Delaying the Inevitable

By spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... More

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Time With Ace
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Lana In Whiskey Peak
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!
Lana In Little Garden
Lana In Little Garden II
Lana? A nurse?!
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta
Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

Calypso? No, It's Lana

599 24 6
By spisovatelli

After they have finished their bountiful meal.. She's still hungry but she can't bother them too much.. They were kind enough to take care of her and even fed her.. She doesn't want to impose.

Sanji's washing the dishes, Luffy's rubbing his grown stomach, Miss Wednesday and Mr. 9 were listening to Usopp's adventures.. Zoro's staring at her with crossed arms while Nami nudges him..

"Stop staring at her.. You'll make her uncomfortable." She smirked as he snickered.

"So miss.. can we ask your name?" Nami started to question. Everyone stopped what they were doing to listen..

"Uhm.. how can I say this.. I actually don't know.." She smiled a little bit awkward for her liking.. She could understand their reactions.. They were all surprised..

Zoro has a lot of things going on his mind.. She doesn't know? So is she Caly? What happened to her?

"What do you mean you don't know?" He voiced out one of his thoughts. 

"I don't.. I don't remember anything.. Nothing about my childhood, my family, even about myself." She hates to admit it but she pities herself. But she has to be strong.. She's not dead yet isn't she? There's hope yet.

"How is that possible? How can a person not remember anything??" Usopp asked no one in particular as he crosses his arms..

"When did it all started mademoiselle? " Sanji lights up his cigarette as he leans on the counter.

"All I remember is ....." She started to tell them the summary of what she could remember starting from the island she woke up in until she woke up from their ship.

The strawhats were speechless from the moment she was done telling her story. Zoro wanted to believe her but what if it's just like the woman who looked a lot like Kuina.. What if this girl just looked a lot like Caly? Now that she doesn't remember anything.. he can't confirm anything.

"Oh I'm so sorry.. I know my story is a bit messed up and it's pretty hard to believe.. but--"

"I believe you." The boy with a straw hat said firmly.

"Are you sure Luffy? She could be just pretending to steal our things!" Usopp said. Zoro had that thought already.. He can't trust her beyond this point. 

"She's telling the truth. I'm sure of it." The raven haired huffed as he nods.

"Grand Line has a lot of mysterious islands. It's very common for people to be like this.. I have heard stories about those people who has lost their memories.. Since they have their memories taken, the fact of this island remains unknown." Miss Wednesday said getting a nudge from Mr. 9. She didn't mind him though.

Nami sighed as they somewhat agreed on her statement..

"Well, we can't argue about our captain's judgment of people.. So what's your plan now?" Nami asked her.

"My.. plan.. is to just set sail I guess. I need to find out what happened and how to restore my memories."

"EH?? Alone?" Nami asked a little baffled on her plan. She's going to be alone again in the vast seas.

She just reluctantly nodded.. What other choice could she have? She needs to get cured somehow.

"Uh.. yes.. about that.. have you seen my boat?" They all sweat drops while Zoro just closed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"We throw it away." Luffy nonchalantly said.

"You what? Why?" Great.. her one boat.. is gone..

"In our defense.. the boat's totally ruined. You can't use her again!" Usopp said as he's the one who made the call to just throw it.

"Ugh.. perhaps.. you have another boat you can lend me with?" It must be a little too much to ask.. especially when these people just took care, fed and helped her.. now she's asking for a boat.. she has no other choice. She needs to go.

But she sighed when she saw them shook their head no. What now? She needs to think of something..

"There must be boats in Whiskey Peak right?" Usopp said feeling guilty of just throwing her boat away.

Miss Wednesday nodded her head.. Right.. they're going to Whiskey Peak.. She almost forgot about their plan.. She seems to be enjoying their presence. 

"Whiskey Peak?" She asked as she cocks her head at her side wondering what that word means. Zoro saw this and his eyes widened. Damn! This woman is acting like Caly. Needing to take some fresh air, he stood up gaining everyone's attention on him and left the kitchen without a word.

The crew being used to his actions continued conversing.

"It's an island.. We're heading there right now." Nami smiled at her..

She nods her head in amusement.. 

"Uhm.. I've been meaning to ask you.. What are you guys?" 

"We're the Mugiwara Pirates!" Usopp exclaimed

"What's a pirate?" Everything just stopped. How can there possibly be a person that doesn't know what a pirate is?

Luffy stood up and went to her, grabbing her wrist he pulled her outside.. Everyone followed them curious at what Luffy's going to do.

Zoro who's leaning on the rail on the front of the ship raised his one eyebrow when he saw their captain grabbing the girl who looked like Caly outside. 

Luffy stopped in the middle of the deck just before the mast and pointed on their sail.

"That's the symbol of being a pirate!" She looked towards what he's pointing. It's a sail with a skull that has a straw hat on it. She then looked again at the raven haired as he huffs. Is he annoyed with her?

"Being a pirate means you get to gather nakamas and have adventures with them!" Short and simple but point proven as his crews approved of his explanation.

Zoro wonders what made this situation to happen. Doesn't she know what pirates are? She's totally the opposite of Caly. He remembers that her dream is to become a pirate and sail the seas.

"I'm their leader! Captain Monkey D. Luffy! I am aiming for One Piece to be the King of the Pirates!" He's the captain? She knows what a captain means.. but could a shabby person like him be a captain? And what is a One piece? I hope that's not what I think it is.

Luffy then pointed on the green haired man..
"That guy is Roronoa Zoro! He's a very strong swordsman and he's goal is to be the strongest in the world! Cool right?" She looked at the said swordsman and gulped when she saw that stare again. She feels like she's gonna melt.

"And I am the great Captain Usopp!! I am the best of the best sniper of all time!" The long nosed guy introduced himself.

"Captain? There are two captains?" She wondered. Luffy then locked Usopp's head into his arms..

"I'm the only Captain here! You're our sharpshooter Usopp!" She now understood.. 

"I'm sorry about the guys.. I'm Nami by the way.. I'm the Navigator on this crew." Navigator? What's a navigator?

"I navigate the ship. My dream is to map out the whole world that's why I joined them." Nami smiled at her. Was she a mind reader? How did she know what she was thinking?

She was flustered when someone grabbed her right hand gently and kissed the top of it. 

"The name is Sanji mademoiselle.. I'm the chef. I can cook everything you want, just say my name and I'll be there." He grinned. She swears she saw hearts in his eyes..

"Uhh.. Thanks.. I guess.." She said as she removes her hand from his grasp. She just feels uncomfortable in the way he's looking at her. Zoro smirked when he saw the cook being rejected. 

"What about you two?" She asked when she saw the two behind Nami.

They both smirked as they did their overacting introduction of themselves.

"I'm Mr. 9!"
"And I'm Miss Wednesday!" They posed.

She was about to say something when Usopp said they were nobodies and were just hitchhiking. That being said the two enthusiastic person were now slumped down on the deck.

She then looked around at them who were smiling at her..

"Wow.. You are all amazing people.. Thank you so much for saving me and taking care of me. I'm sorry for being a bother.. but if it's okay with you.. can I stay here for a while just until we reach to Whiskey Peak you had mention.." She bowed hoping that they will see the sincerity in her.

"Of course!"
"That's no problem at all." 

She raised her head up.. her eyes gets a bit teary.. and she smiled.. this time.. it was genuine.

Zoro had to bit his lip to wake him up from her charm. That smile.. He loves that smile.. He longs for that smile.. But since he doubts that she's Caly.. He can't be enchanted with a look alike. What if Caly's out there.. still looking for him.. knowing that he had stopped and settled with a look alike will be devastating for her. So he has to stop himself from interacting with her.

"Hm.. Just calling you hey or her is not going to cut off isn't it?" Usopp said as he rubs his chin with his hand.

"What do you mean?" Nami asked.

"How do you feel if we give you a name?" Usopp suggested. Nami punched his head for the idiotic idea.

"You can't possibly give a name to a person who doesn't remember her own! Stop being insensitive!" Nami huffs

She just shook her head and smile.

"I think that's a great idea.. It'll give me a little bit of identity until I gain back my memories." They just feel warm hearted for this sweet little girl.. All they wanted to do is to protect her smile.. 

"Yosh! You'll be called Luffy!" Luffy nodded to himself in satisfaction. 

She winced when Nami, Usopp and Sanji gave him a blow on the head. They just love hitting their Captain aren't they? What a strange bunch.

"What  do you suggest Zoro?" Nami asked the green haired man on the upper deck.

He knows what she's doing. He wants him to name her Caly. But he couldn't possibly give her that name. What if she's not her? He just can't.

He nodded as he stood straight.

"Onigiri." He suggested. But grunted when he received a kick from their cook.

"How could you possibly name a girl as gorgeous as her a name like that!!" Sanji shouted at the swordsman who is equally annoyed by the kick he gave him.

"You shitty cook! She has white hair that's why!" Well he's not lying.. It's the first thing that comes to his mind.. Caly and him loved eating onigiri..

Her sudden laugh made them halt their bantering.

"I'll consider that one Mr. Swordsman." She smiled at him making him blush as he looked away.

"Whatever." He muttered. 

Sanji releases Zoro from his grasp and went to them.

"I thought of a beautiful name fit for a beautiful girl like you!" She looked at him..

"Aphrodite! For a beautiful goddess!!" He screamed enthusiastically.

She again winced as the cook now clutches his head after Nami gave him a punch but he didn't seem to fazed about it.. which is a good thing I guess? One thing is for sure.. That their navigator is scary as hell.

"What about Lana?" Usopp suggested.. Nami nodded her head in agreement.

"That's nice.. Lana.. meaning calm as sea waters. Fits her perfectly.. don't you think?" Lana.. she feels so happy about having a name. Any name is fine with her.. but the name Lana makes her feel that it was well thought out even if they don't know her too well.

"I still think that Luffy is the best name." Luffy pouted as he cross sitted and crossed his arms.

"And it is.. But I would love it if you call me Lana from now on." She bows again as her gesture to say thank you.

"Nice to meet you Lana!" Luffy made his toothy grin being cheered up by her statement earlier.

They were distracted when Nami clapped her two hands.

"Alright everyone! I can finally grasp the fearlessness of this ocean.." Nami said with a newfound determination. They had just experienced the wrath of the ocean.. and Lana made her own fight against the huge waves of it.. 

"I understand why they call it the Grand Line.. But it hasn't even begun to see MY navigation skills.. Bet on it!" She continued her speech.. While they were worried about the said skills their navigator have.. Lana were amazed with her.. 

"Will we be alright though?" Usopp muttered but it didn't go unheard when Nami smiled.

"It'll be fine! Something good will come our way." She glanced at Lana and winked making her blush.

"And if you want proof.. Look! The first leg of our journey is complete!" They all stood up and went to the front of the ship to take a look.. 

In front of them is an island. Whiskey Peak!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 1.8K 108
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. Update: This story w...
24K 794 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...
342K 9.1K 57
There's a legend circulating around the world and no one believes it could be true. A legend about someone with the powers of every single Devil Frui...
22.9K 518 16
The Straw Hat Pirates, after defeating Doflamingo, depart from their new found friends and make their way back into the New World. They end up on a s...