Hunting with Prey (G/t)(on ho...

By Crystalk17

What happens when a Predator and it's Prey are forced to work together? The answer. This story. Giants. Gia... More

You Bet
Unwanted Help
Who's the Cat and Who's the Mouse
A Hunting We Will Go
Traveling Companions

Sticky Situations

478 28 30
By Crystalk17

The above picture is what Farris looks like. Pretty handsome isn't he?

"A female hunter. I honestly haven't come across one of you before. Quite curious how that works?" the giant made sure to grab her body in one hand. He then tossed her up in the air, causing some of her items to fall to the ground. She could feel her body leave the surface of his hand, hover in the air for a few seconds, then fall back down to the pressure of his cupped hand. He knew exactly what he was doing from the actions she already witnesses. The planning. How deceptive he was. Even his ability she knew he was one that has seen many hunters in his life. She was just one that he was going to toy with then dispose of when it was convenient for him. She must have waited too long to reply to his question because she felt him throw her up once more causing her hair to fly in front of her face. She tried desperately to grab the sword that was no longer present just so she had something to make her presence known to him. If she had something, even if it was a knife he would see he couldn't scare her so easily. Maybe. Landing once more, feeling her leg twist wrong under her body she tried desperately to grab onto something. Anything. Not succeeding, because the only thing she could cling onto was his fingers, but like a cat with its prey, he dropped her onto the ground. She was so surprised her body hadn't broken yet, just demonstrating more how often he has done this routine.

Attempting to stand, she stumbled a bit. In the end, she just allowed her body to fall to the ground so she wasn't using up all her strength. She then began to think. This was an old, cocky, predator. "What do you mean by that?" she growled.

She watched as a smile grew on his face. His green eyes gleamed with confidence and curiosity. "In all my years I have never witnessed a female hunter...or do you prefer huntress? They belong in the houses. Watching the pups and caring for the male. What makes you think you could come down here and slay something many men have tried and failed."

Tucking one leg underneath her body she glared up at the giant being looming over her. At this point, he was laying on his stomach with one hand close to her body, probably prepared to pin it's prey down if she tried to run. The other hand was used to keep his own body propped up so he could talk with a clear voice. She wanted so badly to growl and snap at the creature, but she knew when it was best to seem submissive.

"Who says I was after Farris? The man I met in the forest seemed...too...weak for a proper capture. I am after the hidden giant of Wellwood. The one that is never to be captured by human hands. The one who has crushed many hunters and knights with just his fist. The hundred-foot creature who toys with measly human life just for fun. You couldn't possibly be the same creature...I did have to cut you away from vines."

Her personality was too dominant to not insult the bastard who had captured her, but she knew a creature like this...a creature like this would have a high opinion of himself. Hunting 101. Play to the creature's weakness and someone like this would think highly of himself. If she could just appear like a simple damsel in distress that builds up his personality she could just make it out alive.

Looking up she noticed the giant scratching at his scruff. "So you do remember the name I gave you? Interesting." he seemed to slow his motions, just about to move his hand away from her to give her space. Scarlet's demeanor relaxed just a bit. Her eyes settled. Her breathing slowed a bit. Slowly she reached behind her to make sure her crossbow was still present. She was about to speak more in a cute sounding voice when the hand that was close to her body slammed down like someone slapping away an insect. She darted her feet back forcing her body to create distance. The only thing stopping her was his other arm that now laid down behind her like a wall. Taking in a few deep breaths, she attempted to slow down her breathing so she didn't seem as scared.

"You use that old hunter trick again I will end you sooner." he roared. " You hunters believe you can just do one simple trick and outwit the stupid behemoth. Saying what I want to hear is only going to piss me off more." he lowered his voice once more. "Now. Why are you here?"

She scowled knowing she was defeated. She would have to think of something to get out of this situation. "Fine." She stood up on her legs pulling her crossbow into her hands to help the illusion she was forcing on herself that she was ok. That she could get out of this. "I'm here on a bet. I was told to slay the giant of Wellwood. I would then come back and get gold."

"So you were paid to slay me?"

"As I said." she brushed her hair back into place so she could look the reflective green eyes straight on. To show she had no fear. "It isn't a paying job. I am proving to chauvinist males like yourself that females aren't just a piece of meat. Now if you'll excuse me." she attempted to walk off, but instead, the giant picked her up by her cloak. She could feel the air in her lungs gasping to push harder. She wasn't exactly choking, but this position was not helping.

"You seem like a piece of meat to me. Just like any human who steps foot in this forest. Don't seem any different to me." she watched as his eyes shifted from that dark green color to a more dark shade. They appeared more cat-like with the pupils. Like the pupils of a cat who was toying with its mouse prey. The shade appeared black, but with how close she was to his face, she could make out the green still evident. If she was a typical woman or damsel in distress she would have been screaming right now. She knew what this meant. She's hunted enough giants to know what this action meant for her, but since she has seen many giants like this she rolled her eyes huffing. She just knew this would make her job harder.

From his cat-like instincts, she found out easily what happened to those other hunters. This was a predator. This was the last piece to figure out his game. He was a predator. A hunter. He somehow appeared human to draw others in with a false sense of security. What could a clumsy, lost man do? He didn't leave any signs of his presence because of his shifting. The signs he did leave behind he left behind premeditated. To draw the human in. When they thought they were close the giant would pounce, devouring the human. She just didn't know if he did this because the meat was his food source, or if he did this cat and mouse game to entertain himself.

She prayed it was mostly for entertainment because if she amused the creature enough she could have a chance to escape.

The creature licked its lips looking at her, obviously trying to make her scared of his actions even more. Deep down it did cause a shiver up her spine, but she refused to show that. "Ok. Wait. Wait. Wait. Do you really want to do this?"

The giant raised an eyebrow at her in curiosity. He would be lying if he said this creature in his two fingers didn't make him curious. "What do you think you could possibly say to change my mind?"

"A bet of your own."

This was outrageous. Why would the Giant of Wellwood make a bet with a small human?...but any other man would just try to stab him and go about his day. Maybe the females of their species we're smarter than their counterparts. " Go on, speak before I get bored."

"Alright. I am assuming from your actions you don't eat humans for a food source. Plus there would be more of a trail if that was the case. So I am going to assume it's over some petty grudge or you're protecting something."

Farris rolled his eyes but doesn't release her. He did place her on his palm so she could talk clearer since he was likely restricting some breathing. The thing was, he doesn't keep her from talking, indicating deep down he wanted her to continue.

She moved the collar of her cloak so it wasn't against her neck anymore. Taking in a few deep breaths she stared down the creature. "So my deal is this. You let me go, then I make sure no hunters return here."

"Sounds ridiculous." he opened his mouth wide releasing a warm deep breath upon her body. She could see the liquid drop from the top of his mouth getting some on her clothing but not soaking her.

"Wait. Wait. It's true." she stood her ground but spoke quicker to get his attention. "I'll bring back a trophy of some kind, proof that you're dead. I do that, then there is no reason for hunters to return here."

Farris closed his mouth looking at her with interest. He has encountered brilliant humans before, but he might have found one that has common sense...well to a point.

"But that means I must be left alive..of course. If I return then I need free passage. I also need something of yours. I turn in something saying you're dead and I get paid, get more jobs, then no more humans come here. That also means you can't draw attention to yourself. You do that...well then it's on you for hunters coming back."

Farris placed her down on the ground. He told himself the same thing many times over. He would never trust a human...but. There was something different about her. Maybe it was that she was female. Maybe it was that she was as smart as him. Maybe he just wanted something different, but he shook his head. His eyes returned to normal. "Fine." the giant looked around on the ground for something in particular.

"What are you doing?"

He growled trying not to reply to the human. But he also knew she wouldn't stop asking unless he answered. "Your sword."

She looked around on the ground, noticing a gleam of silver over by a bush. Crawling underneath she grabbed it, holding it into the air. "Got it!"

Farris reached down with two fingers attempting to snatch the sword out of her grasp. He knew it wouldn't take much, but wasn't in the mood to fight over something so minuscule.

"What are you doing!" she tugged on the handle trying to slash it out of his hand before getting a death glare.

"I am NOT allowing you to stab me. But you need proof. Get some giant blood on the blade then take a piece of cloth and you should have the proof."

She contemplated his words. Giants' blood was very rare and distinguishable by the dark red color. It was similar to human's but it was darker and thicker. An apprentice hunter could tell the blood wasn't human just by it's look. "You would just give me your blood?"

He snapped back at her for an answer. "Yes. But only a little. I better not find out you used it in a potion or gave it to a sorcerer. Or I will come hunt you down huntress." before finishing his sentence he ripped off a piece of his collar handing it out to her. The piece was so large she would have to roll it up like parchment. "Now give me the sword," he replied impatiently.

She thought about his words but doesn't really trust him with something so valuable, even though he just said he trusted her with his blood. She quickly pulled the sword from his fingertips grasp. She watched as the sword slid right out of his "Grip" slicing up his fingers. She knew to him it would only be like papercuts, but also knew he would not be happy. As quickly as she could scramble, she grabbed her items off the ground, rolled up the cloth, then ran across the ground stumbling a few times. Holding her sword with both hands to make sure not all the blood drilled off, she took off before the giant changed his mind. Without even looking back she heard Farris roar from her sudden gash.

He placed both fingers in his mouth to lick off the small drops of blood, but with the opposite hand tried to snatch up the human again. He watched as she scrambles away like a rodent with their prized cheese in hand. His instinct told him to get payback, but what would be the point. He wouldn't be seeing her again.

Yeah. I know what you all are thinking. They definitely will be meeting up again. And they will. So meet Farris. He is a snarky smartass that some reason has a grudge against humans. Let's just say he isn't a natural predator towards humans. He does have predatory instincts but obviously can control them. Let's see what happens when he happens to find her on hunt...well one where he is not the hunted. Do you think he will have a soft spot for the huntress? Or will this take time? Comment below what you think. Don't forget to follow and vote for more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 685 24
Surviving can be difficult when you're only a few inches tall. Fanged beasts see you as their prey, every creature is bigger than you, and the world...
101K 3.4K 73
Ever since Melia the Merciful was born she has always been a friend to dragons. To Melia, their roars and growls are no different to the Norse speech...
8.4K 404 19
Highest ranking- #914 This is a story about a runaway who meets an unexpected friend. With a horrifying past, It has been a slave for as long as she...
14.8K 162 24
A/N: this will be a reboot/redone version of my two-part 'Meeting a Giantess' stories, that I now name 'Meeting the Giantess'. A family's life takes...