Delaying the Inevitable

By spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... More

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Time With Ace
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Calypso? No, It's Lana
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!
Lana In Little Garden
Lana In Little Garden II
Lana? A nurse?!
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta
Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

Lana In Whiskey Peak

545 24 2
By spisovatelli

Having the island finally within their sight makes them feel giddy.

"Land ho!!" Luffy cheered as he sits down on the sheep's head.

"So this is Whiskey Peak.. Sure is a weird-looking island." Sanji 

Lana looked at the island.. It looks like it has been overgrown by giant cacti. 

"Check out those huge cacti!" She mumbled.. and they nodded in agreement.

Just then Mr. 9 and Miss Wednesday jumped on top of the rail. 

"This is our stop." Mr. 9 

"Thank you for the ride, my honeys." Miss Wednesday

"We'll meet again, if it is meant to be."  Mr. 9

"Bye bye baby!" They said in chorus and then jumped on the sea. 

"Baby?" Lana asked..

"Hai! You can call me baby if you like Lana-chan!" Sanji swooped in front of her. Lana sweat drop. She's getting kind of used to him being like this actually.

"There they go." Nami
"Who were those guys anyway?" Usopp

"Who cares! We're here anyway." Lana got the sense that Luffy is the kind of guy who's a bit carefree.

They all turned their head in the front as they entered the island.

"There's a river mouth up ahead. Looks like we can disembark there." Nami commented.

"You think there would be a boat there that I could borrow?" Lana reminded everyone that she's going to be setting off on her own, unaware of course. But thinking about it.. makes everyone feels sad. They haven't known her for such a long time but she fits in with them just right. Lana is the same. She's sad that she'll be leaving so soon.. She wished that she could've spend more time with them.

Breaking them from their thoughts.. 

"You don't think there'll be monsters and stuff here, do you?" Usopp suddenly said when he feels like he's being watched.. 

"Could be.. This is the Grand Line after all." Sanji . How he could manage to talk with that cigarette on his mouth is beyond her, Lana thoughts. Sanji immediately smiled at her when he noticed her looking at him. Zoro crosses his arms.. Why does she keep on staring at this damn cook? Does she like him? Do I care? Of course not.

"If we meet some monsters, we can just leave, right?" Luffy said as he looked behind him where his crew are and Lana.

"No we can't. Don't forget that there is a certain amount of time we have to stay on this island." Nami stated.

Luffy left the head and sits on the rail as he asked "How come?"

Nami raised her wrist where a dome shaped glass is attached on it.
"We have to let the Log Pose adapt to this island's magnetic field or else we can't continue on to the next island. The time it takes to adapt is different for each island. Therefore, some islands may take only a few hours, but others may take days." Nami thoroughly explained.

"So even if we want to get off this 'Monster Island' We might not be able to leave for DAYS because of the Log?" Usopp asked worried of what's going to happen with them as Nami agreed.

Lana is slightly worried too. Who knew that there would be such thing called Log pose and it has to set or something.. What if this place doesn't have a boat? What will she do next?

Her worries were slightly gone instantly when she saw Captain Luffy's smile. 

"Well if it happens, we'll worry about it then." 

"Luffy's right. Let's go. Just thinking about it isn't gonna get us anywhere." Roronoa-san said.

"Well.. I couldn't agree more.. I mean basically that's what I did and then look at me now.. I met you guys.." Lana stated. 

"That's right! Don't worry no matter what happens, I'll protect Nami-san and Lana-san." Lana blushed at Chef Sanji's statement.. it's the first time she heard that someone will protect her.. it's just a nice feeling. Zoro again saw how she blushed.

"Tsk." It made him feel annoyed somehow.

"Hey everyone.. Listen to me.. I've suddenly contracted I-can't-get-on-this-island disease." Usopp

"Is there..?" Lana trailed of as she looks at Nami who shook her head no. Lana just sighed..

"Alright, we'll go. But remember, be prepared to run or fight at any time." Nami said making Lana gulp. Fight? Does she have the skill to fight? Run it is then.

"S-so.. You haven't heard of my terrible disease.. have  you?" Usopp again said making Lana chuckle..

"I wonder what's in store for us." Chef Sanji said as he tucked his hands on the pocket of his pants.

"P-please." Usopp has his hands clasp together. Lana puts a hand on his shoulder making him flinch. She chuckles as she says sorry.

"We'll be fine.." Lana smiled at him making his fears go away.

"I hope." She added making him frown.

"Lana stop that!" Usopp screamed as she just chuckles. She didn't mean to scare the sniper. She's just telling the truth.

Lana looked around.. The fog had started to thicken as they move further inside the island. She felt chills as she muttered..

"Why do I feel someone's watching us?" 

"I felt that too." Roronoa-san speaks behind her making her flinch. She's a keen observer, he thoughts.

"Something's moving." Captain Luffy said when he saw shadows move on the shore.

"There are people on the shore!" Chef Sanji confirmed, alerting everyone. 

"Everyone, be on guard." Nami warned them

"Ah.. shit.. I guess I'll have to brace myself for the worst.. Be you monsters or whatever.. COME ON OUT!" Usopp nervously prepared his weapons.

Lana was scared as well of what's about to come as she unconsciously steps backwards. She flinched when she bumps onto someone's chest. She immediately stood straight and apologized to the person with a hard rock chest. Now looking at him, it was the swordsman. 

He just lets out a grunt and then grabbing hold on one of his swords. Lana noticed that he has three swords.. He must be strong if he carries that all day. It looks heavy.

She was back from her thoughts when she heard.. cheers?

"Are they cheering for us?" Lana asked as she looks around. The shore on each side were filled with people cheering on them and welcoming them.

"I.. guess so? The Monster Island is.. welcoming us?" Usopp said as he adjusted his monocle to get a closer look.

"What's going on?" Chef Sanji asked.

"Is that so bad?" Lana asked when she heard them doubting of what's happening.

"It's not bad. It's just weird. You see pirates were considered as criminals." Nami said.

"EH?!" Did she just get herself involve with criminals??

"But not all pirates were criminals.. Like us.. We just wanted to sail the world to fulfill our dreams. It's just that many pirates had done illegal things branding all pirates criminal." She sighed.

"Isn't that a bit unfair? Being branded as criminals just because you are a pirate even if you hadn't done illegal things.. Wait.. You haven't killed anyone have you?" Lana 

"Of course we have not. I don't know about Zoro though." Usopp said as he pointed at Zoro.

"What??" Lana looked at Zoro like she's afraid of him and it irritates him.

"I haven't okay!" He shouted in defense.

"Don't worry Lana.. We all chose to be pirates.. so criminal or not.. we don't care. All that is important is to achieve our goal and to have lots of fun adventures!" Captain Luffy said as he turned his head and showed his toothy grin at me.

"I'm sorry for doubting everyone of you." She bows in apology.

"It's fine Lana-san. We understand. You don't know us well enough to trust us right?" Chef Sanji

She shook her head..
"No it's not that.. Even though  I just met you all.. I already trust all of you.. I had no doubts that you'll achieve all your dreams someday.. It's just it's the first time I have known what pirates are and I'm easily scared.. but seeing you all guys makes my fear disappear.. You are all amazing people!" She smiled at them. Ahh.. that heavenly smile.. they thought.

Sanji was distracted when he heard the girls cheered.
"Ohh! There are so many beautiful women!!" His eyes now forms a heart.

Usopp then went onto the rail and blows kisses to everyone.
"They all love me! Pirates really are heroes to everyone aren't they?

Luffy raised his hands up loving all the cheering they gave them.

Not too long, Nami asked them to dock on the shore in their right. They immediately get to work.. Lana asked her what she should do but she winked at her and said to let the boys do the job. She felt useless but complied nonetheless, thinking that she might mess up if she tried to help.

They went down the ship as people started to gather around them, wanting to get a good look on the newly arrived pirates.

Lana felt the chills when everyone looks at her.. Zoro noticed this.. He get what they're feeling.. Seeing her for the first time can truly enchant you.. But he doesn't like the fact that they're oggling her especially the guys. So he moved beside her, blocking the sight of the perverted men and glared at them. They immediately looked away scared of the green haired man.

They were welcomed by an odd looking guy. He was a very tall man with ash blonde curls flowing on the side. Now that she looks at him.. He looks a little bit like a maestro.

"My name is Igarappoi. I am the Mayor of Whiskey Peak." He introduced himself after vocalizing.

"Irritating?" She whispered. Did she hear it right? She looked at the man beside her when she hears him chuckle.
"You could say that." He said without glancing at her. 

"I'm Luffy. Nice to meet ya. Ossan.. your hair's too curly." Captain Luffy said as he pointed at the said Mayor in front of him.

"This is the town of spirit brewing and lively music. Whiskey Peak! We take pride in our hospitality. We have an entire ocean of spirits for your enjoyment. Would you care to join us in celebration and share stories of your adventures? We would be-- Ehem! Mah-mah-maahh ⁓! We would be delighted to hear them." She stand by corrected.. He must be a maestro!

"OUR PLEASURE!" Luffy, Sanji and Usopp cheered.

"Three stooges." Nami muttered.

Lana chuckled.
"The mayor seems nice." She said to no one in particular.

"He might be? He might be not." Roronoa-san crossed his arms..

"What do you mean?" 

"Look some people may appear nice but you have to be also aware of them. They might trick you to let down your guard." Lana nodded.

"Thanks for the tip Roronoa-san!" 
"San?" He grumbled.

Nami chuckled at that last sentence. 
"Hey by the way.. how long will it take for the Log to adapt to this island?" 

"Log? Let's not talk about such formal things. Take a well-deserved rest from your travels.. please!" The mayor grabbed Nami's shoulder..

"Well everyone.. Prepare for a celebration! A song for our adventurous guests!" Then everyone cheered as he drags Nami. Zoro and Lana just followed them behind.

"Chef Sanji would be mad if he saw the Mayor touching her like that." Lana murmured.

"Chef? Call him crazy cook! That suits him the most." 
"I wouldn't call someone I just met that! Especially when he cooked me a nice meal!"
"But you call me Mr??" 

Lana crossed her arms as she huff. She's getting annoyed with this man. She doesn't get his point.

"What's wrong with that??" She asked but he just grumbles before leaving her as he enters a building. She furrowed her eyebrows. She just doesn't understand that man!

It was chaos when she entered. The place was packed. There's a lot of musician, filling the place with music.. Then there's people who were dancing and laughing.. There's Sniper Usopp whom she thinks is telling his adventures. She saw the navigator and the annoying Roronoa-san on a sofa with lots of mugs on the table in front of them.  Chef Sanji was on the other side surrounded by girls, his face shows that he's blissfully happy. Captain Luffy is filling his stomach as piles of food were served to him.. Her stomach growled at the sight.. She really wants to eat.

But before she could make her way over to the captain she was stopped when a bunch of men gathered around her.. 

"What do you want Miss beautiful?"
"I could give anything you want!"
"Come with us!" 

"Uhm.. I just want to eat.." She mumbled.. and for an instant they were kneeling in front of her as they hold different kinds of food. She smelled the delicious food and was excited to eat them.. 

"Lana-chan! Come sit over here!!" She heard Nami's voice and turned her head towards her. She just gestured her hand to come to her which she complied..

Lana moves towards her followed by the guys who's bringing her food. Nami sits her down in between Zoro and her. 

"Lana.. eat only what you can eat. Don't overeat yourself. This people are suspicious." Nami whispers to her. She could only nod trusting the navigator. 

Smiling to the bunch of guys.. she started to grab a plate and eats it. 
She was on her 5th plate when the person beside her talks.

"Ohh.. Where do you store all that food?" He said as he smirked at her.

She looked at her body and wonders..

"My breast maybe?" She bluntly said making him spit out his drink. 

"H-how can you say that bluntly!?" Zoro blushed.. from the alcohol he thoughts.

"Why? You asked right??" She huffs as she continues to eat leaving him dumbfounded.

He grunted when he saw how she smiles to the guys who serves her food. Why does she keep on smiling to everyone?? tsk. These bastards think they're so lucky.. if my hunch turns to be right.. I'll kill you all. He was annoyed by them that's all.. it's not about Lana's smile or anything.

After for a while.. she was surprised when she heard a thud on the table. It was Roronoa-san..maybe he over drunk himself. She looked at Nami who was now blushing as she drinks her what.. 13th cup? She was quite worried about her but she warned her earlier.. so she must have a plan in her mind.. Being full herself, she let out a burp and thank everyone before saying she'll have a nap.. they gave her a pillow and a blanket.. They are very nice.. she appreciates the effort. 

Thinking that his forehead must have hurt from the bump.. she raised his head carefully before sliding in a pillow. She then lays another pillow beside his head and lays her head looking at the swordsman. As the night deepens, the noise starts to fade as everyone started to be knocked out by celebrating too much. 

She just stared at the Swordsman's head.. She thought that it was cute that he has a three gold dangling ear rings. She was about to touch it, just curious and all, when he turned his face towards her.. She was slightly shocked but seeing that he's snoring.. she sighed. He looks very calm when he's asleep.. and standing by her statement of him.. He's very handsome. Her heart started to palpitate without knowing why. What is happening to me? She closed her eyes to stop herself from blushing.. and she's supposed to pretend that she was asleep.

Zoro then took a peek.. He was awake this whole time. 12th cup is not his limit. He could drink without limits if he wants to.. But since everyone has been wanting them to get drunk or exhausted.. he'll let them have it. He wants to see if they're planning something. 
He blushed as he remembers her gentle touch on his head as she puts a pillow beneath it. Taking a glance on the closed eyes Lana.. can't stop him from wishing that she was Caly. He closed his eyes.. now's not the time for that. 

The night's still young and it's going to be interesting, he thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.8K 108
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. Update: This story w...
29.1K 1.1K 14
This uses One Piece characters (which I don't own) and it is also a Zolu fanfic. This is going to be set at round episode 90/100 because that's where...
45K 1K 34
[ON GOING!!] When the world's greatest swordsman's daughter falls in love with the Legendary Roronoa Zoro. ------- Photos aren't mine. I do not own a...
1.5K 86 6
Y/n, a normal woman (not really) who holds a deep passion for fictional (wo)men (cough- only One Piece men & women tho- COUGH-), one day, her birthda...