Savage (Fantasy! Bakugou x Re...

By SilentBlueHawk

After being chased from her home, (Y/n) is forced to embark on a journey to escape the ongoing war. On the wa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Q&A
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Hiatus Notice
I'm Back
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
What comes next?
The choice is yours

Chapter 18

7.7K 317 275
By SilentBlueHawk

(Y/n) followed Bakugou as he took her across a bridge, leading her to a giant hollowed-out tree.

Music and light blared from the opening, and inside (Y/n) could see a small fire sat in a neatly-made stone pit that was situated in the centre of the floor. Around the fire were furs and rugs, upon which people were sat talking to each other. The whole room was huge and in the middle of them all, sat upon a raised podium, were Mitsuki and Masaru.

Mitsuki stood as her son strode forward with (Y/n) close behind him, "Prince Katsuki." She greeted him, raising her chin as she stared down at her son. The people around the room bowed their heads as he sauntered in. (Y/n) hung back for a moment, walking slower so he could bath in the glory of his people.

From the left side of the room, Kaminari waved to her, motioning for her to sit with them. (Y/n) awkwardly glanced at Bakugou before shuffling over to sit on a fur next to the golden-haired boy. He nudged her in greeting as she settled down beside him. She glanced up so see Bakugou staring at her out of the corner of his eye as he walked to kneel on the shorter podium between his mother and Kirishima.

Bakugou kept his gaze on her as his mother addressed the people around the room, "My son has returned, thanks to the human in our midst. Tonight we celebrate, not only Katsuki but for our thanks to this outsider. May the gods bless her for her kindness for many moons to come." Mitsuki raised a large bowl above her head before drinking from the contents and passing it to Bakugou.

He took a much larger sip than his mother, gulping down the liquid and passing it down the line to Kirishima. The dragon was now dressed in clothes like his friend, and his neck was decorated in necklaces made of fangs and claws.

"They're drinking the juice from the fruit of this tree. This is the only tree that grows it in the entire forest, and is only drank on special occasions. They start with the Queen drinking and finish with the King to symbolise their unity to their people." Denki took the bowl in his hands as Sero eventually passed it to him. He brought it to his lips and took a long sip before holding it out to (Y/n).

Her fingers gingerly wrapped around it and she took a gulp. (Y/n) held back a raspy cough as the liquid burned her throat. Her face contorted slightly as she swallowed and passed it onto the person beside her.

Kaminari cackled loudly beside her, clutching his stomach as he witnessed the look on her face, "Did I forget to mention it was alcoholic?" (Y/n) scrunched up her nose and clenched her jaw as a shiver ran down her spine from the taste.

"It's so strong." She croaked out, her mouth feeling dry. (Y/n) caught Bakugou's amused stare from across the room as she wiped the drink from her mouth. His lip twitched into a smirk upon seeing her holding back a cough.

"You're drooling." Kaminari breath tickled her ear as he whispered to her. (Y/n) jumped and hit his chest.

"Don't do that!" She scolded, folding her arms over her chest as people began to walk around the room with platters of food.

Kaminari held up his hands playfully, "Oh please, you're the one staring at him." He mocked her, "If it makes you feel any better, I bet he'd love to be sitting next to you right now."

"Shut up." The girl grunted as a young woman placed a plate of food before her. She gave (Y/n) a lingering stare before turning to hand food out to the others. (Y/n) shrunk into herself slightly while Kaminari gratefully took some food for himself.

"So," The blonde boy started, stuffing a slab of meat in his mouth as he spoke, "What do you think of the island so far?"

(Y/n) shrugged, pushing the food around on the plate, "It's nice." She smiled, "Beautiful even. It is so much more than what I had imagined."

Kaminari nodded, agreeing with her, "What's it like where you're from?" He leaned a little closer to (Y/n), crossing his legs to sit more comfortably.

"Cold." (Y/n) laughed out, "There are only a few days that I can recall having no snow. Though that was when I lived near the capital. When I moved to Bleakbury, it was winter all year round. The cold was harsher there and the snowstorms could get pretty bad sometimes, but at the same time, it was whimsical. Not that I minded, I kind of liked the cold. And it was quieter there, not many people knew about it."

"So why did you leave?"

Frowning, she curled into herself, "I was chased out by guards."

Deciding not to press the matter, Kaminari remained silent, easing the tension quickly by trying to steal some food from her plate. (Y/n) slapped his hand away, narrowing her (e/c) eyes at him.

"Eat your own food!" She said possessively.

"But you're not eating it." The boy whined and reached from it again, only for (Y/n) to hover it out of reach.

Ashido's hand snagged his hair and pulled it back, making Kaminari fall towards her, "Maybe if you weren't talking so much, she would be eating it." She flicked his forehead and ruffled his golden locks, causing the black zig-zag to lose its formation. Kaminari pouted and fixed his hair.

"Oh please, if I hadn't spoken to her, she'd still be too busy looking at the angry fur ball over there." He huffed, motioning with his thumb to Bakugou.

"Would not." (Y/n)'s jaw dropped in disbelief at his comment, quickly shoving some of the food in her mouth, "See!" She managed to mumble without spitting any of the food out.

Kaminari laughed, prodding her puffed out cheeks, while Ashido shrivelled her nose at the sight.

"You guys are so weird." Ashido stifled a chuckle as she tried to keep a stern look on her face.

After everyone had eaten, many of the people had moved from their seats, either talking to others across the room or dancing around the fire to the music some were playing. The sun was beginning to go down and many had already left to go back to their huts, while others had stayed to converse with one another.

Kirishima had joined the group not long after he had eaten and had splayed himself across (Y/n)'s knees as he lazily basked in the heat of the fire. Bakugou, however, was still seated by his mother with a bored look on his face as a few women surrounded him, trying to obtain his attention.

His red eyes continuously glanced over at the group, eagerly wanting to get away from Mitsuki and the girls that continuously pestered him. Unfortunately, his mother wasn't letting him leave just yet, a sort of punishment for being gone for so long.

In response to this, the group decided it would be funny to watch him suffer for a little while longer, so they remained seated in the same spot, laughing every time Bakugou's eye twitched when one of the unwanted females touched his arms or pressed closer to him. Even (Y/n) found it kind of funny to see his jaw grind in anger, though she dared not to get any closer to him. The women looked just as feral as him with some even pushing others out the way to get closer.

Unlike Ashido and (Y/n), the boys were making their amusement well known as they laughed loudly, puckering their lips and mimicking Bakugou's expression which angered him even further.

(Y/n) poked Kirishima's cheek playfully, "Stop being so mean. For your sake, not his." She warned him, leaning back slightly as she warmed her feet by the fire. Kirishima grinned up at her with a mischievous look in his eyes,

"I can handle him. Can't say the same about Sero and Kaminari though."

"Oh come on, not everyone can be as strong as both of you." Kaminari retorted, crossing his arms over his chest, "Besides that, Bakugou won't do anything, especially with Mitsuki keeping him in check." He nodded towards the woman who was currently scolding the said boy and pushing his face towards the girls.

(Y/n) grinned back at him as he caught her eye, biting her lip to keep her from chuckling. He glared back at her, resisting the urge to flip her off as one of the women tried to scoot closer, to which Bakugou snarled at her and made her back away again.

"Do you think we should help him?" (Y/n) looked down at Kirishima, petting his hair. He hummed in response, closing his eyes.

"Bakubro is fine. He can wait a few more minutes," Kirishima mumbled, relishing in the pampering of his head. (Y/n) scoffed, brushing his hair back up into its usual spikes.

"Aren't you supposed to be his 'sworn dragon protector'?" She snorted, ruffling his red-locks and messing them up once again.

He groaned, turning onto his stomach, "I suppose that would be the manly thing to do. But right now," He stretched out his limbs and nuzzled comfily against her lap, "right now I don't feel like being manly."

Sero nudged Kirishima's side, "Dude, don't fall asleep now! The sun's about to set."

When Kirishima's responded with just a muffled groan, both Sero and Kaminari grabbed him by the arms and hauled him to his feet. He whined at they as they dragged him towards the entrance of the tree hollow.

Ashido stood up next to (Y/n) and held up and outstretched hand. (Y/n) laced her fingers with Ashido's pink ones and allowed her to help her to her feet, "You're not going to want to miss this. The sunset here is amazing." The half-dragon girl dragged her cheerily out the tree and towards the three boys.

(Y/n) cast one glance back at Bakugou as Ashido dragged them both out of sight. She sighed and shuffled to stand between the girl and Kaminari, who was leaning over the railing surrounding the wooded platform they were on. She swallowed as she watched the sun slowly moving lower between the trees. The vines covered her view slightly, but she could still make out the soft pinks and oranges in the sky.

A callous hand gently wrapped around her wrist and pulled her back. She looked up startled, but relaxed when she met the red eyes of Bakugou. He nodded his head to the side, motioning for her to follow him.

(Y/n) looked back at the setting sun reluctantly before allowing Bakugou to lead her across the network of bridges until they were in a secluded area. He let go of her wrist and walked over to one of the trees, grasping onto some of the vines hanging down.

He turned his gaze back to (Y/n), "Get on my back." He demanded, crouching slightly. She stared at him ridiculously but complied, putting her arms around his neck and tightly wrapping her legs around his waist.

The blonde boy then stood up, "Hold on." Using the vines, he began to climb the tree effortlessly. (Y/n) pressed her face against his shoulder, resisting the urge to look down.

It didn't take long until they reached one of the large upper branches. Bakugou carefully let (Y/n) slide off his back and get into a comfortable sitting position. The view was so much clearer up here with barely any vines to cover the sunset.

She watched as the sun hit the horizon line, casting a haze of colours all over the sky. She stared in wonder, leaning forwards to get a closer look when Bakugou's hand covered her eyes. He scooted up behind her, brushing his nose against her hair, "Stop looking directly at it. You'll go blind, dumbass."

His voice was soft and caring, and it caused a smile to appear on (Y/n)'s face. She carefully pulled his hand away from her eyes and tilted her head to look back up at him, "But it's so pretty." She tried pouting, but the wide grin on her face betrayed her.

Bakugou rolled his eyes, placing his arms around her waist to keep her from falling off the tree, "You're so dumb sometimes you know that." He mumbled, letting out an amused scoff. (Y/n) shook her head as the last few rays of sunlight disappeared.

She sighed tilting her head to rest it on her shoulder, "Why didn't you bring the others up here?" She asked as Bakugou placed his chin on her other shoulder.

He shrugged, "I'm not carrying all of those bastards up here as well as you. Besides, you're not as annoying as those extras. You're the only one who doesn't piss me off." Bakugou let out a chuckle as he re-thought his words, "Well, you don't piss me off that much. You can still be an airhead sometimes." He brought up his hand and lightly flicked her on the head.

"Ass." (Y/n) leaned her body back against him and closed her eyes, feeling the slight breeze blowing through the trees. Bakugou hummed in response, tracing his eyes over the side of her face.

"Do you like it here?" He asked suddenly, moving his gaze back to the horizon.

(Y/n) smiled warmly, "Why do you ask?"

He froze, turning away to hide the slight pinkness on his cheeks, "I'm just asking since you're our guest! Damn. Don't look into it so much."

"I do like it here." Her response made him relax slightly, "So far no one has done anything to make me feel particularly unwelcome, aside from a few stares I've gotten."

"Who was it?" Bakugou growled, narrowing his eyes towards (Y/n), "I'll beat their asses for looking at you that way."

"Relax. As you said this morning, they're not comfortable around humans. They're not going to accept my presence straight away." He huffed, digging his chin into her shoulder slightly.

(Y/n) flicked his head and glared at him, but that just made him hold on tighter. He was like a child.

"You're so silly sometimes, Bakugou-"

"Katsuki."

She hummed in confusion as he interrupted her.

"I want you to call me Katsuki." He grumbled, a frown on his face, "You said it back at the other village, and you call Black Eyes by her first name, and I've known you longer, so it's only fair." Bakugou's voice was less than a whisper as he spoke.

(Y/n) moved out of his grasp, twisting her body to come face to face with him. His eyes were looking anywhere but at her, as she scooted closer. Gingerly, she brushed her knuckles against his cheek, lifting his gaze.

"Cute." She said softly, biting the insides of her lips as she held in her smile. He smirked and lowered his head closer to her.

"You're such a brat."

"And you're such an ass, Katsuki."

"Oi, I think they're about to-" Kaminari's voice pulled them both out of their trance as Ashido and Sero jumped on the golden-haired boy.

"Denki, bro! You ruined it!" Sero retorted as the two of them stared down at the three pirates standing on the platform a little ways below.

(Y/n) covered her red face in embarrassment while Bakugou glared down at them.

"The fuck! Are you shitty bastards stalking us?!" He growled down at them. The three of them looked up sheepishly, but the guilt slowly turned to fear as Bakugou pulled away from (Y/n) and began to descend the tree at expert speed.

They shrieked and ran off across one of the bridges, almost falling over as it wobbled beneath their feet.

"I'm going to kill all of you!" He snarled as he chased after them.

Kirishima's stood to the side, watching as they all ran away before climbing up the tree to retrieve (Y/n). He lifted her onto his back and took her down to safety. When her feet hit the floor she looked up at his smug face.

"Thanks, Kiri."

"No problem." He winked knowingly at her, "We should probably go catch up to them before Bakubro decides to murder a few pirates."

(Y/n) chuckled and nodded her head, still feeling a bit bashful after being caught alone with the blonde boy.

Unfortunately for Kaminari, he was the first to be caught. Bakugou had him pinned down on the floor of a wooden platform, arm wrapped tightly around his neck while Sero and Ashido struggled to keep the poor boy from being strangled to death. His yellow eyes caught (Y/n) and he continuously hit his hand on the floor in a desperate attempt to cry for help.

The girl shook her head, her (h/c) hair flicking over her eyes, and walked forward. She tapped her foot against Bakugou's side and quirked an eyebrow at him,

"Come on, big guy. Let him go." Bakugou grunted in response and tightened his grip around Kaminari, who's face was growing purple, "Bakugou." She warned, putting her hands on her hip, still earning no response from him.

Growing impatient now, she put her foot down and raised her voice, "Katsuki, let him go."

With a growl, Bakugou release Kaminari. He gasped for air, crawling towards (Y/n)'s feet in an attempt to escape the rabid dog of a man behind him.

"And you call me a brat." (Y/n) smirked as Bakugou glared at his escaped captive, "Now can someone please show me to my hut, I still don't know my way around here."

Kirishima grinned, holding up his arm as he volunteered, "I will!"

"Her hut is closest to mine, Shittyhair! I'm fully capable of taking her myself." Bakugou rolled his eyes, standing up off the ground and brushing himself off.

Kirishima pouted, "Man, why do you get to spend all the time with (Y/n)?"

Bakugou's eye twitched, "I don't." He grunted, turning away from the lot of them, "Keep up dumbass, I'm not waiting around!" He called out to (Y/n) as he crossed the bridge in a huff.

She glanced at the other three, with a shrug and awkwardly bid them goodnight before hovering behind Bakugou.

"You should stop being so mean to your friends." (Y/n) scolded him playfully, bumping her elbow against his.

Bakugou raised his lip and wrinkled his nose, pulling his necklaces off and hanging them from his waist, "I'm nice enough." He grunted, walking around someone else's hut and onto another bridge, "They should stop being so annoying."

"You're like a big child sometimes." She laughed, earning herself a glare. He raised an eyebrow, daring her to elaborate, "Well for one, you lose your temper quickly," She began. Bakugou tutted at her, rolling his eyes, so (Y/n) continued, "You hate sharing. You can be cute, sometimes."

Bakugou stopped, turning to her, "I thought I told you before?" He said, leaning down to her level, "I am not cute."

(Y/n) looked up at him with her (e/c) eyes as he stared down at her, "And last of all, you're always trying to prove yourself to everyone." She brushed her hand against his cheek, feeling him stiffen under her touch.

"I don't need to prove myself to- to anyone!" He stuttered out, a blush rising to his cheeks.

"No, you don't need to." (Y/n) pulled her hand to her chest, "But you feel like you do."

Bakugou huffed, looking away from her, "I don't think trying to prove yourself to someone is a like a child thing."

"No," She smiled, her brows creasing sympathetically, "It's a Katsuki thing, because you don't realise how much you really mean to people."

Bakugou held back the expression that tried to force its way onto his face, hearing his name on her lips brought him waves of emotion he couldn't quite describe.

"You're such a dumbass." He growled huskily, flicking his gaze back to her face.

"And you're such an ass." (Y/n) grinned, her breathing becoming heavier as he moved closer. She swallowed, suddenly feeling vulnerable under his intense stare.

A sudden lightning strike followed clap of thunder lit up the darkening sky. Small, warm droplets splattered on both of their faces, quickly turning into large raindrops as the sky turned a dark, grey-ish shade.

(Y/n) burst out into a wide smile, leaning her head back to feel the rain hit her cheeks. The boy in front of her furrowed his eyebrows but smirked at her strange antiques. He quickly and gently wrapped his hand around her wrist and began to drag her out of the rain and towards her hut. He chuckled as he opened the door and carefully pushed her inside. The rain pounded against his body, causing his spiky hair to stick to his forehead, while (Y/n) stood in the dryness of her hut.

(Y/n) reached her hand up and brushed some hair out of his face. He leaned into her touch, his eyes softening as he stared at her through half-lidded eyes.

Bakugou leaned his head down towards her but was stopped when (Y/n) teasingly put her fingers over his lips.

"Get out of the rain you damn prince." She giggled at him, pushing his head back a little. Bakugou growled in protest, narrowing his eyes playfully at her as she prodded him away from the door, "Goodnight, Katsuki." She whispered with a wide smile on her face.

Bakugou shook his head, a slight chuckle coming from his own mouth, "Goodnight (Y/n)."

The door closed behind (Y/n) as she walked into her hut. The girl let out a breath as she leaned against it, closing her eyes and slumping her body slightly. (Y/n) bit her lip as she was overwhelmed with joy and excitement, thinking back to the boy who stood before her mere moments ago.

In that one moment, everything felt so perfect; this feeling that made her stomach flutter and her heart swell with happiness made her forget everything that had ever happened in her life. In that moment, all that mattered was him. His face, his hair, his voice. In that moment, (Y/n) realised that she was slowly falling for that angry, barbaric savage that she had met just a month ago.

It's a shame that the moment couldn't last forever. Because when it came to (Y/n), nothing ever did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 115 23
Katsuki Bakugou is a hot headed teen who wants nothing more than to be the best hero possible. When he meets y/n, he has a feeling he's never felt b...
43.2K 1.1K 55
Mikki finds herself moving from France to her birth country of Japan due to extreme circumstances. She joins UA as it is a similar course to the one...
20.2K 730 15
***17+ or viewer discretion*** Izuku Midoriya. A 20 year old who simply wants to get a job. After getting tired of being a homebody, he eventually tu...
142K 4.6K 37
What started off as a simple journey soon became a life threating choice. A young herbalist finds her curiosity getting the best of her as she discov...