Delaying the Inevitable

By spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... More

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Calypso? No, It's Lana
Lana In Whiskey Peak
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!
Lana In Little Garden
Lana In Little Garden II
Lana? A nurse?!
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta
Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

Calypso's Time With Ace

774 30 5
By spisovatelli

8 years have passed..

Caly has grown into a fine woman. She was fully healed.. well except to the fact that her burnt back has left that scar that she wants to forget..

During these 8 years, her father put her in a strict training in order to get stronger. To protect herself. And she didn't fail him. She became a fine pirate.

Caly was now 15 years old. This was the time that they met Ace. The pirate that her father wants to join the crew. Ace was 18 this time.

"Tochan.. are you sure about this? Isn't he the son of your great enemy? Gol D. Roger? To think that he wants to kill you, you still brought him to our ship. What were you thinking?" She was now on her father's chamber. Just hanging out.

Her father didn't answer but just laughed.

But after a month of attempting to kill her father, Ace became a loyal member of the crew. 
Not too long he gained the respect of the pirates making him the second commander of Whitebeard.

Another 2 years passed...

"Say Caly. You and Ace are close right?" Whitebeard suddenly opened up. 
They were in the deck enjoying the sea breeze. Just a normal day for them..
Caly was leaning on the side of the ship watching the sea waves.
Ace was startled by the mention of his name.

"Not really." Caly answered nonchalantly making Ace smirk.
To describe their relationship, well, Caly considers him as one of her many brothers and they always got each other's back. It's very platonic if you ask me.

"Come on.. Ace. Do you like my daughter?" Whitebeard eyeing the fire fruit user who's leaning on the mast of the ship.

"What!?" Caly reacted while Ace just widened his eyes, surprised by the sudden question of his admiring captain.

"What? I'm not asking you." Whitebeard snickered at Caly then looked at Ace.. waiting for an answer.

"W-well.." Ace can't look at Whitebeard's eyes.. he looked at his side.. avoiding eye contact as he covered the red tint on his face with his left hand.
He glanced at Caly who was now glaring at him.

"Well.. I can't say that I didn't like her.." Caly was dumbfounded by this.

"Hahahaha! So you do like her!" Whitebeard.

Caly continued glaring at Ace which he just ignored.

"Come on tochan. What's your point??" She's now annoyed.

"You two should get married!" Whitebeard said as he drinks his beer then laughed.

"What!!???" Both of them reacted.

"Why not?? My daughter is now eligible of marriage since she's now 17. And I wouldn't hand my daughter to just other man." He said as he stroke his white beard.

She sighed.
"Okay.. enough jokes tochan.. what are you really trying to do?"

"I told you. You and Ace should be together."

"Why? If you're worried about me.. I can handle myself just fine. And you entrust me with this weakling who can't even beat me?? You're belittling me tochan." Well what she said is not true, he's not weakling, she just loves teasing him.. It has been their thing, having banters here and there. In fact everyone were used to them.

"What did you say!? Who's weak!!" Ace stood up straight and faced Caly. Ah that irritated face that he makes.. it just makes her teasing fun.

"Did you hear something?" She asked one of the crew teasing him furthermore.

"Fire gun!" He postured himself and started firing on Caly with his pointer finger.

"Huh?" Caly just sighed as the fire just went through her.

She ate the Gekko Gekko fruit which is a Logia type that enables her to control moonlight, according to Marco who have assessed and researched her fruits. It is said that she's one of the fastest person in the world. But she doesn't even care about the rankings.

"What are you doing weakling?" She looked at him..

"Tsk." He was about to attack her again when she appeared in front of him.

"Just stop. Or you'll just end up destroying the ship. Not me." She smirked.

He was annoyed but yet she's right. He knows she's stronger than him. He just loves having this kind of bickering with her. 
In fact she has 580,000,000 behli as her bounty while Ace has 550,000,000 behli.

During these past few years, she gained a reputation as the strongest woman of the sea. With two devil fruits and a member of Whitebeard she became invincible. But no one knows her face or even the fact that she's the daughter of White beard. They just branded her the name Moon Goddess and you would just recognize her with her cloak on, covering her face. And she wondered why they branded her as a goddess when they haven't seen her face.

She moved away from him and flicked her hair.
He watches her as she made her way to her father.
He's aware of his feelings for her. He likes her but smiled in bitterness because he knows that they're impossible to be together.

"Tochan!" She pointed to her father.

"You have no right to choose my man! I have the only right to do it! Understand!?"

Whitebeard just smirked then laughed.

"Alright alright!"

She's glad that he understood. Don't get her wrong, Ace is not a bad guy.. In fact sometimes she thinks he's hot.. pun intended.
But there's no spark there. She knows that if she found the one for her, she'll know it with her heart. And she knows he's just out there, she just gotta find him.

A year had passed when an incident happened.

Ace bids farewell to Caly before pursuing Monkey D. Teach.

"You know you don't have to do this right?" Caly asked him, worry obvious in her voice. He chuckled as he pats her head..

"Yeah but it's sort of my duty to do so.." He said as he leaned on the railing of the Moby Dick, viewing the sun rising on the horizon. 
Caly tilted her head to the side looking at Ace trying to come up an argument to stop him from leaving.

"If it's tochan that's making you.. I'll talk to him." He again chuckled.. She's giving him this warm feeling.. Ah being cared by her is the most wonderful feeling in the world.. well, according to Ace who has feelings towards his captain's daughter.

"No.. it's not.. I have to do this.. I just can't stand the fact of killing another comrade.. that's just the biggest crime you could ever do. I will not tolerate this kind of action." He said, tightening his fist as he remembered his crew who is no longer among the living. Caly knew this.. hearing what had happened that day made her furious too.. believe me she wants to kill that man himself. But Whitebeard stopped her.. In fact he tried to stop Ace also, he's just a very stubborn man. Ace is a very strong man, she has no doubts about that.. it's just.. she's worried about him.

Ace noticed how her face changed into a frown as she's occupied with her deep thoughts. He's contemplating.. should he tell her about his feelings? He thought that he might not get another chance to tell her how he feels even though he knows he will just be rejected. But before he could say a word, he was flustered by her sudden action..He smiled getting a sniff of her scent as she hugged him.

"I give up.. just.. be careful out there Ace.." she mumbled into his bare chest.. Ace is a little bit worried that she might hear his tumbling heart.. so he reluctantly let her go, grabbing her shoulders and pushed her away from him slowly.

"I'll be fine.. It's you I should be worrying about.. what can you do without me?" Ace teased her trying to cut off the tension and sadness that has been lingering between them.

"Oh no Ace.. what can YOU do without me?" She scoffed earning a chuckle from him.

"I sure am going to miss you treasure.." She blushed. They have been friends for like 3 years and it's the first time she had heard him called her treasure. Everyone in the crew often called her the nickname her father gave her but Ace.. he once scoffed saying "how can she be a treasure? she's mean." Of course it was a lie on his part but then again seeing her annoyed beet red face was worth it.
She smiled.. it was nice hearing the word from him.

"I'm going to miss you too.." Now it's his turn to blush.. that smile.. you can't help but crave for that sweet sweet smile.. That's it.. this is the time. he just has to tell her.. right now.. Just as he was about to let out another word..

"Yow Ace! Why are you saying your goodbyes to her only? What about us huh?" Marco stated disturbing the peace between the two. Ace, being interrupted, turned his mouth upside down that Marco immediately noticed as he raised his hands surrendering.

"It's not my fault that you all overslept." He said as he crossed his arms, leaning on the rail with his back.

"Is tochan awake?" Caly asked as she looked over the crew who is walking towards them.. beside Marco is a big scrawny guy named Jozu and a tall guy with a mustache called Vista.

"Nope. Still soundly asleep." Marco shrugged as he puts a hand on the frustrated raven haired man shoulder. Caly huffed in annoyance as she strutted towards her father's room mumbling.

"Tsk. I already told him to stop drinking and yet he didn't listen..and to think that Ace is leaving soon.. shouldn't he say goodbye?!"

The men that are left just sweat drop as they watch their treasure.. they almost feels bad for their captain..

"So.. did you tell Caly?" Marco nudged the hopelessly in love man who is obviously staring at Caly as she faded from their view.

He blushed, eyes widening at the man beside him and the other guys who grins at him like they have known it all along.

"W-what? Th-there's nothing to tell! It's n-not that I l-l-like her or anything!" The fire wielder stuttered getting flustered at their antics.

"I didn't ask if you told her something like that.." Marco smirked as he released his hand from his shoulder observing Ace with amusement in his eyes. Who would've thought that a level-headed Ace would blush like this and stutter in just the mention of her name. You've got it good Ace.. Marco thoughts to himself.

He finally exploded as he crouched ruffling his hair and covered his face..

"Am I that obvious?" He said on a low tone.

"Yea.. everyone knows.. even Jozu here knows." Marco sighed as he leaned his back on the railing as Jozu just grumbles.

"So she's the only one who doesn't know.." Ace mumbled.

"To think that her frank attitude collides with her being dense sometimes. She's truly unique that one." Vista said as he crossed his arms nodding to himself.

Ace smiled at this.. yeah.. she can really be dense.. reminiscing the past when a boy they had met on one of the island they have docked in confessed to her. They laughed at her as she didn't even glanced at the boy.. well, it's not that she acted rude.. she just didn't know that it was meant for her thinking that maybe the boy was talking to the girl beside her at that time.. so she shrugged and went back the ship and the crew who saw this laughed as they pities the young man who has his shoulders slumped, being rejected in all..

If she's dense.. oh boy.. her bluntness is no par with this. Sometimes the crew were scared around her, because her frank attitude gets them every time. For instance, she would bluntly tell Ace that he's good looking but then saying that he's hot headed.. She's too honest.. not afraid of saying what's on her mind.. just like their captain.

The men turned their heads towards the door of their captain as it opens revealing an annoyed Caly who keeps on scolding her father followed by their captain who just yawned. You can tell that she just barged in there and started nagging at their captain who was in a deep slumber.

"Ace.. Are you still going to pursue Teach?" Whitebeard asked as he stretched his arms.

Ace stood up looking up at the man he adored and considered as his father.

"Aye oyaji." He bowed in respect for him.. He smiled as he remembered that he had tried to kill the man in front of him many times as he can recall.. but look at him now.. he can never been more proud to call himself one of his crew.. a Whitebeard pirate. If the tattoo on his back, the whitebeard jolly roger symbol, can't prove this, I don't know what is.

Whitebeard frowned as he sits on his chair that is specifically made for him in the middle of the ship. It was a rather big chair perfect for a big man himself. He didn't want him to go find Teach. He has a bad feeling about that guy.

"I can't believe I can't change your mind.. It's dangerous for you to go alone.. why don't you take some of your men with you?" Whitebeard asked as he puts his right hand on his chin, resting his arm on the side of his chair and leaned on it. The nurses scrambled as they attached dextrose on his arm and on his chest.. Caly sighed as she just watch the scene in front of her.. maybe her father has another shot on stopping Ace..

"No need to trouble them oyaji.. when you appointed me as their commander, I also gained a family.. as their leader I can't pass by if one of my brother has been.." He trailed of.. thinking of the right word.. Whitebeard just nodded as he understood what he meant.

"I will still do this even if you try and stop me." Ace said with determination. Caly again sighed.. who is she kidding, if she can't stop him.. who can.. Whitebeard just raised his one eye at him considering his sentence to be a challenge.. He then looked at her daughter, signalling. She immediately understood and walked in front of Ace.

"You will never leave this ship." I muttered as I smirk, crossing my arms as I look down at him. Ace looks surprised at first but wiped it off with a grin. He looked around as the crew started to walk beside Caly readying their weapons..

--

Everyone were strong but somehow.. Ace has defeated them all.. even Marco.. who he noticed, did not take him seriously.. He gasped for breath, looking at his last opponent..

"How many times have I won against you? Sorry.. I lost count.." She taunted.. Ace muttered a curse.. In the almost 3 years that he has been with her.. he has never tasted the sweet victory.. Now how will it be different today.. For all he knew, she's much stronger now than ever. I have to think of a quick solution. He knows that they are only stopping him because they cared for him but he needs to do this. If not, how could he face his crew as their commander?

"Well, that is very true.." He admitted..

"What do you think of having a spar you and I?" He continued.. Fighting her with her fruit powers is on a different level.. although he could say that her hand-to-hand combat is actually very good.. but what other choice does he have?

"You mean without our fruit powers?" Caly tilted her head to the side.. Ace grinned at that.. There it is again.. she tends to do that when she's confused or curious at things.. and it is very adorable, the way her eyes will blink innocently.

"What? Afraid you'll lose treasure?" He smirked.. Caly again blushed when he heard her nickname from his mouth.. sadly it didn't go amiss to the fire fist Ace as he thought of a plan..

"O-oof course not!! I can defeat you with or without powers you'll see!" She huffed as she turned her body into a fighting stance. Ace grinned as he did his too..

They started circling each other.. Eyeing on who will attack first.. Their audience around them were maybe used to them being like this but still can't help but be excited in watching their match.

Caly growled as she's the one to attack first.. She was a lot slower than when she's using her powers.. and Ace might just use that to his advantage.. He could actually see her movements as he was quick to dodge it. He decided to do offense this time and tried to kick her legs but she dodged it as well as she jumped in time. He muttered a curse again.. He could hear the cheers of their crew, mostly cheers for Caly though.. He caught a glimpse of the sun fully risen and thought.. 'Damn.. I should finish this or I could be travelling with that heat.' Not that he was bothered with the heat but still.. 
So he attacked her again, this time catching her off guard as she let out a curse losing her balance.. and just as she was about to fall on her butt, she felt that she was pulled by Ace as he caught her wrist and pulled him towards him.. What she didn't expect is what he has done next.. Her eyes widen as she felt his warm lips on her forehead.. Even their watchers were surprised with Ace..

To Ace this wasn't just a distraction.. It was more of a farewell to her.. he might not be able tell his feelings today but maybe this was enough for now.. He made a little promise to himself that when he was done with his task.. he will confess to her. 
He lets go of her and looked at her.. blushed with her widened eyes.. he can't help but smile.. he'll surely miss her.. Taking one last look at her then glanced around who can't seem to know what they should do next.. he decided it was time to go.. So he took his bag and ran to his own customized boat.. It can only be powered with his own fire.. He was not that far from the ship when Whitebeard's distinctive laugh echoes breaking their trance.. Caly had just realized what happened! She ran towards the rail of the deck..

"Ace!! You son of a--! Why'd you do that for!? Come back here you jerk!!" Caly screamed at the top of her lungs.. The Whitebeard pirates just sighed and move forward to the rail to look at Ace who's grinning on his little boat as he waves.

Marco went beside Caly resting his right hand on her shoulder stopping her from scowling.. she was literally blowing smoke from her ears, nose and mouth..

"Be careful out there Ace!" Marco shouted aware that Caly turned her head towards him.. Followed by his farewell, everyone started to shout their goodbyes to the raven haired earning a smile from him.. Caly just looks at them and sighed..

"Don't die Ace!See you soon!" She finally shouted getting a bit teary eyes.. Ace stopped waving and grinned.. He then turned his back from them.. looking at the horizon.. whispering.. 'I'll see you soon..'

Looking at Ace as he slowly disappears in the big vast blue ocean made her think.. The world is full of adventures waiting to happen. Her time with the Whitebeard pirates were adventurous alright.. She has been to a lot of places.. met different kind and species of people.. but she hasn't really felt that it was her adventure.. it feels like she was just riding with them, having fun and all, but then she can't claim it as her own. She wants more.. she wants to find her own nakama.. and build a family like her father's crew.. She realized that in order to have that.. she has to leave the nest. Leave her father.. Eversince the incident 11 years ago.. she has never left her father's side.. well, unless she was sent to do a task.. but it's a different matter.. Now.. once she leaves, there's no coming back. No.. she can't possibly leave her father right? She shook her head trying to erase her deep thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.1K 14
This uses One Piece characters (which I don't own) and it is also a Zolu fanfic. This is going to be set at round episode 90/100 because that's where...
43.9K 1.8K 108
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. Update: This story w...
23.7K 713 30
This story is about a Young girl named y/n who lost their parents in a terrible ship wreck, At least that's what she was told. Soon after she reali...
5.5K 112 12
One shots & headcanons about the character's from One Piece. Mostly fluff and humour, with angst only occasionally. Gender neutral reader insert as...