A Reunion ✔

Από Whiteking2018

Previously known as 'Decided and brought together with Time'. With the new title I hope to reach new heights... Περισσότερα

Aesthetics!
Chapter 1: Dilemma
Chapter 2: Indecision.
Chapter 3 : A Shocking Cognizance
Chapter 4 : A Sign of Transitions?
Chapter 5 : Chances.
Chapter 6 : Work and Issues.
Chapter 7 : Prague, Here we come!
Chapter 8: As Closer as they could get.
Chapter 9: Good Times.
Chapter 10: Lost?
Chapter 11: Unexpected Brawl?
Chapter 12: Wounds
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20: Walking in to the Past
Chapter 21: The Past
Chapter 22: The Reality
Chapter 23: Realization
Chapter 24: Aftermath
Chapter 25: New Arrivals and Responsibilities
IMPORTANT!
Chapter 26: Reaching A Middle Ground.
A/N : CHANGE OF PLANS
1 K !!!
Chapter 27: Trouble ?
Chapter 28: The Underling, Ibrahim.
Chapter 29: Mastermind is Who, again?
Chapter 30: Startled by one, Broken by another?
Chapter 31: A Much Needed Confrontation

Last Chapter :32: Secrets Unvelied and Hearts Reunited

281 20 21
Από Whiteking2018

Dedicated to Lemon0212 ♥️

Last Chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Emily left, the room had two occupants left.
One was seething in anger, the other was defeated to the point of exhaustion.

Zubair stalked towards her in a predator's stance, grabbed her hand and dragged her away to their room.

As soon as the door to their room had closed, she found herself pinned to it.

"What am I to you?"

He questioned. It was a low, dead and empty voice.

"I-I....." her voice betrayed her.

"If you so much as asked, like a normal person, I'd have helped you. Did you have to run to a stranger for help. He called me earlier, Ibrahim did.

While I was waiting for Fairda. We were supposed to discuss tour project. I thought I'd be able get some information out of her, since you weren't letting me know.

But then, Ibrahim called me and told me everything from the beginning. I rushed out to father's office, soon after. He was the person who briefed me on everything.

Do you know how much it hurts when I feel useless? When I feel I can't do anything? Why didn't you even say anything? About what father told you? I could have helped you."

He wasn't breathing normally, by the end of his words. His breaths were ragged, like he was battling for air. For life.

Oh no.

"Zu-Zubair. You're having an anxiety attack! Relax. Please, please calm down. I'm sorry!"

Zaira wrapped her trembling arms around his waist and pulled him in for a hug. His body shook. He braced both of his arms against the door, caging her in, and holding his weight against the door.

"Useless.....I....feel....No! Not.....again!"

He managed to voice out some words. It seemed painful. Like each words was costing him.

"No! No, Zubair. I-I didn't tell you, not because you're useles. I am sorry! I just didn't want to lose to you! It was my fault! I like you! No, I-I love you! You're not useless! Please!"

Ziara begged desperately for him to return back to normality.

When his condition only worsened, she recited a string of Duas and blew it on him. She begged her Lord with all the strength she had. There was no one right now at home, to help her. She was helpless.

Just when she was thinking that she had to reach her phone which was downstairs, his stretched arms fell limp beside him and the whole of his body relaxed. The sudden weight on her was unbearable. She couldn't stand straight. Causing both of them to topple and land on the soft rug spread on the marble floor.

Zaira felt a stab of pain engulf her when both of them hit the floor. She ignored it and tried to move. But no amount of effort was enough.

They both remained still for a moment before a feeling of dread overtook Zaira. She was so caught in the moment, she hadn't felt him moving.

"Zubair!"

"I am fine. Just need to breathe."

His voice cracked at the end.

When his heavy breathing returned to somewhat a normal pattern, she heaved a sigh of relief.

They were both laying side by side.

Zaira's hand over the top of her eyes, shielding the tears and the other over her heart trying to calm it down.

Both of Zubair's hands were limp by his sides.

"I am sorry. I should have stopped joking around. I should have helped you. Instead of making you feel inferior. Honestly, I was doing that just to get a reaction out of you. I really didn't mean it. I am sorry."

He felt guilty. Remorseful. Regretful.

Every single negative emotion out there.

Lord, help me. Audhubillah! He recited.

"Enough Zubair. It wasn't your fault. Your words earlier, did you mean it? What you said to Aunt?"

It all felt to surreal. Did the storm just earlier really happen? Anyways, she wanted to change the topic, lest he had another episode of anxiety.

"Every word of it, Zaira."

He replied in a heartbeat.

Her name rolled out effortlessly from his mouth. As if a lullaby.

"Then fine. I can live with that."

She smiled to herself.

He was still weak from the anxiety attack from before. But he mustered all his strength and stretched his hand out towards her.

Zaira was pulled sideways by her shoulder, earning a small shriek from her. They were both joined at their hips. Quite literally.

They both held onto each other and looked at the ceiling. Like little children star gazing. His arms around her shoulder, tugging her closer. Her hand on top of his abdomen.

"I have....I have something to say."

He started a bit nervously.

"Anything to do with a second wife?" She playfully asked, slapping his stomach lightly.

"You will regret if you don't stop your mouth, right there from spouting more nonsense."

That warning made the smirk disappear and made her shut off immediately.

He chuckled at her innocence.

"Mom....mom isn't my real mother. She was my mama's sister." He said, turning serious.

"What!?"

She tried to get up and look at him properly when he pulled her back, causing her to fall back into their earlier position.

"Stay still, Zaira. Until I finish." He said. She nodded.

"Mom, mama, and her first husband, and father were all cousins. Mama had been married to her first husband. But he died due to a domestic fire caused by accident, during the first few years of their marriage. Mama had suffered quite a lot, because she barely survived the fire. She was later married to father. And me and Aisha were then born.

But, her first husband's mother got hysterical at her happiness, and she blamed the fire on her daughter in law. Honestly speaking, I don't think mama ever showed guilt or remorse towards her first husband, whenever he was mentioned, during the days I was still a kid. I later got to know it was because she had been abused a lot."

He paused, trying to find his voice.

Zaira held his free hand tightly. Providing him with strength to continue on.

"But after a couple of years, when we were big enough to attend kindergarten, her mother in law had had enough. So, she and her second son caused a fire in our house. It seemed all natural and normal. It was declared as a domestic fire caused by accident. Just like what happened to her first husband.

But we were inside. Me and mama. Father and Aisha were out. The fire started when we were both having our lunch in the kitchen.

Mama couldn't survive. She was protecting me, and when the rescue team had arrived, it was too late. I was in the uppermost floor, she had navigated throughout the house to see if she could find an exit. But after awhile, she had inhaled too much of smoke and collapsed.

Father and Aisha couldn't arrive faster. By the time they did, she was gone. I didn't talk for a whole year. That started my anxiety attacks. And there was no one to prove that it wasn't an accident.

Once I had spoke, father made sure to battle until the end and put the two culprits behind bars. But at that point me and Aisha were motherless.

Their family persuaded father to marry mom. She was his wife's younger sister. And he did. For us. Then Aira was born."

He finished.

Zaira felt light. This was too much to take in, especially in one day.

She didn't want to pry into open wounds. Zubair was like a wound she didn't want to poke. He felt so fragile yet broken.

"I am sorry, Zubair. I never knew." She said sadly. It wasn't pity. She sincerely felt his pain.

Zubair shook his head, leaned in and kissed the top of her head, affectionately.

"So, Aira is your step-sister?" She cleared her throat and asked.

"Actually, no. Mom had nursed me when I and Aisha were infants, not mama. She had been abused quite a lot, that had an impact on her frail body. She had become very weak due to the deliveries of me and Aisha. So mom had nursed us.

Technically, Aira is my Mehram and my sister. She isn't aware of all this though. The portrait you had asked about.....It was such a sensitive topic back then. I placed it there, so as to not raise any unnecessary questions. It had been a forgotten chapter in this house."

He explained calmly, albeit painfully.

(A/N: Mahera had nursed Aisha and Zubair, even before she had married their father and had Aira, through induced lactation. Induced lactation is a medical process by which a woman who has not been pregnant with the infant she intends to breastfeed, and who is not currently breastfeeding another child, is able to produce breast milk.)

"So the woman..... The startlingly familiar woman in the picture, was your mama? And the man...? You were in it too."

Zaira asked confused.

She remembered the strange portrait she had come across behind the bed. With the little cousins and the adults in the family.

"It was the brother of mama's first husband. Her husband had died by that time. Mom was in the picture too. Aisha had been sick during that tine, and Aisha wasn't born yet, so they were not included."

"Oh."

She said, understanding dawning upon her features.

They stayed like that, for quite a time.

Both uncharacteristically silent. Listening to each other's heart beats. Holding hands and thanking their Lord. For all they got.

"I love you too."

The confession broke the dreamy aura around them.

"What?"

Zaira's head whipped so fast towards Zubair, that they heard a little crack in the silent room.

She shrieked in pain, before slapping lightly on a chuckling Zubair, who was unable to stop his laughter.

"But I do not absolutely like that you've gotten close to Ibrahim. I've never thought he'd be a rival I'd be facing."

Zubair puffed his cheeks out, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Zubair, he was willing to help when I asked. He wanted to get rid of his guilt, by doing me a favour. Really, Allah's way of helping people really is amazing! I never thought, one of the persons who were involved in my doom, would one day help me to avoid a doom."

Zaira said, feeling more spiritual every minute.

"Verily with hardships come ease."

"Ameen."

Indeed.

"Masha Allah. But I really do hope you'll come to me if you are in need. Surely, Allah plans for me to help you too, you know. Being your husband and all." He added in the end.

Seeing him react like this, warmed her

"But you're the one with so many wives. I'd rather not ask you."

She smirked, trying to get a reaction out of him. It was fun riling him up.

But her smile disappeared and a sudden panic overtook her when she noticed a wide smile taking root in Zubair's face.

"If so, then why don't we make sure there are no more wives? You can be the one and only?"

He said, a wide smirk adorning his face, now.

Zaira blushed to the roots of her hair. Her efforts to break away from his daring and mirthful gaze proved to be futile.

He dropped a kiss on her forehead.

Zubair looked at Zaira's green orbs, in which he could clearly see his own blue irises, mirrored.

Then he slowly closed his blue irises, leaned in, clearing all possible distance between them.

***

On the other side of the door,

"Sir, the food is ready!" Emily shouted, informing the occupant of the room. She had the best meal prepared.

She heard a groan and some mutterings and perhaps light giggles, on the other side of the door, before, she heard,

"We don't the food right now, Emily! Leave it on the table outside!"

The young master's frustrated voice resonated loud enough, for her to understand.

Giggling softly, she prayed the best for them and scurried out of their way.

***

That night probably remained a secret to everyone.

The Khans weren't aware of what had conspired while they were away.

Zubair and Zaira decided to keep it under wraps, lest it caused a rift in the family.

Emily had been cooperative too.

And of course what happened inside the double doors had been a secret too.

***

OmaiGodd!! Its over! And I am quite sad to part ways with Zaira and Zubair!

I haven't still thought of how to write the epilogue.....Frankly, I wasnt planning on writing it...but reconsidered it thanx to Lemon0212 I am still new to the idea, so I'll take my time. Insha Allah! Thanks to all who've been with me through this journey!
Am re editing the whole story from the beginning, so when one day you'll re-read it, it will be very different!

Thanx again!

Goodbye!!!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Mystery: Unspoken truth Από mishi144

Μυστήριο / Τρόμου/ Θρίλερ

10.9K 503 28
Ayeza was a modern girl,a lawyer by profession,all bubbly,full of life without worries.Getting entangled into a mystery of puzzles wasn't on her list...
27.9K 1.2K 19
"Go and meet your bride, son. She is waiting in my room. She is on fire." Di said smiling and I sighed smiling while all just laughed. "The time I t...
280K 15.3K 46
[ #27 in Spiritual- 23/11/15] "I shouldn't have marry you." ________________________ Zaina is a strong girl. She was perfect in everything, at school...
681K 41.8K 34
{ Highest Ranking 👉🏻 #1 in Spiritual/ Islamic love story } I felt hurt seeing him in pain, pain, which wasn't so obvious to him. // .... Emotions o...