Delaying the Inevitable

By spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... More

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Time With Ace
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Calypso? No, It's Lana
Lana In Whiskey Peak
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!
Lana In Little Garden
Lana? A nurse?!
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta
Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

Lana In Little Garden II

270 24 1
By spisovatelli

Sanji and Lana were walking in the middle of the forest..

"Chef Sanji.. Have you seen a tiger?"

"Hm? You're still searching for one?" Sanji lights up his cigarette as he glance at her.

"Yeah.. Do you think I'm weird?"

"No.. Having a Captain like Luffy.. You will find everything normal." Sanji chuckled.

She was about to reply when an earthquake happened..
Lana squealed as she gets out of balance when Sanji catches her. He has his arms around her waist..

"What is that?" Lana asked as Sanji looked around for the source.

"Maybe it's the volcanoes." Sanji helps her to stand straight.

"Thank you Chef Sanji." She smiled as hearts forms from his eyes.

They started walking again when they heard a noise. It sounds like a laugh? A weird one at that.

"Were those bird cries? Even so, those were vulgar, unappetizing cries. Although we're competing to capture a big prey, we're still looking for food. Not only does it have to be big, it also has to be tasty." Sanji started mumbling..

Then he grinned.
"That guy doesn't get it at all."

"Chef Sanji.. Have you always wanted to be a cook?" Lana asked. She knows about his story.. How he met Chef Zeff. His mentor.. They already told her all their story.

"Hmm.. Ever since I've heard about All Blue.. I wanted to see it. It's been my dream. So I trained to be a capable cook who wouldn't waste fishes from the All Blue and make the best dish of all time!" Sanji

"I can't wait to taste that dish Chef Sanji." He smiled.

"You're my first customer Lana-chan!" She smiled back at him.

Just then the volcano again erupted and he hasn't caught a single thing.

"The time - out signal has rung. Having no prey isn't even funny... Damn.." Sanji became anxious.

Lana felt something's preying on them.. She could alert Sanji but it wouldn't be fair to their competition.

As they walk further.. Lana didn't notice a trap set for her.. There was actually a trap set for them who were on the hit list of Baroque Works. But since Sanji keeps on making her laugh with his jokes.. she didn't get to look at her surroundings.

She really enjoyed Sanji's company to be honest. She thought it will be awkward.. But it's actually fun.

The earthquakes they have been experiencing is due from the battle of the giants living on the island. Broggy and Dorry. They were actually from the Island of Elbaf, the land of the giants, and was sent here by their god..

They have been fighting for 100 years that they actually have forgotten why they need to fight.

But now Dorry has been defeated by Broggy after a century of battles...

Unfortunately their last battle was worthless. Because of the Baroque Works interfering their match. Together with the Wax Man, Mr. 3, the Painter, Miss Golden Week, the Bomb Man, Mr. 5 and the Weight Changer, Miss Valentine.. They aim to capture the heads of the giants who has a bounty on their heads in total of 200 million berries. They have also been tasked to wipe out the Strawhats, they're number one on their hit list.

On the other side of the island.. Nami, Zoro and Vivi has been captured. Luffy and Usopp has been defeated..
Broggy was trapped by a wax from Mr. 3 beside the unconscious Dorry.

Mr. 3 proves he's on different level from any of the Baroque Works as he made a giant wax cake..
He then asked Mr. 5 to bring the pirates they have captured.

"Zoro! Nami!" Vivi shouted as the two were thrown on the ground. They were on the same state as her.. Having a wax trapping their movements. The difference were Vivi's wax is on her feet whilst Nami and Zoro were on both of their hands.

Mr. 3 murmured a lot of things before realizing that there is one more missing.

"Where is the pretty girl?!" He asked. He has actually have different plans with her.

Zoro and Nami shared a look knowing that it was Lana he was talking about.

"I guess she wasn't tricked by your trap." Mr. 5 smirked. He was actually annoyed by Mr. 3. Ordering them around.. if only he wasn't on a higher rank than him, he already exploded the grin off his face.

"Ahh! No matter we'll capture her later on! For the meantime.. let's deal with the weaklings here!" Mr. 3 smirks.

Zoro hopes that the cook's doing a good job of protecting her.. I mean themselves.. I mean.. No.. the cook can die. But Lana should be alive. Wait no.. that sounds like I'm concern. I'm concern because she's a nakama. They're my nakama. Argh! Whatever! Zoro's neverending thoughts.

"Do you think there's a lot of explosions and earthquakes that's been happening lately.." Lana asked Sanji who's been dragging a big dinosaur.

"Don't worry Lana-chan.. I'll protect you!" He beamed. Lana drops a sweat.

"That's not what I meant though.." says Lana.. Sanji's face became serious as he huffs his smoke.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Lana mumbled

"Well.. Let's go back to the Merry for now." Sanji proposed and Lana nodded.

When they arrived at the ship..
"Nami-swan! We're back!" Sanji beamed. He'll get to see Nami again!

"Strange.. No one's here Chef Sanji." Lana said after looking around the ship.

"Why hasn't anyone come back after all this time?" Sanji

"Even Roronoa-San is not here."

"Ah he must be lost. He has a very bad sense of direction." Sanji said waving his hand back and forth.

"But leaving the ship for a long time.. Hmm.. Something must've happened to Nami-san, Vivi-san and the rest." Lana

"In which case, this is no time to be getting ready to cook a lizard!" Sanji

"That's hardly a lizard though.." Lana mumbled, dropping a sweat.

Sanji jumped off the ship followed by Lana.. They started to search for them.. Shouting their names through out the jungle.

"Chef Sanji.. We are being followed." says Lana who's been looking around trying to sense which direction. Sanji looked behind and a giant Sabertooth emerged. It glared and roared at them but it doesn't affect them.

"Aww. I thought it was a tiger.." Lana sulks.. Sanji smirked and kicks the sabertooth on the head. Then hopped on it's back.

"Come on Lana-chan.. I know you're tired from walking around.." He said as he offers his hand. She gladly accepted. It's the first time she can ride a sabertooth or will ever ride it so for sure she'll never let that pass.

Sanji continued shouting even ridiculous things making Lana giggle behind him. She knows he's only doing that to ease her worriness.

"Chef Sanji.. Look!" Lana pointed a white small cabin in the middle of the forest.

Sanji and Lana went down from the Sabertooth.. to inspect the weird looking cabin.. Lana pats the head of the Sabertooth and thanked it.. making the animal happy.
She followed Sanji as he approached the cabin..

"What's this?" Sanji asked as he touched and observed the cabin.

Lana knocks the wall..
"It's wax."

"Ohh.. who could've made this on a deserted island?" Sanji.. He could only say that because they didn't know what has been happening on the island.

Lana opened the door and they went. in.. Observing the place..
Sanji saw a tea and immediately sits down..

"I think it's not the time to be drinking tea Chef Sanji." Lana said with hands on her hips. He only smiled..

"Afternoons are definitely best with Earl Grey." He said as he pour the tea on the two cups on the table.

"I wouldn't be able to enjoy a good tea while worrying about the others." Lana sighed..

"Ah that's right!" he sets down the cup and stood up.

"Still, though. What's such a relaxing place doing in the jungle?" Sanji

Lana looks around. There's nothing inside but a table with tea and cups and a basket on the ground.

"Let's go Lana-chan.." Sanji said as he opens the door. But then the basket rings, or something inside the basket rings rather, stopping them from their tracks.

"What's that?" Lana gulps. Sanji went to the basket and opened it.

"Oh.. It's a transponder Snail." He said as he took it out from the basket and set it on the table.

"What is a transponder snail?" Lana asked. It's a snail but it's shell has something attached on it .. and it has a Mr. 3 painted on it.

"It is used to communicate with others even if it's faraway." Sanji explained.

Lana has no time to reply when Sanji answered the call.

"Hey.. You've called the Damn Restaurant. You want reservations?" Sanji.. Lana wondered what on earth is he saying.. But seeing the Mr. 3 on the snail makes her think.. Is it the Baroque Works?

"Quit fooling around, dumbass." The snail talked. Making Lana slightly shock.

"Aren't you a bit late with your report?" It continued. Could it be who she thinks it is?

"Oh? Report?" Sanji answered as he glance at Lana who just shrug at him.

"And who might I be talking to?" Sanji said trying to get information of the caller.

"It's me. Mr. 0." Sanji and Lana became serious.

"It's been many days since I issued your orders. What's going on? Have you eliminated Princess Vivi and the Straw Hats?!" The other line continued. Again with the killing. Lana thoughts.

Sanji looked at Lana who whispered to go on and talk.

"Yeah.. Mission complete! I got rid of everyone who found out about your secret. So there's no need to go after'em anymore." Sanji said as Lana gave him a thumbs up.

"I see. Well done. As we speak, the Unluckies are headed your way to confirm your mission is complete and to deliver a certain package." Unluckies?! Lana looked around..

"Unluckies? Package?" Sanji said as he looked at the panicked Lana.

"An Eternal Pose that points to the Alabasta Kingdom. You and Miss Golden Week will head to Alabasta. The time has come. We're about to begin our most important operation. Details will come after you reach Alabasta. Wait for my orders."

Just then.. The Unluckies arrived. Sitting on both sides of the circle window. They pointed their weapons towards them.

"Oi. What's going on?" Crocodile asked

"Oh.. It's nothing.." Sanji sweats.

The vulture started firing with the gun on it's back. Sanji immediately ducked grabbing Lana with him.

"What the hell is this?" Sanji asked at the absurd situation that's been happening.
The vulture fired again.. Lana grabbed Sanji's head down the table..

Just then the otter started to attack him with sharp clams it's been holding.

"You tryin' to kill me?! Bring it on, you damn monkey!" Sanji shouted as he dodge it's attacks then kicked the back of it's head making it bumps to the wall.

Lana runs to the vulture.. It fires at her but she just dodges it, her focus only is to go near it and beat the hell out of it. As she got near.. She saw how the vulture sweat drops making her smirk. She grabbed it's beak and pulled it to the ground and that's when she kicked it's face knocking it out.

Sanji was about to praise her when the snail talks again.
"What was that? What's going on?!"

Sanji immediately runs to it and answered.
"Oh.. uhh.. no! It ain't-- I mean, It's nothing! That damn Strawhat was still alive. It's okay though. I finished him off. No need to worry."

"Still alive? You just said your mission was complete.. Did you not?" Crocodile said. Lana winced.. Are they caught??

"Yes.. well.. I thought it was complete. But he was much tougher than you'd believe.."

"In other words.. the report you gave me was a lie."

"Umm.. Well... I suppose so, when you put it that way.. but I've gotten rid of him for sure now. So there's no need to send any more after'em. Okay?"

"Well.. Just head straight to Alabasta from there now! And no further radio contact from now on. We don't want the Navy catching whiff of us. All further orders will be sent via letter, as usual. That is all. Good luck, Mr. 3" He then ended the call. Lana and Sanji sighed.

She went to the otter and took the Eternal Pose he has been saying..

"Mr. 0. Wasn't Mr. 0 the name of the enemy boss Vivi-chan talked about?" Sanji

"Yeah. He goes by the name Crocodile. They say that he's one of the Shichibukai."

"He also mentioned Mr. 3.. that means they have followed us here."

"That's what I've been thinking.. I just hope nothing bad happens to the others."

"Yeah.. You got the Pose?" Sanji. Lana nodded as she raised her hand holding the compass.

"Let's go find them."

After a while of searching, they have found them..

"Nami-san! Vivi-chan! And you other bums!" Sanji beamed.

Lana looked around as her jawdrop.. There are two giants.. literal giants!
Luffy and Nami were not wearing any shirts. Zoro is injured. What the hell happened?

"Yo Sanji! Lana!" Luffy greeted.

Zoro looked at them when he heard her name. He felt relieved seeing that she's okay. I mean they're okay.

"You're okay! Thank goodness!" Sanji raised his hands as if waiting for a hug, but was ignored.

"These jerks suddenly shows up only after we needed help!" Usopp and Karoo glared at them.

"What the hell?! Are you Mr. 3??" Sanji shouted when he saw the two giants.

"You only noticed them now??" Lana said. Truly this man doesn't care about anyone when there's Nami involved.

"How did you know Mr. 3?" Nami asked as Sanji's eyes makes a heart as soon as he saw a shirtless Nami.

Lana sighed and removed her jacket to give to Nami.

"What happened to you guys?" Lana asked in concern.

"Long story.. I'm glad you're okay.." Nami said.

"All that aside.. We just finished talking with Mr. 0 via Transponder Snail." As Sanji talks about what happened.. Lana used this time to approach Zoro.

"Are you alright?" She asked taking a  glance on his legs.. It's still bleeding.

"I'm fine. You?" Lana sits beside him.

"Better than you.. Why is it every time we meet you're injured?" Lana

"I told you.. It can't be help."

"And I told you.. That I am worried." Zoro blushed.. Lana again glanced at his legs.. it looks like someone tried to cut it.

"Did Mr. 3 did that to you?"

"Sort of. I tried to cut my legs to get out of his wax." Zoro said as he crossed his arms.

"Nani?! Wah.. I don't know if you are that brave or just stupid." Lana face palmed

"Urusai!" He grumbled.

"Can't go anywhere? Do we still have business on this island?" They heard Sanji said. Apparently the log pose will took a long time to set.. so they have to stay there until it does.

Sanji looked at Lana. She stood up and went to them..
"Just after we managed to get a hold of this.." Lana said as she shows them the Eternal Pose. Sanji and Lana sweat drops at the reaction they got from them.. Their jaws literally dropped.

"Eh? What?" Lana asked nervously.

"It's an Eternal Pose to Alabasta!" Luffy beamed making everyone cheered as Lana sighed of relief.

"Arigatou Sanji-san, Lana-san!" Vivi hugged them both.

"I was so worried for a moment there!" Vivi gets teared up.

"No, no! It was my pleasure.. I'm glad I could make you so happy!" Sanji said with hearts in his eyes.

"Yosh! Minna! Let's have a rice cracker party!" Luffy cheered

"We can't Luffy.. We only have three crackers left." Usopp

"What?! You know this is no time for that! Let's go Captain! We don't have time to be lounging around!" Nami shouted.

Zoro then passed by Sanji and Lana. Lana wonders if he isn't hurt with his legs bleeding like that

"Oi. You haven't forgotten our hunting contest, I hope!" Sanji said, lighting up another cigarette.

"Nope! But I win! I caught a rhino this huge!" Zoro grinned as he raised his hands portraying how huge the rhino is.

"Hunting contest? Lana they're still not done with that?" Nami asked.

"Unfortunately no." Lana sighed.

"A rhino? I assume you can eat that?!"

"Of course!" Zoro

"Well.. Round old guy and giant old guy! We're gonna go now!" Luffy said to the giants.
They all looked at them.

"Oh I see. Well, you do seem to be in a hurry." Broggy

"That's too bad, but we won't stop you. I hope your homeland is okay." Dorry

"Yes! Thank you!"

"Wahh.. I still can't believe I am seeing this. It's the first time I've seen a giant!" Lana beamed.

"Ohh.. You sure are a good looking woman!" Broggy complimented.

"Ah.. Thank you.." Lana blushed.

"Their crew sure have beautiful women!" Dorry

"Well see ya! Don't die anymore!" Luffy shouted as they started walking away.

"Master! I will visit Elbaf someday!" Usopp shouted as Karoo squawks.

"You'll see. Mine's way bigger than yours." Sanji

"You wish!" Zoro

Lana went in the middle of them and slings her arms with theirs.

"I'll decide on that." She smiled making them grin.

As soon as they arrive on the ship.. These two are back to arguing. Comparing again their hunts.

"It doesn't really matter! They both look yummy!" Luffy said leaning on the rails beside Lana who's sitting on it.

"You shut up!" They shouted at Luffy then continued arguing.

"How long are you gonna keep at that? We don't need all of it, so cut up what we do need so we can set sail!" Nami shouted.. Everything has been settled. They are just waiting for the two to finish their contest.

"Hai Nami-san!" Sanji

"Mine's clearly bigger! Lana!" Zoro shouted looking at her. Sanji also looked at her..

"It's time for me to announce the winner." Lana said. Everyone gulps as they waited for the answer.

"No one! You both couldn't bring that all in the ship so it's useless. So as Nami-san had said. Cut it up and Let's go!" Lana made a very valid point.

The two nodded at her before glaring at each other.
"I'll show you next time!" Zoro
"Bring it on!" Sanji

"Hurry up!" Nami shouted.. Her angry level rising up.
The two immediately followed.

And finally.. It's time to set sail!

"They said going straight will take us to the western end of the island." Nami

"Oi.. Couldn't you have gotten any more meat on board?" Luffy

"Yeah, right! Don't be stupid! We can't preserve any more than that!" Sanji

"Do you want to sink the ship?!" Vivi

"In the end I didn't get to pet a tiger." Lana sighed.

"You're still searching for that?!" Nami

"Look, It's the old guys! They came to see us off!" Luffy pointed in front of them. At the edge of the island.. Dorry and Broggy stood there as they look at the horizon.

"Ahead is a great obstacle.." Broggy
"That prevents people who come to this island from reaching the next.. You fought desperately to protect our pride." Dorry
"As such, no matter what manner of enemy there may be.." Broggy
"We will not let them destroy your pride, friends!" Dorry
"Have faith in us, and continue straight ahead! Straight ahead, no matter what happens!" Broggy

"Got it!" Luffy

"What's this about?" Zoro

"What do you got?" Usopp asked Luffy

"We'll go straight ahead, no matter what!" Luffy

As their ship sails forward.. Leaving the island.. Broggy and Dorry raised their weapons.

"This is farewell.." Broggy
"Let's meet again someday. Without fail." Dorry

"Look up ahead!" Lana shouted as the ocean started to rise up.

"There you are, Island-Eater!" Dorry glared

"You will open the path, in the name of Elbaf!" Broggy

Just then.. In front of them.. A giant fish started to raise. Everyone panicked!

"Move the rudder! We're going to get eaten Usopp!" Nami orders.

"We can't! Go straight ahead! Right Luffy?" Usopp is not that confident but he respects the Warrior's words.

"Yeah! Of course!" Luffy

The giant fish has now it's mouth wide opened.. Their ship going straight to it's mouth!

"Don't be stupid! This won't be like what happened with Laboon!" Nami shouted.

"I know. Calm down. Here, I'll let you have the last rice cracker." Luffy tossed the cracker to Nami which she catches.

"I don't want it! If we don't turn the ship, we're gonna be--"

Lana puts her hand on Nami's shoulder.
"It's alright. Trust them." She smiled.
Nami stared at her, looking for a hint of worry, but there's nothing so she nodded as she nibbles on the cracker.

"Luffy! We can trust those guys, I hope?!" Sanji shouted as Luffy agreed. Since they haven't had the time to get to know the giants.. he doubts them. But Lana trusts Luffy's judgments.

"Are you crazy?! Are we really going straight into that beast!?" Vivi

"No! We're too late now!" Nami shouted as they were inside the mouth.

Lana walked over to Zoro who's leaning on the wall.

"I'm surprised you're calm right now." Zoro

"Well, I've learned to trust our captain." she smiled.

Just then the fish closed it's mouth.

"Straight ahead! Straight ahead!" Usopp cried.

"What are you talking about?! We've already been eaten!" Nami shouted!

"So.. Still trust our captain?" Zoro said to Lana as he crossed his arms.

"Of course." She said without a tinge of doubt.

"Straight ahead! Straight ahead!" Luffy

They all felt an attack. But it wasn't meant for them.. It was meant for the fish. Their mouths were wide opened when they saw that they got out of the fish. A hole has been cut!

"We're flying off of it!" Luffy screamed

Seeing the light again makes them all cheered up.

"Don't look back! We're going straight ahead!" Luffy

Lana nudged Zoro a bit.
"Told you. Just trust the captain." She smiles and he just grinned.

"They cut.. The very sea itself.. This is the strength of Elbaf Warriors!" Usopp cried. Very inspired with the giant's strength.

The ship sailed on forward.. feeling more inspired by the recent adventure.. leaving them hungry for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1K 34
[ON GOING!!] When the world's greatest swordsman's daughter falls in love with the Legendary Roronoa Zoro. ------- Photos aren't mine. I do not own a...
23.8K 713 30
This story is about a Young girl named y/n who lost their parents in a terrible ship wreck, At least that's what she was told. Soon after she reali...
29.1K 1.1K 14
This uses One Piece characters (which I don't own) and it is also a Zolu fanfic. This is going to be set at round episode 90/100 because that's where...