The 3 Month Plan

By Sadaf3232

*Book 2 of 'The Six Month Contract' Series* What Happens when Rocky finally locates Sky? Perhaps another plan... More

New Beginnings
Mr Landlord
Declined
Not You Again
A Girl Has Got To Make Money
Fake Sister-in-law
Wedding Bells
Mr and Mrs Williamson
The New Deal
Personal Assistant
Perhaps A Second Chance
Cruel Intentions
Don't Make Me Weak
Bells Be Ringing
Out In The Open
Secret Conversations
Provocation
Take Her Home
A Drunk Sky Is A Good Sky
Repentance
Time For Business
The Scare
Chained
Reversal
Fire
The Truth Is Out
Play The Game
Pawn In A Chess Game
Slap Me Not
Mystery Woman
Family Is Home
Dear Sister-In-Law, We Hate You
Bound
Another Deal
Seeing Red
Another Pawn, Another Game
Chocolates And Roses
Show Time
All Bad Things Must Come To An End
Sequins and Shimmer
Given The All Clear
Click
Break In
Smiles All Around
The End
Epilogue

Smashed Cake

3.8K 192 31
By Sadaf3232

*Rocky's Perspective*

As I get in the elevator, I calm down. Ian must've had the wrong news. I don't smell smoke and whilst I didn't use the elevator in the lobby, I didn't see nor hear of anyone panicking. I hit level twenty and scan my card to give me access to my penthouse.

When the elevator gets to the twentieth floor and pings, my eyes immediately dart to a dark foyer. The light in the foyer is always on. I grab my phone, turn on the built in flashlight and hold it against the wall as my hand locates the light switch. I blink a few times adjusting to the sudden brightness as the room shines. Turning the flashlight off, I tuck it into my back pocket and remove my black business jacket as I roll the sleeves of my white shirt up and throw the jacket over my shoulder.

I smile. The penthouse looks perfectly fine. As I walk around the wall separating the foyer from the living space, the lights suddenly go on and in unison I hear the shouts echo, "surprise!"

Ian is standing right and centre as Danny and Tim make their way over to me. Tim throws confetti in the air and I take a step back to avoid it.

I watch Ian. "Whose idea was this?"

He nervously laughs before rubbing the back of his neck. "Collective," he says waving his hand at the group of sixty to seventy people now covering my penthouse.

Danny pats me on the back before smiling. "Happy birthday dude. Who would have thought we'd see this day," he jokes as he slaps my back.

Tim laughs. "Officially waiting for your mid life crisis now."

I shake my head. "I'm not forty yet, my friend."

As the waitress walks past, Tim stretches his hand and grabs a glass of champagne for all of us before lifting his glass in the air. "To Rocky...oh whoops. Mr Hamilton who thought millions weren't enough so went after the billions."

I laugh as I clink my glass to him. "And I'm not stopping yet."

Danny frowns before chuckling. "Oh come on," he says. "Give us a break and let us make it there. I'm still bloody stuck at my administration into the million list."

This is good, this is what I needed but it doesn't seem to feel the same without Sky.

Speaking of Sky, I notice Mikayla waving her hand from across the room. We go way back to primary school. While I got along well with her, Sky didn't. If you would let them, they would go at each other's throats. I remember countless times dragging Sky away from what would have been considered a cat fight. They were on okay terms in primary, the real deal was high school. I guess they were too different.

Mikayla walks overs and throws her arms around my neck giving me a hug. Before Sky, I probably would've hugged her back but all I do is tilt my body to create distance and only put one arm out to pat her on the back. Luckily the hug doesn't last long and she pulls back.

"It's been a long time," she says. "Two years I think since I last saw you."

Danny turns to face me. "How is Sky?"

Mikayla plumps her lips and sighs in Danny's direction before turning to face me. "Oh that's right, you married Sky. How is she because I haven't seen her since high school."

"She's doing fine," I say.

"Is she not here?" She asks.

I shake my head. "Don't think she knows you guys were throwing a surprise party."

"Oh shame," she says smiling making it obvious that she still doesn't like Sky.

Her hand wraps around mine and she pulls me forward. "Come on."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

With her free hand she waves the boys over. "What are you boys doing? Hurry up," she says before turning to face me whilst still tugging me forward. "You'll see."

Behind us, Danny and Tim following before Danny gives me a questioning look.

I've known Danny since university days in Australia. After he finished his degree, he flew to the US to start his business and has been living here since then. Tim's story is a little different. I met him in the US the first time when I was building my office. He had started a small newspaper company and had just done his first interview with me for the front page of the first release.

If I was to say who my closest friends in the US would be, I'd say it would be these two. The day news came out that I was married to Sky, I had received a handful of aggressive and slightly abusive texts from the two with Tim even threatening to write a nasty article about me because he had to find out about my marriage via the news. Of course he never did live up to the threat.

When we stop at the bar, Mikayla's hand waves to the bartender and she orders shots. "Birthday shots!" She says tilting her head back and pouring the shot down her throat before sliding one across the bar to me.

My fingers wrap around the glass and I knock the shot back, a buzz going down my throat as the liquid travels further down.

Danny pats my back. "Let's not get the birthday boy drunk!" he shouts over the music to Mikayla before positioning himself between Mikayla and I.

Mikayla laughs. "One shot is hardly drunk," she says handing me another before downing one herself.

I tilt my head back, take the shot and feel the liquid giving me a kick.

Tim makes a sour face as he knocks back his first shot. "This shit is strong," he says.

My phone buzzes and immediately my hand reaches for my back pocket hoping it's Sky wishing me. My expression changes the minute I notice it's a text from the office. I could hardly care about work at this given time.

At that moment, Mikayla's hand comes out and she grabs my phone. "Uh uh," she says. "It's your birthday. You're not supposed to be on your phone. You're meant to be celebrating."

My hand reaches out for my phone but she shoves it behind her back and takes a step backwards. I reach forward curving my arm around her back in attempt to grab my phone but she doesn't budge. "Give me the phone, Mikayla."

She shakes her head. "Nope," she says before leaning into me. "It's your birthday. Forget your phone."

I take a step back to create distance between us as I grab another shot from the bar and knock it back. At this rate, I might actually get drunk.

Mikayla links arms with me and pouts in my direction. "You never kept in touch with your friends," she says. "I thought you'd call but nothing."

"Hmm," I say because I have nothing to say to that. I've seen Mikayla plenty after high school. Just never went out of my way to meet her. Back then she was my friend but I think we all went separate ways.

She sighs. "Okay," she squeezes my arm. "What's troubling you?"

I turn around and use that as an excuse to delink my arm from her but also to create distance. "Nothing," I say. "Just exhausted."

"Well then," she says turning to come in front of me. "I know just the thing to get you awake."

Before I can protest, she's pulling me to the makeshift dance floor in the centre of my living room. Her arms go up to my shoulders and she begins to move before pressing her palm at my chest. "Lighten up and dance. Can't have a stiff dance partner."

I shake my head. "I don't dance," at least not without Sky I don't.

Before this situation gets awkward, Danny and Tim appear. Behind them Lena gives my arm a squeeze and hugs me. I hug her back, as with Lena I feel comfortable talking to. My equation with Mikayla clearly has changed and we've drifted apart. No longer the good friends. Plus she's a little too touchy. Lena acts like a friend and her hugs are purely that—the friendly type.

Lena punches my arm playfully. "Dude," she says. "Your wife is hot."

I smile genuinely for what must be the first time tonight. "She is, yea."

"You should've brought her over so we could've met her," Lena says.

I open my mouth to reply but Mikayla beats me to it. "Well he was here for a business trip, no point having his wife tag along. I'm sure she'd be getting in his way."

Danny watches her carefully giving her a sour look before turning to face the rest of us and laughing. "I think Rocky wouldn't mind her getting in his way," he says with a wink.

Lena laughs beside us. "Ewww, but cute."

Mikayla still has my phone so there is no chance to check if Sky has messaged me. Beside me, Mikayla and Lena are dancing and as are the boys. I'm stuck in my own thought bubble and the only person who could snap me out of it isn't even here to do so.

The lights dimmer and a purple hue suddenly covers the living space. The music gets louder and the DJ who I hadn't noticed until now suddenly speaks telling us he is taking requests. This draws both Lena and Mikayla's attention.

Mikayla claps her hands before leaning into me. "Remember when we did that dance performance in high school to the song Let Me Go," she says. "We should request that song. It was so good and maybe you could be my dance partner," she says with a wink before I pull her hands away and swiftly pull my phone out of her hands. She frowns but turns to head to the DJ. "Don't text. Just enjoy!" She shouts as she gets further away.

Lena places her finger over her mouth pretending to make herself throw up. She leans closer to whisper in my ear. "I think she's a bit too free if you catch my drift."

I nod. "I know."

"Kick her out," she says.

I laugh. "If only it was that easy."

"Why not?" Lena asks. "She's clearly stepping over her boundaries."

"We go way back," I say. "High school friends."

Lena chuckles. "How unfortunate for you."

I try not to smile but I do. At this given point, it's very unfortunate for me.

Excusing myself, I make my way over to the bar and knock another shot down. That'll keep me buzzing for the night. Even though Sky hasn't texted me to wish me for my birthday, my concern for her has hit an all new high. I grab my phone and I text her. Hey babe, hope you're doing fine. Miss you.

I keep it simple and I hit send before making my way through the crowd, up the stairs and into my bedroom where peace and quiet finally hit my ears.

I drop myself on the burgundy coloured satin sheets over my bed and sigh. Normally I would be all for letting loose and enjoying myself. In fact, Sky would be the one to hate this. She loves her peace and quiet. A small laugh escapes my lips as realisation sets in. The more I fall in love with Sky, the more I'm turning into her...The more I'm seeking what she is seeking. I run my hands through my face and take a deep breath.

I wasn't lying when I said I was exhausted. I'm now feeling the signs of it.

"Happy freaken' birthday, Rocky," I say to myself. I'm just going to close my eyes for a few minutes and then I will go back. It'll be rude to spend all night out here when my friends have thrown me a party.

—————————

*Sky's Perspective*

I wipe my sweaty palms on my luggage trying to avoid wiping it on the dress I changed into. The last thing I want to do is ruin the dress I'm wearing.

The dress is gold with layered tassels. It sits quite high on my thighs and shows my long legs but that's because it's Rocky's birthday and I want to treat him. While I'm showing no cleavage, the back has a nice dip to it and I think Rocky will have fun running his hand on my bare back or even taking it off at the end of the night. That or he might panic like he did at his friend Dale's house because my dress was short. This is just as short.

The elevator pings as the door opens. I drag my luggage in and press the twentieth floor as I swipe the keycard. Lucky for me, when we officially got married, Rocky handed me a key to every property of his so it makes accessing his Penthouse easy and perfect for the surprise I am about to give him.

I feel as if my heart is in my throat. I do hope he likes this surprise. Unfortunately I'm late though. I was supposed to be here at six like everyone else but now it's about nine thirty and that's because my flight was delayed. Originally I was supposed to jump out and surprise him with the rest of his friends but I've missed most of the party.

When the elevator gets to the twentieth floor, it pings and the door opens to the foyer. I try not to look shocked. Whilst I knew Rocky is rich, this foyer is huge—humongous for anything that should be called a foyer. There are two gold sofas sitting on the opposite sides of the foyer against the wall with a large table in the middle and a vase sitting on top of the glass table. Gold marble flooring instead of the classic grey, black and white. It's gold, silver and white which accents the sofas. There are two gold carved hollow leave artworks hanging on the silver walls. Between the two sofas and walls is the entrance into what I imagine is the living space from the light and music that I hear.

I leave my luggage at the side of the foyer and walk through making sure I keep to the side so that Rocky doesn't see me just yet and I don't ruin the surprise.

"You must be Sky," a voice behind me says.

I turn to watch a man with light brown almost golden hair and green eyes stare at me. He must be Danny. The one I've been speaking to and texting to arrange this.

I nod. "Danny, right?"

He nods. "That's me," he says. "And you're late."

I frown. "My flight was delayed. Do you have the cake?"

He nods ushering me to the kitchen. "Rocky's actually upstairs in his bedroom."

"What?" I gasp, surprise taking over me. "He didn't like the surprise?"

"No, no," Danny says shaking his head. "He loved it. He's just tired."

I watch him take the cake out of the fridge and hand it over to me. "Surprise him in the bedroom," he says placing his hand on my shoulder and pushing me in the direction of the stairs. "Oh and Sky," he says forcing me to a stop. "I think he's upstairs because he misses you and can't seem to enjoy this without you. He's hooked."

I smile and then with the cake in my hands, I head upstairs. I come to a stop when I notice a nice lounging spot with a sofa and TV. To the left there are three doors and to the right there is another two doors. I automatically go for the first door to the left which is an empty bedroom. The next door to it is Rocky's gym.

When I open the third door, I notice Rocky lying on the bed. But it isn't Rocky that draws a gasp out of my throat, it's the blonde haired woman bent over him with her hand on his chest. This forces the woman to turn around and face me. My tongue goes to sandpaper when I notice it's Mikayla. The chick I hated from high school.

The cake slips from my hand and hits the floor. Rocky's head whips up and his eyes set on my tear stricken ones. His eyes snap to Mikayla who is still hovering over him and then back to me. His mouth opens and he mouths "no," when he notices me taking a step back.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I watch one of her hands on his thigh and the other on his chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...
132K 4.6K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
1.5K 90 8
A "contract marriage" binds two strangers, who learn each-others secrets. Both grew feelings for each other, during this time period, what happens th...
421K 13.2K 60
. . . What happens when two well known rival companies in New York decides to make partnership through an arranged marriage? And what happens when th...