The 2,000 Letters

By likeryebread

He wrote 2,000 letters. One every day since they met. For 2,000 days. And not a day longer. More

NOTE
LETTER #1
LETTER #2
LETTER #8
LETTER #13
LETTER #67
LETTER #149
LETTER #500
LETTER #649
LETTER #950
LETTER #961
LETTER #1545
LETTER #1602
LETTER #1837
LETTER #2000

LETTER #1572

209 30 4
By likeryebread

December 19th 1986

I told you today. I never planned to. I was going to wait until I couldn't anymore, or until it was too late. But then you started talking about the future and houses with fences and small children running around, being chased by Banner and another dog and I just . . . cracked.

Even as I'm writing this, I'm crying, so excuse the tear stains. I don't know where you went, you just up and left, putting a hand on my head. I'm so sorry. I know I should have told you sooner, but you have to understand that I was scared, terrified, so so afraid. I didn't want you to leave me when I need you the most. You did anyway, but I understand. You need time, I guess, to let it settle in. I've had months.

I can't stop crying now.

I hope when, if, you come back from wherever you went that we can talk and spend the rest of my life being together. That's all I want. To say I was with you until my end. If the situation was reversed, I know I wouldn't be able to survive. I'd be nothing. Lonely, heartbroken, nothing.

You're a survivor, Zach.

This must have always been my destiny. I was already broken, close to the edge. Now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the ride. Enjoy it with me, please.

I'm sorry and I love you, still.

Lewis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 238 42
Elliot Fernandez is a man who has only ever done whatever expects of him. So when he hits his wit's end, he gathers all his courage and moved across...
41.9K 798 44
Short scenarios for your favorite characters! (Well the male characters at least) The characters included are Alastor, Angel Dust, Sir Pentious, Husk...
16.3K 234 24
This might be bad so don't hate on it Boy x boy Cursing Mean class 1a and All might Bad grammar Badass deku/izuku Smut If you don't like then don'...