A Bridge Divided *ON HOLD*

Por OceanBlu86

Being pushed into a relationship with an older man by the secrets of others, Amani stops at nothing holding o... Mais

Chapter 1
Chpt 2
Chpt 3
Chpt 4
Chpt 5
*Introduction of Characters*
Chpt 6
Chpt 7
Chpt 9
Chapter 10

chpt 8

44 3 4
Por OceanBlu86

Elizabeth Renee Davenport sat behind her desk with a bored expression, slumped forward staring at her computer. She had become stumped on how to word the report that was due to be on the chief of surgeons desk in less than 12 hours. Rubbing at her eyes in frustration she took a deep breath , and bit the bullet and started rubbing her fingers across the buttons on her keyboard. It was a tactic that she had used often back when she was starting as a resident.

~10 minutes later~

After starting the second paragraph on the 3rd page , there was a quick knock on her office door.

"Come in", she replied back without taking her eyes off the computer screen. A nurse by the name of Letty stuck her head in and spoke in hushed whispers, praying against hope that she wasn't interrupting something important.

"Sorry to interrupt Doctor, but we have been trying to page you for the past 10 minutes". Could she had been that into making her report perfect that she didn't hear the page. Lifting her fingers off the keys with furrowed eyebrows,  Elizabeth immediately made eye contact with Letty quickly getting to her feet.

"Letty what's happened?". She said grabbing her I.D. clipping it on the pocket of her scrubs.

"Well you are needed in the E.R. pronto, there is a delicate situation that needs your attention". Letty said with red cheeks, the doctor eyed her co-worker strangely then she just nodded her head and made her way past Letty to the hallway.

After quickly making it to the E.R. they dressed in the proper sanitized clothing , making their way towards the "delicate situation " Letty had described. There was a man in a long sleeve thin brown shirt, he was very muscular and catching the eye of almost every female that was in close proximity. The man had yet to notice her as she made her way towards him , he had been pacing back and forth in front of the closed curtains that was surrounding the bed and patient. After probably hearing her quick foot steps he whipped his head in her direction with a relieved look and stepped further to the side without question. Pulling back the curtain she had to stop the gasp from ripping out her throat, quickly pulling her feelings back into herself and asked the two nurses for the patient's vitals and blood pressure.

Amani's POV:

I heard a repetitive beeping sound as I  felt my ears wake up, trying to turn my head wasn't an easy task. Without opening my eyes I lifted my arms to touch my banging head, but soon came to the understanding of how heavy they seemed. After some struggle I was able to lift one arm raising it towards my neck. As my hand made contact I felt a hard object keeping me from touching the skin on my neck. My eyes refused to open for some reason , feeling sluggish once more I felt my arm slowly fall back to the side of me then everything was silenced.

Micheal's POV:

Bill had found a small deserted area for me to wait in peace, I sat in a chair that was against a brick wall. After 10 minutes of getting here Mr.Curtis made his way in the room along with me and sat , there was a small table built into the chairs making them connect. Bill stood guarding the door, making sure no one just barged in I was pretty sure no one saw me but all it takes is one person.

"Thank you for being there, I don't know what would've happened ha- "
I couldn't even finish the sentence,  I felt as if I would vomit I had been holding it since we got the news.

"You don't have to thank me , I would've done it for anyone knowing it was her and seeing the damage caused somethings from my past to come to light that I'm not proud of." Mr. Curtis replied while holding his head down.

"What does that mean?" I asked looking at him in confusion.

"It means Micheal that you need to watch your back, especially from those who you surround yourself with." He said in a hushed tone.
He then stood walking over towards Bill near the door , on the opposite side of the door there stood a water dispenser machine. Mr. Curtis immediately grabbed a paper cone cup and quickly filled it to the brim before bringing it towards his mouth. He repeated that at least four times before balling the cup up and throwing it in the near by trash. Before I could question him more there was a small knock.

In walked this short light skinned doctor she had, light brown curly hair just pass her shoulders. She smiled towards Bill as he  closed the door back , she then smiled towards Mr. Curtis sticking her hand out towards him. They were in mid- shake when she glanced my direction and paused, I was used to this reaction. I stood and slowly made my way towards her to properly introduce myself, she pulled her hand back from Mr. Curtis staring at me with wide eyes.

"Hello Doctor..."

"It's Doctor Davenport, but you can call me Elizabeth." She said with a bright smile while fingering through her hair pulling it to one side.

"Hello Doctor Davenport,  I'm Micha-"

"I know who you are, what I don't know is why I was instructed to come to you.." she said looking at me with a confused look  before turning towards Mr.Curtis.

"Instead of coming to you?" She says looking between the two of us. After some silence Mr. Curtis decided to take the reigns on the explanation for the time being.

"Well Dr. Davenport,  I'm Edward Curtis  Ms. Sutton's my student I've been hired on as her tutor and I'm a close friend of  her family as well as Mr. Jackson. We're standing in until her family gets here."

I took a deep breath as silent as I could, thanking god that Mr. Curtis made the explanation smooth as possible,  without giving away to the strangeness of the situation.

"Yes if you could please make us privy to any and everything that's happening with Amani it would be greatly appreciated". I said causing her eyes to fall back on me.

She looked towards the floor for a few moments before looking back towards Mr.Curtis and myself. After taking a deep sigh she cleared her throat.

"It's against hospital policy,  but since you asked as nicely as possible and you seem to have her best interest at heart I'll update you on her injuries".

Injuries.. as in more than one, who would do such a thing?

I watched closely as she opened the file she had been holding in her hand.

"O.k. umm.. she suffered from a mild concussion to the back of the head, no real damage after inspecting the cat scan. It was only a few stitches needed, after we stopped the bleeding. She also suffered a bruised shoulder as well as a sprained elbow". She said causing tears to fall silently down my face.

As she turned to the next page I held my breath I felt it was gonna be a biggie.

"There was also some abdominal damage,  there were small wounds circling  the navel area. It was if someone was attempting to remove the entire navel, but was in a hurry." I couldn't stop the loud sob that ripped out my throat , I had to rush back over to the chair so I wouldn't fall down.

For about 5 minutes I cried like a baby with my head in my hands , leaning my elbows on my knees. While getting myself together I felt two hands on both my shoulders,  looking up it was Bill on one side and Mr.Curtis on the other. I looked towards the doctor as she tried to discreetly hide her shiny eyes from me. I cleared my throat and stood wiping my face walking back over towards her.

"I'm sorry continue." I croaked out. She nodded in understanding and went back to looking over the paperwork.

"The abdominal repairs was a success, just going to take awhile to heal, her stomach in that area is going to be a little swollen, I'll be able to further instruct you on how to care for it when she receives her discharge papers". She completed closing the folder.

"Do you have any questions." She asked in a soft tone. I couldn't think of anything in that moment I just wanted to see her, and as if reading my mind.

" You'll be able to see her in about 15 minutes, were trying to let her wake up slowly and assess her pain. I'll back in soon to get you gentleman".

We all thanked her as she headed towards the door. As her hand fell on the knob she turned and looked at me in slight disbelief.

"Two Jackson's in one night, my family is not going to believe me".

"Two." I said in a hushed tone. Before I could question further she was gone. Thats when I noticed Mr. Curtis eyes harden, it actually kind of shocked me cause he always seemed easy to approach. His body language gave off his plush teddy bear mentality, so I didn't expect nothing less. I looked towards Bill as he made his way back posted near the door, his face hardened and his eyes got black as night. I knew that look all to well he was upset very upset, about what is the question.

Taking a deep cleansing breath I felt a whole lot better knowing that Amani was going to be alright. But that nature of the situation still disturbed me, who would attack her it didn't make any sense. She didn't seem like the type that had any enemies, but things just coming at her like an underwater earthquake. I needed answers and I need them now.

"Bill what is going on? I know you know something,  at least enough for us to piece this together."

Bill came closer to me , sat next to me and turned towards my direction. He leaned on his elbows on his knees as Mr. Curtis sat across from us, they made eye contact causing me to tense up.

" O.k. I can't take it anymore, what are you both hiding?." I said standing quickly, and I was about to walk toward the middle of the room until Bill grabbed my arm and insisted I sit back down. I did as he asked after I noticed the strained expression he held. I slowly sat back down looking from Mr. Curtis to Bill, I gently nodded letting Bill know I would listen.

"Mike before we got to the here, I got word that Randy was also rushed to the hospital. They found him beaten up pretty bad and he's here now , he had a minor surgery on his jaw and the bridge of his nose." He said causing me to feel like I couldn't breath.

"Oh my god." I said swallowing the lump I felt in my throat. My head suddenly felt like it was being squeezed to death. My poor little brother he was a prick sometimes got on everybody's nerves often but he didn't deserve this. I always told him that if he didn't be careful and stop listening to our older brother's and their drama that he would find himself in a heep of trouble. But this had to be him being simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, wasn't it?.

"I have to see him as well , is he o.k. Bill?." I said trying not to break down crying again.

"Yes he will be alright Mike, but listen there's something else you need to know." He said placing a hand on my knee squeezing it slightly.

"Now I don't want you to get upset , I want you to remain calm and let us explain to you fully before you come to any conclusions". He said gesturing towards Mr. Curtis.

"Alright". I replied in unsure voice looking at the both of them with furrowed eyebrows.

"Mr. Curtis is the cause of Randy's condition,  he was trying to find an empty washroom during intermission and was going to take a chance to use the ladies room. But when he got there the bathroom was locked".

After hearing that Mr. Curtis was the cause of Randy's condition I was livid, I truly didn't want to hear anymore. I looked toward Mr. Curtis blazed eyes, but he continued looking towards the floor Bill went on speaking causing me to place my gaze back on him.

"He saw Randy coming out that particular bathroom,  sneaking really". He said causing me to gasp and widened my eyes in confusion.

"Sneaking?." I asked out loud to no one in particular.

"Yea sneaking". Bill replied then he looked towards Mr.Curtis, as if to see if he wanted to tell me himself.

"Mr. Jac-".

"Michael please". I said feeling my insides quiver.

"Michael,  Randy was acting weird he looked scared one minute then he was  relaxed the next then tried to talk me out of using the bathroom. Claimed someone had funked it up, but then I heard a cry for help then he looked as if all color drained from his face and started sweating right on cue. Then the cry happened again and it was at that moment he and I both knew I recognized the voice, he tried to run I tripped him up and he fell. I picked him up and pushed back into the bathroom and locked it".

I was honestly afraid of what I would hear next , for whatever reason I felt like all this had something to do with Amani as well.

"When I saw her laying there like that, I swear everything around me disappeared and then it all went red. When I came back to myself I wanted to rip him apart but I didn't at first , I asked him why he did it he started to talk smack you know saying it wasn't none of my business and such and I got angry and hit him in the throat".

I felt sick I honestly did from the sounds of it my own brother attacked an innocent person and was gonna leave her there unconscious and possibly die. I couldn't hear anymore I got up and started pacing the floor until there was a soft knock, Dr.Davenport stuck her head in smiling. She let us know that Amani was waking up and that it would be nice that when she did she should see some familiar faces.

When we entered her room I immediately felt uncomfortable, but when I laid eyes on her I went from uncomfortable to mortified. Why would he do this, my own brother I went from feeling mortified to angry.

"What reason did he have to do this to her?". I asked both men sternly that was in the room along with me. One of her eyes was swollen like a fist had hit it repeatedly, her bottom lip was split and swollen and a little bloody scab forming. As I got closer to the bed she tried to open her eyes but I could tell she was still coming off the rest of the dosage of meds they gave her. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently and she squeezed back.

"Don't worry about trying to talk, you just rest o.k." I said leaning down to the bed and kissing her forehead. As I was standing back up I paused, it was then I noticed the neck brace around her neck. Through the neck brace I saw the red outline thumb print on the left and the right sides of her neck. "I'll be right back o.k." I said to her as she made a soft sound of acknowledgment from her throat.

I made my way into the hall and Bill followed suit, Mr. Curtis stayed behind leaning against the window with shiny eyes. I didn't blame him.

"Bill have her moved up to a VIP room, I want her to have more privacy. Make sure its one of those rooms with a kitchen , a bathroom with a tub cause when she gets back to her normal self she's going to want to have a bubble bath".

Bill had been nodding non-stop as I spoke. I was about to turn and walk back into the room to sit at her bed side when he called my name.

"I've never seen this side of you ,its as if you almo-"

"MICHAEL!." We heard being yelled from the end of the hall.

My father was stomping toward us in a quick pace,  his face was all frowned up and it was then I noticed as he got closer that my mother was slowly making her way behind him as well.

"Joseph you need to keep your voice down, there are sickly people here who desire peace and quiet". I said looking towards the nurses station, watching one nurse pick up a phone while looking in our direction no doubt calling security.

"Boy! Don't you be ordering me to do nothing, the promoters  aren't happy with the way you left the arena. They don't want no excuses and I don't want any either. If your not on that stage with a microphone in your hand in the next 20 minutes, I promise your days will be numbered messing around with me and the family business".

By this time mother had made her way over, and placed her hand on Joseph's arm to get him to calm down.

"Joe please lower your tone, you could wake the dead with all that growling your doing. Please just give him time to explain, I'm sure it was important or else he would've been still at the arena right sweetie?." My mother said in her usual soothing voice, she had a knack at calming us all but it only worked with Joseph on occasions. I was praying that one of those occasions was right now.

"I don't care what he thought was important Katie, I want his narrow butt back on the stage now." He gritted out stepping closer to me. We stared each other down for what seemed like hours until we heard a few footsteps heading in our direction.

"Great! Now you have the security on our case cause you couldn't just trust that I would lay out all the details for you later, and for that I will have you removed from this hospital until further notice." I said in a huff.

"Micheal don't!". Mother said as she stood in between us facing me with a hand on my shoulder.

"No mother , its not fair how he treats us he has nothing else going for him so ordering us all around is the high light to his twilight apparently."

"Michael!" Mother gasped putting her hand on her chest.

Joseph stepped a little more closer before he squinted his eyes and lowered his voice. "Your going to pay for this."  and with that he walked away pushing at the security's hands that was   leading him away.

I watched as they escorted him on the elevator and as the doors closed.

"Micheal, how could you do that you know how your father can be."

"Mother please go check on Randy , see if he's alright I'll look in on him soon enough". I said preparing to walk back into the room.

"That's right I heard he was attacked,  it just makes me worried even more for you boys." She said shaking her head as tears filled her eyes. I went to her and hugged tight kissing the top of her head.

"Don't worry mother he's going to be alright". I said letting her go and grabbing her hands rubbing them.

"Bill do you mind walking her." I said turning towards him.

"Not a problem." He said putting his arm around her shoulder's leading her away. Bill gave me a knowing look before I pushed the door closed, taking a deep breath I shook my head lightly and made my way further into the room next to her bed once again. Looking towards the window noting that Mr. Curtis hadn't moved an inch, he seemed to be taking this harder than I was. Pulling up a chair towards the bed I sat and watched her wishing I could  have been there to wreck every thought my brother ever had before he came to this conclusion.

Dr. Davenport's POV:

It had been a very eventful and long night, I still had at least 5 more hours left till my shift was over. I stood near the nurses station looking at the watch on my wrist filling in the charts for the Sutton young lady. I felt bad for her no one deserved what happened to her, I was so glad to learn she would heal up nicely and there was no life changing damage. Though I know through rehabilitation she would be good as new, it would be a tough start I'm sure she would get through it. Noting that it was after midnight I decided to make it back to my office and finish up my earlier reports, biding a good evening to the 3 night nurses at the desk I walked briskly towards my office.

Walking by some co-workers and a few custodians as we spoke our normal pleasantries to each other I swiftly opened the door to my office and flicked on the light. Taking off my laboratory jacket and hanging it on my near by coat rack I got the shock of my life when I heard a voice behind me.

"Dr. Davenport correct?".

"Yes." I said holding my chest , trying to control my breathing.

"I'm Ron Sutton, and if you would so kindly lock that door then we could get started". He said with a weird glint in his eyes.

What do you think Ron is up to now?

Please vote and comment it would be greatly appreciated. God bless 🙏.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

912K 36.3K 46
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
296K 13.3K 36
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
309K 9.1K 82
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
389K 13.6K 87
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...