Maybe It Was Fate

By BangtanBaeBee

Jungkook X Reader Completed ! She was just a normal girl. Attended her dream university, with her best frien... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Eighteen

48 1 0
By BangtanBaeBee

You walked into the cafe, Jungkook following closely behind. It was empty, with the only person there being your manager working behind the counter. You smiled at her "Hi Jen,"

"Y/N, what are you doing here on your day off?"

"I'm just here with my...." You looked up at Jungkook. Not knowing what to say.

"Boyfriend. Hi, I'm Jungkook." Jungkook says to Jen.

You stand there gobsmacked, staring at him with your mouth agape, eyes wide. Sir-

"Oh, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend! Welcome, sit wherever you like." 

You smile awkwardly and breathe out a nervous laugh. "Thanks,"

You and Jungkook sit down at one of the tables closest to the window. Jungkook grabs the menu from the table and starts studying it while you were still staring at him in complete disbelief. Jungkook notices you staring at looks up at you, his eyebrow raised. "What?"

You blink. "Nothing...." How was he so oblivious ?!

"What do you recommend?" Jungkook talks like everything is normal.

You go with it. "Do you want something hot or cold?"

"Hot."

"The chai lattes are really good."

Jen walks over. "What can I get for you two lovebirds?" Your eyes just about bulge out of your head. "I'll get a chai latte. What do you want babe?" Jungkook says nonchalantly. Sorry, am I hallucinating? Am I missing something here? "Same," is all you can manage to say. Your manager walks back behind the counter and starts making your drinks. 

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. "You look like you've just seen a ghost,"

"Boyfriend?" You spit out.

"Is that what you want?" Jungkook leans on his forearms, bringing himself closer to you from across the table. He tilts his head.

You gawk at him. "I mean, yes?" You didn't understand. Was this some kind of sick joke? You could tell he enjoyed watching you react like this. 

"Well, there you go. That settles it." He leans back in his chair, crossing his arms all while having a smirk plastered across his face. So, Jungkook was now your boyfriend? It was really that simple?

"Wait a minute," your eyebrows furrow and you shake your head. "I don't know anything about you,"

"Of course you do. My name is Jungkook. I don't have parents. I like black clothes..."

"Jungkook, I'm serious."

"So am I. What else do you need to know?"

Now was your chance. "What do you do for work?" You cross your arms.

You see him falter for a moment, his brain working out a response. "Business stuff."

"Business 'stuff' ?" you raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Boring shit. I do paperwork for a company and manage their accounts and whatever."

You slowly nod your head, squinting your eyes. "Right," You still didn't 100% believe him. It was just all very vague. "You do that with the other guys? Yoongi, Tae, Jimin, Hoseok?"

He nods. "Been working together for a while now. But you see, the real problem is I don't know anything about you," Jungkook leans forward on the table again, changing the subject. You tilt your head.

"I moved here 3 years ago so that I could go to the uni here. I used to wait tables at an Italian restaurant in my home town. I now work here in this cafe. I study Education. My parents are both pharmacists. I don't have any siblings.... I think that covers everything?" You give him a taste of his own medicine. 

Jungkook smiles, chuckling a little. "I think that covers everything..."

"Two chai lattes," your manager comes over holding the two steaming mugs. "Thank you," you say as you smile at her. "Thanks Jen," Jungkook says, looking down at the drink that was just placed in front of him. "It's on the house, you two enjoy." Jen smiles sweetly before retreating back to behind the counter. 

"Wow, she is so lovely." Jungkook comments. "Yeah, she's great"

"Wish my boss was like that," Jungkook takes a sip of his drink, his eyes lighting up. "Damn this is really good,"

"Told you" you smile smugly, sipping your drink. The sweet, hot liquid cascading down your throat, instantly warming you up. You lick the froth from your top lip, Jungkook staring you down as you do. 

"You look really pretty by the way," Jungkook says as he lifts his mug up to his lips.

You smile shyly, "uh, thanks. You look really good too."

Jungkook chuckles "I didn't have time to get dressed up, I probably look a mess."

"That's impossible" you say boldly. Jungkook shakes his head, chuckling. You wanted to ask him more about his past, how he was homeless. He had briefly discussed it, but you wanted to know more. "Can you tell me how Jimin helped you?" You boldly ask, almost instantly regretting it when you see Jungkook's face. You can tell you caught him off guard. You expect him to shut you down, refuse to answer.

Jungkook sighs deeply before speaking. "He found me when I was living on a street corner. I was 16. Told me that he could help me, that he would look after me. I don't know what he saw in me, but he really thought that I could help him, I guess, I don't know. There was something about him that made me trust him. He took me to his house, gave me food, clothes, a bed. He is like a brother to me. In return, I would help him with his work. I will never be able to repay him for what he's done for me. I would do anything for that man." 

You listen intently to Jungkook as he tells you this information. You wanted to know what he meant by 'help him with his work', but you didn't question him. He continues. "I suppose you also wanna know more about my parents and all that?" he raises an eyebrow at you. You nod slowly. He takes another deep breath. "Basically, my life was good until I was about 6. Then my piece of shit dad got fired from his job for being drunk. He became an alcoholic, drinking constantly. He was, angry. He started to hit my mother. Would abuse the shit out of her and there was nothing I could do about it. I was terrified. So I just watched like a fucking coward."

You interrupt "Jungkook, you were only 6-"

"I should have done something. This went on for years. My poor mother was too scared to tell her friends, her family, anyone about it. I had to call police multiple times, they never did shit for us. She would always protect me, though. Always told me to go to my room when she knew my father was about to beat her. Always told me everything was ok while blood ran down her face. By the time I was 11 my mother had enough so she just ended it. I got home from school one day and police were outside my house. I knew she was gone. I knew I was fucked, I couldn't live with my dad, I knew he would do the same thing to me that he had done to my mother. I managed to run away when I was 15 and spent almost a year on the streets before Jimin found me. If he hadn't found me god knows what would have happened to me. I have no idea where my father is now, whether he's dead or alive, and I really don't give a shit."

You sit back, amazed by his words. You really couldn't believe how hard he had it. Your life seemed so easy in comparison. You felt so sad for him, for the little boy who was too scared to help his mother. "I'm so sorry-"

"Don't be. I mean look at me now, I'm fine." 

You stare at him. There's no way Jungkook didn't have trauma because of all of this. "Jungkook, have you spoken to a therapist about all this? I think it would really help-"

"No. Don't need to. I deal with it my own way. Plus, Jimin showed me how to direct my anger and ways to control it."

You didn't want to push it, it was hard enough for him to speak about all of this, you could tell. You slowly reach across the table and gently place your hand on top of his. "Thank you for telling me." 

He looks at your hand on his before nodding. You sit in silence for a moment, sipping your drinks.

And then something catches his eye outside. He looks out the window, staring. You follow his gaze and can see someone standing across the street, wearing all black, their faces covered by a hoodie. You furrow your eyebrows "who is that?"

Jungkook turns back to you "I don't know". There was something about the way he said it which made you think he wasn't being honest. You can see the person outside walking towards the window, their face becoming clearer. It was Taehyung.

"Isn't that Taehyung?" You ask.

"I'll be right back. Stay here," Jungkook says lowly before standing up out of his chair and heading outside. You watch as Jungkook approaches Taehyung, maybe about 5-10 metres away from the shop. They start talking, you try to listen to what they are saying but you can't hear a word. Taehyung looks pissed off, you can't see Jungkook's face as he has his back to you, but it seems like they might be having an argument. You keep watching, Taehyung looking over at you multiple times and gesturing towards you. What the hell? Are they talking about you?

What could they possibly be arguing about over you? Jungkook shoves Taehyung by his chest, pointing his hand down the street. You stand up, starting to get worried this might turn into something more violent. Taehyung notices you standing, says something else to Jungkook before walking away. You can see Jungkook's shoulders moving up and down, like he is out of breath. He runs a hand through his hair before turning around and walking back into the cafe. 

He seems infuriated and extremely unsettled. He slumps down into the chair without saying a word and takes a sip of his drink. You're still standing up, looking down at him. 

"Is everything ok?" You say gently, not wanting to piss him off further.

Jungkook huffs "fine. Taehyung is just an asshole."

~ Jungkook's POV ~

I catch Taehyung staring into the cafe at me and Y/N. What the fuck does he want? 

"Who is that?" she asks. 

"I don't know" maybe if I don't acknowledge him he'll leave us the fuck alone.

"Isn't that Taehyung?" 

He is walking closer to the window. I know he wants to talk to me. He's already pissing me off.

"I'll be right back. Stay here," I tell her. I didn't mean to sound like a dick, it just happened. She doesn't need to hear what he's about to say.

I leave the cafe and walk over to him. "What do you want?" I ask, my tone blunt. "I knew it. I knew you were fucking her."

"You better watch it, Taehyung. It isn't like that." I say through gritted teeth.

"Oh yeah right, like I'm supposed to believe that. You can't keep your dick in your pants can you?"

"It's got nothing to do with you."

"Yes it does! You let your guard down because of this girl then we could all go down for it."

"It won't happen."

"How do you know?!"

"I won't let it. She is not like Mia."

"That isn't a good enough excuse Jungkook. How can you put all of us at risk just so that you can get a good fucking?"

His words are infuriating me, I would never use her like that and the fact he doesn't understand that really pisses me off. "Shut up Taehyung. She is more than that to me."

"Really? 'cause I think she is just a piece of ass for you."

That's it. I shove him by the chest, I'm seeing red and I'm about to lose it. "You better walk the fuck away from me before you regret saying that."

Taehyung stumbles back slightly. "I swear, she better not be the reason we all end up in deep shit." He turns away and walks off. 

I'm so fucking mad, I can't even control my breathing right now. My hands are clenched into fists. How dare he speak about her like that. I swear I was one more snide comment away from beating the shit out of him. 

I try to compose myself before I go back into the cafe. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 383 14
A chance encounter with a tattooed boxer has you questioning what's real. Excerpts from your first year together, 12 stories, one for each month. BTS...
54K 3.6K 43
You were in love with his scent the moment you met him and you knew you wanted to be with him the rest of your life. The only problem was he already...
13.8K 663 21
Seokjin X Reader (female) Miss (L/n). The leader of the most High class working and earning mafia gang. She's witty, she's sweet, she's sharp, ambiti...
22.6K 683 45
Where Hoseok overhears some Interesting Information on the bus. Jimin is kind of a nerd and is in love with the most popular boy of the school, Jungk...