Just One Day (Bakudeku)

By Astranger015

Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital... More

Trouble Maker
Community Service
Mystery Person
Home
Talking
Halloween Party
Confessions?
A Bad Day
Rival
A Pinky Promise
Phone Number
Thanksgiving Party
Toy Drive
Movie Night
Mistletoe
Christmas
New Years
Some Fun
Eri's Surgery
Files
First Date
Story Time
Decisions
We Need To Talk
Heartbreak
Heartache
Regrets
Together Again
Together Again (part two)
Prom Night
After Party
Cuddles
Just One Day
Blame
Tomorrow
Denial
A Kept Promise

The Truth

11.1K 487 846
By Astranger015

Izuku sat in his hospital bed lightly tracing his fingers over the strings of his guitar, finally getting the hang of how to play the instrument.

He was about to start practicing a few chords when his door suddenly burst opened causing him to flinch back at the sudden loud noise.

"IZUKU!"

"K-KACCHAN!?"

Izuku stuttered out as his eyes wide in surprise upon seeing the spiky-haired blonde standing by his door.

"W-what are you doing here!?" He stuttered out while leaning the guitar he was playing up against the wall beside his bed. "I should be the one asking you that!" Bakugou said and walked over to the bed Izuku was sitting on.

Izuku bit his lip as he looked away from the blonde trying to figure out what he should say. "I have a really bad stomach ache?" Izuku said while smiling up at Bakugou trying and failing to convince the teen.

"You and I both know that's a lie and I'm starting to think your first 'stomach ache' was a lie too." Bakugou told him while putting air quotes when he said stomach ache. Izuku averted his eyes from the blonde and a small frown appeared on his face. "How'd you find me?" "I was helping sort out files and I saw yours..." Bakugou said and watched as Izuku began to squeeze onto the blanket that was covering his legs.

"Why'd you have to come today..." He mumbled out softly making Bakugou's heart twitch in pain seeing how the greenette who was always happy and excited to see him is now upset and refusing to look him in the eyes.

Bakugou looked around the hospital room,  noticing how it almost looks like it could be someone's actual bedroom. There were superhero posters taped to the walls along with a couple of soccer ones. There were a few action figures standing on top of the dresser which had a small tv monitor above it that was currently switched off. The room also had a window seat which had a couple of throw pillows on it along with a plain green hoodie.

It really would look like a normal kids bedroom if it weren't for the hospital bed which had a heart monitor next to it along with an iv drip.

"You actually live here don't you?"  Bakugou asked looking back down at Izuku who clutched onto his blanket tighter while nodding his head slowly still choosing not to look at the blonde. Bakugou then sat on the edge of the bed so his back was facing Izuku.

"Can you tell me why?" He asked gently and waited for Izuku to respond.

Izuku's mind was buzzing with thousands of thoughts and questions. All about how Bakugou will react if he were to tell him the truth for being at the hospital.

The questions ranged from how much he should tell Bakugou to what will happen to their relationship. This eventually leads Izuku to spiral down in a trail of doubt. He began doubting that Bakugou would still treat him the same way or that he would still want to be with him. Just the thought of breaking up made Izuku start to shake.

Bakugou glanced over at Izuku seeing the boy trembling slightly. He reached out and gently placed his hand on top of Izuku's making the younger boy stop shaking and look up at him. Bakugou gave him a soft smile which seemed to calm Izuku's nerves.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Bakugou said softly and rubbed the back of Izuku's hand with his thumb to try and soothe him. Izuku nodded his head slowly before breathing in and letting out a deep breath.

"I'm...sick." Izuku said making Bakugou snort softly. "I mean yeah I kinda figured." Bakugou said and Izuku shook his head. "No, like I'm really sick. If I was to ever go outside I would probably...die." Izuku said his voice trailing off when he said the last word. Bakugou's eyes widened when hearing this.

"Are you serious!?" He asked and Izuku sadly nodded his head. "What kind of fucking sickness is that!?" "A stupid one." Izuku mumbled while he tightens his grip on the blankets yet again. "Out of all the things my dad could have left me with it was his dumb rare illness." "Your dad?" Bakugou questioned and Izuku nodded.

"Wait, is that... is that how he died?" Bakugou asked and Izuku nodded again. "My mom told me that he was sleeping and he had a really bad seizure and yeah..." Izuku explained.
"So c-can that happen to you?" Bakugou asked his eyes full of worry thinking that he could lose Izuku at any time. He happily let out a sigh of relief when Izuku shook his head.

"No my condition doesn't make me have seizures like he did." "So what can happen to you?" Bakugou asked wanting to know what else could possibly happen to his precious Izuku besides the worst thing ever which is death.

"Do you know what SCID or SPS is?" "The first one kinda sounds familiar." Bakugou said and Izuku nodded as if knowing that's what he was going to say. "Yeah, the first one is more commonly known than the other one even though they're both extremely rare. And my dad and I were lucky enough to be diagnosed with both." Izuku said sarcastically frowning sadly afterward. Bakugou reached out and gently caressed his cheek causing Izuku to softly smile up at him.

"*sigh* Okay so stiff-person syndrome or SPS affects my nervous system mainly my brain and my spine. So I get really bad muscle spams which just means the muscles in and around my joints ache and get really tight. It's kinda random but they always happen when I laugh a lot." "When you laugh? But you laugh all the time!" Bakugou exclaimed now regretting all the times he made Izuku laugh.

"Yeah well, I've kinda gotten used to masking out the pain so whenever they start I cough so it doesn't seem like I'm in actual pain. When they happen randomly though I just bite my tongue and smile it off." Izuku explained making Bakugou frown.

"Are those the only time it can happen?" Bakugou asked and Izuku shook his head. "They get even worse when I'm emotionally distressed, when someone touches me, sudden movement, and really loud noises. Though the last two don't really affect me that much. Oh and if it's a really bad spasm I can fracture my bone." Izuku explained and Bakugou slowly started to take his hand off of Izuku's.

"Being touched? That's why you don't like physical contact. And that's why your mom got so mad at us when she saw us dancing together." "Yeah...but after some time with the person..." Izuku started and reached out to hold the hand Bakugou had just pulled away. "I don't get that hurt." He told him and smiled making Bakugou smile as well although now he's concerned about being close to Izuku.

"What about your other sickness." Bakugou asked and Izuku sighed. "Severe combined immunodeficiency or SCID basically I don't really have an immune system so I could get extremely sick really quickly. That's why I can't leave the hospital I can't even open the window since outside contains so many germs and bacteria that are harmless for you but deadly to me." Bakugou silently nodded as he stared down at his hand holding Izuku's, his grip on it tightening before quickly relaxing.

"So you were kept in your room this week because?" He asked still staring down at their hands. "Oh, I get yearly surgery to try and help me manage." Bakugou just nodded. Izuku frowned his eyebrows furrowing together with worry. "Kacchan are you okay?" He asked leaning in closer to Bakugou so he could see his face. "Pfft, I should be asking you that!" Bakugou said looking back up at Izuku with a pained expression in his eyes.

"*sigh* Why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't want you to treat me differently..." Izuku mumbled quietly with his head hanging low. "I feel like if I told you I was sick you'd treat me like some sort of charity case. You would probably just be nice to me out of pity. That's why I didn't want to tell you straight away. I wanted to be with the real you. But I'm sorry for lying... I-I just didn't want to lose you." Izuku mumbled softly.

Bakugou reached out and gently combed away some of the curls in front of Izuku's face causing the greenette to look back up at him. His fingers traced down Izuku's freckled cheek before stopping underneath his chin. "You think some fucking sickness will drive me away from you? I like you too damn much for that." Bakugou told him while leaning in slowly.

"You're not just saying that because you feel guilty right?" Izuku asked. "Ha, trust me I'm not like my parents. When I say that I like you I mean it. Even if we aren't supposed to kiss." Bakugou said and continued to lean in while looking down at Izuku's lips. "I don't know... I think we can kiss sometimes." Izuku mumbled out. "Oh yeah?" Bakugou smirked up at him making Izuku blush lightly as he nodded slowly.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Bakugou teased as their noses brushed against one another. Izuku pressed his lips against Bakugou's, his hands coming up to hold the blonde's face. Bakugou's eyes widened in surprise since he didn't expect Izuku to kiss him first but they slowly fluttered closed as he leaned into the kiss more. His hands were on either side of Izuku as Izuku's back was being pressed up against the head of the hospital bed.

Both boys stopped and pulled away as they turned their heads to face the door when they heard a loud thud.

Inko was standing by the doorway with wide eyes as the shopping bag, that was filled with dinner food, she was holding was now on the floor. Her mouth hung open in shock as her trembling finger pointed at the two boys.

"Uh, Heyyyy mom..." Izuku said smiling awkwardly at her.

"Hi, Mrs. Midoriya..." Bakugou said awkwardly worried about how the lady will react.

Inko closed her mouth as her eyebrows began to furrow together in frustration. She pinched the bridge of her nose before letting out a deep sigh. As they watched her trying to calm down both boys started sweating nervously anticipating what she's going to say to them.

"First..." Inko started making both boys nervously gulp. "Get off my son." Inko said through clenched teeth glaring at the blonde who quickly moved away from Izuku and scooted over to the end of the bed.

"Now someone tell me what's going on."

"He's my boyfriend!"

"We're dating!"

Izuku and Bakugou yelled at the same time. Inko eyes widened again as she looked over at her son who turned to look away from her.

"Mrs. Midoriya I just want to say sorry about my behavior to you before, I now know why you're so protective of him. B-but I don't really care if Izuku can't leave I still like-" "Shut up." Inko said cutting Bakugou's sentence off. Her eyes were shut and she used one of her hands to rub her temple while the other was resting on her hip. Izuku and Bakugou shared a worried glance at one another before looking back at Inko.

"Mom-"

"Breakup."

"WHAT!?"

Both boys exclaimed as Inko began to pick up the bag that she had dropped onto the floor. "You heard me." She said as she placed the bag onto the countertop near Izuku's bed. "I'm not breaking up with Izuku!" Bakugou growled glaring at Inko who returned the glare. "Yeah and I'm not breaking up with Kacchan!" Izuku argued back his face setting into a pout. Inko sighed as she went over to Izuku and held his face in her hands.

"Sweetie you know I love you and I want to keep you safe but I don't think that's possible with him around." Inko told him making Izuku frown at her words. "But Kacchan cares about me and I care about him... I feel better when he's around." Izuku mumbled. Inko smiled slightly gently rubbing her thumb against Izuku's cheek before kissing his forehead. "Sorry baby." She said and walked back over to the counter.

Bakugou looked over at Izuku to see his head hanging down low. Bakugou's heart dropped as he began to worry that Izuku is actually going to consider what his mom said.

"Izu-" "That's not fair!" Izuku suddenly said interrupting Bakugou. Inko looked back over to her son to see his eyes narrowed as he frowned up at her. "You got to be with Dad when he was sick but you won't let me be with Kacchan! That's not fair!" Izuku snapped at her surprising both Inko and Bakugou.

"Izuku sweetie you don't understand-" "No! You don't understand! I like Kacchan and Kacchan likes me! I'm happier when I'm with him! W-why won't you just let me be happy!?" Izuku yelled biting his lip after to stop him from shedding tears and from blocking out the spasms he's currently having.

Inko looked into her son's determined eyes which were desperately pleading with her to let them stay together.

Inko may be overprotective but she isn't heartless. She's willing to sacrifice a bit of her son's protection if it means keeping him happy.

"*sigh* Fine." She sighed out causing both boys to look at each other with big smiles on their faces. "Really!?" Izuku asked for reassurance and his mom nodded a small smile resting on her face when she saw how happy her son is. "But you have to follow my rules understand." She told them and they both nodded. Izuku was so ecstatic that he threw his arms around Bakugou's neck embracing him in a hug.

"Rule one no hugging!" Inko yelled as she quickly pulled the two apart causing both teens to laugh.
——————————————————————

😷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 1.1K 10
Bakugo has always been on the harsher side with his smaller classmate, Deku. They grew up together, and Bakugo had always had a soft spot for him tha...
130K 3.5K 20
[ Warning: this story is dark and can have some triggers, PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION !! ] Both Todoroki and Bakugou seem to have a crush on the...
21.4K 542 13
Despite a large age gap, Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya were extremely close. Their personalities thought to clash, developed to complement each...
201K 6.5K 53
Midoriya was the class scapegoat due to his lack of a quirk. In the world of quirks, not all men are created equal. When what's left of his dream is...