❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

By thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... More

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |

4.5K 594 135
By thegirlinstarydreams

I am a prisoner of my own thoughts ,

Waiting for someone to set me free .

***

" I formally proposed her to be my girlfriend , and also told her my feelings ." Manik  said .

Mukti's expressions became stunned and surprised thinking , did her brother really told Nandini  his feelings or is it her ears which are not hearing properly .

" You confessed ? " she asked in shock . Manik just gave her a small nod and she ranted " When ? How ? Where ? Did she said yes ? " 

Manik ignored her bossy tone that she used to ask him , but he answered her casually " In front of her house . And she said she needed time to grasp all the things and then answer ." 

" Ohh My sweet god , Can you please give some romance tips to my unromantic brother ."Mukti sighed lying back on the sofa literally pleading god , Manik stifled his chuckle at her sister's drama and just picked an apple from the basket and also the knife.

She got up in an instance , and gave him a deadly look and said " What did I tell you ? You have to confess her romantically , how can you confess her so casually , You proposed on her on the street , Didn't you think of buying flowers or any goods for her , Did you kneel infront of her ? " As she asked him , Manik just rolled his eyes at the last question which made her sure that he didn't even knelled infront of her . 

" She didn't refuse me . She said she needs time . If my proposal was as horrible as you think then she would have refused me bluntly . " Manik said removing the peel of the apple .

Mukti looked at him with a frustrated look and said " That will because she didn't want to embarrass you ." 

Manik continued to peel the apple ignoring her words , while Mukti sighed and said " It would be possible that she has a tiny winy feeling for you .* Manik smiled at her statement but didn't looked at her * But No women will ever say yes to such a blunt confession, even if had sincere feelings ."   

His expressions grimed ,  Mukti patted his shoulder and said " Bro , think over it , Maybe you can cover this the other time ." 

Manik just kept the knife back on the table and removed the peel of the apple in a straight go , Mukti gasped looking at this and said " How you did that ? " Manik ignored it and pushed the apple in her mouth and with a smile he said " This is your reward for letting Nandini to have her store in your place, You thought wisely ." 

Mukti  gasped how can he talk about something which not  the main topic of the discussion , She held the apple and looked at him as he went to his room and said " Manik Malhotra you are hopeless ." 

----

Few Days After

 Aurora Healthcare 

Manik moved out of the OT rotating his neck as he was tried due to continuous third surgery of the day , As he moved out he heard his name being called from the side , he turned to his left and saw Abhi settled on one of the bench drinking his coke , while he threw the other coke bottle towards him , Manik gave a little smile at his best friends and caught the coke bottle and walked forward , while Abhi went near him and tapped his shoulder and said " I heard you broke another record today , A very risky and dangerous operation you did it with fine ease without having any complications .  I am proud of you that you did this kind of operation with ease . "

" It's my job to do any type of operation with ease and not letting the patient to be uncomfortable . " Manik said as they leaned to the glass balcony of the corridor . 

" But aren't  you afraid that the patient will die on the operation bed ? How will you explain it to the family if it happens ? " Abhi asked him .  

" I don't have anything to explain them . The risks the operation comes with are already made clear to them ." Manik said without any emotion not letting his mind to wonder if any of his patient die during an operation .  

" If we could reason them , Then I believe  I would still be in the top cardiologist team of the hospital ." Abhi said looking at the department of cardiology in the next lobby . 

" You didn't left the top team because of some medical dispute . You left it because you didn't wanted to be controlled . Don't fake your sadness now . " Manik said with seriousness in his voice . Abhi first used to work in the same hospital with him , but after a little dispute as between the senior doctors , faculties and him he left the hospital . 

" Mean , How can someone tolerate you , you don't have any empathy ." Abhi said accusing him . 

" If empathy has any use , then what do we need doctors for ? And I am very pleased with y medical skills . So I will your empathy to those little nurse you enjoy to flirt with ." Manik said looking at him as he drank his coke. 

" Huh Manik , Don't put me on the wrong side , I am not interested in them , I didn't even flirted with any of the nurses in your hospital..." Abhi said but he was just in seconds opposed by Vibha who came from behind and said " That's because in our hospital they are well versed with self defense even from flirting , so they know how to protect themselves from your flirt ." 

She smirked at Abhi , While Manik chuckled at what Vibha said , Abhi made a bad face and said " What do you both want now ? You two are bullying me again ? I am always your bullying target since college. Now it will happen again , you two will team up against me . Come on , I came here travelling the high traffic of Mumbai , just to have lunch with you , can you both be nice to me  ." 

Vibha smirked at him and said " Okay then , let's have lunch , the bill will be in your tabs ." And patted his shoulder and moved infront smiling . Manik chuckled at Abhi's expression which were price less and to make it more priceless he said " Thanks for the lunch invitation , I much starved , let's get your wallet empty ."  And he moved behind Vibha smirking as the only words Abhi could utter was " what ? Why me ? " 

" Come on abhi , I am starved ." Manik said walking infront , and abhi followed him with a scowl and mentally counting the amount of cash he is currently having in his pocket . 

----

 Affection : Expression of Love 

Aryaman was explaining his workers the strategy they are going to follow this month , he was telling them the details of small small things which can increase their sales and in the midst of the meeting his phone rang , he excused for a minuted and picked out his phone and saw it was Aliya , without showing any emotions on his face he cut the call while started explaining again . But after a few seconds his phone rang again , sighing he pulled his phone and saw it was Aliya again , he told the works the meeting will continue afterwards and he moved out to attend the call , while the workers looked at him in amusement as he never leaves a meeting due to a call even when he was with Nandini , but now he left the meeting . 

" What do you want now Aliya ? " Aryaman said as soon as he picked the call .

" Aryaman ? "  he heard a very timid voice from the other side which he knew doesn't belongs to aliya , but to her mother . 

" Aunty ? what happened ? " he questioned .

" Umm it's Aliya , She fainted ." Her mother said in a very low voice not wanting to disturb her daughter who was sleeping due to sedatives . 

" What ? " Aryaman said in shock listening the things Aliya's mom said . 

" Son , will you come to see her ? " Aliya's mom asked him , Aryaman thought for a second and said " umm , I have meetings , I can't come . " he said and cut the call . 

----

Nandini was settled in a very fancy beauty parlor scrolling on her phone , while her mother Pragya was having a full spa treatment like a queen . 

" You too should get this Spa Nandu , your skin will glow . " Pragya said relaxing on her chair , Nandini rolled her eyes at her mom and said " I don't need it . I look quite good without it ."

" Come on Nandu , You have a boyfriend now , you should at least dress and get ready for him ." Pragya said , making Nandini bite her inner cheek , while her mom continues " You know when I do all this routine , pampering myself , and go home , your father's eyes twinkle seeing me and that's what makes me and him happy . These small small surprises makes your partner love you more ." 

Nandini with a smile looked at her mother , she knows her parents are madly in love with each other , moreover their marriage was a love marriage only where her mother eloped with her father to marry him .

" Mom , I know you and dad love each other very much . I have seen your PDA from my childhood and I am fed of watching it . " Nandini said giving her attention back to her phone . 

" You have Dr . Manik now Nandu , we will not mind if you both display your affection publicly . " Pragya said which Nandini let slide by . 

" By the way How are you two recently ? Why don't you bring him home for dinner ? " Pragya asked , Nandini faking a smile said lowly " We are good mom ."

" You doesn't sound good . Did you both had a fight ? " Pragya asked her looking at her very curiously . 

" No No No ." Nandini said immediately  not wanting her mom to get curious on her relation. But it happened and Pragya just looked at her . Nandini immediately shifted her gaze to her phone which pinged with a message notification , to avoid her mother's more question she clicked the message not knowing it was from her fake boyfriend , who just proposed her some days ago urf Manik . 

" It's been 3 days and 13 hours from the day i asked you , you should have thought about it over by now . You can give me your answer if you are ready ." 

----

Manik peeped over his phone as he took a morsel of his food , he opened his message box and clicked on Nandini's messages and was refreshing it again and again so that he doesn't miss a new message from her . 

" Manik , it's lunch time dude , let your phone rest for a moment . " Abhi said as they both along with Vibha had came to have lunch in a restaurant .

" By the way , what important information are you waiting for ? ." ABhi asked him ,as it's rare to see Manik waiting for something , or moreover spending his time seeing his phone . 

" Nandini ." Manik said , making vibha and Abhi look at him . 

" Wait , that's not true , even it's because of Nandini you wouldn't have held your phone during the whole journey and waited for her message .  " Abhi said to him and then picked the glass of water and asked " What's so urgent ? " 

" I confessed to her ." Manik said fluently eating his lunch , while his comment made Abhi choke on water and Vibha to stop eating . 

----

" Dr. Manik , I don't think we are made for each other ." Nandini typed to respond to his message but within a nano second she backspaced the whole message knowing that what she is writing is not true .

Pragya observed her daughter's stress and nervousness her face was expressing seeing the message but didn't said anything just kept observing her . 

" Dr. Manik , I think , I just got out of a relationship and I don't want to enter the next one so soon . I want to first concentrate on want I am doing . I am sorry ." She thought that she will write this to give him a response . She closed his messages and moved to the other person's inbox and messaged " Bro, need your help , call " 

----

" Are you serious , My god that's great . Where did you learn how to confess ? "  Abhi asked him with excitement dripping from his face , like finally his best friend will have a love life after all .

" Shouldn't i confess if i love someone ? " Manik said rolling his eyes at the last comment Abhi made . 

" Yes , yes you are right ." Abhi said nodding his head in yes . 

" Weren't you pretending to be lovers ? " Vibha asked , her voice was giving the hint of the jealousy and hatred she has for Nandini now . 

 " Before , yes . However , now i think it will be great to be a real couple ." he said not noticing her voice . 

" So , a lie is becoming true ." Vibha said in a taunting voice which was much noticed by Abhi and manik but manik let it slide and said " You can say that . " 

She sighed and smiled bitterly and asked " Manik , we have known each other for so many years , and I have never seen you love any girl like Nandini before . What's so special about Nandini Murthy , That made you confess her ?"

***

❤ Chapter 27 ❤

First of all Thank you for all the precious votes and comments the last chapter got , i has  a burst of happiness reading all your comments , i will try to comment back soon . 

How was it . 

I know it's short , for that I am extremely sorry ,I was busy with my college assignments and also I was  scheduling  my writing pattern and giving a little time for the destiny plot .  

From Destiny I remember , hands up who have read " Destiny brings Two souls together  " 

If you haven't you have a chance to read one like it , and the ones who are missing it I am sure you will like the new concept , so follow up to get a notice when it is updated .

A question related to it , I hope you will answer it . 

What was the best bond you liked in that story ? 

I will update this story every Monday so i hope it will make your Monday happy . 

Lastly , what do you guys think Manik will answer Vibha , or will he answer her or not . 

Stay Safe 

Thank you .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5.4K 36
Her calm creates chaos in him His behaviour is something she can't tolerate but they don't know when they become part of each other's life and all...
70.6K 3.1K 7
A series of short stories, featuring Manik/Parth and Nandini/Niti as protagonists. ❤ List of stories:- 1. A Day With Me (2/2) 2. It's Never Too Late...
45.8K 3.5K 11
Hi guys this is a short story of our favourite couple manan . This story is about how manan fall in love and support each other in their hard times...
181K 11.1K 23
A love story of two friends who live together from childhood ....But in teens we all get differences ......So will their teenage become the reason of...