Icy like diamonds || Ryeji

By itzyau

Arranged marriage AU Shin Ryujin, the girl surrounded by rumors, finds herself in an arranged marriage with H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Part 2

Chapter 23

7.5K 380 304
By itzyau

Ryujin looked at Lia, who seemed to want to run away but stood frozen in place. Not moving and hardly blinking as she stared with her eyes widened at Chaeryeong.

Then her eyes moved to Yeji's best friend who seemed mildly uncomfortable as well. She wasn't sure if the girl was surprised or simply tense from their sudden situation. But she must have known about Lia being there, right? That must be why she had joined them. Yeji must have told her about Lia and that's why Chaeryeong was standing in front of them. Unless...

Her gaze moved to Yeji, who seemed to sense it and immediately met it. As per usual, it was hard to read her expression so Ryujin wasn't sure if she had orchestrated something without her friend's knowledge or if Chaeryeong had asked her to do so. Either way, it was clear she had been aware the other would be joining them. Which was why she glared at her, not looking at all amused by the fact. She had placed her best friend in a tough spot and Ryujin wanted to tell her off for it but she wasn't one to cause a scene. And so she remained silent, looking back at Lia with worry clear in her face.

As she was about to ask her best friend if she was okay, someone started to tug at her hoodie. Causing her brows to furrow as she glanced to her left, immediately meeting Yeji's eyes who simply glanced away from the group and back at her. The girl clearly trying to nudge her away from the other girls. But something about that didn't sit right with her. Would Lia be more comfortable speaking to Chaeryeong by herself? Would she even want to do so? Because it sure didn't look that way to her.

Yuna seemed to follow Yeji's lead and understand immediately that she had requested them to give the girls some space, moving towards some arcade machines that were placed the furthest from them. But Ryujin hesitated, while Yeji didn't seem to let go of her hoodie's sleeve. Even if she hadn't budged at all.

Lia finally glanced towards her and their eyes met, causing Ryujin to give her a look as if to ask if she would be okay and her best friend nodded hesitantly, sighing before offering her a small smile. One she knew to be fake. But it reassured her. Because that smile meant that although Lia wasn't exactly cool or comfortable with what was happening, she wanted to try and speak to Chaeryeong and so Ryujin felt that she could finally move and leave them be.

Of course, she would still worry and immediately check up on Lia once they were done talking. That's her best friend and she would want to be there for her. Whether things went well or not. She would be by her side. For now, she would worry from afar.

Yeji continued to drag her, as soon as she allowed her to do so, taking every step hesitantly but following along. Until her, Yuna and Yeji found themselves near a game. Yuna, who was completely clueless about the situation and Chaeryeong and Lia's connection, was busy playing the game. Meanwhile, both her and Yeji were clearly busy watching their friends. Neither of them paying any attention to the game and simply staring at them.

"Did she know?" Ryujin suddenly found herself asking aloud, but barely audible to anyone but the taller girl who was standing besides her.

Yeji seemed to understand what she was asking, judging by the awkward silence before she shook her head. Something she saw only through the corner of her eyes, not having bothered to look directly at her.

"Why?" She whispered, taking a deep breath and running her fingers through her slightly messy hair. Her frustration apparent on her movements. Why would Yeji set them up like that?

Yeji shrugged, rested her chin on her hands that were placed on top of the game Yuna was still playing. Her gaze still focused on the girls who seemed all too awkward. There was an enormous amount of space between them, both had body language that showed they were uncomfortable and they seemed to have barely spoken. Lia actually looked to be praying for her early death as she stood in front of Chaeryeong.

Ryujin looked at Yeji who had all her attention on the girls but looked more curious than worried. Something that only got her to judge her decision even more. Why had she done such thing? Why did she think it would be a good idea? Ryujin hated the way she had set Lia up.

"You two look really creepy staring at them like that." Yuna suddenly said, before putting some more tokens into the machine and starting another game. Making her feel just a little embarrassed about her behavior.

Both of them gave all their attention to Yuna who didn't return it. Then, their eyes met as they looked at each other. Ryujin frowning as she felt terrible about this situation and what seemed to have been Yeji's idea.

"Yuna, go get us some drinks." She wasn't asking and her tone made that very clear. Handing her sister some money, she offered her a look that said it all. Asking her to take her sweet time with the task she had given her. Suddenly, as Yuna walked away from them, she turned to face Yeji who seemed to be avoiding her gaze.

"Talk."

"Why would I?"

Ryujin crossed her arms, shaking her head. "Because I would love to understand why you set my best friend up like this. And why you thought such thing was okay to do in the first place."

Yeji scoffed, not looking too amused about her words. "What makes you think I owe you an explanation?"

"She's my best friend."

"So?" Yeji shook her head, clicking her tongue before looking right at her. "Chaeryeong is my best friend. I did what I thought best for her."

"Yes, she seems to be ecstatic." Her words were filled with sarcasm as she glanced at the two girls who seemed to be having a conversation that was getting heated with every passing minute. Something that was bothering her a little too much. One glance from Lia and she would interrupt it and pull her away to safety.

"They can't avoid each other forever." Yeji argued, a little too loudly. They had been whispering so far but now their conversation had reached a tone that could be hear by anyone around them. Causing Ryujin to look around and see if people were near.

"That's rich, coming from the queen of avoidance." She countered, glaring at the older girl with annoyance and maybe a little anger. She wasn't even sure if the anger came to exist because of Yeji's plan involving Lia or because she seemed to be bold enough to say such words when she had been avoiding Ryujin the entire time they had been engaged. Either way, she felt herself heating up with anger and it wasn't helping that Yeji looked so unbothered by it all.

"Their situation is different." She stated, as if it explained everything. When in reality, it only proved her point.

"Exactly." Ryujin said, her voice carrying a little too much spite. "The difference is Lia chose to walk away while we can't do that. Now tell me which should require effort and not avoidance."

Yeji rolled her eyes, clearly not amused by her argument but she didn't argue against it either. "You want to know why their situation is different?"

She didn't answer but it wasn't as if Yeji was actually asking, judging by how she continued talking not a couple of seconds later.

"Chaeryeong likes Lia and I might hate your friend but I can tell she liked her too. You and I, however, we don't like each other." Yeji spoke softly and slowly, as if punctuating every single word that left her mouth. Each of them making Ryujin all the more uncomfortable.

"What makes you think I don't like you?" The words seemed to escape her without intention and she suddenly felt embarrassed that she had actually said it out loud. It was true, she sometimes found herself bothered and disliking a lot of things about Yeji but, despite it all, she found herself intrigued and interested. Ryujin wasn't sure if her dislike for certain aspects or attitudes from Yeji trumped the way she made her want to know more about her.

Yeji chuckled but it didn't seem to be a positive thing, not judging by her expression. "I know you don't."

"You don't know shit, Yeji."

The taller girl pursed her lips before crossing her arms. "I know you're a flirt and that I might have caught your eye, that explains your shameless flirting. I know you like to win, that explains your stubbornness. I know that you want to be viewed positively by your parents, that's why you haven't walked away. I know you don't actually know me, at all. That's why I know you don't like me." She clicked her tongue, scrunching up her nose before speaking. "I'm not interested, unlike your friend."

She then walked away, leaving her to stare as she did so. And making Yuna stop in her tracks as she walked towards where they were with the drinks.

"I left you for ten minutes. How did you mess it up that fast?" Yuna asked as soon as she reached her, furrowing her eyebrows as they both staring at Yeji who was nearly out of their sight.

"I don't know." She sighed, grabbing one of the drinks and taking a big sip of it.

Her sister sighed as well, shaking her head. "You're hopeless."

"I swear, she brings out the worst in me."

"I don't know what is up with you but Yeji unnie seems to make you lose all that charm and flirting skills you have."

"Don't." She said, taking a deep breath before looking at where Lia and Chaeryeong were just to find nothing there. No traces of either one of the girls.

"What?" She suddenly started to feel nervous about it, her head moving to look through her surroundings for any clue to where either one of them was. "Where is Lia?"

Yuna looked at the same spot as she had earlier, her eyes widening as she didn't see the girl there. Both of them left looking around with worry in their faces.

"Did you just loose Lia?"

"I was distracted." Ryujin defended.

Yuna pulled out her phone, dialing Lia's number but no answer came. Her eyes immediately meeting Ryujin's, who had been expectantly watching her actions.

"Do you have Chaeryeong's number?"

The younger girl nodded, trying that number but again, nobody answered.

"Do you think...?"

Ryujin furrowed her brows, thinking back to how heated their conversation had looked before she got too distracted by Yeji. Did they make it up somehow? Had she really missed that?

"I don't know." Then she picked up the drinks, starting to move with Yuna following her behind, carrying the rest of the drinks. Having seemingly bought one for each of them, Chaeryeong included.

"Where are we going?"

"To find Lia."

"Where?"

"I don't know. Just... let's hope she didn't drive back home and leave us here."

"Lia wouldn't."

Ryujin sighed, probably not. Lia normally wouldn't do such thing but an upset Lia could be unpredictable. That was why she was so worried. Although Ryujin hadn't been physically around Lia for their teenage years, they had kept in contact so she had been told all about her stupid ways of coping with emotions. It could get a little too messy, judging by what she had been told by Lia herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 1K 20
University student Hwang Yeji finds herself in a fake relationship with rising Kpop soloist - Shin Ryujin. One problem? Yeji and Ryujin are exes. Ry...
635K 26.6K 52
Shin Ryujin is a successful solo artist, best known in her home country, South Korea. Hwang Yeji is her new manager, who happens to also be Ryujin's...
200K 7.9K 55
Shin Ryujin and Hwang Yeji were close friends growing up until one began to develop feelings and push the other away, unsure how to handle her emotio...
292K 13.5K 48
In which Shin Ryujin texted random numbers to promote her idol's comeback. Little did she know she have already texted her ultimate bias, Hwang Yeji.