The 2,000 Letters

By likeryebread

He wrote 2,000 letters. One every day since they met. For 2,000 days. And not a day longer. More

NOTE
LETTER #1
LETTER #2
LETTER #8
LETTER #13
LETTER #67
LETTER #149
LETTER #500
LETTER #649
LETTER #950
LETTER #961
LETTER #1545
LETTER #1572
LETTER #1602
LETTER #1837

LETTER #2000

308 40 15
By likeryebread

February 20th 1988

I can feel him coming. He's trying to pull me away. I'm holding on though. I won't go so easily. I'm not afraid anymore baby. My handwriting isn't as it once was, so bear with me.

Zachary.

You are the most amazing man I have ever met. Since I met you, you were always different and I never loved you less for that, just like you never loved me less for my flaws. It was never about that. Maybe a little. Maybe it was about all of our flaws and how we loved one another despite them.

Remember when I asked you to never change, no matter what? It was quite a few hundred letters ago, but I still mean it. Stay the goofy, dog loving, muscled football freak, military vet, adventure seeker, Zach Morgan that I will always love.

I don't regret anything we've done. Like meeting one another, having our first kiss, first time together, all the fights, the long distance, getting married to you, even if it was in a hospital. I just regret the things we haven't done. Adopted a child, watch the little one grow, attend their wedding, have grandchildren. Grow old together.

I regret not loving you enough.

Promise me something, after I'm gone, remember me. Remember I lived. Don't ever stop loving me, but don't let me hold you back from loving other people too.

I hope you'll be happy Zach, because I am, I was, and I always will be.

I'll always love you.

Lewis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 3.1K 15
[BXB] in which a boy falls in love whilst pretending to be homeless. - Eden Becker has begun falling out of luck in the fields of money. He finds it...
152K 11.5K 25
[BXB] Eliott Fernard has been attempting to live his life after cutting ties with his best friend, Eric Zhang, for ten entire years - but that hasn't...
11K 1.1K 36
Lightfall, built on corpses of shadows. When a war between two factions, the Lightwielders and the Shadowcasters, breaks out in Lightfall, only one...
North By Ari

Teen Fiction

639K 32.8K 39
North Sinclair never expected to ever talk to the cocky Jude Griffin, let alone run into him in a coffee shop on the other side of town. Jude Griffin...