Don't Let Go

By ShabanaTheStar

โ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead โž A home is something tha... More

let go series
copyright
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

seventeen

20K 1.2K 62
By ShabanaTheStar

It was yet another Sunday where the ladies of the Shah haveli were happily chilling in the living room. Haya sat beside bi jaan as she pressed her hands, whilst bi jaan narrated them all her childhood stories. Meruza was lying on her mother's lap, listening to bi jaan and Sarah was knitting a sweater for Abrar.

"Bi jaan, waise... do you ever miss your home?" Meruza asked curiously cutting bi jaan off in the middle. Who grinned at her for the question.

(well)

"This haveli has been my home for the past forty-five years. But yes, I do miss my home." Bi jaan smiled, lost in her memories of home. Meruza then turned to her Tayi Ammi, "Sarah Ammi, what about you?"

"Of course, she does, what kind of question is that. Every girl misses their mother's home, right?" Haya stated like it was the most obvious thing. Sarah smiled at her response with a nod of her head. Bano paid the least attention to these talks, as she was lost in her own world.

"What about you then?" Meruza cross-questioned her with a grin, Haya's face paled right away. She stared back at her blankly.

"I should have my parents alive to miss their home right." Haya smiled dryly, Meruza bit her lips in regret. Bi jaan snapped her head at that as she observed Haya's sad smile. Sarah stopped her knitting and stared at Haya in pity.

"Haya beta, this is your home now. Don't ever think that you're alone, okay?" Bi jaan caressed her cheeks lovingly, Haya just smiled in return which didn't even reach her eyes.

"You have us don't worry." Meruza got up from her mother's lap, as she went and sat beside Haya whilst side hugging her.

"We are your family. Don't think too much." Sarah gave her a kind smile, Haya suddenly felt overwhelmed with all the love she was getting. The fact that they genuinely care about her made Haya's heart flutter. How did she get so lucky?

"I have to thank bi jaan for this." Haya blurted out loudly and bit her lips as everyone stared at her quizzically.

"For marrying me with Abrar. If not, I'd have missed such amazing people in my life. Thank you bi jaan." Haya answered their unasked question as she smiled at bi jaan with gratitude and love.

"If not... I don't know what would have happened. Maybe my aunt would have gotten me married to some sick old man or something. They also tried to set me up with Aahil first, he even tried his tricks on me but when he realized that it was useless, he went to my sister instead. She just fell into their traps easily. But I feel lucky that I've gotten married to Abrar. I have to thank bi jaan for that." Haya had tears in her eyes as she hugged bi jaan, who hugged her back emotionally. Sarah and Meruza were in awe, not even noticing Abrar who was standing there for the past few minutes.

"Ahem." they finally noticed Abrar. Haya slowly pulled back from bi jaan who kissed her forehead lovingly. Abrar smiled at that, "Haya I want to talk with you. Come to our room." his voice was filled with seriousness, Haya got up from the sofa curiously and followed him behind, subtly wiped way her tears which did go by his notice. He did not say anything though.

"Not there, come with me." Abrar clasped their hands together, as he changed the direction, "that's not the way to our room." Haya asked him with curiosity, her hazel eyes shining brightly in the daylight.

"I know." Abrar smiled a small smile as they walked together, Haya's mouth went into an 'o' when she realized they were on the terrace.

"Why are we here?" Haya asked as she walked to the edge of the pillars and now, she could stare at the whole of the village to some extent, her eyes hurt from the amount of greenness everywhere. But it was still beautiful.

The lake, the mountains, the trees, everything in there breathed peacefulness and beauty. The city, how much ever developed, was nothing compared to this beautiful place.

"I come here once in a while when I'm unhappy or upset," Abrar stated as he casually slipped his hands around her waist, pulling her close to him. His eyes lazily gazed at the blue sky, while she stared at him with wide eyes.

"I heard you talking with bi jaan and it was very obvious from your tone that you were upset. So, I brought you here." Haya's cheeks turned crimson at that, she didn't mind fighting away her smile like every time.

"You're getting nicer day by day," Haya stated as she stared at the perfect side view of his face, he now turned to face her with his charming smile. She smiled back tilting her head slightly up. She wasn't short but he was taller than her.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" he asked huskily as he came closer to her ears. She had to gulp her saliva, her smile soon turned into nervousness as he stood there so close to her, his breath fanning over her ears. Hands holding her waist so securely.

"G-ood I guess." she stuttered.

"Am I making you nervous, Hayat Ali?" Abrar chuckled as he pulled away slightly, only a mere inch. But that made Haya heave a sigh. The growing closeness among them was doing something in her stomach.

Were that butterflies?

She shook her head to herself. How can it be possible?

"No, you don't make me nervous." Haya smiled but it soon vanished as he pulled her closer, their body touching each other, leaving no space between them.

"What are you doing?" she asked trying hard to hide her nervousness, her white cheeks were now completely red in shyness.

"Trying to prove a point," Abrar smirked mischievously as he tucked her chocolate brown hair strands behind her ears, which was waving due to the wind. Haya's breath became uneven at this point, "what is that?" she manages to ask.

"That I am making you nervous." His one hand came to cup her cheeks gently, and damn, her skin was so soft. Haya tried hard to stop blushing like a fool.

"You don't." liar.

Abrar just smirked at that, as he came closer to her face, their lips inches away, his deep charcoal eyes staring into her hazel ones. She blushed hard if that was even possible.

His gaze then fell into her plump lips and damn, he froze. It looked like it's backfiring slightly, but he still played along. It was difficult for him to not stare at her lips. He looked at her eyes to distract himself.

He wanted to taste them so badly.

"Am I still not making you nervous, Hayat?" Abrar asked huskily, his tone was so seductive that it made her shiver. Haya stood there numbly, frozen to her spot. She could easily push him away if she wanted because her hands were free the whole time. But she chose not to. It would be a lie if she said that he didn't make her nervous because he did, very much.

But she freaking liked it. Being close to him felt so good. She felt adored, making her cheeks go red all over again.

"Are you nervous yet?"

"No." she denied again. And gulped looking at his lips which were so close to hers.

"You're the most stubborn woman I've ever seen." Abrar chuckled as he lazily stared at her gorgeous face.

"I've been told." Haya finally pulled away, controlling her uneven breath and he lets her go because he didn't want to make her more flustered or something. Although it was now an undeniable truth that he was insanely attracted to his wife.

"Suno..."

(listen)

"Jee?" Haya faced him, her cheeks still red in colour. They freaking almost kissed, how long can she control herself and act normal?

(yes?)

"You're not alone anymore." Abrar smiled at her, but Haya didn't get that he was talking about the conversation she had downstairs with everyone.

"You have me." Haya's eyes tear up again as she realized his words, but he wiped them away almost immediately.

His voice was so assuring that it made her already crazy heart flutter in happiness.

"But please don't cry, okay. It makes me very uncomfortable." more like clench his heart.

Haya nodded with a small smile plastered on her lips. How come she became lucky so suddenly?

"You have my whole family; they all love you." Abrar casually sat on the supporting pillars as he took out a cigarette from his pocket. Haya now frowned at him, finally, she was able to control herself.

"I don't understand your obsession with that thing and tea." she eyed the lighter and the cigarette in disgust.

"Speaking of... Can I get a cup of tea, begham Sahiba?" Abrar asked as he exhaled the smoke.

"You're impossible." Haya marched away from there, with a ridiculous smile plastered on her face. Abrar gawked at her disappearing figure with desire filled eyes as he continued smoking. He now cannot deny the fact that he was insanely attracted to his wife.

He needs to get a grip on himself!

Haya still couldn't stop smiling, as the image of them standing so close to each other, their lips inches away played in her mind again and again.

"What happened to you?" Meruza nudged her shoulders playfully as Haya stood in front of the stove, waiting for the tea to be prepared.

"Nothing." Haya didn't dare look into her eyes whilst continuing to smile cheesily.

"Anyways, here; take your phone. Somebody was calling you earlier. You left it on the sofa." Meruza gave her the phone and ran away from there to take her own phone, whose ringtone she could hear even from the kitchen.

Haya kept the milk on the sim and swiped open her phone curiously, when the recent dials were empty, she opened the WhatsApp and immediately her feet went numb in shock.

I'm coming back next week. Can't wait to see you <3

It was a message from Farhan along with his two missed calls.

How did she even forget about him?

What now? That is all she could think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 20.4K 74
She was rose in the garden filled with thorns๐Ÿฅ€ He was the thorn that would destroy her๐Ÿ”ฑ Ansh & Anaya were tied in an arranged marriage. By their p...
236K 21.3K 61
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
622K 58.6K 48
"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™œ๐™ช๐™ข. ๐™๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ก๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™๐™–๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช,๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๏ฟฝ...
495K 23K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...