Guardian Angel | Minsung

By j-onesunshine

Jisung is a depressed, insecure boy that needs help. Minho is his guardian angel, attempting to give the boy... More

prequel
I. Heaven
II. Reality
III. Earth
IV. Blooming
V. Chaos
VII. Friendship
VIII. Crushing
IX. Developments
X. Fallen
XI. Together
XII. Clash
XIII. Follow
XIV. Bonus
XV. Last Resort
XVI. Fight
XVII. History
XVIII. Perform
XIV. Close
XX. Side Effects
XXI. Butterflies
XXII. Split
XXIII. Suspicions
XXIV. The Perfect Gifts
XXV. Fairy Lights
XXVI. Fireworks
Epilogue
Sequel/Spinoff

VI. Second Thoughts

2.4K 140 116
By j-onesunshine

Minho had felt like he was losing his mind all day on Friday. The nausiating, anxious feeling that had started in his stomach had spread through his entire body. Like he was about to have a heart attack. It reminded him of something Theos had said to him before coming to Earth.

"You'll feel when your soulmate is in trouble. I can't even begin to describe the feeling, it's like you feel their pain and that they've given up."

When Minho had arrived home, he kept checking his phone. He hoped Changbin had arrived already and that he would've received a text by that point. Sadly for him, Changbin had been m.i.a and wasn't responding to his messages. He also had send a text to Jisung, just one. He didn't want to scare the other in thinking he was obsessed with him, but he did want to show his concerns for his wellbeing. Around 4 pm, the feeling had started to become less prominent, but he still felt it. It was lingering in the back of his mind. Did it mean Jisung was okay? He wished he had more experience with this. Of course, it was impossible as he could only have one soulmate, but he still wished he'd felt this before or at the very least could confirm his thoughts.

He looked at the group chat, memes coming in from both Chan and Seungmin, plus a whole conversation was going on after Hyunjin, Felix and Jeongin had been added. Minho couldn't really focus on it though, the only thing he kept track of was if either Changbin and Jisung had responded at all. Which, they hadn't.
As night fell and there still had been complete radiosilence, Minho decided to test if he could still use some of his angel abilities. The gods had told him he would be mostly human, so surely that ment some things remained? He closed his eyes as he tried to see what Jisung was doing. Minho prayed he wasn't in the shower at that exact moment, that would be rather unfortunate and something he didn't want to see...

Yet. (author note: this is a joke)

As he focused, a room came into his sight. It seemed quite messy, but as the blurry image became clearer he saw something he hadn't expected. He was so shocked to see Changbin and Jisung cuddled up in one bed that he lost focus, his mind coming back to himself completely.
'Changbin said they were only friends? What the crap. Am I looking into this wrong?'

Minho had trouble falling asleep that night, too many thoughts racing through his mind. He had gotten out of bed at around 2, making himself some tea and trying to relax a little before going back to bed. He wouldn't be this stressed if it ment he wouldn't go to Hell if he failed. After some more tossing and turning, he came to the realisation that it was fine if Changbin and Jisung really were dating. It just ment that there was someone else looking after Jisung alongside him, meaning he wouldn't have to be paying attention all on his own. With that reassurance he finally managed to fall asleep, his mind going quiet after hours of concern.

By the time he had woken up, it was already 1 pm. Him falling asleep late must've wore his body out, letting it take the rest it needed. Nevertheless, he quickly grabbed his phone and surely enough, he had a few messages waiting for him.

Changbin 9:04 am

oh fuck i totally forgot

sorry man, yesterday was a little stressful and i completely forgot to send you a text afterwards

jisung is fine, he was just feeling really sick so he went back to bed in the morning :(

he's already doing better tho! he said he'll probably be back to school on monday

oh and i gave him your stuff, he seemed really happy to see you did some stuff even without him :))

Minho let out the biggest sigh of relief in his entire life. Jisung was okay. He mentally thanked Changbin, immediately feeling better after reading the texts. He decided to text Jisung later that day to ask how the younger was doing. For now, he really had to eat some lunch. He quickly responded to Changbin before doing so, though.

Minho 1:15 pm

I'm glad he is feeling better.

Thanks for letting me know and don't worry that it took you a little longer to send it. Sorry if I come off like a mother haha!

Changbin 1:19 pm

no worries bro, glad you care for sungie!~

also did you see the shit that went down in the groupchat lmao, hyunjin send some crazy memes yesterday shjsjshjs

Minho just replied with a simple 'yeah lmao'. He had no idea what the last word he just send ment, but it probably was supposed to mean something was funny. He had heard Felix use it the day prior, so it must be some abbreviation for something just like 'lol'. He was also confused why Changbin had send him a bunch of random letters, but decided to ignore it. He'd do his internet slang research a little later.

The rest of his day went by like usual. He watched some tv and read a book he'd picked up from the library earlier that week. It seemed to be about a cat and its owner trying to find a new home for the cat, for some reasons Minho had yet to find out. It was written really well, viewing from the cat's perspective too some times. Minho didn't know why, but he loved cats so much. Something about the creatures was just so cute and elegant. He looked around his apartment, the quiet suddenly overbearing. It would be nice to have a little friend live with him.

It was around 9 pm. Minho had been looking through some animal shelters online, seeing if he saw a cat that peaked his interest. He wasn't going to lie... all of them seemed adorable to him, but he had to consider the age of the cat as well. He didn't want to abandon a sweet creature like that if his time on Earth got cut short. Speaking off, he got snapped out of his thoughts as the heavy, anxious feeling suddenly returned to him.

Jisung?

He panicked. His gut told him something was wrong, very wrong. He didn't know how to help, not knowing where Jisung lived. He could text Changbin, but if he was right he had a lot of explaining to do. He decided on another, more logical option and went for texting Jisung and hoping for the best. If he got no response in 5 minutes from the boy, he would call Changbin. He grabbed his phone and send Jisung the first message he could think of.

Minho 8:57 pm

Hey Sung (is it okay if I call you that? haha) Changbin told me you were doing a lot better than yesterday, how're you holding up? I was a little worried about you, not going to lie. Hope you rest well and see you on monday?

x Minho

He didn't know if the 'x Minho' thing was necessary, but he felt like sending it. Plus, he hadn't really texted Jisung in private yet, he felt it might be a little awkward. He waited for a response and as he felt like time was running out, the feeling in his chest went down. At that exact moment he got a text from Jisung, confirming that those feelings did have a direct connection to his soulmate.

Jisungie 9:03 pm

Minho hyung, hi! thanks for asking how im doing. sorry i made you worry >.< im alright hehe. im really sorry we couldnt do anything on our project yesterday and today... i dont know if you have some free time, but maybe if you want we can work on it now? like, over videochat? only if you want though!! :) thanks for caring enough to send me a text ^3^

PS. Calling me Sung is fine.
PPS. Why did i send a ps over messages? >.<

Minho's smile had widened enormously. First off, Jisung's way of texting and sending emotes was super adorable, it really showed some of his personality that the older hadn't seem yet. Secondly, he knew he must've stopped Jisung from doing something stupid, the feeling in his chest gone completely for the first time in the last two days. It was now replaced with butterflies. Jisung wanted to videocall with him and somehow, it made him very nervous, giddy and excited all at the same time. He felt like a lovesick teenager and honestly, he didn't care.

Minho 9:07 pm

Sure! ~ I'm available now, lets call call call!

Minho started the call with confidence, waiting for the other half of his screen to show Jisung. When the younger finally picked up, Minho nearly fell from his chair. He blamed it on being surprised the younger picked up so fast.
Jisung looked adorable. A little restless and exhausted but cute nonetheless. He was wearing a light pink sweater, the sleeves covering half of his hands making the younger look so small it seemed as if he was drowning in said sweater. Normally, Jisung wore jeans and a casual black long sleeved shirt, so this was a full 180 to see. Minho wasn't complaining though. He decided to tell the younger what he was thinking in an attempt to flirt with the boy.

"You look really cute, Sung-ah. You should definitely wear more of those clothes, makes you look all tiny and adorable." Even though they were only seeing each other through a screen, he could see Jisung's ears and cheeks turning red. He had told Minho to not say those things, it made him flustered. It had earner the younger a loud chuckle from Minho, which in turn only made his round cheeks even more red.

"I don't see the problem with that, though?" After a little more teasing, the two talked over the phone a little. It started strong, focusing on the project, however as time passed the two just started talking about casual stuff with one another. Who would do schoolwork on a saturday night, anyways? Besides, Minho found out Jisung was really smart and worked fast.

"-- and when I told Changbin, he literally burst out laughing to the point of crying! It was hilarious, you should've seen him. He could barely breath, doubled over face all red!" Minho smiled fondly as he watched the younger talk excitedly from the other side of the screen. He had never seen Jisung talk this much, and he secretly hoped the younger was warming up to him. He really wanted to be friends with him, so he crossed basically all his fingers and his toes, hoping that he was right. It made him remember what Changbin had told him, that Jisung's could be very hyper around those he is truly comfortable with.

"Changbin is such a nice guy, you two are super lucky together." Minho really believed the two of them were dating at this point, but when he said that Jisung gave him the most confused look ever before bursting out into a fit of giggles. Minho would've died from a sugar overdose right there, Jisung was adorable and he definitely would do anything to make Jisung laugh all the time. It just made the younger boy glow and show some sparkles in the usually dull eyes.
"Y-You think? We? Haha! Changbin and I-I?? Are dating? PPFFFFFSHH hahaha." It took Jisung a solid 3 minutes to calm down, Minho feeling slightly embarrassed for thinking something that apparently was very out of the ordinary. "We're best friends. I've known him since I was 7. As we grew up together, we found out we had the same dreams. He was there for me through everything and I do my best to be there for him too. Although he definitely does a better job at that than I do." As he saw Minho's sheepish laugh, he felt bad for the other. Did he laugh too much? "I-I guess I can see where you're coming from though... We call each other the most sickeningly sweet things sometimes, but it's just how we are. Changbin is very straight though, at least, from what I know. He was interested in a girl like three weeks ago, but who knows? Maybe he's bi!"

"I'm sorry. I seemed to have been way off!" Minho laughed it off, feeling relieved the boys were in fact not together. "I think you guys would look like a couple to anyone who doesn't know you."

"I consider him my soulmate. But on a friendship level, you know?"

Minho had to hold everything in him together in order to not let out the loudest snort in existence. 'If only you knew, Jisungie.' He found it hilarious the younger thought like that. A human could only have one soulmate ever. Otherwise, what's the point of a soulmate? It means your souls are connected and Minho didn't think his soul would be connected to Changbin as well. Could that even be a thing? He surely wouldn't mind also having Changbin as his soulmate, that guy was one or the best people he ever had the pleasure of meeting. He just laughed the idea off, deciding someone else deserved to have Changbin all to themselves.

"W-What? You think what I said was childish, huh? Well... maybe you're right and those things don't really exist."

Minho quickly looked up, not missing the frown on the younger's face. "Oh no, not at all! I believe in soulmates too, but more in the sense of loving someone unconditionally, like romantically? I think if you love someone like that, they naturally become your best friend as well. But everyone can have their own opinions, so I think what you said is totally valid, if you feel and think that way!" Minho's words had seemed to make the younger think for a while.
"Well, maybe you're right? I don't think I've found my soulmate yet. But Changbin is basically that for me now. I don't even know if I'd be ready to love someone else like that, you know? It's kind of a big deal. I need to work on self love before I can even begin to think of giving someone else those type of feelings."

"You're really cute, Jisung." It had slipped out and Minho's eyes widened when he realised he had said it out loud. He quickly continued, trying to not make the situation awkward. "I mean that as in, it's admirable that you want to work on yourself before giving your attention to someone else. It's a shame you feel like you can't love someone else right now, though. I hope whatever is troubling you will be fixed soon. I know you have Changbin to talk to, but feel free to vent to me as well! We may have only known each other for a week, but I think you're a good person and a great friend to have! Lets make a lot more memories together, the... well, all of us?" Minho snickered at the end, feeling a little shy after all of that.

"Thanks, hyung. It really means a lot. I feel like Changbin could catch a break from me as well, haha! Also... now that you said that at the end, who are Felix, Hyunjin and Jeongin?"

"Oh, right, you weren't there yesterday... Hyunjin is from my other classes and we decided to hang out at lunch with Changbin, Chan and Seungmin. His friends tagged along and now we got more friends! Exciting, huh?" Minho smiled, happy to meet more people and hopefully become great friends in the future. He couldn't tell how anxious it made Jisung but the younger knew something like that could happen eventually. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt happy that Minho hyung had decided to invite them to his friend group, rather than leave him for the other three boys.

"I get very nervous around new people, especially when there's a lot of them. I, uh... nevermind. It sounds dumb what I wanted to say."

"I'm sure it's not as dumb as you think Jisung, you can tell me!" He gave an encouraging smile and the boy seemed to decide within himself whether or not to spill what he was thinking or not. Jisung sighed as he nodded his head.

"Could you, uhh... sit next to me? A-At lunch, I mean! On Monday! I just really don't want someone new to sit down next to me. I have just started getting comfortable around you." Minho felt a sense of pride rise within him. Jisung wanted him to sit next to him. Jisung felt more comfortable around him already. He didn't know why he was so happy, but looking at the boy through his screen, he could tell it ment a lot to the younger as well.

"I will gladly sit next to you on Monday, Jisungie!"

That night, Jisung decided not to take his own life like he had planned to do a little after Changbin had left. He had felt terrible that he still had those desires and thoughts even after Changbin had comforted him all day but he just couldn't help it. His life hadn't miraculously fixed itself in that short time and the voices had just returned the second Changbin had closed the front door behind him. However, the empty, sad feeling he got when he realised he was all alone had dissapeared when he had gotten Minho's text. It had felt extremely weird to see someone care about him other than his best friend. After his two and a half hour talk with Minho, his fears and worries had seemed to have dissapeared, if only for a short time. He wouldn't want to admit it to himself but as he fell asleep, he couldn't help but be excited to sit next to Minho at lunch that Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHH WASN'T THIS SOME CUTE SHIT. i think it was :)

n e ways, minho finally doing some guardian angel shit, keeping jisung from kys'ing. (this feels more appropriate to write rather than the full words. heavy shit, you know?)

ALSO THEIR FRIENDSHIP IS STARTING AND IT IS TIME FOR SOME 'SOFT' HOURS BITCHES.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 9.1K 55
in which lee minho just broke up with his girl friend, and hwang hyunjin is really lonely. HIGHEST RANKINGS! #1 in 'hyunho' - 04/01/2...
424K 23.3K 41
{Completed} They share the same friends, they share similar interests, but they do not share any affection. Minho and Jisung have always had a dislik...
543K 25.9K 20
In which Jisung was just trying to get through his first year of university without any trouble. That is, until he found himself tangled up with his...
531K 17.6K 60
#CHANLIX. | 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺, 𝘥𝘢𝘥𝘢'𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺?