Griffin

By DiaFuller

Elena's life had been peaceful, until the day she was forced to join the Godson family to pay off a debt that... More

Chapter 1: Meeting
Chapter 2: His Room
Chapter 3: Short Lived Happiness
Chapter 5: The Curse
Chapter 6: It's War
Chapter 7: Gerald Godson
Chapter 8: Moving Through
Chapter 9: Five Years
Chapter 10: Suspicion
Chapter 11: I'm Going to Get a Closer Look
Chapter 12: Tragedy
Chapter 13: Movie
Chapter 14: Weird
Chapter 15: Jackie Let's Talk
Chapter 16: Congratulations.
Chapter 17: One Year Later
Chapter 18: Who is She?
Chapter 19: Do We Talk About It?
Chapter 20: Two Years Later
Chapter 21: The Visit
Chapter 22: Enough Information for You?
Chapter 23: The Night
Chapter 24: Into the Night
Chapter 25: A Familiar Face
Chapter 26: As is
Chapter 27: Goodbye.
Chapter 28: New Beginning
Chapter 29: Hello, Elena.
Chapter 30: Truth
Chapter 31: Reunited
Chapter 32: Rainy Day
Chapter 33: Don't Look Back
Chapter 34: Imprisonment
Chapter 35: Take Me Back to You
Chapter 36: A Woman's Scorn
Chapter 37: At What Cost?
Chapter 38: The Drive
Chapter 39: Confession
Chapter 40: Buzz Boom
Chapter 41: Spaces Between Us
Chapter 42: Let Us Make It
Ch 43: In the Hospital's Room
Chapter 44: How Is He
Chapter 45: Out in The Garden
Chapter 46: It'll Be Ok
Chapter 47: Sophomore Year in High School
Chapter 48: Sophomore Year in High School- Part II
Chapter 49: Junior Year in High School
Chapter 50: The Hand That Once Held Mine
Chapter 51: Revisit
Chapter 52: Goodbye
Chapter 53: Apple Tree
Chapter 54: His Girl
Chapter 55: In Our Bedroom
Chapter 56: Morning Play
Chapter 57: Under the Sycamore Tree
Chapter 58: Sunrise
Chapter 59: His Ultimatum
Chapter 60: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 61: Support
Chapter 62: The Office
Chapter 63: Announcement
Chapter 64: Me and You
Chapter 65: My Baby
Chapter 66: Darken Sky
Questions
Thanksgiving Special

Chapter 4: Open the Door, Elena.

76.9K 2.2K 692
By DiaFuller

As soon as I got back into Godson's residence, I resided in my room. I was briefly greeted by Lisa; she informed me that today I could focus on my study.

Griffin was to have a few of his friends from school come by today so I can stay put and she will take care of everything.

I was surprised she didn't ask me to take care of them, but I'm not about to question her decision. I'm more than happy to stay out of their way. I ate what Lisa made me for dinner and stayed in my room the rest of the day to do my homework and projects.

I look at the clock it's 8:30 pm.

I stretched my arms over my head when a knock on my door jolted me.

Maybe Lisa needs help cleaning up, rowdy high school kids can make a lot of mess.

I grab my hair's tie on the table and work to twist my hair into a bun, I hate having my hair in the way while I do chores. I open the door.

My arms freeze midair.

Standing in front of my room is not Lisa.

His eyes travel up my arm where it's holding up my hair.

I drop my arms quickly in surprise, his eyes follow the cascade of my hair as they fall on my shoulder.

"How can I help you, Griffin?" I ask.

His eyes lift to my face leisurely before darting into my bedroom.

I move to block his view. His lip twitches.

He hands me a piece of paper I'm hesitant to take it.

I narrow my eyes at it before shooting a glance up at Griffin.

His face gives nothing away. 

"Why are you so suspicious of a piece of paper?" He asks.

"What is it for?" I ask

He looks at the paper and sighs before turning the paper over, and holding it up for me to read. 

It reads "Parental Consent Form."

My mouth presses into a thin line, and I look back up at this boy in a new light.

He had been hit in the head too many times by a soccer ball, they unknowingly destroyed his chances of getting into a good university.

It's a good thing that his family is rich, they can afford brain scans and treatments for him.

"Griffin..." I said softly "That's for your dad. His room is down the hall to your far left." I debate whether I should just walk him there.

"No, this is for you." He said.

How do I tell him he's stupid?

"Griffin..." I try again.

Griffin pinches his nose with two fingers and looks up at the ceiling like he's praying for patience.

It must be hard for him.

"Lord please give me strength--" He mumbles under his breath.

"I'll pray for you tonight too," I said with sympathy.

"Jesus!" Now he's frustrated.

I gently place my hand on his arm.

"Hey, it's ok" I comfort him.

He looks down at where my hand made contact with his arm, heat emits from his skin, thick and warm. I quickly remove my hand and clear my throat nervously.

"From Mr.Mattigon," he said.

My head whips up quickly "Why do you have it?"

He shrugs his big shoulders "I was nearby and dropped in."

"You were nearby and dropped in?" I repeat his absurdity "That's like saying you were in the neighborhood, so you decided to walk into a stranger's home and put their mail inside their house."

"We're not strangers." He said.

I groan out loud. 

Then suddenly he steps forward, looming over me "Why are you so concerned, Elena."

My heart raced in my chest as I looked up at him "What? I'm not." I deny.

"You are. You're overly concerned about how I got this form. Not a thank you, but instead, you're concerned over why I talked to that teacher." His voice drops. "Tell me why."

His sudden change makes my throat dry "It's none of your business."

His hardened eyes narrow into a slit, and he braces both hands on either side of my head the room close in on me.

"I make it mine." He said, eyes level with mine leaving me a very small space. My fists clench at my sides.

I clamped my mouth shut and refused to say anything else to him.

"I'm taking you to school tomorrow." He said.

"What?! No. I can go myself."

He leans in closer I flinch back, and my heart ramps against my chest.

"I'm taking you to school tomorrow. Understood?" He said it again in a final, daring me to defy him.

I nod and clench my fist harder.

------------

It's early morning, I stand back and lean against his car with folded arms debating whether I should just leave without him.

Who does he think he is telling me what to do?! I work for them so what? Doesn't give him the right to be so arrogant!

Ugh, forget this. I push myself off his car when I suddenly hear the car's door open.

In a fitted black shirt and light blue jeans with his backpack slung over his shoulders, he climbs into the driver's side without so much as a glance my way.

"Get in." He said as he starts the engine.

I fight to keep myself from rolling my eyes at him. I pray for this ride, please let it be short and smooth; I just want to get to school in one piece.

I climb into the backseat "I'm not your chauffeur. Come sit at the front" his hard voice carries over.

I hold my tongue from lashing back out at him.

I flop my butt down and put on my seatbelt, keeping my eyes ahead the whole time.

He angles his body towards me, one hand on the back of my seat. Eyes scan over me before looking back and putting his car in reverse.

His clean soap and sweet citrus spice waft my nose if I could stop breathing I would this whole ride. Even his scent infuriates me at this point.

I turn my face completely to one side and stare out the window instead.

I sit in silence; my body feels tight until my anger boils over.

"Whatever misunderstanding you pulled with Mr.Mattigon. He's going to think we have something going on. You need to fix it."

So much for keeping peace and silence. But I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. He's arrogant and thinks he can just do whatever he wants. He got other things coming, I'm not letting him walk all over me.

"Do I look like I care what that math teacher thinks?"

You know in a cartoon when the character gets so mad an image of a boiling pot would come into the frame? Yeah, that's me right now.

I don't consider myself a violent person. I'm far from it I'm as gentle as they come, but this boy. This boy has a talent for pissing me off.

He's a rich boy with issues like Batman sitting in his Batcave alone. The difference is Batman contributes to society with his crime fighting. This boy? God forbid if I don't beat him to pulps like Batman beating the Joker in a dark alley.

"I know you don't care. I don't think you care about anything!" I said.

He turns to me then, he's pissed. 

Well, hell! I'm pissed too! Two can play this game!

"I don't give a damn what misunderstanding he has in his head. I suggest you do the same thing." He said almost in a snarl.

"You have no right to insinuate such things to him." I snarl back.

His grip on the wheel tightens, his knuckles turn white muscles cord his forearms.

Suddenly the car swirls to the side of the road jostling my body against the door. The car stops with a loud screech.

"What the hell, Griffin!" I pull myself back to a normal sitting position.

"Are you trying to kill-" I turn to him but pause midway. His jaw tensed, hard eyes leaning in.

"Or what, Elena? What will you do? Announce to the whole school that you have the hot for him?"

Shock jolt through my system.

A hard slap across his face, the sound echo in his quiet car, and the engine hums in the background.

His face turns to the side from the impact, and the palm of my hand sting. His eyes widen in shock.

His head turns slowly his hard eyes found mine.

Horrified, I clamped my hand over my mouth with shaking hands.

With lightning speed, his hand shot out and wrap itself around my wrist tugging me forcefully toward him.

"So is this how you want to play this?" His voice sounds eerily calm. 

I struggle to unravel his grip on my wrist. "I'm not playing anything with you...let go of me, Griffin."

"You said you don't, but your handprint on my cheek says otherwise."

"I'm...I'm..." I struggle to formulate any response. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't fix it, you need to do something about it." He said leaning in close. 

Before I can grasp what's going on, his other hand wrap around the back of my waist.

My eyes went wide.

"What are you doing?!" I panic. "I said I was sorry! Let me go!"

My other free hand instantly shot up and push at him "Griffin! You horny bastard!" My body is press into the seat with my face shield from his. I hear fumbling noises close to my side before it abruptly stop. 

I no longer feel the pressure of his body on mine, I chance a look. 

"Wow, horny bastard?" He said with an amuse look on his face.

My eyes travel to a small bottle in his hand. 

"What is that?!" I demand.

I straighten up in my seat, I look down to the glove compartment box hanging open.

I twist my body and grab for the door's handle to make my escape. 

"And where do you think you're going?" Griffin said as he snakes his arm around my waist and pull me back towards him. I yank on the handle, but it won't open. 

He easily overtakes me, and I scream "Let me go, Griffin! I swear if you do anything to me, I will poison you in your sleep!"

"Then you'll have to come up to my bedroom, alone in the quiet of the night, climb on top of my bed and search for my sleeping body." He whispers close to my ear from behind.

"I will strangle you in your sleep!" I turn to him then. 

"Make sure to climb on top of my body, so you'll get a good grip." 

"You're- You're sick!" I push harder against his chest.

He finally let up and move back holding up the same bottle. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Elena. This helps with body ache and soreness."

"I have my mind in the gutter?!"

"Yes, you. What did you think this was?" He asks 

Heat creep up my face "I-I don't have to answer to you."

"Ok, now I really need to know." A sly smile on his face

Sharp knocks at the window got our attention. We both turns toward it. 

Standing outside Griffin's car.

Mr. Mattigon. 

Griffin rolls down his window. 

"Is everything ok?" Mr. Mattigon asks, he looks at Griffin before his eyes stay on me. 

I feel as though my world just collide into a volcano. 

This can't be happening. 

"Elena, is everything ok?" He directs the question towards me this time. 

Mentally shaking myself out of stupor, I manage a smile "Yes, everything is ok Mr. Mattigon" 

Mr. Mattigon's eyes remains on me before they slide to Griffin.

"It's just this car was parked for a long time-" Mr. Mattigon continue.

"Was it? It didn't feel like it was enough time for us." Griffin responds.

My head snap to Griffin. But his eyes are still on Mr. Mattigon. 

They both stare at each other with an unreadable expression. 

"Don't be late for class, Elena." Mr. Mattigon finally said. 

Griffin rolls up his window. Mr. Mattigon walks back to his parked car behind us.  

"Looks like we'll have to save this naughty cream for next time." He said as he put his car into drive. 

"Save that cream for your hand, Griffin." I mumble back, exhausted from today's event already. 

Griffin laughs like he just scores a victory goal. 

"I knew you have a gutter mind." He responds. 

-------------

Hello Readers, 

I'm currently editing Griffin to this point. So, the next few chapters will not make sense, just a head up. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 2.1K 43
Liela moved in with her aunt Mrs Fidelia, and wanted to get the approval of her aunt's son 'Gabriel'. Unknowing to her, Gabriel had started developin...
31.1K 1.3K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
384K 7.3K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...