Delaying the Inevitable

By spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... More

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Time With Ace
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Calypso? No, It's Lana
Lana In Whiskey Peak
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana In Little Garden
Lana In Little Garden II
Lana? A nurse?!
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta
Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!

344 25 2
By spisovatelli

"Yoshi!! Seno.." Luffy counted.
Yoshi - Alright
Seno - one, two, go

"Welcome to the Mugiwara Pirates Lana and Vivi!!" They cheered as they clinked their mugs.

The day was spent with laughter and story telling.. Lana learned a lot about them that day.. But the one she has been curious about is Zoro.

Luffy and Usopp were running around as they ate while Sanji's cooking. Nami and Vivi were talking while Zoro's drinking.

She approached Zoro who stopped drinking to glance at her.

"What is it?" He asked when he felt her staring at him.

"Can we talk?" She asked. Zoro raised an eyebrow before setting down his mug and stood up. He started walking as he puts his hands on his pockets. Lana followed him.

They ended up on the back of the ship. Plenty of privacy to talk with the view of the sun setting.

"Speak." Zoro said as he yawns.. leaning forward the rail to watch the sunset.

Lana went beside him..
"Who's Caly?"

Zoro knew that she would ask that so he wasn't that surprised. He glanced at her.. She was looking straight at him..
He looked back at the sunset, trying to remember everything about his childhood.

"I met her when I was still a kid. I had a friend who just died from an accident at that time and I was depressed about it. I guess you could say that she saved me when I was drunk on my failures and pride." He missed her. I know they were just kids at that time but he hasn't felt anything about the others the way he feels around her. He wants to see her again.

Lana could see it in his eyes. How much he misses her..
"D-do.. do you.. love her?" She managed to ask. She doesn't know why she's nervous about that.

Zoro was flustered for a bit by the sudden question but smiled as he looked at the sky.
"Yeah."

Lana.. felt like tearing up. The way he looks today.. he's so gorgeous. Zoro being in love is a wonderful sight. That she wishes it was her he's in love with. She realized what she had just thought.. and tried to erase it. What are you thinking Lana! Snap out of it.

"Do I really look like her??" She asked when she snapped out of her thoughts.

Zoro looks at her.. making Lana blush. The way he looks at her is different. His eyes looks so soft and endearing.

"Your hair and eyes were the same." He said that as he reaches to her hair.. touching the strands that is being flown away by the wind.. Lana blushed and can't stop her heart from beating so fast.
Zoro realized what he was doing and lets go of her.

"I wouldn't know.. I met her when were still kids. A lot of things could have happened between those years." Zoro leaned backwards on the rail and looked at the orange tree as it was gently swayed by the wind.

"Are you searching for her?"

"I became a pirate for her. I'll never stop until I find her." Suddenly Lana felt tears in her eyes. Why is she crying? She wipes it out before he noticed..

"Do you believe that I could be her?" Lana asked.

"That.. that crossed my mind. I'm considering it as a possibility." Zoro. Lana blushed.. Possibility. if it turns out to be her.. that means.. he's in love with her.. Stop with the thoughts!!

"I'm sorry.." Lana suddenly said. Zoro looked at her.

"If only I didn't lose my memory.. your heart will be at ease instead of thinking if I was Caly or not." She said sincerely. Zoro grinned and started patting her head.

"Don't worry.. We'll help you find your memories back. We're now nakamas remember?" Lana blushed at how close his grinning face was.. She felt touched by him.. Zoro-kun.. please stop making my heart beat like this.. I might not be able to stop myself from loving you.. wait.. did I just say love? I mean liking you.. yea.. that's better. 

They were distracted when a head pops out on the side of the deck.
"Oi Marimo!! What are you doing to Lana-chan!!?" Sanji shouted as he went to them.

"We were just talking you shitty cook!" Zoro retorted, removing his hand from her.

Lana sighed at them..
"Roronoa-san.. thank you for your time.. I hope you find her." She smiled before going back ahead to the others.

Still deeply blushing, she tried to calm herself down. It's okay.. It's just a crush. You are just crushing over him since he's the first guy you ever saw.. who's definitely attractive. Snap out of it!

It was now the next morning and everyone's doing their own thing..

"Lana.. If you're joining us.. you need to learn to fight.. Being a pirate is no easy task." Usopp

They were currently fishing at the side of the ship.

"Fight? Alright.. You'll teach me right?" Lana's against by the violence. But since she agreed to be a pirate, I guess it's inevitable.

"Of course! Who do you think you are talking to.. I am Captain Usopp of the 8,000 men!!" Usopp shouted. Luffy shouted excited as he went to them.

Usopp and Lana set down their fishing rods and went in the middle of the deck. Everyone looked to them.. watching what they're doing.

"Since I'm a sniper.. Why don't you try shooting?" Usopp said as he rummage on his bag and took his slingshot.

"Luffy stand there in the middle of the mast and hold this apple." Usopp ordered as Luffy cheered and followed his direction.

"Now Lana.. this is harder than what it looks like. But watch closely okay?" Usopp went a few meters away from Luffy and readied his slingshot.

"Wow!! That's good Usopp-san!" Lana exclaimed when he shot the apple in Luffy's hand.

"Well of course. Now you try.." He gave her his slingshot. She tried to copy Usopp earlier and readied the slingshot.

"It's okay if you don't get it the first--" Usopp stopped as they can't believe what happened. Even the others have their eyes wide open.

"time.." Usopp managed to continue.

"How's that Usopp-san?" Lana asked.

Sanji and Usopp went to Luffy to see closer what happened.
The apple was clearly hit that it shattered. The rock was stuck deeply in the mast. Usopp looked at Lana.. did he just imagine it? or is there a light that shoots out from Lana's hands? He must be imagining it right?

"Sugoi!! Lana you're strong aren't you??" Luffy cheered.

Zoro couldn't believe what happened. He smirks as he set down his swords and cracked his knuckles as he approached her.

"Strong eh? What about a spar to test how strong you are?" He grinned. Lana gulped on how scary he was.

"What are you doing Zoro? Lana can't fight you!" Nami tried defending the scared girl.

"That's right you stupid moss head! Why don't you respect women!" Sanji

"Urusai.. It's just a spar. For training. I'll be gentle." He said as he scratched his head.

"Then don't do it with a wicked grin! You're scaring her!" Sanji punched him.

"Ah sorry.." Zoro

Lana just sweat drops..

Then there they were.. eyeing each other.. on who gets to attack first.

"I'll go first.. start defending okay?" Zoro said then attacked her. Lana was surprised but managed to dodge his attacks. Zoro noticed how fast she moves so he started to attack her seriously now.

"They're getting faster don't you think??" Vivi asked.. She's worried about Lana.

"I can't believe she had managed to dodge all of his attacks." Usopp

'I think she's a no ordinary girl' Nami

Luffy cheered getting excited about the match.
Sanji readied himself to stop the match.. He noticed how Zoro started to attack seriously.

Lana felt how Zoro changes his attacks. It's getting faster. She thought she needs to finish it before he hits her. Trying to find an opening she sweeps her legs to his catching him off guard and tackled him to the ground.

Lana gasps, catching her breath as she straddles him on his waist, her hand turned into a fist near his face. Zoro's eyes were widened.

"I can't believe this!" Nami exclaimed
"She beats Zoro!" Usopp

Sanji smirks as he went to them and helped Lana up away from him.

"Who knew you had it in you?! Sugoi! You're amazing Lana-chan!" Luffy

'Lana fits in with this group easily..' Vivi thoughts

Zoro sits up as he stares at her.. If she train more.. she could be a formidable opponent. He smirks. Ohh.. she's not that useless after all.

Nami went to Lana..
"Have you always known you could fight like this?" She said giving her a towel to wipe her sweat.

"No.. I just thought that I needed to attack him or else I'll be hit." Lana answered honestly making Nami sweat drop.

"Nani. Nani? it's just survival instinct." Usopp said as he looked at Zoro who snickered as he went up the deck then sits down leaning on the rail near the stairs.

"I guess.." Lana stared at her hand.. Honestly.. during the fighting.. she felt at peace. Like she could do anything.

Sanji offered her a drink that she gladly accepted.

"You think it would snow today?" Luffy asked. He's sitting at the top of the rail Zoro is leaning on.

"Hah? Like that would happen." Zoro said as he raised his arms against his head.

"Does too. You don't know since you slept through it last time." Luffy. Zoro looked at him trying to think when could it have happened.

"A snow?? At this rate of weather?" Lana said going up the stairs hearing their conversation.

"Of course! It happened before! Hey, do you think it'll snow again?" Luffy asked Vivi who's standing near them.

"It could snow, but the sea we were in first is special.." And Vivi went on rambling as Lana gives a towel to Zoro. Which seems useless since he hasn't even break a sweat during their spar earlier. She smiled when he accepted it nonetheless.

"Hey guys! Wanna have my special drink?" Sanji shouted as he went out of the kitchen carrying a tray of green colored cool drinks.

"Yeah!" Zoro, Luffy and Lana shouted as they went down the deck.

Lana took two glass to give one to Vivi who hadn't made a move.. She went back, going to Vivi upstairs when she heard her screamed at Nami who just went out of her room.

"Is this okay?" Vivi pointed at the guys who were fooling around. At this time and situation.. Vivi thought that it is foolish to have fun.. not with the state of her kingdom.

Lana could understand her anger..
"Here." Lana offered to cool her head down.

"What?" Vivi asked as she looked at her.

"I think it's fine. They'll work hard if it storms.. since they don't wanna die." Nami said. Vivi looked back at Lana who just winked at her.

"That's true but it makes me like I'm worked up over nothing." Vivi

"This ship makes you feel like you don't have to worry about anything right?" Lana said as she looked at the boys.

"I mean.. it's one thing that makes me want to join them." She smiled at Vivi. Vivi accepted the drink and get a taste of the wonderful drink.

"Yes.. it's a lot easier this way.." Vivi

"Hey, everyone look! It's a dolphin!" Sanji shouted.. They all looked at the ocean and saw a dolphin not too far from them.

"Wahh! It's cute! My first time seeing a dolphin!" Lana exclaimed.

Just then it jumped over the ship..

"Hm? Are dolphins usually that big?" Lana asked as they watch the giant dolphin leap up. It was twice the size of the ship!

"No!" Nami shouted as the dolphin landed on the opposite side of the ship causing a big wave swaying the ship.

"Get out of here!" Luffy ordered and they immediately followed. Lana did what Usopp had taught her. 

Vivi was astonished at how well coordinated they look. They acted as if they were responsible people.

"Completely unfurl the sails!" Luffy shouted as Lana lets go of the rope holding the sails letting the wind sail them.

Just then the dolphin jumped again behind them.
"Okay! Ride the wave and shake him off!" Luffy.
Then as the dolphin landed on the water, Going Merry surfs the wave making a great distance between them and the dolphin.

"Good job Lana-chan! That was your first time handling the sail right?" Sanji

"Hai!" She smiled. It was an exhilerating feeling. It feels natural.. as if she has been doing that in a long long time. Maybe she's a sailor in her lost memory? or even a pirate? who knows?

"I taught you well my pupil!" Usopp pats Lana's shoulder as Sanji glares at him.

"Nami! Which direction should the ship take?" Luffy asked Nami who's in the back of the upper deck.

"Hold on a sec. Let me check." She looked at the Log Pose on her wrist. Seeing the compass pointing left she shouted..
"Turn to port, full!"

"Okay!" Everyone shouted except for Vivi and get to work.

Now that they are on the right track..

"Look! An island!" Lana exclaimed as she ran to the front deck of the ship.

Everyone followed her.. Luffy immediately sits on his favorite spot, the Going Merry's head.

"There's no mistake. That island and Cactus Island are pulling against each other. Our next stop is.. that island!" Nami said as she pointed at the island in front of them.

"So that's it.. Our second island in the Grand Line!" Luffy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 315 19
I won't spoil anything! Ace x OC Luffy x Nami Sanji x OC Zoro x Robin Usopp x Kaya & Many more! As found in my FanFiction.Net account Brightspark4 an...
2.7K 86 11
This is life for every person who has a specific time to live, but sometimes life is unfair in estimating lifespans. Evil people take longer lives t...
1.5K 86 6
Y/n, a normal woman (not really) who holds a deep passion for fictional (wo)men (cough- only One Piece men & women tho- COUGH-), one day, her birthda...
109K 4K 56
Luffy time travels to the past. Can he change the fate of his loved ones or will he fail them again? Let's read the story to find out what happened t...