Catching I Bruce Wayne

By apollosmeatballs

*COMPLETED* Skylar Marie Jones was a simple senior student at Metropolis University until she made one wrong... More

Welcome
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
VIIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI

XLII

2.8K 96 54
By apollosmeatballs

It had been a little over a month since Skylar came back. And so did Firegirl. She now knew she could never take back the pain she caused as her time as Zero but the least she could do now was stop the bad guys.

She was surprised by how far the Leauge came far in the last decade. They had so many new members and the technology. Bruce, Dick, and Damian tried to teach it too her but there was too much new stuff. In the end, Barbara was the one who helped her understand the basics.

The Leauge carried out a mission of the Leauge of Shadows. They took down both Talia and Slade. They were in jail now. That gave Skylar plenty of satisfaction. Talia was delusional. And not the Lazarus Pit kind of delusional, crazy delusional for all the bad things she has done.

She kept her and even went out of her way to surpass her memories so she could have a friend. She kept Skylar away from Damian all of this time when they were under the same roof for so long. For that, she would never forgive Talia al Ghul. Although she felt a tiniest bit sad that Talia had gone into all of that trouble to have a friend by her side showed how alone she really was. Still, it didn't excuse her actions and didn't bring time back.

Skylar had also reunited with her best friend, Lois Lane. They hugged and cried for about ten minutes. Then, since neither of them was pregnant anymore, they let the dads take care of their kids as they got drunk on Lois and Clark's couch.

It was kind of their tradition anyway. Getting terribly drunk together while Bruce and Clark had to hold them because they couldn't stand on their own. It was around 10 when they and the kids came back to the house.

" Here comes the papa's!" Lois cheered. " Have you guys had fun?" Skylar asked, slurring her words terribly. " We sure did, how about you?" Clark spoke slowly, as if he was talking to a child so they could understand.

Lois and Skylar shared a look. " We had fun," Skylar replied. " You guys are back early. What, missed us too much?" Lois asked. " Yeah, it's the afternoon, go out, have fun!" Skylar encouraged. Bruce smirked. " Afternoon was two bottles ago baby," he said.

Skylar gasped as if she was told the most interesting in the whole world. " Get out! I'm sure the sun is still up! Loo- Oh my god," she mumbled as she turned around and it was nighttime. " Lois!" she gasped. " Don't look at me, it was your idea to get the second bottle!" Lois exclaimed. " Because we were gossiping! Quit snitching on me!"

Bruce and Clark shared a look. They smiled. Having to deal with this way better than what they were use to.

Jon walked up to his mother. " Mommy, I'm sleepy," he tucked at the edge of his mother's shirt. " Okay baby, we'll put you to bed," Lois said and smiled. " But first say goodnight to everyone," she said. Jon nodded. " Good night Damian, Uncle Bruce and Auntie Skylar. Nice to meet you,"

" Nice to meet you too buddy, good night," Skylar replied. Clark grabbed his boy and went to his room to put Jon to bed. Skylar turned to her bed. " I guess it's time to go," she mumbled. " Okay," Lois said.

" We're still on for brunch this Sunday?" she asked. Skylar turned to Bruce. He seemed surprised. " Sure Lois, we'll be there," he stuttered. Both of the girls smiled and hugged one more time. " Okay, we'll get out of your hair, for now, take care,"

Once they were out of Lois and Clark's apartment Bruce turned to Skylar. He was holding her from her waist to prevent her form falling. " I'm guessing you two had your fun," he said. Skylar smiled. " You know it," she mumbled. " I missed her so much,"

" She missed you too, terribly," Bruce replied. " Well, we'll better catch up at Brunch this weekend," she said. " Sure," he said. " Is this how she always gets when she drinks?" Damian asked with a smirk. Bruce grinned. " Only with Lois," he replied to his son.

Two days later Skylar was in the living room. She was sitting at the edge of the couch with her coffee and she was watching Dick and Damien training in the garden. Seeing them get along made her heart fill with happiness. She found out from the others that they didn't use to and seeing them friendly now did put a smile on her face.

Suddenly she was hugged from behind. From his cologne and the fact that no other person would hug her like that she got that it was Bruce. " Good morning honey, how was the meeting?" she asked. He had woken up earlier to have a conference call meeting with Bejing.

" Good," he replied. " Watching our boys?" he asked. She nodded. " Yeah, seeing them happy is making me happy," she answered. " That has been a bumpy ride," he commented. " Yeah, so I have been told," she sighed.

Bruce kissed her neck. " Anyway, there was something I wanted to ask you," he said. Skylar put down her coffee. " Yeah?" she mumbled. " I was thinking, with everything that happened, we never got to do something," he said.

Skylar furrowed her brows. Then Bruce put his hand up. He was holding something. A ring. Skylar's ring. The one he proposed with. " You kept it?" she gasped and turned around. " All this time?" she asked.

Bruce nodded. " Of course, it was one of the very little things left of you," he answered. Skylar smiled. " I love you," she said and leaned in to kiss him but Bruce took a step back. " No," he mumbled. He grabbed her hand and went down on one knee again.

" Bruce," Skylar grinned. " I've already said yes before, my mind hasn't changed," she said. Bruce chuckled. " I know, that was not what I was going to ask," he said. " Skylar, don't you think it's due time you officially become a Wayne? After everything we've been through, can we get married now?"

Skylar was grinning like an idiot even more. " Yes, and yes," she chuckled. Bruce gladly put the ring back on her finger. He got up and swiftly kissed her. Skylar wrapped her arms around him. " I love you,"

Two months later Skylar Marie Jones officially became Skylar Marie Wayne.

She had told Bruce of the dream she had, that they were going to have their honeymoon in Paris. So he surprised her with tickets to Paris. She wasn't really surprised. All throughout their relationship whenever Skylar expressed her interest in something Bruce made it into reality. He was seriously spoiling her. More ever since she came back.

Skylar woke up with Bruce kissing the back of her head. " Good morning Mr. Wayne," she mumbled. He threw his arm over her. " Good morning Mrs. Wayne," he replied. She smiled at that. She loved hearing that, it finally becoming a reality.

She opened her eyes. Bruce had found the perfect hotel. It had a little balcony that looked over to the Eiffel Tower. They had spent the night drinking wine on the balcony and talking. Their room was just like out of a movie. There were colorful flowers everywhere and the view was amazing.

" I know you want to go explore the city but I am not ready to leave the bed yet," Bruce mumbled and turned her body around to kiss her. She smiled. " We have a couple of more days here, don't we? Let's stay in," she murmured.

Bruce smirked. " Don't tempt me, we'll never leave," he said between the kisses. She giggled. " Then we won't," she replied and got on top of him. As they were kissing they stopped with loud knocking on the door.

" Mother, Father, we're going out!" Damian yelled. Oh, yeah. They brought the kids to Paris too. Yes, this was their honeymoon but Skylar didn't want to leave them behind and she thought they could turn this into a family vacation. At least the last few days.

But getting caught by your kids in the middle of being intimate, that would always make her embarrassed. She jerked back and she and Bruce silently chuckled at the situation. " You got your phones?" Bruce loudly asked. " We always do!" Tim replied.

" Alright, be safe! Love you!" Skylar shouted. " Just keep it down a little! I don't want to get kicked out of the hotel, lovebirds!" Dick yelled loudly and hit the door a couple of times. Skylar laughed and leaned on Bruce's shoulder. " We seriously need to learn how to be more silent," she muttered.

Bruce smirked. " Well, they're gone now, we can be silent once we go back to Gotham. Now, embrasse moi, mon amour" he said. Skylar bit down on her lip. " God, I love it when you speak French,"

Bruce happily obliged. Yes, his life sucked. Yes, he suffered too much pain. But he had also found happiness. He had found love. He had allowed himself to be happy and he had found a family. He was no longer alone. He had a wife he adored so much. He had kids. The eight-year-old Bruce Wayne who lost his parents at that dark alley would have never seen this coming. And come to think of it, it all started with Bruce catching feelings with the amazing woman that walked into his life unexpectedly.

Hi! We have come to the end of this story! Sure, it has been a bumpy ride, sad and emotional sometimes but we made it and we do have a happy ending, so YAY! If you liked my work please check out my other stories as well! Thank you to everyone who read it so far and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 142 18
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANYTHING FROM THE DC UNIVERSE CHARACTERS/COMICS
26.6K 1.3K 43
'Just how far can one walk the path that has been set for them by others?' [Young justice]
84K 1.1K 18
Yep, another one of these. "Are you living? Or are you just existing?" ~ unknown {DISCONTINUED} If you make a request please include the character yo...