Love Is Hard

By eniola_writes

"why can't you just stop pushing me?" I asked him. I was damn fraustated , leading me on and then pushing me... More

Author's note
cast
💔1💔
💔2💔
💔3💔
💔4💔
💔5💔
💔6💔
💔7💔
💔8💔
💔9💔
💔10💔 (1st heartbreak.)
💔11💔
💔12💔
💔13💔
💔14💔
💔15💔
💔16💔
💔17💔
💔18💔
💔💔19
💔20💔
💔21💔
💔22💔
💔23💔
💔24💔
💔25💔
💔26💔
💔27💔
💔28💔
💔29💔
💔30💔
💔32💔
💔33💔
💔34💔
💔35💔
💔36💔
💔37💔
💔38💔
💔39💔
💔40💔
41
42
💔43💔
💔44💔
💔45💔
💔46💔
💔47💔
💔48💔
💔49💔
💔50💔
AUTHOR'S NOTE
💔51💔
💔52💔
💔53💔
💔54💔
💔55💔
💔56💔
💔57💔
💔58💔 {end of part I}
author's / appreciation's note
prologue 2
💔59💔
💔60💔
💔61💔
💔62💔
💔63💔
💔64💔
💔65💔
💔66💔
💔67💔
💔68💔
ANNOUNCEMENT

💔31💔

1.2K 316 104
By eniola_writes

Hello guys ,
So my birthday in 9 minutes.
*Smiling*

Anyway you guys should check out teenagehood by Timilehin06

Carry on.....

MERCY'S POV

I slowly turned back , well I'm sure you people think I am being dramatic , well I think I am too. But it's just that I packed too much things in my plate.

When I turned completely , the person I saw got me so surprised. I was such a fool to not have connected the dots together.

Hakeem's dad has an aeronautic company and he left for anniversary which we are also here for.

"Mercy. Is that you?" He asked with a smile. His hands were inside his pockets and did I mention he looked so hot right now in his fitted black suit.

He wore a black shiny shoe with it and he looked more mature in it. He still had his earrings worn and that was the only thing looking familiar.

"It's me , duh! What are you doing?" I asked giving him a brief hug as if I didn't see him just yesterday.

He looked down at me , obviously checking my gown and the plate which I was holding before his eyes returned back to my face.

"You look really beautiful today." He said with a genuine smile making me blush , yeah I repeat in my melanin way.

"Well you don't look bad yourself." I said back. He was about to reply me when we heard an excuse me from someone making us know that we've blocked the line.

He removed his hands from his pocket, collected the plate from my hands and dropped it on the table  .

He looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes ,
"Let's get out of this boring place." He said , I nodded at that .well a tour in this magnificent house and getting away from the speech was enough to get me to say no.

He grabbed my hands and led us out of the room.
"Hakeem, wait . My food." I whined when we stepped out.

He chuckled, "did you know you actually mounted everything. Anyway I'll tell someone to send them up." He said back.

"Better, cause I'm hungry and I didn't mount it. Why up though?" I asked looking around that same passage that we passed.

I brought out my phone and started taking shots of the art work and the room itself and in that process I mistakenly took a shot of Hakeem.

He was looking at my direction , his hands in his pocket, standing so tall. I stared at the picture, before going back to the camera .

"Mercy let's go. " He says and walked up to me holding my hand again and walked us to a wide staircase. The stair case was beautiful and on the walls portraits of various family members were arranged. I even caught Hakeem and Halima's own more than five times.

When we reached the top, I couldn't hold it again,

"Why didn't you tell me you were this rich?" I asked and he just shrugged.
"You never asked." He said back.

I removed my hand from his and looked at the whole living space, there was a centre table on a center rug , the table looked antique like.
There was a fireplace too and another staircase led up.

Everything about the room looked antique like . I didn't get enough time to check it all out as Hakeem dragged my hands again . We climbed the stairs and finally reached another passage were different doors laid side by side.

The passage was so wide and like the downstairs passage, different artworks were hung until we reached one door which Hakeem opened.

The size of our whole apartment was smaller than the size of this room. And I'm serious, I joined the whole bathroom which am sure will also be big to fit the large room.

The room had a balcony which you could step out too , a big king sized bed was also well arranged. The room was painted blue , different shades of blue.

At one side , different games , CDs and ps were arranged inside a cabinet and a very wide TV screen was hung on the wall just for playing the game. Okay wow.

There was also a walk in closet and  two different shelves were arranged in another corner giving it a library look there. In front of the shelves was a table and two comfortable leather chair .
Opened books were even on the table already.

I walked out and opened the balcony door I stepped out and I could feel Hakeem right behind me.

The whole view from here was fantastic, there was even a big pool right downstairs.

"This view is really beautiful." I said wishing I had my canon camera here instead of my phone camera. Don't get me wrong it was good but there's a difference.

"Yeah , really beautiful."
I took a shot of the view and turned back to Hakeem and instead of the view I was staring at he was actually staring at me.

The faint sound of music playing brought me out of my thoughts.

"I think they're dancing." I said remembering when the MC was talking about the other time.

"I know. Should we dance here?"

"Can you even dance and I'm hungry , I can't dance with an empty stomach." I said making him chuckle.

He walked inside and pressed a button before talking to whoever was at the other end.

"Please get me a plate of each dish cooked. Make sure ice-cream is part. Two cups ." He said making me grin.

This guy knows what's up , i walked inside and sat down on the soft bed.

"And there's no type of dance that I don't know for your information."  He added and sat down on the bed beside me.

"I can see." I simply said back.
"I'm serious, I even know ballet."
"That's hilarious, I can't even imagine you in a leggings."
"Please shut up abeg. Leggings nko legger ni."
"E pain am."

The door knocker almost interrupting my laughter , key word almost. I kept on laughing while he just glared at me.

He walked to the door and opened it , a lady entered , she was wearing a black jacket and skirt.

She dropped a tray on the center table and greeted Hakeem. I watched them exchange words. I laid in the bed and kept on watching them.

When they were done. She walked out. Teni turned back to face me and he visibly gulped. What's wrong now ?

"Why are you lieing down like a seductress   , am a guy too please don't kill me." He said making me laugh nervously as I say down back.

Seeing my expression he started laughing , I carried a side pillow and threw it at him. He caught it and kept on laughing. I wanted to hit him bad but the way he was laughing made me join him.

I stood up from the bed and arranged my dress before walking to the table . Hakeem walked to the shelves side and carried the chair and placed it in front of the other table.

I sat down and he also sat down right after removing his jacket and I tried not to stare.

He took a small plate of jollof with big roasted chicken for himself.
I took the fried rice with salad and a similar size of chicken.

As usual , I didn't talk until I finished eating. After ten minutes we both finished the meal , we dropped the plate. Hakeem walked to a portable fridge and brought out water and drinks.

He passed a bottle to me and sat down back.
"So is it only me that noticed that you don't talk while eating?" He asked making me chuckle.

"I don't, I have table manners unlike some people." I said ,

"It's me you're talking to like that." He said, I bursted out laughing

"Abeg who you be?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and in response he threw a side pillow at me and stood up to  get the remote of the TV.

He sat down back,
"The hair is really beautiful." He said looking at me.

"I'm a professional."
"I can see. I've learnt from you , next time let me plait it for you." He said touching the ends of the hair.

"No be only plait, you'll just do rubbish." I said with a mimicking smile on my face.

"Shut up jo. If I do rubbish that means you're a bad teacher." He said copying my expression.

"Lemme like that. "I said back.
He laughed and turned back to the TV. I had texted mum earlier that I met one of my friend and we were together.

I looked at him , his little earring still on his ear ,
"Why did you pierce your ears?" I asked .
"Why are you asking?" He asked back.

"Just wanna know.  Let's talk and eat ice-cream instead of watching movies." I said as I picked a full cup of ice-cream .

It was a mixture of different flavours and wafers were arranged around it.
Hakeem also picked his own and he had a similar thing.

See someone who thinks alike with me.
He turned on his chair , wrapping his legs under his body and facing me.

I did the same and now we were just looking at each other and eating the ice-cream.

"So why did you pierce it?" I asked again , he chuckled probably at the memory.

"It was a dare given to me by American friends when I was fifteen and we did it. "

"Who's we ? And your parents didn't talk?"

"They did , but since Damien was with me and he was older they all faced him and only shouted at me a little. " He said ,

"Wow. So you just went with it?"
"Yes na. It gives me that bad boy aura that girls like."

"Which girl abeg." I said with a chuckle making him frown.
"Girls love it jare , I'm sure you do."
"Well you're no bad boy , you're a teddy." I said with a pout.

"Ahhh, emi! "
"Yes ."
"Just take that sentence back."
"Whatever." I said back making him groan.

"And wait you're a nerd too!" I said out loud and this time he just faced his cup.

"I won't talk again." He said.

"Whatever , Mr  bad boy. " I said back and faced my ice-cream again , immediately I looked up again when he asked a question.

"So when the first time you saw me you didn't fall for it ABI?" He asked almost making me choke.

"Okay let's be honest , I was uhm..... What's the right word for it , oh... Yeah I was captivated by the look but knowing you now especially after I've pronounced you as my official bestie , you're a teddy to me ." I said with a smile

He smiled back ,
"See I'm captivating and wait when did bestie start?"

"So what about you? And bestie started now o." I said adding a wink.

"Okay so when you walked in I was like damn who's this girl walking with Trisha , but I had to look away you know ? To keep my bad boy persona. And you looked beautiful in that mini skirt with your long legs." He said making me just stare open mouthed did he actually just say all that.

We stared at each other , I didn't even know when he got so close to me and then my phone started ringing bringing me back to my senses.

Was I about to kiss Hakeem, that's crazy and I'll just be like a hypocrite.

I stood up from the chair and looked at the caller , it was Teni. Wow, weird timing.

I picked the call and walked to the other side of the room and I could still feel Hakeem's gaze on me.

"Hey." I said immediately I picked the call.
"Hey , i love your picture, you looked so beautiful." He said ,
"Thanks , so how's Nini?"
"She's fine , how are you?"
"Uhm I'm there but I met someone you wouldn't expect....."

"Uhm babe , I need to go. I'll call you back."
"Okay. Bye." I said and ended the call.

Before I could continue mum called too , informing me that I should meet at her downstairs.

I walked to the bed where my bag was and picked my bag,
"I'm leaving. The event is over. Thanks for this I had fun." I said with a smile trying not to make everything awkward.

He nodded and grabbed his jacket too.

We walked downstairs and I could see my mum and dad talking to three other people.

I walked closer and caught the face of the girl, it was halima  Looking beautiful as always and she was standing beside a very tall old image of Hakeem.

"Good evening sir, good evening ma." I said once I reached their front.

"How are you darling?" The beautiful women said.

"I'm fine ma, what about you?" I asked back with a smile

Halima was surprised at seeing me and Later dragged me with her.

"You look beautiful.  Hakeem you didn't tell me she was here." She says pouting.

Hakeem just looked away, she frowned and faced me back. We kept on talking until the adults were done.

"So you're angry again?" I asked Hakeem as we walked out.

"Yeah." He said honestly for the first time.

"Why?" I asked back

"Cause I don't like sharing what's mine." He said and looked at me. I chuckled at that, I wasn't his. I'm not even a property.

"I'm not yours Hakeem."

"You'll be mine later." He simply said and before I could ask him what he meant by that, mum was already calling.

Did Hakeem just say that...
So this is the chapter I promised.

Another one might come tomorrow.

And why did Teni just cut the call like that?

Who else thinks Hakeem really likes Mercy?

Anyway next chapter will be.......

*Grins*

Love y'all

Eniola 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 1.9K 46
"Roses are dead, violets are dying; outside I'm smiling but inside I'm crying" "Conceal, don't feel, put on a show Make one wrong move and everyone w...
52K 5.9K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...
1.9K 219 24
First of all, the story is based on a traditional average Nigerian family. Belle was born to a struggling single mother, well not really single, but...
34.4K 4.7K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...