Don't Let Go

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something tha... More

let go series
copyright
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

eighteen

19.1K 1.2K 157
By ShabanaTheStar

Haya did not realize how quickly a week has passed. She has been disturbed the whole time, thinking of ways to tell Farhan about her sudden marriage. It has been the hardest week of her whole life nevertheless. He was already back from Florida yesterday making things worse.

I visited your home yesterday and you weren't there. Sanam said that you're still living in that village. What is wrong with you? Why didn't you tell me anything? I'm coming there tomorrow. Pack your bags and be ready. I'm so mad at you, Haya!

His text from yesterday still made her panic. Haya wondered how much did Sanam say to him. She didn't even dare to reply to him back. She couldn't simply tell him over text that she's married to someone, that would be downright rude and unfair. Farhan deserved to know everything, face to face. That would be for the best. But how was the question? How is she going to walk past Abrar's tight security in their haveli and meet their enemy's son?

"Your water." Haya absent minded-ly gave Abrar a glass of water instead of his regular tea and he gave her an amused smile in return.

"Sit here." he pulled her wrists and made her sit beside him, she was confused as to what happened and then he handed her the glass back to her, she stared at him weirdly and only then realized what blunder did she cause.

"I'm sorry. I'll get your tea in a minute." Haya was about to get up, but he pulled her hands and made her sit again, "drink this." Abrar eyed the glass of water which she held and then at her hazel eyes, which looked tensed and worried.

She gulped the glass in a go and gave him a sheepish smile, "I'm sorry. My mind was off somewhere."

"Exactly!" Abrar stared at her face curiously, "your mind is constantly thinking something. Is everything alright, Haya? Are you okay?" he placed his palms on hers assuring her that he was there with her. She smiled back at him shrugging it off but he very well knows how forced that was.

"I'm okay. I guess it's my headache."

"You can share with me you know... If something is bothering you." he tried again but she stayed quiet and said nothing. He wondered when she'd tell him the truth, he hoped that it'd be soon. Abrar has mistakenly seen the message from Farhan and observed how Haya was not the same anymore. He hoped that she'd tell him the truth ultimately and not meet that guy behind his back.

Haya was in for a big dilemma.

How can she tell him that she wants to meet that person with whom he wanted her to stay away? Abrar even took a promise from her to stay away from him for goodness sake. But she has to break it to meet Farhan today... at any cost. Haya was helpless. How much ever wrong it was, she has to give the explanation to Farhan which he duly deserved.

"Nothing is bothering me. I'm fine." she forced a smile again.

Abrar sighed, "if you changed your mind and decided to tell me, I'm always here to listen." with that being said, he got up from the sofa and gave her one last glance. She didn't even stop him from leaving the room without drinking his usual tea. Haya was too occupied with the other thoughts to think about his tea.

Soon it was noon. Haya did not get out of her room the whole day, as she sat in and stressed herself.

Farhan *heart* Calling, caught her eyes as her phone vibrated on the bedside table. Haya's body tensed at that sight as she goes to pick it up.

She has to edit out that stupid heart. With a frown, she swiped up to answers his call.

"Hello?" Haya's voice didn't have that usual excitement she'd have whenever Farhan called and that made him confused for a split second.

"Haya... Where are you? Tell me the address, I'll come and pick you up." Farhan although was tired from all the travelling he did, he was still very excited to meet his best friend after almost eight months.

"Don't... I mean... I will come to see you. Meet me in this place. I'll text it to you." Haya hung the call almost immediately and threw the phone in frustration.

***

Farhan patiently stood under the tree as he looked around for any trace of Haya. She said that she'd be here any moment. Twenty minutes passed, he still patiently waited for her to come. He smiled as he saw the velvet box in his hand. He was finally going to propose to her...

His smile widened as he saw Haya getting down from a car and he waved at her excitedly, she didn't bother waving back.

"Haya... I missed you so much!" Farhan pulled her into a friendly hug as soon as she came close to him, taking Haya off guard. It was common between them when they were best friends, but now it felt so wrong. Haya pushed him away almost immediately hurting Farhan in that process. His face looked at her with hurt visible in his eyes. He assumed she was mad at him for not returning soon, so he smiled at her instead.

"Farhan... I want to tell you something very important. Please listen to me." which he cuts her off in the middle, "that can wait. Close your eyes, Haya. I have a surprise for you. Hopefully you won't be angry anymore." he grinned at her as she gave him a blank stare.

"What?"

"Shush. Close your eyes. Please." Farhan pleaded, she shut her eyes with a frustrated sigh.

Haya felt something slip in her fingers, with a jerk she snapped open her eyes to see a very beautiful diamond ring on her ring finger.

Is he mad or what? Haya frowned.

"You know that I've liked you, scratch that I loved you for quite a long time and I know you have too. I'm sorry that it took me so long but better late than never, eh?" Farhan chuckled as he intertwined their fingers together. Haya pulled away as she gave him a furious glare.

"Marry me, Haya." before Haya could speak anything, a punch landed on Farhan's nose making her gasp in shock. And looking at the person who has punched, Haya's heart stopped beating for a moment.

Farhan whined in pain as he touched his nose which was bleeding in red, "are you mad? How dare you hit me?"

"How dare you touch my wife, huh? Stay the fuck away from her!" Abrar growled with anger seething eyes. Farhan froze at the mention of wife and looked at Haya accusingly.

"Haya, what is he saying?" Farhan grabbed her arms, but Abrar pulled her away from him with a force, "stay away from her. Don't you dare touch her with your filthy hands. I swear I'll do something you'll regret." his voice was so intimidating that it made Farhan gulp in fear.

Haya was horrified the whole time, not understanding from where did Abrar had come here? She didn't dare look at his eyes. She was terrified of him. How the hell was she going to explain to him?

"Farhan Sheikh, I'm telling you again. Stay away from her. If you don't, I'll make sure that you'd regret it." Abrar gave him his final warning and dragged Haya from there with a rage that frightened her from within.

The driver who dropped her previously was gone and Abrar pulled open the door and sat on the driver's seat. Haya was still standing outside the car, scared to face his wrath.

"Will you get inside or I should do the honours for that too?" he demanded furiously. A lone tear slipped down her cheeks as she got in the car. Her tears didn't even bother him today. His anger has taken over his soft heart and nothing seemed to calm him down anymore.

They both left from there, not bothering to turn behind and look at the person who was aching in pain and it wasn't just his nose that broke, but his heart. His heart broke into million pieces seeing the woman he loved, walk away with her husband, a husband which he never knew of. His life has always been complicated and this tops everything else.

***

The drive back to the Shah haveli was silent. No words were spoken. Abrar was controlling himself from not bursting out at her. The image of Farhan hugging his wife, proposing her to marriage. How dare he? It was a great thing that he left him with just a small punch, if Haya wouldn't be here, he might have done something worse.

Haya didn't dare look at him, she was trembling in fear.

How the heck did she end up in this situation?

When Abrar parked the car in the haveli, Haya didn't wait for him as she sprinted inside. With a sigh, he followed her to their room, heart raging in anger.

Haya was nowhere to be found when he entered the room, making him confused for a second as he just saw her entering the room a second ago, the tap sound from the bathroom answered him instead.

His hands automatically go to pick a cigarette as he lights it and the door clicked open. Haya stood in front of him, nervously.

"A-abr-rar."

"I-I... a-am sorry." Haya hung her head low, as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks. Abrar clenched his fists in fury as he exhaled the smoke.

"No, why are you asking sorry? I should be sorry. I thought you meant what you promised. Stupid me." he gave her a sarcastic chuckle making Haya feel so bad about herself. He crushed the cigarette as he didn't feel like smoking anymore.

His eyes then fell on her ring finger, which shone brightly.

"What is this?" he demanded furiously, as he held her hands, tightly.

"I- this... I'll remove it." Abrar didn't let her talk further as he snatched the ring from her finger, hurting her slightly in the process as she hissed slightly.

"Is that paining, huh?" he chuckled as he held her chin and made her face him, his expressive charcoal eyes made her flinch in fear.

"Believe me, it's nothing compared to the pain you've given me, Haya. It's paining me here." he made her touch his heart; which was beating so fast with anger and rage, "It's paining me so much knowing that you broke my promise."

The expensive ring fell under their feet, which nobody cared about.

"I trusted you." he twisted her hands from behind, as he pulled her closer to him, "it pained me so much to see that bastard hug you, how dare he propose you, huh? Tell me something, do you also want to marry him?"

Haya's tears were flowing continuously as he looked at her accusingly, "don't you ever think that I'll let it happen. You're my wife. Meri biwi ho thum. Sirf meri!" he yelled in rage as he pinned her to the nearby wall, cupping her cheeks roughly.

(you're my wife, just mine)

"Don't ever think that I'd let you free from this marriage." he looked into her hazel eyes which stared back at him guiltily. Her fresh tears almost melted him, but he looked away not wanting to go soft on her.

He was so angry and he wanted her to know it as well.

"I'm sorry, Abrar. I can explain. Please listen to me." Haya finally managed to speak. But he laughed at her sarcastically.

"You've already lost the chance, Haya. You should have told this to me earlier in the morning itself. I gave you a chance." her eyes widened in realization.

So, he knew all along?

This was so messed up!

How in the world did she end up in this situation?

Abrar couldn't stay there any longer watching her cry. Because angry or not, it still fucking hurt him to see her cry like that. His soft heart has taken over the anger to some extent. But he was still very furious with her. So very angry that he felt like breaking every damn thing visible to his eyes. He left the room before he'd do something stupid and regret it later.

Sometimes it's your close one's actions that hurt you the most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 38.4K 36
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her π’Œπ’‚π’Žπ’‚π’“π’ƒπ’‚π’π’… to ope...
89.9K 5.1K 9
❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his best friend's sister's best friend. That's...
557K 31.2K 33
❝ She came into his life like an angel that she was and changed its whole meaning ❞ The story of a brother who has spoiled his little sister rotten...
497K 20.4K 74
She was rose in the garden filled with thornsπŸ₯€ He was the thorn that would destroy herπŸ”± Ansh & Anaya were tied in an arranged marriage. By their p...