A Deal With The Prince

By notwhippedhours

Suddenly living in an unknown world, she learned she was now in the romance book she had read not long ago an... More

Chapter 1: Becoming a fiancée
Chapter 2: Pretty boy
Chapter 3: A challenge
Chapter 4: Childhood trio
Chapter 5: Last minute party
Chapter 6: A new friend
Chapter 7: Be late or you'll die
Chapter 8: Unexpected guest
Chapter 9: Ending the deal?
Chapter 10: Fairies
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Test partner
Chapter 13: A Couple In Making
Chapter 14: I might get killed by the crown prince
Chapter 15: Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 16: I will skin you alive
Chapter 17: Old man
Chapter 18: Bloody
Chapter 19: Don't want to die
Chapter 20: First kiss
Chapter 21: Odd
Chapter 22: Real name
Chapter 23: Near death experience
Chapter 24: Stealing
Chapter 25: Forever and ever
Chapter 26: Nap time!
Chapter 27: Finally I'll tell you
Chapter 28: No.one.can
Chapter 30: The end?
Extra 1
Fin
New book
Author's Note

Chapter 29: Unable to protect you

12.9K 555 58
By notwhippedhours

Before any more arrows could bring him even worse injuries, Kyrillos carried him and got him out just in time. Lucy clicked her tongue in annoyance before stomping on the ground creating large earthquakes beneath our feet. I held onto Phillip and used my magic, allowing us to float.

"How can we defeat her?" I asked Phillip loudly as the earthquakes around us were extremely loud.

"The only thing I remember from the teachers was to kill them no matter what," Phillip answered back, trying to stop the earthquake with his magic.

"Anyone who loses control of their power can never return."

When he finally stopped the earthquake, he pulled out his sword. Turning to me, he said in a serious tone, "Defend yourself and the others. I'll take care of her."

I scoffed in bewilderment, "Are you crazy!?"

"She is able to use all types of magic Lilyana. You and I both know that getting close to her is like thinking pigs can fly without magic."

"But other than the forest king, I am able to fight her better than all of us. I can use all of them as well, remember?" he smiled.

"Yeah but with a limit Phillip!"

He chuckled, holding his stance up with his sword, "It's better than nothing right?"

"So Lily, protect yourself and the others. You can do that can't you?"

I bit my lip harshly making it slightly bleed, "I...I can help you too-"

"I know." he cut me off, "I know you can but if you got hurt again, I wouldn't know what to do anymore."

"I rather die protecting you than watch you suffer more."

"Ah, just shut up!" Lucy screamed in annoyance.

"You are not fit to be with her. Only me! So shut up and die will you?!" she casted shadow figures coming to life.

They started running towards Phillip, sharp claws wanting to stab and gouge his organs out. Before they could even get close to him, they fell to the ground slowly dispersing.

"What..?" Lucy watched as she saw the shadows she made, break down and fall.

Phillip laughed, shaking his head, "You really should have educated yourself more. Making puppets are easy but dispersing them is just as easy."

"You.."

"That speech just now was pretty decent in my opinion but no way am I letting you have all the credit to yourself later on." Kyrillos spoke as he stood beside Phillip.

Kyrillos turned to me and smirked, "I'm quite interested in Lilyana myself."

I blinked, "Wait- you mean as in..."

Kyrillos' smile grew wider, "That's right. In that way."

I stared at him unable to say something back at him but it didn't matter as he continued speaking, "But I can't pursue someone who has a lover already." he sighed.

"Uh.." I really didn't know how to reply back.

Kyrillos' eyes lit up, clapping his hands together, "Maybe I'll just pretend you don't have a lover and pursue you!"

"That doesn't make sense with your previous statement!" I retorted but he only returned me a wink.

Kyrillos was looking dumber by the second and I could see Phillip glaring at him. If looks could kill, Kyrillos would be dead ages ago.

"There's no way I'm letting you do that." Phillip scoffed.

"Why must there be more obstacles..." Lucy muttered to herself, biting the skin off her fingers causing them to bleed.

"You all are trash! Don't taint her with your existence!!"

Kyrillos yawned, digging his ear calmly, "Stop being so worked up and annoying. Let's get this fight over with so I can go back and take a nap."

She glared at him. "Die!"

She kept throwing things at the two of them but they swiftly dodged it or had it backfired to her.  There were sparks flying everywhere as they kept colliding with one another.

Catherine and Blaive were helping Ralph out, trying to stop the bleeding. I went over to them.

"Are you okay Ralph?" I asked as I watched Catherine remove the arrows.

He had a deep frown on his face but tried his best to smile, "I'm alright. These aren't major injuries anyway." he waved it off.

"It's best to get this treated by the healers though." Catherine said once she finished pulling out all the arrows.

"Blaive, bring Ralph to the infirmary room and Cath, please inform the teachers what is happening. Even if it seems like those two can handle her who knows what will happen. It's better to have extra help."

Catherine and Blaive nodded. Blaive placed his shoulder over Ralph.

"Be careful Lily." Blaive said.

I chuckled and showed him a thumbs up, "Will do!"

"Promise me you won't carelessly do anything." Catherine said.

I nodded, "I promise. Now hurry!"

They quickly fled away while she was busy fighting Phillip and Kyrillos. I could just run away right now as well, letting those two deal with her. I'm not as strong as them combined too so my presence really wasn't needed no matter what but I felt like I should at least help them in some way.

Clenching my fist, I encouraged myself before turning back to them. I'll help them as much as I can!

...The fight ended? That's anti climatic.

Kyrillos poked her with his finger, "Thought you were stronger." he mocked as he kept poking her.

"Not bad," Phillip said to Kyrillos as he wiped off the dirt on his face.

Kyrillos scoffed, sending him a thumbs up, "Why do you think I'm the forest king for what?"

I stare at the scene. The fight came and ended quickly like the wind. "...Is she dead?"

The two turned to me and nodded. Phillip pointed at Lucy's body which was excessively bleeding. I breathed out a sigh, not believing at how easy it was to kill her off. Kyrillos stood back up and stretched his arms.

"I shall take a nap now, stop by the forest later Lilyana."

I dazedly nodded, "Alright.."

He pointed at me sharply, "And don't forget to bring sweets and that tea you brought not long ago." After he said that, he snapped his fingers and disappeared, small specks of light floating around where he stood before it faded into the air.

I walked over to Phillip who was checking to see if she was dead already. "So she's really dead?" I asked once more, uncertain if it was true.

He nodded, "Yeah..she's not breathing."

"Oh."

"Why? Are you feeling bad for her?"

"I guess you could say that." I answered, kicking a small rock away.

"I don't see why you should. She was the one who has been tormenting you." he harshly mumbled, still angry at her.

I used my magic, washing away the blood around her. "Maybe..she was just lonely, nobody to go to and rely on...or maybe the environment she had been living in was terrible."

With a bit of wind, I brushed her bangs away from her face. She somewhat looked peaceful. I hear Phillip sighing, "But her actions weren't right."

"You are right. So all I can do is hope she will live a better life next time. Unlike this and her previous." I mumbled the last part.

I stood up and dusted my skirt before smiling at Phillip. Extending my hand over at him, I said, "Let's go back. I can hear some teachers coming which means Cath already alerted them."

Phillip stared at my hand but didn't take hold of it. I looked at him, "What's wrong?"

"Why is it everytime I'm with you, you still get hurt? I said I would protect you and not let you get hurt yet..." he frowned to himself, glaring down at his shoes.

"You can't blame yourself for that."

"Why not Lily? I said that I would yet you still get hurt. What's the point of me being with you if I can't even protect what I love?!" he shouted, angry at himself.

"Phillip-"

"I love you Lilyana." he softly spoke, his face filled with agony and misery. "Do I really deserve you if I can't even protect you-"

His sentence got cut off when I slapped him hard across his cheek. Chest heaving, I shouted at his face, "You don't get to choose whether you deserve me or not!"

He stared at me, bewildered by my sudden slap. "...Lily..are you crying?"

---

Author's note: I'll talk about a book I have been writing in the last chapter which is the next one after this !! Hopefully you guys will check it out if I ever post it 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 6.2K 54
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
54.2K 2.6K 47
(A Reverse Harem) Leda Jenson is a lot of things. A great decision-maker is not one of them. Stupidly drunk one night, Leda encounters a strange man...
3.9K 95 12
She was just an innocent little girl who was starved for her family's love. Yet, they chose another young girl to be their happiness and threw her in...
4.2K 1.2K 46
I remember trying to help an old woman cross the road, but things didn't go as planned. I ended up getting hit by a truck instead of her. I couldn't...