Once Upon A Miracle

By PJO_forever_and_ever

[COMPLETE] Twelve-year-old Blue was a dreamer and a believer of all things impossible. But even her all-encom... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: The song of miracles
Chapter 3: Blue makes a friend!
Chapter 4: The Old Lighthouse Cabin
Chapter 5: An adventure beckons
Chapter 6: A crazy heroine
Chapter 7: A trip to India
Chapter 8: And here comes the zombies
Chapter 9: Just a lover's quarrel
Chapter 10: A cruise through the Arabian Sea
Chapter 11: A memory resurfaced
Chapter 12: Inky clues
Chapter 13: Until next time
Chapter 14: Betrayal
Chapter 15: Deals with the Devil
Chapter 16: Love's story
Chapter 17: The last piece
Chapter 18: The reveal
Chapter 19: The monster within
Chapter 20: Team Good vs Team Bad
Chapter 21: The Skrulls
Chapter 22: An uninvited guest
Chapter 23: Miracle to the rescue!
Chapter 24: Oops, caught
Chapter 25: Roll, camera...
Chapter 26: ...ACTION!
Chapter 27: Falling
Chapter 28: Once Upon a Miracle
Chapter 29: Pay back time
Chapter 30: The bromance is real
Chapter 31: Victory problems
Chapter 32: Bollywood soaps and evil husband
Chapter 33: Terrible puns lead to death
Chapter 34: The last showdown
Chapter 35: Together
Epilogue

Chapter 1: When Blue met Miracle

586 77 354
By PJO_forever_and_ever

"Knowing there's one thing I still haven't told you: I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen. "

~ Nicholas Sparks (A Walk to Remember) 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meeting Miracle was the most miraculous thing that had ever happened to Blue.

Blue, a dreamer and a believer of all things impossible, be it magic, dragons or mermaids, even that Blue with her wide, all-encompassing imagination couldn't have ever believed that miracles were not just something that happened. No, how was she to know that Miracle was a being, a person even?

And yet when he appeared in front of her, all smiles and dimples, it was impossible to pose an argument that satisfactorily nullified his outrageous claims. Suffice to say, Blue --- twelve-year-old, big-mouthed Blue --- who prided herself in having an extensive vocabulary for her age found herself at a loss of words.

His grin slipped slightly and he frowned. "Are you just going to stand there gaping? I did just save you, you know."

He did, indeed. 

You see, Blue was walking back home after a long, grueling day at school. Her bag was weighing her down and she was sweating like crazy from the heat of the blazing sun. Even the cool, salty air from the sea couldn't appease the heat. She just wanted to curl up on her bed and possibly never get out, much less to go to school. Unfortunately, however much she pleaded with her Ma, she refused to heed Blue's wishes. She really couldn't understand what the point of attending school was. It just seemed like an utter waste of time – time she could use playing with her dog, Timmy.

The worst part about school wasn't even the studying. Blue, apart from being an opinionated dreamer, was also a curious child – nosy, at times. She didn't mind the classes. No, what she did mind were the students. God, they were so mean to her.

One girl, especially. A new transfer student --- Sherry Luck. Unfortunately, for Blue, she just happened to be Sherry's number one target. Sherry was a tall girl for her age and seemed to already brag about her ample growth in certain regions of the body. Blue just thought she was fat. In times like these, Blue had to control herself from running her mouth lest she said something and ended up aggravating her more.

Sherry herself though wasn't overburdened with the morals of her deeds. But worse than her was her best friend, Warren, who had also transferred along with her. If you thought Sherry was bad, Warren's mere presence would make you tremble and soil your knickers. Blue could give a first-hand confirmation of that. He was the sort of boy who would torture insects just for the kick of it or throw stones at birds and laugh all the while. Besides, with a surname like McMeanie, what could be expected from him?

Anyways, as Blue was walking towards her home, she felt something weird. You know that tingly feeling on the pit of your belly that makes you feel like something is wrong? Well, Blue's belly was wriggling with that feeling. Her eyes were darting around, on the lookout, while her shoes (which were blue, by the way) squeaked against the pavement as she hurried her pace.

Before her the road split into a sharp small alley leading to a darker, abandoned neighbourhood while the main artery, broader and cleaner, led to the suburbs where her home was. She was almost there.

Suddenly though, when she was about to walk past the dark alley, something appeared near her feet, too quick for her to realise and down she went, tumbling face-first onto the asphalt, scraping her knees and elbows. Two familiar obnoxious voices laughed cruelly as Blue struggled to get up on her feet, her dress grimy and her knees and arms bleeding. She blinked back her tears as she finally turned to face Sherry Luck and Warren McMeanie.

Sherry was grinning toothily, her hair tied into two pigtails. She was clad in a pair of really short shorts and a tight tank top – the way she must have seen some high-schoolers dress. The shorts were neon pink though and the top was a bright yellow one. She looked ridiculous. Blue would have said so as much if it wasn't for Warren leering down at her threateningly.

He himself was dressed mundanely enough in khakis and an old, ratty t-shirt but his hair was spiked and he was wearing a metal chain on his neck. He made a chewing gum bubble and popped it near Blue's frightened face, who recoiled in shock and disgust, making him promptly burst into maniac laughter.

"Look at her," Sherry spat. "So pathetically frightened."

"I know," Warren said scornfully. "It's disgusting. She's disgusting."

But there was something about his voice that seemed off to Blue. It was then she realised he was making it intentionally deeper, perhaps trying to sound more intimidating and grown-up. Despite her hurting limbs, Blue almost smiled in amusement. Warren caught the curl on her lips and was decidedly not pleased.

He reached out and tugged hard at Blue's ponytail, making her cry out. "What are you laughing at, huh?"

Sherry grinned and swiped her leg through Blue's wobbly ones and made her thump into the ground on her butt. Blue groaned and bit down on her lips to prevent from crying out. No, Blue was a stubborn kid and would not succumb to their bullying!

Suddenly, the sound of tires screeched near them. Sherry and Warren immediately straightened as Mr Han Kuff, the sheriff's head popped out of his police car. He frowned at the kids but his eyes seemed strangely...hazy.

"What are you kids doing here?" he asked. Warren threw a charming smile at him while Sherry fidgeted nervously.

"Nothing, of course," Warren said but, now, his voice was boyish and innocent, completely different. "Just playing, sir."

"And what are you doing on the ground, lass?" Mr Han tilted his head towards Blue who had yet to get up.

"Oh she fell!" trimmed in Sherry. "We were just about to help her up, isn't that right, Blue?"

Sherry took hold of Blue's upper arm and hauled her up and made a big show of dusting Blue's dress. In doing so, she threw a subtle glare at Blue that warned her that if she dared to open her mouth, the consequences wouldn't be agreeable. Beaming, Sherry turned towards the sheriff and said, "See?"

"Humph," grunted Mr Han, still unsuspecting. "Alright then. Ya'll don't get into trouble, you hear me?" he said and drove off but not before Blue caught him mutter, "Why did I even take a detour?"

How...odd, thought Blue. Suddenly, an arm wrapped around her mouth, making her shriek in surprise, although it came out muffled.

"Warren, what are you doing?" Blue heard Sherry ask nervously as Warren started dragging Blue further into the alley while Blue helplessly clawed at him. But he refused to budge.

Blue heard him mutter, "We can't stay here. We need to go away from the main road--"

He suddenly yelped as Blue bit down on his hand. She immediately regretted it. The taste was horrible and made her gag. But at least she was free from his grasp.

Blue didn't waste a single second to run. But before she could even take a few steps, she went down skidding. Again. What was happening to her? When did she become so clumsy?

She heard Sherry's laugh as she got up and turned around. Blue had managed to put a sizeable amount of distance between them but something didn't feel...right. Something told her that if she tried to run, she'd just fall all over again. But why? What was going on? Or maybe she just wasn't thinking straight. Maybe the creepy, ghostly houses all around were messing with her mind.

"Don't even try to run, dear Blue," Sherry said while Warren nursed his hand. There was a glint in her eyes that told Blue that she knew exactly what was wrong. A certain chill went down Blue's spine, a cold dread sipping onto her skin.

"You!" Warren spluttered, his face red in anger, still cradling his hand. Blue was satisfied to find sharp teeth marks on his hand. But then the strangest thing happened. Warren thrust forward his hand, the unbitten one, towards Blue. And Blue cried out as she went flying backwards, the air whooshing past her ears and her stomach tightening into a knot. She landed on a heap, her head thudding painfully.

Her heart was beating erratically and a raw fear was strangling and paralysing her. What just happened? H-How--?

"Warren!" Sherry hissed. "Y-You can't do that!"

"Shut up!" Warren yelled angrily. He approached Blue, looking scornful, making her crawl backwards in panic. "I'm Wrath! She must--"

Blue's mind was whirling with confusion. But more than that, she was frightened. Only a miracle can save me now, she thought.

At that exact moment, Blue heard a smooth, confident voice say from behind her, "Leave her be," followed by a thump, as if someone had landed on the ground. Blue who was still crumpled in pain felt a gentle arm wrap around her waist and pull her up on her feet. She almost gasped when she saw a handsome boy, perhaps a year or two older than her, look down at her and smile kindly. But it was fleeting.

He turned his back to her to face Warren challengingly who was breathing hard and fast. Sherry cowered behind Warren as he spat on the dirt and said, "So you finally showed your face. I was wondering how long it would take."

"What do you want?" the new boy asked, his voice edgy and dangerous.

Warren grinned. "Nothing for now. But I will come back," he warned and grabbed Sherry's arm and then...

...and then disappeared!

Just like that! Poof! Zap! One moment they were there and the other they weren't!

"W-What--?" Blue spluttered, her eyes wide and her jaw hanging open. The new boy whirled around to face her and she backed away instinctively, trembling all over. He was a handsome kid who had already grown out of his childhood chubbiness. With hazel eyes and golden-brown locks, Blue didn't doubt that in a few years, he would be attracting quite a few eyes. But Blue was torn. Should she trust him? Who was he even?

"Who are you?" Blue asked, her voice low with awe and disbelief.

He grinned, a small dimple appearing on his right cheek as he declared, "Why, I'm Miracle, of course!" 

Hello! *waves enthusiastically* 

This is the first time I'm writing a story that falls under the children's fiction genre. And I'm so excited! This story came to life because I wanted to take a break from writing high/ dark fantasy. On that note, since I'm completely not above self-promo, go check out my book 'Guardians: The Last Elder' if you haven't already! 

Besides, this might be the only story that I have actually truly planned before posting it on Wattpad. I'm already done with half the chapters, so you can expect regular updates! Yay :3

Anyways, if you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to press that cute little star button and leave me a comment on your thoughts! It would mean the world to me <3

~~~~~~~~

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, transmitted or stored in an information retrieval system in any form or by any means, graphic, electronic or mechanical without the prior written permission of the author. However, the author does not own the cover of the book or any of the images uploaded inside the book. All credits goes to the rightful owner.

~~~~~~~~

If you're reading this story in any other site other than Wattpad, you're likely at the risk of a malware attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235 27 10
Follow Peter and Fi as they work together, each searching for something uniquely special to them through the four kingdoms of their known world. It's...
4.9K 206 34
The first time they met; He was her physics teacher & She was his student. During the two years in higher secondary, they never had a close conversat...
115K 4.5K 65
ใ€Šใ€Š Featured in "๐€๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ" reading list by @๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—Ÿ๐—ถ๐˜๐—œ๐—ก ใ€‹ใ€‹ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ……๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ด...
173K 15.6K 16
๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ "๐‘๐ž๐ ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ: ๐…๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐๐จ๐ง๐" ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๏ฟฝ...