The Hunted { old version }

By TeaNHeartache

They call them enforcers-They are the ones that come in and clean up when laws have been broken. They are the... More

Take a Bite
You Can't Hide From the Wolf
Secrets Between Prisoners
History Repeats Itself
Enforce This!
The Scapegoat
Clearing the Air
I Knew I Smelled Trouble (Part 1)
I Knew I Smelled Trouble (Part 2)
Tumble With the Enforcer
The Great Escape. Not.
What If a Spy Was One of Us?
Bare My Mark
Tame My Mouth
Dirty Blood?
Whose Got a Better Plan?
The Kiss of a Fey
I've Got the Devil's Touch
Howl Like Wolves
Just Call me Little Red
I Touched The Butt
Who Do You Think You Are? Casanova?
What's in a Name?
Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave...
Control is Overrated
Sleeping Arrangement
Take On Me
Eat Your Words
In The Neighborhood
Hot and Steamy
Oh That Sexual Healing
Can We Make This a Covalent Bond?
The Shift
Queen Bimbo Vs. Raging Death Machine
Something Only Fools Believe In
Submission? What do I look like to you?
Add That to Your Vocabulary
Who Is The Real Monster?
Missing In Action
Heart of Darkness
The Things That Bind Us
Just a Touch of Silver Makes The Naughty Wolf Cry
The Return of The Devil Touched Girl
We Must Be Killers
This isn't The End
My One and Only Alpha
An Unforeseen Enemy
A Homecoming
Claim Me I'm Yours
Epilogue: In Light of The Full Moon
It's not over! DON'T WORRY! :P
Update | Rewrite

Rules of The Pack

82.7K 3.5K 241
By TeaNHeartache

Sasha and I are sitting across from each other in the small room both of us wearing similar expressions. “I’m really getting tired of being chained up” She comments tugging on the chains at her ankles. I sigh and look towards the door thinking about Mikhail and the way he had looked at me. 

“You’d think they’d have more appreciation for us saving their lives. Men!” Sasha groans, “See if I help them again. Next time I’ll let you idiots die!” she yells out to no one in particular. I look back to her and understand she is just as frustrated as I am  but more then that she’s worried about Gideon. I don’t have to hear her say it out loud to know by the way she’s acting. Her eyes meet mine and then she looks way with a huff. When the door to the room open we both turn to see who is coming in. A young kid probably about fifteen comes in with some food. He looks like he’s a little nervous as he comes into the room. He sets the food down where we can reach and then stands there awkwardly for a moment. 

I look him over and I catch an odd scent coming off of him. I wrinkle my nose as I take in another breath. He has a rogue smell to him and I tilt my head to the side, “Is there something you want?” I ask him curious. His brown eyes flicker to me and his eyes widen a little as if this is the first time anyone has ever spoken to him. Sasha has already snatched the tray of food up, “Seriously? They want us to eat this?” She complains. I ignore her as I continue to stare up at the boy, a soft smile spreads across my lips, “Thank you for bring us something to eat. I was starving…” I reach out towards the tray and grab it. 

He still seems to be in a daze, perhaps he’s mute or something. I think to myself as I look away from him to the food. Sasha is right about that though, it doesn’t look very edible. “Y-yo-you’re like me?” The boy seems to find his voice and I look back up to him with a little surprise. He looks away from we quickly his hands clenching into fists at his sides. I tilt my head a little and that’s when I notice the marks on his body. It looks like tiny scars as if he’d been beaten many times in his life. 

“Hey kid!” Sasha talks to him completely unaware of what was going on between us. He looks towards her and she gives him a smile, “Would you mind taking these back and bringing us something a little more—well just more?” She asks him. He looks down at the food he’s brought us and then to his feet, “T-this is w-what they gave me.” He replies, “It would be disobedient to ask for something else.”  

Sasha looks to him with confusion and then to me. I didn’t understand everything about werewolf society but I understood enough that you didn’t go against the orders of those higher than you in the pack. Though I had a feeling that this kid wasn’t a member of the pack but more like a slave to it. I felt a pang of sadness as I looked at him, “What’s your name?” I ask him gently. 

He keeps his eyes trained on the ground a look of submission, “I don’t have one—“ He replies. Sasha jumps into the conversation with a snort, “You’ve got to be kidding.” I look over to her with a glare and she quickly shuts up. I turn my attention back to the boy, “Earlier you asked me if I was like you? What did you mean by that?” He seems to remain silent for a moment and then gathering his courage he looks to me, “You belong to the Enforcers like I belong to the pack…” I feel a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as I come to understand completely what is happening. Who knew how long this kid had been like this, maybe sense a little kid. All because he who his parents were. He didn’t look like he could hurt a fly. 

My wolf seemed to sense my anger and she began to pace back in forth in her cage. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down, “You and I, we are the same.” I say giving him what I hoped was a reassuring smile, “And that’s why when I get out of here. I promise that I will take you with me.” I say with conviction and I mean it. I will not leave this poor kid here to become some kind of whipping boy for a pack. No matter what he is, he doesn’t deserve something like that. His brown eyes seem to spark for a moment at my words. 

The door opens quickly, “Boy! Hurry up! No talking with the prisoners!” The man yelled into the room. The young kid started at the voice and then quickly scurried from the room the door slamming shut behind him. It’s quiet for a moment and then Sasha speaks, “Do you really think you should have been promising things like that?” I look over to her with a dark expression from the dark mood that is taking over me and she just holds up her hands in surrender before leaning her head back against the wall. 

Was this sort of thing a normal practice in packs? To keep other wolves as pets? It just didn’t sit well with me at all. If this is the way that things were then perhaps it was better to live outside of pack life. 

I must have dosed off after a while because when I woke up again it was because someone kicked my foot hard. I opened my eyes and looked up to find Dante looking down at me, “Mikhail is awake. He wants to talk to you.” I don’t say anything as he bends down and unlocks the chain on my ankle that’s been anchoring me to the room. I rub my ankle a little and then stand up quietly. I look over to see the Sasha is curled up on the floor sleeping soundly. 

“Don’t even think about running. You’ve already caused enough trouble around here as it is.” Dante says to me as he arms onto my arm and pulls me beside him to the door. I want to yank my arm free from his hold but I know it wouldn’t do me any good. We exit the room and suddenly were outside and around us is a small compound like set up. A giant open space in the center with a fire pit. There are a couple of wolves nearby that look in our direction with curiosity as Dante drags me beside him toward another building. 

I catch a familiar scent and I turn my head to see the boy from earlier standing near another man. Our eyes connect for a moment and I give him a smile. The man catches the gesture and quickly grabs the boy by the nape of his next and pushes his head down so he’s looking at the ground, “You know better than to look people in the eyes! Disrespectful piece of—“ I break from Dante and the next thing I know I’ve got the man on the ground underneath me my fangs barred at him. 

He looks up at me with complete surprise and I take the palm of my hand and slam down into the side of his head, “Don’t. Ever. Touch. Him. Like. That. Again.” I say as I continue to hit him, “YOU FILTHY ANIMAL!” I feel strong arms come around my stomach and pull me off of him. I struggle in their hold unaware of anything other than the force of my anger. I know my eyes are flashing their deadly silver. The man pulls himself up off the ground clearly angry now that a crowd has gathered to see the fact that I had knocked him down. 

“You little bitch!” He snarls at me his body shaking, “Do you even know who I am?” His questions, “I’m the beta of this pack.” He clarifies puffing out his chest. That doesn’t matter to me or my wolf though, all I know is that my wolf wants to kill him and I couldn’t agree with her feelings more. I pull at the arms hold me back, “I don’t care who you are!” I yell, “I’ll rip your throat out if you ever talk to that kid like that again.” His eyes widened for a moment and then narrow, “Are you threatening me?” 

“No, I’m promising you!” I growl low in my throat. 

“What is going on out here?” A deep voice calls out of behind us. The man looks up quickly and then bows his head deeply, “I apologize Alpha. I was dealing with an unruly and disrespectful prisoner.” His eyes flicker to me for a moment and then back down to the ground. The crowd that had gathered round seems to have grown extremely quiet. I am still squirming until the arms around me tighten, “Stop moving!” Dante whispers harshly into my ear. 

“Dante!” Mikhail’s voice rings out in the silence. His voice sounds menacing and my body stills completely at the sound. I feel Dante’s body tense and slowly he put me back down on the ground and removes his arms from my waist. I look back to find Dante with his head lowered a bit almost if asking for forgiveness but for what I wasn’t to sure. I looked around him to see Mikhail standing next to the man from the clearing earlier. He was looking at me with a very tense expression. I swallowed hard trying to look anywhere else but his eyes. 

They both approach slowly and every step that brings them closer I feel the desire to tuck tail and run in the opposite direction. My eyes find there way to my feet and I stare down at them not wanting to look at Mikhail. They come to a stop a few feet from us, “Now what is happening?” The Alpha asks of his Beta. He raises up from his bowed position, “The prisoner and the rogue slave were sharing secret looks. So I was punishing him when the girl attacked me like a crazed animal.” It’s not like he’s lying about what happened but it’s not like I just did it for no reason. I clench my hands into tiny fists at my sides. 

I feel the hot gaze of the Alpha on me and I stiffen up. I try to take in a calming breath but I’m hit with a scent that makes me bristle up. My head snaps up and I look directly at the Alpha. His scent, I’ve smelt it before. I don’t remember when but I know I have. My wolf is growling deeply inside me as I try to piece it together. I feel a hand come to the back of my head and force me to look back down at the ground, “How dare you look an Alpha in the eyes before being spoken too!” Dante snaps at me. 

I hear a tense growl ripple out of Mikhail and Dante quickly removes his hand from me. Mikhail steps forward toward me, “Alpha I apologize for the prisoners conduct. She is—“ It seems like he’s search for the words, “She is from an unusual pack. They are more progressive.” He says in a smooth and persuasive voice. If by unusual pack he means ‘rogue’ then sure. The area is quiet for a moment, “All is forgiven Mikhail. Just get her out of my sight and keep her on a leash.” His last comment makes me feel a flash of anger but I bite my tongue. 

“I will.” Mikhail agrees. The Beta seems displeased by the verdict but he follows after the Alpha who turns and leaves. The crowd disperses and I’m left standing there looking at the ground. I can feel the anger flowing off of Mikhail and I’m afraid to look up. “Dante please take care of the young boy he looks a little upset.” I look up at his words towards the boy I had been defending. His dirty face is stained with tears and he’s looking at me with relief like he’d been afraid for me. Dante nods his head and quickly ushers the boy away with him. 

I slowly turn back to Mikhail who is looking down at me, his blue eyes glowing, “You have been a very bad girl!” His tone is harsh and I flinch. He reaches out and grabs onto my upper arm, “Looks like you need to be punished.” He turns and dragging me behind him as he heads back toward the building he had originally left. I try to pull back a little but it’s no use. I can’t match his strength, “What are you going to do to me?” He looks back over his shoulder at me his eyes heated, “What I should have done to you in the beginning—” Terror runs through me as we reach the open door and he practically throws me through it into the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 440 22
If you were to ask any werewolf where their life really started to mean something most would tell you it was when they first laid eyes on their mate...
1.1M 27.9K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...
70.2K 2.1K 27
I am Maria Silverstone. When I was a little girl, I was kidnapped from my pack. My parents are the Luna and Alpha of the Silverstone Pack, or were...
488 14 31
Meridian has dedicated her life to the growth of her pack. When her mate mysteriously shows up in her life, things begin to seem perfect. That is, un...