Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 69

364 20 5
By Veikari

In the next morning Freed was surprised since when he woke up, Laxus had already gotten up before him. It made him slightly confused but also a bit alarmed. There was no need for Laxus to go to the guild so why was he up so early? Considering how long they were at the guild last night and Laxus had been drinking, he should have a hangover today.

He stood up and after bathroom he changed his clothes, stepping out of their bedroom. When peeking in Felix's room he saw the boy still sleeping and Theophilius was muttering something in his tiny box on top of the wardrobe. He shut the door and went downstairs, starting to make breakfast. Maybe something had happened and Laxus was needed at the guild?

Only moments later Freed heard how the backdoor was opened and slammed shut. Soon Laxus stepped in the kitchen and he sure did look like he had a hangover, his eyes all red and skin pale and sweaty, but something else must have happened as well.

"Good morning", Freed said and Laxus grunted something, sitting down on a chair. "So what happened?" the rune mage asked turning to look at his husband who looked angry.

"Someone broke in to the guild house after everyone had left", he growled.

"Broke in? To our guild?" Freed asked surprised and Laxus nodded. "Oh no, don't tell me..."

"Yep. Ichabod is gone", Laxus said and Freed's eyes widened.

"But his room was secured", he said.

"I know that."

Freed sighed and he leaned against the counter behind him, trying to think what might have happened.

"It's easy to figure it has to be Yuidose", he said and Laxus nodded.

"Yeah, that's what Gramps said too", the lightning dragon slayer grumbled, fetching a soda can from the fridge. "Fuck my head hurts."

"You should drink less, you're almost thirty already. Your body can't handle hangovers like it used to and it's not good for you anyway no matter how old you are."

"I love you but stop nagging, babe."

"I just want you to take better care of yourself, Honeycomb", Freed chuckled and Laxus groaned rubbing his forehead. "So Makarov called you and you were talking with him outside."

"Didn't want Felix to hear and get scared. He thinks our guild house is the most secure place in the whole world and even if sometimes it might get a bit wrecked, it's safe."

"That's true", Freed nodded and he frowned. "You don't think Moritz might have done something to get Ichabod out?"

"That guy's a beast, he would have destroyed more than just a few locks to get in", Laxus grunted.

"It might be Humphrey too, or Yuidose himself."

"Whoever did it, they knew where that bastard was. Ichabod couldn't get out by himself. Also, Gramps said they must have a reason why they bothered to carry him out and didn't just kill him there. It would be so much easier for them to just kill him there."

"I take that as you and Makarov have come to a conclusion what I've been thinking for a while already", Freed said with a serious tone.

"I'm pretty sure", Laxus growled and that was what made him so angry. "It's someone from the guild or someone who knows our guild good enough to know where Ichabod was held to recover."

Silence landed in the kitchen. That was not something they wanted to consider, but they really didn't have any other choice anymore.

"Anyway, Gramps called us to come over", Laxus said and he got up, leaving the empty can on the table. "I'm gonna take a shower, you call Bickslow that we'll drop Felix and Theo at their place. Erza will come too, we're gonna keep this between us four for now."

Laxus left, banging the bathroom door shut and Freed sighed. Laxus was furious because he had to even think there might be a possibility that someone from their guild might be a traitor.

After dropping Felix and Theophilius to Bickslow's and Cana's place, Freed and Laxus continued their journey towards the guild hall. Once they arrived, the whole place was empty and only Erza and Makarov were beside the big bar counter.

"Oh, morning you two", Makarov said when noticing them. "Laxus, you don't look so good", he laughed when seeing that his grandson had definitely a hangover.

"Shut up, Gramps", Laxus growled annoyed and he went to take some water from behind the counter.

"You can't stop yourself from getting old", Makarov just smirked.

"Laxus, calm down", Freed said when he saw a large vein throbbing on Laxus' neck.

"Let's just go to the business", the Thunder God grunted irritatedly.

"That was my intention", Erza nodded. "Like you already heard, Ichabod went missing and every evidence we have shows that someone helped him. We don't think it's Emmett or Moritz either, so that leaves either Humphrey or Yuidose."

"Only if Yuidose hasn't hired more underlings", Freed reminded sitting down and crossing his arms.

"That is true", Erza agreed. "We have to be extra careful just in case. We were already thinking of a possibility that he might have hired persons against every dragon slayer we have", she said. "Moritz is a good match against Laxus. He might have mages against Gajeel, Natsu and Wendy too."

"He might probably have someone with magic that is able to melt iron and of course someone with water magic against Natsu", Freed murmured while thinking it. "But what do you use to fight against a sky dragon slayer?"

"Maybe other air magic user?" Laxus suggested leaning against the counter. "Or something like that. This is all just a theory still."

"Yes", Erza said. "But we want to be careful."

"Also", Makarov said. "Since Yuidose is the one behind two destruction in Fiore, he's officially determined as an extremely dangerous villain. There is even a bounty of his head."

"They really want to catch him", Freed said surprised. "Alive or dead?"

"Doesn't matter. They just want to find him and make sure he won't cause more deaths."

The old man took something out from his pocket.

"Also, this was left on Ichabod's bed", Makarov said and showed them the card. Freed and Laxus leaned closer to read it.

'Don't worry too much about your guest, he's in good hands. You have done your best to try and find more information about us, but you're still far behind. Why not go to Elenbora? You might learn something new again.

Kisses for Freed, may we meet again soon. Love, Humphrey.'

Laxus growled annoyed when reading the last part and Freed shuddered slightly. It was really creepy to think how Humphrey had visited their guild and none of them even noticed it. Of course it must have happened after they had all left, but nonetheless he had been in Magnolia.

"Why does they want us to go to Elenbora?" Freed asked. Elenbora was one of the oldest cities in Fiore in a large island between Fiore and Minstrel. They would have to travel with a ship to get there.

"I don't know, but they must have a reason for that", Makarov sighed. "Yuidose doesn't seem like a man who would give us tips like this just because he's acting arrogant. He wants us to find something."

"He might attack that town again after we leave."

"Or there might be some of them waiting for us there", Laxus grunted. "I don't like this one bit. They might be luring us to their trap."

"But without going there, we can't find out what it is they want us to find", Erza huffed. "And it is really interesting why out of all places he has chosen Elenbora."

They all knew what she meant. Elenbora wasn't exactly most friendly town towards those who could use magic. It wasn't forbidden, but most of the locals there were scared of the power what magic brought with it, even if some magic could also bring lots of good things. The town itself even used magic, but the citizens were more afraid that one powerful mage might start a mage guild which would then rule over Elenbora.

"I can't blame them why they're suspicious against mages", Freed muttered and Makarov nodded.

"The guild that caused them so much misery was disbanded only a little over one hundred years ago", the old man sighed. "It was disbanded before Fairy Tail was formed, but even I have heard stories about it."

"What guild was that?" Laxus asked.

"Red Dawn", Freed said looking at his husband. "It was a dark guild. I have read about it in many books and the things they did were outright cruel. They kept the whole town of Elenbora in fear and darkness for over fifty years. Even though I have found a lot about what all they have done, there isn't much information of the members who belonged in it."

"There is one name that is still well known in Elenbora", Makarov said. "Yuanha Ilmervok."

"So who the hell was he?" Laxus asked.

"She was the founder of Red Dawn", his grandfather explained. "But with the information we have, we don't really know anything else but her name."

"So Yuidose wants us to go there and find out more about Red Dawn", Erza supposed. "It does sound like it."

"Then I guess we better do it", Freed said and smirked a bit. "How convenient it is that there also happens to be one of Fiore's oldest libraries", he chuckled. "And also biggest. I can hardly wait."

"Hey", Laxus said looking at the rune mage, but he already knew how things would go. Freed would stubbornly want to go and would find a way to talk Laxus to accept it and in the end, they would all be going no matter what the Thunder God said.

He sighed rubbing his face and Freed smiled.

"I'm glad you understand, dear", he sad patting Laxus' arm gently. "So this sounds like a new adventure for Thunder Legion. We still have to talk with Bickslow and Evergreen as well and make preparations."

"You will need disguises", Erza said. "You can't walk around with your usual clothing. In Elenbora they might not like mages, but I'm sure even they recognize Laxus and it won't be good."

"Will you take Felix and Chester along?" Makarov asked and Freed and Laxus looked at each other. Would it be wise? This time they couldn't be sure if their enemy was actually waiting there to attack them...

"We have to discuss about that at home", Laxus grunted finally. "With disguises, even if Yuidose and his dogs know we're coming, they might not recognize us. At least not immediately."

"Let's hope for the best", Makarov said and he was worried. They had no idea what might be Yuidose's next move and why he wanted them to go to Elenbora.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...
242K 5.4K 24
{Completed} Laxus has always been your first love, he is the one that saved you after all. You've been dating for 8 years but your relationship has b...
22.6K 255 15
Y/N = Your name L/N = Last Name H/C = Hair Color E/C = Eye Color ⚠️Contains The Following⚠️ •Sexual Themes & Depiction •Strong & Vulgar language •Us...
11.9K 472 23
When you think of Fairy Tail, a certain set of names comes to mind right away. Laxus Dreyar, Erza Scarlet, Mystogan, and Shadow. The later two are kn...