Delaying the Inevitable

By spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... More

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Time With Ace
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Calypso? No, It's Lana
Lana In Whiskey Peak
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!
Lana In Little Garden
Lana In Little Garden II
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta
Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

Lana? A nurse?!

331 25 4
By spisovatelli

"Ow! Are you sure you know how to do this?!" Zoro grumbled. Lana glared at the scowling swordsman.

"I know. Just hold still."

They are currently sitting on the floor on the deck.. with medical supplies scattered around them.
Zoro has his left foot on Lana's lap.. She's cleaning the deep wound he has on his ankle.

"Who would have thought that there would be such a person stupid enough to cut his own legs." Lana sighed glancing at Zoro.

"It's not stupid! There was nothing we could do! We're stuck on a wax and dying! You wouldn't know because you're busy with the shitty cook!" Zoro

"Well I never thought that you would fall in a silly trap!" Lana retorted. Zoro was silent for a moment. He did fell on a trap. Only because Lana was the trap they sets him up with! He thought she needed his help. Turns out it was a trap all along.
Lana glanced at Zoro and sighed.

"I'm glad you are alright.." Lana whispered.. Zoro looked at Lana..

"Uhm I mean.. All of you are alright!" Lana panicked. She wasn't that obvious isn't she??

"I'm glad you're alright too." Zoro smiled genuinely at her.. Lana blushed.. and pressed hard on his wound making him scream!

"Ah sorry sorry!" She then took the needle and thread to stitch him up. It amazed her on how she knows how to do these things. She can't even remember why.

"You sure know what you're doing right?" Zoro said as he saw the needle.

"How come you're afraid of a needle but not with a sword." Lana said as she prepares the needle.

"I'm not! I'm afraid of you messing up!" Zoro

"Just shut up and don't distract me!" Lana said making Zoro shut up. She can really be scary at times.

She started stitching his wound and surprisingly it didn't hurt one bit. She really knows how to do this.. Zoro thoughts.

After she had finished treating him.. Zoro stood up stretching a bit.. feeling better than before.

"Roronoa-san.. Don't overexert yourself just yet. The wounds might reopen if you move too much." Lana said as she packs up all the supplies.

"Since when did you become a doctor?" Zoro crossed his arms.

"I'm not a doctor.. I'm a... Nurse. Yeah.. a nurse. So listen to me okay?" She smiled as she stood up. Zoro looked up, his mind betraying him as it imagined her as a nurse. And it came out as a perverted one. He imagined her with a slutty nurse outfit.

"Ah! Are you okay Roronoa-san??" Lana asked when she saw his nose bleeding.

"I'm fine.." Zoro stopping her from coming towards him.

"Nurse Lana! Treat me too!" Sanji shouted

"You're not even wounded shitty cook!!" Zoro shouted

"It's because I'm not weak like you Stupid Marimo!" Sanji argued back. Lana sighed. Guess they're all fine.. She then approached Usopp who's cleaning his own wounds..

"Let me help Usopp-san.." Lana offered as Usopp obliged.

"It's a good thing you know how to do this things Lana.." Usopp complimented.

"Honestly it made me think a little.. maybe I am a nurse before I forgot everything.. Maybe that's why I can do this naturally." Lana said bandaging Usopp's nose.

"You could be." Usopp wondered.

"All done! Now where's Captain Luffy?" Lana asked as she looked around.

"Ohh.. You don't need to worry about him.. He's fine." Usopp said waving his hand back and forth.

"Uhm.. About that.. I have a question.. The captain.. uhm.. is he a monster?"

"Hah? Why would you ask that??"

"Well.. I remember when you said that he was trapped by a huge boulder on his body but I don't see any broken bones at all.. And I remember how his arms stretched when stealing food whenever we ate.."

"Ahhhh! That! He's not a monster.. He ate a devil fruit! Luffy come here!" Usopp shouted.

As soon as Luffy get near them Usopp stretches his cheeks.

"Ow.. Esepp! Whet ere ye deweng?" Luffy managed to say even when his cheeks were being stretched.

"He's a rubber man!" Usopp said as Lana blinked twice.

"Whoa.. That's amazing Captain! How long can you stretch?" Lana asked, her eyes sparkling with interest.

Luffy grinned and readied a stance. But just before he could show her his power, Sanji stepped in and stop the rubber man.
"And that would lead to an accident.. Let's just say he could stretch for as long as he wants to. Neh Lana-chan?" Sanji smiled at her. Lana just nodded..

Wow.. A devilfruit. Who would have thought that there is such thing in this world. I might have to research some more about that.

Sanji went back to the kitchen..Nami and Vivi went out of the room, all freshened up.

"Guys! Someday, I will go to Elbaf! To the village of warriors!" Usopp

"Yeah! okay!" Luffy exclaimed as the both of them sings in cheers.

Lana who's watching them smiled..
She then heard Nami hits the ground beside her making her aware of the woman.

"Nami-san.." Lana asked as she kneels down to check on her. She is sweating all over and her face flushed red.

Nami just looked at the cheerful bunch then looked at Lana and Vivi who's standing beside Lana.
"They sure are full of energy.."

Nami sighed..
"I'm suddenly exhausted after everything that's happened. Lana.. could you watch this compass for me?" She said as she passes her the Eternal Pose.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lana asked as Nami nodded.. They saw how Vivi looks at the pose.

"Now you can finally return to Arabasta.. Well, assuming we can make it there safely, of course.." Nami said as Lana gave Vivi the eternal pose.

"Yes, I must return! After all, I'm.." she stopped for a moment.. reminiscing of the past.. as she gripped tight of the compass.. Lana holds her hand.. Vivi looked at her, relaxing a bit when she saw Lana's smile.

"I will return to Arabasta, alive..." Usopp and Luffy stopped for a moment and looked at Vivi.. even Carue turned to look at her.

"There's no need to push yourself so hard, Vivi-chan. You have me!" Sanji said approaching them after going out of the kitchen. Carrying a plate of food on his right hand.

"Today's relaxing sweets. How about some petit fours? For drinks, you have your choice of coffee or tea.." Offering them the food.

"Sanji-san.." Vivi was touched by Sanji's gesture.

"That looks good Chef Sanji!" Lana said completely forgetting about Nami's condition.

Luffy, Usopp and Carue, eyes out the food making Sanji annoyed.
"Yours is in the kitchen!" And then they ran towards the kitchen.

"Where is Roronoa-san?" Lana asked taking a bite of the sweets.

"He's training up there." Vivi pointed at the back of the ship. Lana cursed under her breath as she took two pieces and stood up.

"I told him to take it easy! His wounds are not yet healed! Tsk." She mumbled. The rest sweats drop at her act. She really do take the nursing seriously.. They thought.

A gush of wind blew in her face as she stepped up the upper deck..

Zoro with his bare chest swings a large dumbbell back and forth.. She's literally amazed on how he could carry that thing let alone swings it like it's nothing. But it was not time to be amazed.

"Roronoa-san! Didn't I tell you not to strain yourself? Look! Your wound is bleeding again!" She said as soon as she saw his bandage.. He stopped swinging and looked at her.
Then he looked at his wound. It really is bleeding.

Lana knew this would happen. Zoro's pretty stubborn. It's not that hard to realize that. Good thing she brought the medical kit with her.

She went near him as he sets down his dumbbell on the floor. He didn't utter a single word because it's basically his fault. But in his defense, he just wanted to get stronger.

"Sit." With one single word. He followed. Lana throws him a towel before setting down her supplies.

"Lana I'm fine. You don't need to do that." Zoro manage to say. Lana stopped and looked at him. His eyes widened when she leaned in to him and shove something on his mouth.

"Eat that and Shut up." Lana said not realizing their position. Zoro didn't move and just eats the sweet she shoved in his mouth. When she heard him eat, that's when she noticed their position. It was very close to her liking..

She gulped when she saw him fully. He's very sexy. Even with the sweat, he looks hot.

"What is it?" Zoro raised his right eyebrow when she just stared at him.
She blushed when she realized what she's thinking..
She shuffles back to his ankle and started stitching without another word.
Zoro just lets her as he savor the taste of the sweets.

"That's it! All done! Now you listen to me!" Lana said pointing at the swordsman.

"You can train but just don't use your legs for the meantime! Or else it won't heal!" She said as she packs up then leave. Zoro just looked at her.. She seems annoyed but he feels happy for some reason on how she cares about him..

Lana steadies her fast pace heart before going down back to Nami and Vivi.. She can't be crushing on the swordsman! He's in love with someone else! Yes! Keep on reminding yourself that!

She hurries up when she noticed Nami.. I knew it she's not okay. She looks worse than before.

"Nami-san.. Are you okay??" Lana said when she approach her. Nami nodded but clearly she's not okay..

"Princess Vivi.. please keep watch.. I'll just accompany Nami-san to the room." Lana

Vivi looked at Nami then nodded.
"I'll keep an eye on our course. You should get some rest."

Lana helped her stand up and felt the heat of her body.. Tsk. I knew it!

"Princess.. She has a fever!" Lana said as Nami closed her eyes unable to comprehend what is happening as her head feels dizzy. Well, her head has been aching since earlier. She's just keeping it from them, not wanting them to worry.

"Nani? Are you alright?!" Vivi asked approaching them, touching Nami's forehead.

"Everyone! Nami-san has a terrible fever!" Vivi shouted. The door to the kitchen opened with Luffy, Usopp, Carue and Sanji in it. Zoro stopped also to look at the commotion.

"Eh?! Nami-san does?!" Sanji

"For now let's bring her to the room." Lana tried to stay calm..

Vivi nodded as Sanji took Nami from Lana..
Sanji sets her down on the bed when they got in the room.

"Is Nami-san gonna die? Is she, Lana-chan?" Sanji cried as Lana wrings the towel before putting it in Nami's forehead while Vivi tucked her in nicely..

"It's most likely the climate change.. One of the obstacles all sailors who enter the Grand Line run into is illness caused by abnormal weather. There are countless stories of tough, notorious pirates suddenly dying from this. Carelessness makes even the slightest case deadly." Vivi explained as Sanji cried.

"Or she caught a disease back from Little Garden. I noticed how different she looked ever since we left the island." Lana said looking at Nami.

"That's also a possibility. Perhaps you have a medical knowledge Lana-san?" Vivi looked at Lana.

"Unfortunately no. I only know how to treat wounds.. but an unknown fever.." Lana shook her head no.

"What about the others?" Vivi asked. Luffy and Usopp only pointed at Nami and Lana.
Lana treated their wounds from the recent battle they had.

"But eating meat makes sickness go away! Right Sanji?" Luffy said glancing at Sanji.

"I can make some basic food meant for sick people, but that's entirely in 'nursing' territory. There's no guarantee it'd make her better.. Besides, I normally put 100 times more care into Nami-san, Lana-chan and Vivi-chan's meals than I do with yours.. I serve them fresh meat and vegetables, for balanced nutrition. And I give all the rotting stuff to you guys." Sanji said the last sentence as he pointed at Luffy and Usopp.

Usopp taps Sanji's pointed finger..
"Oi!"

"It's still good though!" Luffy laughs as he crossed his arms.

"In any case, as long as I'm this ship's cook, there'll be no problems whatsoever in terms of getting a balanced diet. But there are different kinds of meals for sick people. What are her symptoms? What does she need? I can't make that call.." Sanji worries.

"Then she can just eat it all!" Luffy said. He really is an easy going person. But he's worried too with their navigator.

"She's sick because she doesn't have the energy for that!" Sanji and Usopp looked hopeless at their captain.

"Chef Sanji.. You can make a porridge right? It should be fine for her to eat." Lana glanced at Sanji. She finds him cute on how he worries with Nami like this.

Sanji smiled and nodded.

"Oi. Are you sure that's okay?" Usopp . It's not that he doubts her.. It's just she has no memory whatsoever of her past.. so it is not really the best option to let her handles this.

Lana just shrugged making Usopp jaw drop.
"I just know." She smiled to reassure them.

Vivi took out the thermometer they put in Nami's mouth.
"40°C?! Her fever's gone up again!"

"There'll be doctors when we get to Arabasta right?! How much longer will it take Vivi?" Usopp asked.. slightly panicking.

"I don't know, but one week is out of question.." Vivi

"That's too long. I'm afraid Nami-san can't endure that long." Lana

"Is being sick that bad?" Luffy asked Usopp and Sanji

"Dunno.. Never been sick." Usopp and Sanji answered.

"What in the world are you guys?!" Vivi shouted at the absurd question and answer they got.

"Of course it's bad! 40°C fevers don't happen everyday. I just happen to know that also." Lana stuttered at the last sentence.

"This may be a life-threatening illness.." Vivi said causing them to panic!

"Nami's gonna die?!" Luffy
"Don't die, Nami-san!" Sanji

"Princess Vivi.. They're too noisy." Lana's starting to get annoyed.

"Stop that! Be quiet!" Vivi also shouted. Lana just pinched her nose bridge..

"Let's find a doctor to help Nami!" Luffy shouted as Usopp and Karoo shouted on the background.

Vivi looked at Lana who clearly got an irk mark on her head.
"Okay! Just calm down! You're going to make her illness even worse!" Vivi trying to stop their noise. Lana was about to shut their mouths when she heard Nami speak.

"No.." Nami whispers.

"Shh. Be quiet!" Lana commanded stopping them from their antics. They felt Lana's intense tone sending shivers to their spine.

"No.." Nami again repeated. All their eyes were now on her.

Nami sits up.. Worrying Vivi and Lana.

"Oh! She's all better!" Luffy said getting a head knock from Usopp.
"Get real!"

Nami's clearly having a hard time breathing..
"Nami-san.. You shouldn't strain yourself." Lana.

"In my desk drawer.. there's a newspaper.. about Arabasta." Nami said as Lana helps her to lean on the bed's headboard.

Vivi went to the said drawer and took the newspaper.. Reading anything related to Arabasta.

"N-no. That can't be!" Vivi said with a nervous tone.

"Oi, What is it?" Luffy

"Is it about Arabasta, Vivi-chan?" Sanji

Vivi gripped the newspaper, wrinkling it..
"300,000 royal soldiers defected to the Resistance.. It was originally a cold war, with 600,000 royal soldiers and 400,000 Resistance soldiers, but now that's suddenly changed!" Vivi's face became pale

"The uprising in Arabasta is finally going to get serious now.. That paper's from three days ago.. I'm sorry.. We can't change our speed, so I didn't want to worry you by showing you that.. Understand Luffy?" Nami managed to say.

"Things seem very bad!" Luffy said as Nami sighed.

"That got through to you more than I expected.." Nami.. Lana sighed. their captain can be dense sometimes.

"But you need to see a doctor." Lana

"I'm fine.. that thermometer must be broken. Nobody gets a temperature of 40°C.. It's probably just a sunstroke or something.. " Nami said as she stood up..

"We don't need a doctor.. I'll get better on my own.. For now let's head straight for Arabasta as planned! Thanks for worrying about me." Nami said before heading outside..

"What? She's better now." Luffy

"Idiot.. it's obvious she's putting up a strong front." Sanji

"At this rate, so much blood will be shed throughout the kingdom. It'll be an all out war.. If I don't stop that, the Arabasta Kingdom will be done for! Crocodile will take over! I can't just return safely! I need to return as quickly as possible! If I don't make it in time a million citizens will kill themselves pointlessly!" Vivi cried..

"There's a million people?!" Luffy

"What an immense burden you're carrying, Vivi-chan" Sanji

Lana can understand what she's going through. But bypassing Nami's sickness just to go back to her kingdom faster is something she wouldn't accept.

"Could you boys check on Nami-san? She's obviously sick." Lana said as they all nodded and went up.

Vivi continued gripping the paper, crying, murmuring..

"So what's your plan?" Lana asked as she crossed her arms.

"I.. I don't know." Vivi glanced at Lana.

"I understand what you are feeling.. but if you choose to be selfish and ignore Nami-san's condition, I won't forgive you." Lana said.

Vivi glared at Lana.
"How could you possibly understand! You don't know what it feels like to have an entire kingdom depend on you! You will never understand because you are all alone!" Vivi lashing out in anger. Lana was shocked by what she said.. and lowered her head.
Vivi widened her eyes and covered her mouth when she realized what she had said.

"Lana-san... I.. I didn't mean.."

"In order to get to Arabasta.. we need Nami-san. If you're saying you can maneuver this ship into safety when a storm comes.. Please by all means. We did agreed to help you after all. I just thought you were her friend." Lana then left her and went upstairs.

Lana went to the deck where everyone's busy maneuvering the ship. She immediately went to Nami.

"Hey. How are you holding up? Don't lie to me." Lana asked. She had have enough of Nami saying she's fine but actually not.

Nami stared at her for a few seconds before sighing.
"I feel worse. I don't know if I could stop myself from collapsing. In any case.. Please navigate the ship to Arabasta." Nami. Good thing Nami taught Lana bits of navigation. She's a fast learner that's why she trusts her.
Lana just nodded at her request. Sure she's not as good as her but she hopes she can manage..

As they got their course straight.. The door from below the deck opened revealing Vivi.
Lana's face became serious when she saw her.

"I have a favor to ask, everyone!" She said gaining everyone's attention.

"I know it's not my place to ask this as a passenger on your ship, but my homeland is in a terrible state now, so I'd like to hurry ahead! We can't waste even a single minute! So I want this ship to head for Arabasta at its fastest speed!" Lana leaned on the rails.. So she chose that.. I thought you're better than that princess.

"Of course! That's what we promised!" Nami tried to smile at Vivi. Lana glanced on the others since they seem quiet.. I knew it.. They also were against but couldn't say anything.

"So let's find an island with a doctor on it right away!" Vivi said. Lana smiled as she lowered her head.

"Let's cure Nami-san as quickly as possible and then go to Alabasta! That's this ship's fastest speed, right?" Vivi continued.

Luffy finally smiled.
"Yeah! We can't go any faster than that!"

"Are you sure? As their princess, you should be worried about those million citizens." Usopp

"That's right! So we need to hurry and cure Nami-san's illness!" Vivi beams up!

"Well said, Vivi-chan! I've fallen for you all over again!" Sanji

"You got guts." Zoro

Vivi shook her head no..
"It was actually thanks to Lana." They glanced at Lana who is helping Nami to walk.
Zoro just wondered what happened to them.

"Thanks.." Nami whispered as they got near to Vivi.

"Don't overexert yourself, Nami-san!" Vivi

"I got her.." Lana said. Vivi still looks guilty of what she had said earlier to her. She was about to apologize when Luffy shouted.

"What is that?!" Not too far from them is the biggest tornado they have ever seen!

"It's a cyclone!" Vivi shouted

"It's huge!" Lana

"W-wait! That's the direction--" Vivi

"That's the direction our ship was just headed in!" Sanji

The skies immediately went dark and lightning shoots through!

"Yikes! We just barely made it through!" Luffy

"Incredible right?" Lana said. Vivi glanced at her then at Nami.

"I've never seen such a navigator before!" Vivi said. Lana smiled.

"She's amazing.." Lana

"Alright! Let's hurry then! Let's go find us a doctor!" Luffy shouted as they cheered 'Yeah!'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1K 34
[ON GOING!!] When the world's greatest swordsman's daughter falls in love with the Legendary Roronoa Zoro. ------- Photos aren't mine. I do not own a...
7.1K 196 11
Y/N L/N is a character that didn't appear in the original One Piece series. But what if he did and we just don't remember? No one even knows his true...
342K 9.1K 57
There's a legend circulating around the world and no one believes it could be true. A legend about someone with the powers of every single Devil Frui...
5.6K 64 10
another republish Luffy x Hancock Zoro x robin Sanji x Nami random, made up character in the story Strawhats visit an island with any and every plant...