I'm not." you stuttered.

"That's what you think."

You gave the setter a distressed look.
Atsumu clutched your face, squishing your cheeks with both of his hands.
"You oblivious little baby." he chuckled, releasing his grip.
Frowning you scooted away from him.

"Anyways, my point is, she's trouble. Spoiled rich girl if I've ever met one."
Atsumu explained.

"How do you know so much about her? And when I first met Himari she always went to your team's practice was to bea-"

"Because of me? Yeah." He interrupted.

"Why?"

"Oh shit, I never told you. Everyone was acting really strange at the Halloween feast when Himari had to kiss me..."
He paused. "Because..."

you stared at him expectantly.

"We dated. Something like that anyways. I kept it under wraps, and she was so overbearing about it." Atsumu spat.

"Oh." you cocked your head to the side.

"And we broke up cause, I figured out her hoe ass was only with me for clout. And she jumped straight to Osamu after me, who didn't give 2 shits." Atsumu sighed.

"And she's still not over you two?"
you concluded.

The setter nodded.

"Shit. I got a crazy ex-girlfriend on my hands." you thought in exhaustion.

"Uhm anyways-"

A squeal escaped your lips as you felt Atsumu grab your hips, lifting you up then plopping you back down on his bed. Your head now pinned against the bed frame.
Your heart skipped a beat, as your cheeks turned bright red.

"A-Atsumu..?" you stuttered, attempting to sit up.

His eyes fluttered down to your lips, his body now on top of you, in a split second your lips met.
It felt like a shock wave went through your body, as you felt his soft skin touch yours.
His hands reached the back of your head, pushing you closer for another kiss, his tongue slipping into your mouth.

"What the fuck?!"
"What the FUCK?!"

your thoughts were scrambled, Atsumu's kisses getting more desperate.
His frantic movements made it difficult for you to pull away.
The setter kept grabbing at your body, trying to keep you in place.

"P-Please..." your voice sounded muffled but it caught his attention right away.

"Hm?"

"I-It's just tha-"

Atsumu's eyes widened and he slapped his forehead. You didn't have to finish your sentence, he kinda figured it out.
A shade of crimson crossing his face.

"Shit. I really should've asked, I'm sorry."

His eyes looked like they were pleading.
You waved your hand, reassuring him that it was fine.
Even though your heart was still beating at a tremendous speed.
He slowly rolled over, laying on his bed next to you.
Letting out an exhausted sigh, he stared up at the ceiling.

"You really liked him didn't you?

Atsumu's question rang in your ears.

"Yes."

"I'm sorry for what he did."

"Don't be, not your fault."

Atsumu closed his eyes, exhaling sharply.
"Yer gonna be fine subway girl."

"You think so?" you asked, turning your head to look at him.

"I know so."
He whispered, pulling you in for a long hug.
At first you awkwardly lay in his embrace, but soon you got more comfortable in the fresh smell of his cologne and his warmth.
It was a different type of feeling, one you hadn't felt around Suna nor Osamu.
That same protected feeling stinging your chest.
A thought lingered at the back of your head, as you nestled into his chest:

"That kiss meant something..."

"Didn't it?"

—•—

About 10 minutes later, the irritated Kita Shinsuke busted into the twin's room.
His face scrunched up in anger.
Suddenly, he felt himself soften at the sight in front of him.
He saw you lay comfortably next to Atsumu, his muscular hands holding you close to his body.
The setter's blanket lay on top of you two.
Both of you were fast asleep.
Kita's jaw dropped.
He tip-toed towards the box of DVDs and quickly grabbed one.
He knew he was going to scold Atsumu once he woke up, for making the rest of the group wait so long.
And for whatever this was.

Kita's silhouette cast shadows upon the dimly lit room as he crept over towards the doorway.
He was furious.
But even though he didn't want to admit it.
A small smile had crossed his face from just seeing you two.

—•—

Rubbing your still tired eyes, you approached your doorstep.

Waking up next to Atsumu sure had shocked you, and you managed to sneak out of the Miya Twin's house unnoticed.
Since everyone else was too busy watching the movie.
A strange feeling was weighing down on your stomach.
Ignoring it you unlocked the door and headed inside.

As soon as you stepped foot in the house your father hugged you tightly.
The action made you jump, but you returned his embrace.

"What- he's home so early?"

This was very unlike him.
He slowly let go of you, a wide grin on his face.

"I got good news!" He exclaimed.

"Really? What is it?" your curiosity was eating you whole.

"Well, first off I apologize for not being home often. I've just been working extra hard lately..." Your father paused.
"For you."

"For me?" you raised an eyebrow.

"Yes of course. I knew Japan was never where your heart belonged. And afterall
I want to do whatever I can to make you happy." He continued.

The pit in your stomach grew larger and larger.

"We're moving back home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 101 16
๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐€ ๐’๐‡๐˜ ๐†๐”๐˜! A love story, Suna Rintaro finds interest in a rather popular girl in his area, and she also goes to the same campus. She...
121K 2.9K 24
Y/n is starting at Inzarizaki high in her second year with her childhood friends, the Miya twins. What would happen when she meets a certain Suna Rin...
131K 5.5K 21
โ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐€๐‹๐–๐€๐˜๐’ ๐๐‘๐ˆ๐๐†๐ˆ๐๐† ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐Ž ๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐˜๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†!โž ยฐโ™ก. โ‹„เฆ“ โคฟ๐€๐“๐’๐”๐Œ๐” ยฐโ™กโ‹„. ใ€ดit's a challenge dea...
58.9K 1.5K 29
โ†ฃโ†ฃ"๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ; ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€."โ†ขโ†ข โ™ก๐—œ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...