PATHS | JJK ✓

By PL2298

❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precise... More

Chapter 1 ― Welcome Home
Chapter 2 ― Family Time
Chapter 3 ― ❝Surprise!❞
Chapter 4 ― Second Family
Chapter 5 ― Some Fresh Air
Chapter 6 ― Doctor Kim Hyejin
Chapter 7 ― HOPE Cafe
Chapter 8 ― An Odd Feeling
Chapter 9 ― Park Chaeyoung
Chapter 10 ― Free Time
Chapter 11 ― Passion
Chapter 12 ― Exhausted
Chapter 13 ― Too Soon
Chapter 14 ― Awkward Situation
Chapter 15 ― Shattered Heart
Chapter 16 ― Fight For This Love
Chapter 17 ― Another Day
Chapter 18 ― Feeling Nostalgic
Chapter 19 ― Comeback
Chapter 20 ― ❝To the girls and Jin!❞
Chapter 21 ― The Love of My Life
Chapter 22 ― Favourite Person
Chapter 23 ― Mentor
Chapter 24 ― Some Friends
Chapter 25 ― Ready
Chapter 26 ― Taking Responsibilities
Chapter 27 ― Relief
Chapter 28 ― Disappointment
Chapter 29 ― An Incredible Doctor
Chapter 30 ― Duty
Chapter 31 ― Jealousy
Chapter 32 ― A familiar feeling
Chapter 33 ― Prediction
Chapter 34 ― Nothing Happened
Chapter 35 ― Hours on Hours
Chapter 36 ― Take the chance
Chapter 37 ㅡ Still love
Chapter 38 ㅡ Weakness
Chapter 39 ㅡ Don't lose her
Chapter 40 ㅡ Wake up
Chapter 41 ㅡ Fighting
Chapter 42 ㅡ Remorses
Chapter 44 ㅡ Feelings
Chapter 45 ㅡ Us
Chapter 46 ㅡ Back to normal
Chapter 47 ㅡ Too perfect to be real
Chapter 48 ㅡ Secrets or Lies
Chapter 49 ㅡ Hatred
Chapter 50 ㅡ Let go
Chapter 51 ㅡ Negative
Chapter 52 ㅡ News
Chapter 53 ㅡ Revelation
Chapter 54 ㅡ Path
Chapter 55 ㅡ What If
{Bonus} Chapter 56 ㅡ Safe and sound
{Bonus} Chapter 57 ㅡ Shared Happiness
[Unpublished Chapter] Jeon Hyeri

Chapter 43 ㅡ Dearest friend

6.8K 309 80
By PL2298

A/N: Hi lovelies! How are you all doing?

We've reached 20k views and 1.3k votes on Paths! I still can't believe it but I wanted to thank all of you for giving me a portion of your time.
Time is precious; especially now, so
Thank You. ♥️

Here's my gift to you, an update!😅

Enjoy the chapter,
Love you and take care♥️

PL.

•••

You were born to be real, not to be perfect.

—Min Yoongi.

Chapter 43

DEAREST FRIEND

•••

Jungkook was surrounded by little sparkles as the sun shone down on the sea. The Fall breeze hit him, it was cold yet very light, and he didn't flinch. He was lost in his thoughts. He stared into space as he brought a beer can to his mouth before sipping the liquid.

Suddenly, sound of footsteps could be heard on the pontoon's wooden surface. It grew closer to his position. Nonetheless, he didn't take a peek until a familiar voice rang in his ears.

"Jungkook."

He immediately recognized the voice. It belonged to one of his dearest friends, one that he's been lying to for years, one he didn't deserve.

He looked over his shoulder only to see Jin bending down to sit by his side, letting a sigh of exhaustion like an old man would do.

"What are you doing here?" Jin asked before his eyes fell on the several beer cans coming out of Jungkook's bag. He felt a pinch on his chest yet he tried his best to hide it. He reached for a drink and opened it for himself, "I didn't know there was a party to go to. Why wasn't I invited?"

Jungkook's eyes fell down to his hands as he remained quiet.

The silence caused Jin to look on his side. He observed his friend for a few seconds before sighing. He immediately understood Jungkook wasn't doing fine too.

He reached for his phone in his jeans and went to look for something. After finding it, he held his phone in front of Jungkook and the latter looked at him confusingly.

"Take a look," Jin insisted, "Please."

Jungkook grabbed the device and stared down at the screen only to see it was a video. He tapped the play button.

[A/N: Video description will be in italic]

"Is it recording?" Jin's voice could be heard over the image of his shoes displayed on his phone screen.

"Really? Are you that old not to know how to record a video on your phone?" Chaeyoung whined before lifting the phone up towards the bed.

Jungkook gasped at the next image.

"Y-you two are so noisy.." Hyejin groaned as she adjusted herself on the bed. Her voice was weak and sweet. "W-why a-are you filming?"

"The guys are gonna be here in any second and Mom asked me to film everything." Jin explained.

Jungkook felt his heart ache at the sight of Hyejin being awake, speaking and moving. She looked weak but most importantly, she was alive.

"Ok, smile for mom," Jin asked only to get a frown from the patient.

"What?" She made a face.

A light laugh escaped Jungkook's mouth.

"Just do it already or we'll hear her complain for hours—"

"H-Hi mommy." She obeyed just by the thought of their mother going on a monolog on how parents worry about their reckless kids, "I'm doing better, d-don't worry. I—"

Jungkook paused the video.

Hyejin's face was perfectly framed on the phone screen. Despite the bruises, the cuts, the bandage and everything, she looked so pretty to him.

A soft smile made its way to the boy's face as he traced his finger on the screen, caressing her face oh-so gently.

"She's awake.." He finally spoke out.

Jin softened before nodding, "She is. But.."

Jungkook abruptly looked up, worries taking over his entire expression. "What? What happened?"

He took hold of his phone again before sliding it back in his pocket, "Nothing, she really is fine. At least physically. She—"

"What do you mean by that? Not mentally? What is it? Is she traumatized or something?" He panicked.

"Will you let me finish? I can't answer your questions if you cut me off." Jin raised his brow.

Jungkook bit on his lips before relaxing a little bit. "Sorry."

Jin sighed. "We had an argument that led her to depression. She's been silent ever since then and no one was able to pull a word out of her mouth. No one, not even Hobi."

All of a sudden, Jungkook was mad. He knew it wasn't his place to feel that way but he did. The only though of her being depressed triggered him.

"How come? You guys never fight."

"We fought about you." He admitted and gained his full attention. He exhaled deeply before meeting his eyes, "I'll be honest with you. I blamed it all on both of you equally. I told her that this shouldn't have happened in the first place, that she was dumb for even falling for your words knowing she'll be hurt again. And—"

"And you were right. I keep hurting her despite all of my efforts. I-" He stumbled on his voice. His gaze fell to his half-empty can and the sudden burst of emotion made him finish his drink in one go.

He gulped down the beer to its very last drop.

"It's all my fault if she's in this hospital bed right now." He stated, crushing the can in his hand and reaching out for another one.

"Ok ok, stop it now." Jin stopped him and took hold of his drink, "I wasn't done speaking."

"I was mad. In fact, I was furious. I just needed to put a blame on someone as I felt like I failed as a big brother to protect her. But I was wrong." He gained the youngster's attention again.

"Whatever you two lived in the past, I believe you have changed now. I'm sure you didn't call her for nothing that night and most importantly, I'm sure it wasn't your fault."

Jungkook was on the verge. His big round eyes got glossier as tears took control of them. "I just wanted to tell her everything I had in mind ever since she came back hyung. I didn't want her to get hurt. I didn't want—"

"I know Kook, I know." Jin placed a hand on his shoulder, "I shouldn't have thought that in the first place. I just needed time to process what happened to her and shouldn't have put it all on you like I did. I'm sorry."

The youngest fell speechless.

Ever since Jin sent him off that night, he kept on asking himself why. Why did he call her, why didn't he walk her down to her car, why was he so selfish, why was he.. so in love.

He kept questioning his life and decisions which brought him to his hometown, where he'd usually recharge himself.

However, it didn't help. It only caused him to think more and led him to drink in order to forget.

"You have to come back now." Jin continued, bringing him back to reality.

"I can't. It'll only be a matter of time before I cause another disaster."

"You two will never understand." Jin sighed and threw his head backwards in exhaustion.

Jungkook watched him confusingly.

"When will you two understand that you are putting so much pressure on yourselves for absolutely no reason." Jin started, "The only thing that is causing harms to yourselves are your own feelings that you contain for one another."

He shook his head in disbelief,

"You are afraid of reliving what happened in High School yet you both know it isn't some kind of teenager story anymore. You both grew up, you both know how to make relationships work because you lived all the downs already. You both are ready but just too scared."

His words echoed in Jungkook's mind. He examined them very carefully and the more he recalled them, the more he realized that Jin was right.

Their relationship was so toxic and destructive back then that getting close to Hyejin again became terrifying for him.

He didn't want to hurt her anymore. He didn't want to see her cry for him anymore. But why would he?

He knew what hurt her before, he knew what he did wrong. He knew he won't make  the same mistakes again so why be scared?

"You're right. I love her and I won't remake the same mistake I did when I was younger." He snapped. "I have to see her. Right now!"

He abruptly stood up from the ground only to stumble on both feet. The alcohol smashed his head in a heartbeat and soon enough, Jungkook fell down to the ground with Jin shaking his head in disbelief.

The elder reached for his drink and took a sip of it, "I take my words back. You didn't grow up one bit."

While Jungkook was groaning, rubbing his behind after colliding with the ground, Jin watched the sun on the verge of setting down.

"Hyung, we have to go back to Seoul!" Jungkook whined in the back.

"Shush kiddo, all of this sucked my energy. We'll go back tomorrow."

"WHAT"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 673 67
"Cause this is unlimited love. I'll wait for her." . "If fate makes us face each other again and if he still loves me like he said before, than I'll...
4.2K 328 48
There were seven of us. Seven guys who were friends since high school and later created a group. Spent a lot of their time together. I couldn't wish...
1.2M 67.8K 44
[sequel to online] ☾after two years of separation, they meet again.☽ © whaelien 2016 #299 in fanfiction-08.14.2016 started-06.20.16 completed-10.13.16
288K 10.4K 42
CRINGE STORY! DON'T READ! ❛❛ You came here and seduced me. ❜❜ In which a prince gets involved with one of the peasants. Copyright © 2018-20 re6ret [a...