The Alpha and His Luna

By BunniesAndMochis

The last race of Luna meets the strongest Alpha. How will their fate go? What secrets will their meeting un... More

Prologue
001
Their Wolf
003
004

002

2.4K 135 17
By BunniesAndMochis

Unedited.

He is a Luna.

Jeon Jungkook

After the Luna's little transformation show, he passed out. It must be out of exhaustion. The deep breaths he takes and the occasional wincing tells me much as I stare down at him.

Having no other choices left, I lift him up bridal style. I just can't leave him here out in the space when there are possibilities of rogues hunting him down. Sure, maybe he can defend himself, but it's not possible with his current situation.

A Luna, according to tell-tales, is one of the strongest race. Some even call them "the chosen" due to the fact that they are very rare. One can only be a Luna when born with an Alpha blood from both parents and born on a blood moon.

Blood Moon is a rare occurrence. It also doesn't have a fixed date or schedule, unlike the full moon. The blood moon also weakens all types of wolves, just like how the Kryptonite weakens Superman. All types, apart from the race of Luna. This is the reason why most babies born during the blood moon die. The mother should have the strength and the power to push out the baby safely. They should try hard and fight the effect of the blood moon or else, both the mother and the baby will die. According to the books I've read, the Lunas' strength doubles when a blood moon occurs. Though I only know that much because the books have limited knowledge about Lunas.

Another factor why Lunas are rare is because of their bloodline. The Alpha parents. Now, alpha couples are not hard to find, but conceiving a pup is a different story. Because Alphas are naturally dominant, there is a little to no chance that their DNA will be compatible with the other. This is why both of the Alpha's bloodline can hardly be passed into their offspring.

Rogues.

Havoc snarled through the link as the disgusting smell of blood filled the air.

I look at the still wincing boy that's safely snuggled into my naked chest.

My nose scrunched at the awful smell of violence near us. Just by their smell, I can already tell how many of them were carefully surrounding us.

I scoff at their stupidity. Carefully my ass. I'm called the strongest Alpha for a reason. I can smell them even  miles away from me. And as if outnumbering me is enough to make me lose a battle. It's not that I'm conceited or what. I just don't like it when my enemies think they can ever win over me.

There are six of them lurking in the dark. One in my north, one on each side, and three on my south.

Now, there's really no problem if rogues attack me. They can't win, and it's not something wolves never knew. Until now, I'm still wondering how they always attempt to fight a losing battle. But then, I have my little Luna caged in my arms right now. As far as possible, I don't want him getting hurt. Not a single scratch or bruise. Wherever I get the idea of protecting him, I don't know. All I know is that I need to protect my mate.

A warning howl echoed in the air. It came from the rogue in my north. I scoff. Do they really think it'll scare me? How funny.

"What do you want?" I ask in a calm voice.

I don't want violence tonight. I'm not in the mood. They better fuck off before they piss me even more.

"We want that boy" the rogue on my left answered. I snapped my head at his direction, and in the darkness, I see him baring his teeth at me while lustfully glancing at the naked Luna in my arms. 

As if on default, my blood boiled at his demand.

"Who the fuck are you?" I growled, Havoc crawling his way out to take control. I mentally hissed at him. I know he's beyond just pissed. It's our mate their insulting. That little fucker of a rogue won't get away here breathing.

"Oh you don't need to know" he replied with obvious mockery "If you don't want any trouble, hand him over or else you'll bathe in your own blood Alpha" the rouge continued. 

 That brought a smirk on my face. So they really think that six of them can handle me? What a shame. 

Slowly, I put the still unconscious Luna down.

"Sleep tight, angel." I whispered on his ear, pressing a soft kiss on his brown locks after. 

He smells like lavender and fresh watermelons. So refreshing. Kind of addicting.

I brushed his hair one last time before shifting into my wolf form. I gave the little Luna a lick on his cheeks (as I said, he is kinda addicting) before carefully turning my figure to face the rouges. 

My canines automatically bared at the rogue that was finally stepping out of the dark.

I heard him scoff. 

Oh how satisfying it would be to wipe off that scoff off this bastard's face. 

One of the rouges suddenly dashed towards me. Without hesitation, I lunged at him. My sharp canines found its way to his scruff. My movements were far from gentle as I shook my head, my canines still deep into his skin. I stopped when I felt his fur-covered skin rip. Blood came gushing out of the open wound as the rogues crashed into a tree.

Whose next?

I linked the other rouges, my voice cold and grim. I heard the one who attacked me whine like a puppy. 

I guess their leader's instant defeat was enough for a warning as I see five of them retreating back to the woods, whining like they just lost someone. 

Well, they technically did. 

Make sure to never

Make sure to never set your foot back here or I'll rip your heads off.

I linked one last time before shifting back into my human form. 

Carefully, I went to the unconscious Luna. 

Before lifting him up, I checked on him first. Seeing that there were no injuries, I lifted him on my arms again.

The walk to the pack house, didn't take that long. 

"Tae" I called.

Taehyung is my older brother and the official pack doctor. He's just 21 when he finished his medical studies with the help of our father's connection along with this prodigy-like skills. 

"Alpha" he responded immediately hearing the authority in my voice.

The quizzical look on his face when he saw the naked Luna in my arms was a reaction I already anticipated.

"He's my mate." I simply said before walking towards the pack clinic. Taehyung followed immediately while everyone who witnessed our little conversation froze on their spot.

"Where's dad and appa" yes people, you heard it right. We are raised by male couples.

"Dad is in the kitchen. He's been looking for you. Namjoon appa is with him too" Tae answered while helping me lay my mate on the bed.

"Will he be okay?" I asked worriedly. Now that all the lights are on in the clinic, I can clearly see fresh injuries on my mates delicate skin.

"He will be" there was assurance in Taehyung's voice. "It's just a few bruises and scratches , Kook. I'm sure he'll be fine." he added, pulling out thin plastic tubes and machines that are way too foreign for me.

"Why do you need those?" I asked, confused. 

With all these apparatus, he's giving me an impression that the Luna is in a critical state. I can't help the rage that's slowly crawling down my veins. 

Just who the fuck did this?

I was pulled out from my trance when Tae tugged me from my arm and dragged me out of the room. "Clean yourself then meet dad. You're drenched with a rogue's blood" he says, dramatically gagging at the stinky smell of the blood "Come on, you can see him after that" he added when he successfully pushed me out of the room.

I heave a sigh.

Honestly, all of these emotions feel strange to me. It's as if I'm meeting a side of me I never knew had existed. I'm not like this. I don't easily get worried over scratches and bruises. 

Is it because he's my mate? I think that's the only logic explanation for these alien emotions. 

I flick my tongue in distress. All of these are new to me. I don't understand myself. I'm not ready for this. 

All these thoughts flood my mind as I make my way to my room. 

I need to take a shower. 

Just as the warm water hits my skin, my mind almost automatically recalled everything that has happened starting from when I smelled the Luna's sweet scent. 

I know I've been waiting for years to meet my mate, but now that he's finally here I can't sort out my emotions. I feel thrilled, of course. But then I also feel anxious. My mate is no normal werewolf. Until now, I never believed that Lunas are still a thing. 

And it's not like I don't like it. It's just that.. I don't know. Are we compatible? What if he rejects me the moment he wakes up? Is he even at a legal age already? Will he feel the pull of the bond? God, all of these possibilities are driving me crazy. 

Just a day of  meeting my mate and he's already driving me crazy.

I turned the shower off as I grab my towel. I dried my hair quickly while stepping out of the shower room, not really minding if I walk around naked. I don't care. No one can see me anyway. Plus, everyone in this pack is already used to having someone walking around stark naked. As werewolves, we're used to that kind of culture.

After pulling a decent sleeveless shirt and sweatpants, I jog my way downstairs to meet dad and appa.

"Dad. Appa." I called to get their attention. Even after so many years, my parents are still sticked together like a glue. My dad, Kim Seokjin, the Beta of Callister Pack and Kim Namjoon, the former Alpha of Silvermoon, are still very much in love with one another. As their proud son, I always brag their love story to my friends. Though I only have a few.

"How long have you been there?" dad reached out his hand to me, a gentle smile flashed on his face. I immediately went to him only to be squished by both of them when they engulf me in a tight embrace, effectively robbing the oxygen out of my lungs.

"Long enough that I saw you smooching" I answered playfully while struggling out of their grasp.

Dad hit me with a playful smack. Appa laughed at us as, amused.

Soon after, I got dragged towards the living room. I saw Yeon and Nara, my twin sisters, playing with their doll house. As soon as their shining hazel eyes land on mine, they scamper towards me. I quickly engulfed them in a hug. Fits of giggles burst inside the house.

"How are my little sisters doing?" I ask, bumping my nose playfully on each of them. They answer me random things like going for a run early in the morning with dad and appa's wolf carrying them, eating pancakes, and playing with other kids in our pack. I ruffle their hair before putting them back on their feet.

Na Yeong and Jin Hye are my younger siblings, though not by blood. Actually, all four of us including Taehyung are not siblings by blood. Before dad, which is Seokjin, and my appa got together, both of them had their mates. I am Namjoon appa's biological son, thus me inheriting the Alpha position of Silvermoon. Taehyung, on the other hand is Dad's biological son. As for Na Yeong and Jin Hye, we adopted them after their parents left them in the woods.

Let me tell you guys a short story about my dad and appa's past. My mom, appa's mate, died on a war. That was ages ago though when I was just a toddler. Our pack was attacked by a group of hunters.

Hunters are humans who believe we exist. They hunt us down to hand us over to scientists for clinical studies in exchange of a large sum. At that time, Silvermoon was just a small pack. We were outnumbered. Not to mention the hunters brought dozen of silver-plated bullets. We are weak against anything that has to do with silver. Of course, we don't die from it, but it affects our wolf. When my mom, who was an omega, got hit by a silver bullet straight in the heart, her death was immediate. That's how we lost her. On her gravestone during her burial, appa and I promised her to become stronger so that we can fight against those who hunts the weak. My mother's death was the birth of the Silvermoon's strength.

The story how Taehyung lost his mother is not as brutal as mine, but just as painful. Her mother died after giving birth to him. As for how appa met dad, it was when the Callister pack asked for an alliance. Dad, as the Beta of the pack, came to meet with my father. It started with a newfound friendship until it blossomed into a true love. And since both of their mates are already gone, they decided it would be best to give their newfound love a chance. My grandparents on my mother's side approved so there were no problems on our side. When dad asked his pack to leave to join appa and the rest of the Silvermoon pack, they also let him easily go saying what's important is dad's happiness and that if he wishes to go back, the Callister pack will always welcome him with a warm heart.

"Kook, you're spacing out" appa called with his deep voice "is something wrong?" he asked, fingers gently running on my hair. The gesture instantly calmed me.

I should tell them about meeting my mate, I know. But it also seems so hard to open my mouth and explain to them that my mate is one of the long gone Lunas. Wait, do they even believe that Luna still exists? Fuck.

"Hey, you know you can tell us anything right?" dad sits beside my while rubbing my back soothingly. I heave a sigh before opening my mouth.

"I met my mate" I told them. One look and I can tell they're happy for me. Dad was instantly babbling about teaching my mate how to cook his special recipe while appa said that the pack will be delighted with the news.

"He's a Luna." I cut them off with the bomb, efficiently silencing them.

"D-did I hear you right? A L-luna?" Dad asked in disbelief. Oh believe me, I had the same reaction, was what I want to tell them but instead, I kept my mouth silent.

And because Taehyung has the greatest timing of all, he barged in with a sickeningly wide grin.

"He's awake."

Hi buns!

Here's a special treat!😇 I hope you'll enjoy reading this chap!

Keep safe y'all! wuv u🧡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 6.4K 26
when ,due to a past event Taehyung don't want an Alpha as a mate but got two Alphas in return,and that to be true bloods. So what happens next, let's...
117K 4.2K 23
in this story yoongi and jimin are fated mates but are too oblivious to see it. this is their story about how they fell in love. alpha¡yoongi omega!j...
193K 7.6K 60
Jungkook is soon to be alpha. He is waiting for his mate to shower him with love and affection and claim him as his. He waited for his mate for many...
430K 15.5K 30
Kim Taehyung, an Alpha meets his mate, another Alpha, Jeon Jungkook. Little does he know, that his life is about to change for the better. (WARNING)...