The Move // h.g.

Από addcmck

"You changed me." he says softly. "And you changed me." I whispered. ••• Addie Little. Her life is crazy... Περισσότερα

The Move // h.g.
Pilot
Friends?
Bad Boy Side
Getting to Know You
Real You + Trampolines
Surprises All Around
Misconceptions + Hell
The Judging Type
Taking a Stand
Protective + Taco Bell
Darkness
Life is a Mess
Confessions
Coming Home
Movie Nights
First Kisses + Showcases
Pool Day
What Good Does It Make?
Bonfire Night
Realizations
Go With Me?
Prom #1
Prom #2
Charlotte
Reality... Or Not?
Beach
Birthday Ups & Downs
Traumatized
New Additions
Taken
Thunder Storms
L.A.
Acception
First Day
Diner Fueds
Just Cuddle
Good Kind of Crazy
Hospital Room
Finally
Lydia
You Make Me Smile
Swimming in November
First Snow of the Month
White Wonderland
Not-So-Merry Christmas
Spring Break Dreams
Proposal
Love in War | H.S.

Truth

5.4K 94 53
Από addcmck

nash

The apartment was huge. It was like an upgraded one story house, except in an apartment building.

"You have enough money for this?" I breathed out, looking around.

"Mhm. That's why I don't spend as much when we go out." she smiled proudly.

"Makes sense." I nodded in realization.

"This is ours?" Chris asked in shock.

"Yeah buddy. All ours." she threw her arm around his shoulder.

"Wow." he whispered under his breath.

"Yeah." she smiled.

-

"Why don't we tell everyone to come over? Are you okay with that Chris?" Brooke looked over to her little brother.

"I'm fine with it. I like all your friends." he smiled a toothy smile.

"I'll text Ad and see if she feels well enough, if not, it'll just be Cameron." Brooke pulled out her phone.

"What about Hayes?" Chris asked confused.

"He's taking care of Addie." I smirked.

"Ohhh." Chris nodded in realization.

In the end, everyone came over. Addie was feeling better, she just needed a bit of medicine and some sleep. We were all playing Apples to Apples until Addie got a phone call.

"I'll be a second." she said, walking towards the porch. We nodded.

I wonder who it is...

-

addie

As we were playing Apples to Apples, my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I didn't recognize the number until I remembered the area code.

I hopped up immediately, telling the others I would be a second. The sliding glass door opened, allowing me to pass through. Closing the door shut behind me, my finger slid to answer.

"Dad?" I breathed.

"Jelly bean?" he's always called me that.

"Hi daddy." Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. "How's Iraq?" I choked out.

"You know how it is I guess. But I was wondering about you. How've you been doing?" I could hear commotion in the background.

"I've been doing good. I really like North Carolina, but I miss you a lot." I chuckled.

"Keep your head high jelly belly. I'll be seeing you soon." I could hear him sigh.

"Pinky promise swear?"

"Pinky promise swear." There was yelling in the background and what sounded like an explosion. My heart dropped.

"I have to go jelly bean, but I love you, walking to the stars and back."

"I love you more daddy."

"Not possible." I could see him smiling from the other end.

"Yes possible." A tear ran down my cheek.

Then, the line went dead.

After I slid my phone back into my pocket, I sat down and cried. Everything hit me like a ton of bricks.

You may think I may not have a terrible life, but I haven't been through what other people have. I have only walked through my shoes and had my own experiences with life, and sometimes, my life frightens me. Yes, I know that other people have it way worse than me, but that's their life. They go through those terrible things.

But this is mine. I have been through things others haven't been through, even though some have been through worse than me. But I have gone through terrifying things that a lot of people haven't, and those things hurts me.

Just like my stepdad and step sisters suck ass, my mom is always working, my dad is in the military risking his life, I have no one there to hold me when I'm down.

Right as I thought that, arms wrapped around my small body, pulling me into their lap. I rested my head on the muscular chest, inhaling their scent. Hayes. I could recognize it from miles away.

"That was my dad. I haven't talked to him since I left. He's in Iraq and-and." I couldn't get the rest out.

He hushed me, rubbing my back. "You don't have to say anything you don't want. You can let me know when the time is right." I nodded, sniffling.

"T-Thank you Hayes. It means a-a lot." I choked out, wiping my nose. We've been out here for a few minutes, just sitting, him letting me cool off.

"Anything you need." he wiped my tear streaked face.

That's when I realized, I do have someone to hold me when I am down. And I'm grateful that it's Hayes.

-

brooke

Hayes and Addie walked back in. Cameron was about to say something smart, until he saw her face.

We all sat in shock. Addie, practically the strongest one in out group, had tear stains and blood shot eyes.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." she reassured, seeing the expression on our faces.

"You sure?" Cameron asked.

"Mhm. I'll be fine. Just gotta keep my head high." she smiled.

Chris discretely walked over to her and sat on her lap. She cuddled him and had conversation with him. He had whispered something in her ear, and she whispered something back. They then locked pinkies and smiled at one another.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight." Chris said to everyone. He came over to me and gave me a hug.

"I have to go. My mom said that I have to be home because Daniel's at the house." Addie rolled her eyes, standing up.

"I'm going to go to. Gotta get to bed." Hayes stood up too, walking out the door with Addie after saying our goodbyes.

"And then there were three." Cameron sighed.

-

hayes

"I'm sorry about earlier. It's just I really miss my dad and everything just dawned on me." Addie apologized as we walked down the street.

"There's no need to apologize, but if it's not too much to ask, what dawned on you?" I didn't want to push things, I just want to know what made her so upset.

"Just the fact that I don't see my mom that much anymore, I have a stepfather and step siblings that hate my guts, my dad could die at any time and I wouldn't be able to say goodbye. It all came hitting me in the face." she sighed.

We ended up sitting on the bench, neither of us wanting to go home.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked her.

"Of course."

"The reason I don't express much anything is because, well, my dad... He left us when Nash and I were kids. He was my best friend at the time, until one night I heard him and my mom fighting, and he hit her. He stormed out with his stuff and that was the last we saw of him."

"Hayes-" I cut her off short.

"That's not all. He's the reason I act so tough at school. It made me realize I have to protect who and what I love, no matter what the costs. Just, the bad boy image got to my head. Everything about it excited me and I got sucked in. I hate it so much, but it makes me feel strong in ways. If I wasn't like this, I feel that I would be a vulnerable, depressed guy and I don't want to be like that."

"You could never be vulnerable if you tried Hayes. You have every reason to protect your mom, but you have no reason to feel you have to be the so called 'bad boy'. You're the nicest guy I've met Hayes. I don't want to see all of it fade away." By now, her hand was on my cheek, looking me straight in the eyes.

I started leaning in, but hesitated and kissed her cheek. "Thank you." I said, standing up, holding out a hand for her to take.

"Anything for you." she smiled.

***

We walked hand-in-hand from the bench all the way to her house. I walked her up to the front porch and told her goodnight.

Before I left, I heard yelling. It was Addie and a man's voice, probably Daniel. I felt a little protective and stayed a little longer, just so if she gets hurt, I'll be here.

"MY LIFE IS A FUCKING DISASTER FULL OF DISAPPOINTMENTS AND YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!" she screamed.

There were footsteps rushing towards the door, "DON'T WAIT UP. OH WAIT, IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CARE ANYWAYS." she scurried through the door, slamming it shut.

She turned to walk down the porch steps, but was then surprised to see me there. She looked down quickly.

I walked over to her, lifting up her face.

I was astound by what I saw.

~

TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY?!

I AM ON A ROLL!

I'm sorry these last few chapters have been pretty depressing, but it'll get better.

Promise!

I hope you like it!

No, love it (:

xx

🌻

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.6K 70 18
Alli is living her life how she wants to. Every thing is fine. She's perfectly happy. Until Benjamin Hayes Grier shows up. Will her hatred remain for...
7.2K 135 39
Originally written: January-June 2019 Edited: February 2023 Hayes lets go of my hand to cradle my face. "Hey what's wrong? You look like you want to...
26.9K 573 65
This is a sequel to 'Touring With Magcon' so if you haven't read that- go do so now!💜 How is life for Ariana 6 months after her split with magcon? �...
15.3K 339 42
Hayes Grier!! This is my first MagCon fan fiction so please don't judge!! My summary is in the first chapter!! ★completed★