Clouded Love

By yottypin44

I would have never seen myself in this position even in a million years, how this happened I don't even know... More

DEFEAT.
UNSEEN PAIN
TORN APART
MR. MENTAL

TO ME AND YOU.

1 0 0
By yottypin44

It's been three days since I left my father's house, three days since I last saw or spoke to him and it hurt a lot but I can't turn back now.

"Hey, you okay?" Mason asked hugging me from behind.

"Yeah, just thinking about my dad." I said putting my books away.

"Well don't, you'll only hurt your little head."

I giggled at his attempt to cheer me up.

"Yes sir!" I replied jokingly. Mason kissed me and I responded immediately, I love the sensation of his lips and all but if we continued we'd never be able to attend his parents anniversary tonight so I pulled away.

"I know, I know, dinner at 7." he mumbled before I could say anything.

"Yep." I replied popping the 'p'. "so let's go get ready Mason, your mum hates it when we're let to her dinners."

"Why not save time then." I gave him a confused look so he continued "shower together?"

"No way Mister!" I said laughing at the frown that appeared on his face.

"Whatever you say Ms. Gardein, it's your loss anyway" he said smiling as if unaffected by me declining his offer, he shrugged and walked out of the study.

I've been studying all morning for my final exam next week so I stayed in the study all day while Mason was at work. I stretched out my sore muscles before packing up my books and leaving the study.

I glanced at the clock in the living room and it was 5:45pm, I better start getting ready so as to get there on time. Mason's parents wedding Anniversary is today and we were invited to the family dinner holding in their mansion. I've been there a couple of times before and his parents have always treated me nicely even better than my own father.
I still remember the first time I was introduced to Mason's family I was nervous and scared but his family were welcoming and nice to me even his little sister, she would talk to me about everything that happened in her highschool and how she had no real friends except me and she wished Mason would propose soon so I could be an official member of the family; I always laughed and told her things would fall in place in due time. Everyone treated me well except..........him, Mason's elder brother wasn't really fond of me, I don't even know what I did to him. I really didn't see him much because he was always on one business trip or the other but the few times I did he made it very clear how much my presence annoyed him, he would out rightly ignore me whenever I tried to talk to him so I stopped trying we just avoided each other as much as possible.

I went into my room, put my books away then stripped out of my clothes for a cool shower.

Twenty minutes later I was done with my shower, I blow dried my hair then brushed it into its natural wavy state. I had already chosen a dress earlier, it was one I've never worn cause of my evil step mom, I bought it cause of an event in dad's company but my step mother stopped me from going because I had school the next day, damn her for ruining my social life; the dress was royal blue, knee-length and one sleeved, it fit like a glove and highlighted my curves. I paired it with a silver heel and clutch, I did a little makeup to stand out a bit from my normal everyday look.

"You ready?" Mason asked from outside the room, "we've got about twenty minutes left."

I picked up my clutch, checked my self in the mirror again then went to open the door.

"Yep, I'm ready." I said once the door was open.

"Wow!" Mason gasped, he was dressed in a black three piece Armani suit, his hair was gelled back and he had his favorite watch on, the one I had gifted him. "you look amazing as always babe."

"Thanks, you look wonderful as well." I replied, he smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Let's go." I said, we started moving but when we got to the living room Mason stopped, at first I thought maybe he had just forgotten something but then he wasn't moving, he just stood there staring at me.

"Mason........ Are you OK?" I asked, he looked to be in deep thought as he stared at me, for a moment I got scared but then he smiled.

I let out a sigh of relief, I thought maybe something bad happened and he was contemplating whether or not to tell me.

"I'm fine, I'm just......" he paused,  he looked..........nervous, I've always known Mason to be calm and collected so seeing him so nervous and shy almost made me laugh.

"Is something wrong?, you know you can tell me anything." I said giving him a reassuring smile.

I expected him to say something or at least explain what was wrong but what he did next had my heart racing a million times faster, he got down one knee, took out a small black box from his pocket and opened it.

My heart was almost jumping out of my chest.

Oh my God!!, oh my goodness!!, Is this really happening!, somebody pinch me I think am dreaming.

"Elaine, I don't really have a long speech written on how we met and fell in love, I can't start to mention all the amazing things I've experienced in my life because of you, I felt true love, happiness and peace of mind and it's all because you came into my life. I've had other girlfriends but they never really loved me, they were always after wealth and power but you proved to me that a person can actually love not caring about the money or power, I want to keep that love, hold on to it for the rest of my life. So will do me the honor of being my wife?"

I was speechless, I had tears running down my face and my hands were shaking, throughout high school I was scared to date anyone because I saw how girls dated and were left heartbroken, some had to leave to maintain their dignity, while others who couldn't move away had to watch their ex move from one girl to another. One girl even tried to kill herself after a breakup but luckily her parents caught up to her in time, I was so scared of going into a relationship and coming out heartbroken that's until I met Mason, at first we were just friends but after a year or so he asked me to be his girlfriend. I fell so madly in love with him and loved me back, my life is finally coming together I'd have a loving husband and wonderful family.

"Am still here, kneeling, waiting for you to say 'Yes'." Mason said waving the ring in my face.

I giggled and nodded "of course I'll marry you Mason." I replied, he smiled and put the ring on my finger, it looked so beautiful I almost teared up.

"It's really beautiful Mason, I love it, I love you." I said throwing my self at him.

He hugged me back and we kissed, " I love you too soon to be Mrs Valdine." he replied.

Mason's phone rang just as we were about to kiss again, he groaned and picked it up while I admired my ring, I thought of a lot of things like my wedding day, my wedding gown, my future family but most importantly my dad, would he come if I invited him or would I have to walk down the aisle alone.

"Hey, what's that face for?" Mason asked, I didn't even notice him walk back into the room.

"Nothing, I'm just happy, I love you." I said, I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Well, we better go, Dad just called he said mum wants us there now." Mason said.

We went down to the car park where Mason's car was, he opened the car, waited for me to sit, closed it, then got into the driver's seat.

His parents house was a bit far, they lived in the quiet part of town away from the noisy and busy part of NY, we drove for about 45 minutes before we got to their mansion.

"Mum will be so excited at the news." Mason said as we got to the front door, I smiled at him and held unto his hand.

He rang the doorbell twice before someone opened it.

"Good evening Sir Mason, Ms Elaine." the family butler greeted,

"Richard!" Mason replied bringing him in for a hug, "it's been a long time mate."

"Good evening Richard" I greeted, Richard has been working with the family for over twenty years, he was now in his fifties but very efficient.

"Come in, your parents are waiting." he said, he led us into the living room where everyone was seating then excused himself.

"Elaine!!" Eva yelled and ran to hug me, she was the first person to notice us as we stepped into the living room.

"Hey Eva" I hugged her back "you look amazing in that dress."

"You look fantastic!" she said admiring my dress.

''Ignore me, I've learnt to cope with it a long time ago." Mason said from beside me.

"Hello mason" Eva said blandly, "Happy now?"

"Whatever" mason mumbled then went on to greet his parents.

"Good evening Sir Jonas, Evelyn."
I greeted, Mason's parents looked perfect as always, Evelyn was wearing a lilac dress with lacy patterns while Jones wore a three piece grey suit.

"Oh sweetie you look beautiful." Evelyn said with a bright smile.

"Thanks, you look amazing as always." I replied, she laughed and shook her head.

"Don't try to flatter this old lady." she replied

"You're not old mum, you could still go for a beauty pageant and come out victorious." Mason said, everyone laughed and Sir Jones hugged his wife.

We joked and laughed about random things until all the guests were here, Evelyn invited almost fifty people most of which were family members, everyone was here except Alex, I didn't think he would miss his parents anniversary but I guess he did. We moved to the grand dining room where everyone sat down, Eva and Mason were on either side of me and opposite me was..... Alex, when did he get here?, has he been here the whole time?. He looked really nice dare I say it... handsome, his hair was styled perfectly and his suit fit him nicely, when I looked at his face he was already looking at me with a stupid smirk on his face oh my gosh!, was he looking at me the whole time I was admiring his physique?, I would do anything for the ground to swallow me right now. I blushed and looked away immediately, I was just caught admiring my soon to be brother-in-law. I shouldn't feel bad about it, it was just an innocent admiration right?!

"You okay babe?, you look tense" mason asked, I smiled and intertwined our fingers.

"Just a little bit nervous about telling your parents that's all." I replied, I couldn't tell him what really happened, he knew Alex and I never had a good relationship.

"You have nothing to be worried about, my parents adore you." he replied then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I smiled and nodded, food was served and everyone began to eat, afterwards we had dessert and everyone started talking about old memories involving Mason's parents, we laughed and talked about a lot of things. I felt comfortable and talked with Eva, I forgot about the incident with Alex and focused on main objective of the dinner; to celebrate with family, that is until Mason stood up and asked for everyone's attention, I almost died of anxiety.

"I want to use this opportunity to announce to everyone here that Elaine and I are getting married."
Mason said, I heard a  few gasps but no one said anything maybe they don't want me to marry him after all.

"Ahhhhh!!" Eva yelled "oh my god!, Oh my god!, they're finally getting married, oh my gosh mum do you hear this!"

"Oh honey!, I'm so happy, this is amazing news." Evelyn gushed, "oh come give me a hug you both, Congratulations!!"

"Congratulations Son, I'm really happy you're going to be a part of our family Elaine." Sir Jones said, I was so happy I cried a little, everyone congratulated the both of us even Alex although his was awkward, he gave his brother a bro-hug while I got a single nod and then he left with the excuse of work something is definitely up with that guy.

We stayed for a few more minutes before we left as well, Evelyn promised to visit soon so we could talk on the wedding preparations.

That night I called Raquel and told her Mason had proposed, we talked for a while and she promised to drop by before the wedding, I was happy about the new improvement in my life but a part of me felt sad, I wanted to share this news with my dad maybe it will bring peace so I called him. I called my dad five times but he didn't pick up and the sixth time he switched off his phone, I guess he wasn't ready to see me.

I glanced at my ring and the sadness vanished instantly, this ring proves that I can be happy in life, Mason was fast asleep beside me, he was snoring lightly and his pink lips were slightly apart, I turned off the lamp and snuggled closer to him, he stirred a bit then put his hand over me. I slept that night with great anticipation for the future.

__________________________________

Stay safe
Stay strong
Stay positive

YOTTY 💜💜😘

Pls vote and comment also share😁😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 39 19
It all started with just raising a grade letter so she could have a birthday party. But what happens when Missy Tallent falls deeply in love with her...
6.2K 187 30
Alex never thought she would find love. I mean she has been single her whole life and has been teased for never have even had a relationship that las...
44.2K 1.2K 29
Time goes by..every minute,every second..im asking myself 'What did I do?'..my memory..day by day their all come back and I hope I dont lose one of i...
3.7K 92 27
I love him and I told him. But he didn't love me back. Phil Lester the love of my life didn't see me as more than a best friend. And soon she came in...